Summer Ice

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mary!" he exclaimed and bolted from his seat, almost knocking Rachel over in the process. He tossed an apology over his shoulder as he rushed to Mary, sweeping her off her feet in a bear hug.

"Mary," he breathed her name as he breathed her in, savoring his favorite scent of her shampoo and dryer-fresh clothes. Mary held on to him loosely and he realized after a second that she wasn't embracing him back. He pulled his head back, still smiling and noticed her eyes fixed on a point over his shoulder. He turned his head and saw Rachel and the others watching them.

"Uh, you mind if we go outside to talk?" Max asked, drawing Mary's gaze to his face.

She nodded and he released her, taking her hand in his and leading her outside to the bustling sidewalk in front of the deli.

"What are you doing here?" he asked first. "I mean, I'm so excited to see you but I can't believe you're here!"

Mary nodded, still glancing back at the deli. Max followed her gaze and blinked as he realized what she must have thought when she'd walked in. He took hold of her shoulders and leaned down so he could look directly into her eyes. He had to make her believe him when he spoke.

"Mary, that was my friend Rachel," he said in a soft voice. "Just my friend. Not my fiance, not a former girlfriend or ex-wife or anything."

Mary's eyes lifted to his face and his heart nearly split in half when he saw the glistening tears in them. He pulled her close and kissed her, his arms going around her back to hold her tight. He kissed her lips, then slid his mouth across her cheek and planted kisses on her nose, forehead and closed eyelids.

"Please believe me, Mary," he murmured into her hair where he had his lips pressed to her head. "I never wanted to hurt you and I hope you can forgive me for the way I've treated you."

Mary still said nothing and Max was really beginning to worry as he released her. He stared down into her face and brushed away the tears that had slipped out.

"Mary, say something, please," he begged, his heart aching.

"Max, I'm so sorry," she murmured and he crushed her close in another hug.

"What do you have to be sorry for? I'm the one who acted like an idiot."

"I did, too," she said and pulled back to look up at him. She gave him a tearful smile and he kissed her again. "I should have told you what I was thinking instead of yelling at you and making you feel bad for leaving."

"I'm sorry I left!" Max replied with a laugh. "I should have stayed and made sure you were all right."

Now it was Mary's turn to laugh. She touched his cheek as she shook her head. "I'm not a child, Max, that you need to take care of."

He cringed, remembering his conversation with Rachel. "I'm sorry about all that, too. I know you can take care of yourself." He grinned and dropped a light kiss on her forehead. "But I like to take care of you."

"I know," she said and smiled back. "I like it, too."

For a long minute they just held each other, grinning like a couple of fools in the middle of the sidewalk.

"Mary, I love you," he blurted and blushed as soon as the words left his mouth. He watched Mary's face and saw the shock in her eyes. "Did I just ruin our relationship again?"

"Ruin it?" Mary asked with a breathless laugh. "Again? What are you talking about?"

"Well, the first time was when I first kissed you," Max said, still hot with his blush.

"Max, I told you then that you didn't ruin anything," she replied and stood on her toes to give him a hot kiss.

He leaned over her, his hands firm on her waist as her tongue slid tentatively between his lips. He kissed her back, taking over the kiss and making her moan seductively in the process. After a minute, she pulled away and Max grinned when he saw the bright color high in her cheeks. Lifting a hand, he brushed his fingers over the blush and kissed her where he touched.

"You just keep making everything better," Mary told him. "I love you too."

Max whooped in excitement then and swept her into his arms, spinning them around in a circle. Mary shrieked and clung to his shoulders until he set her back down. He sealed their lips together in a deep kiss, holding her face in his hands and making sure she knew how much she meant to him.

"Now that you've made a spectacle out here," Mary spoke first as they parted, her face pink. "Why don't you introduce me to my friends?"

"Sure," he said. "But you have to tell me; how did you get here?"

"Oh, Rebecca and I drove out together," Mary explained and turned to wave at a vehicle parked just across the street. Sure enough, there was the pretty brunette and she waved back.

"Great!" Max exclaimed. "Go tell her to come in with us."

Mary nodded and hurried across the street to retrieve her friend. Max went inside and was greeted by the curious expressions of his friends.

"I hope that's Mary," Rachel spoke up and Max laughed, giving her a warm hug.

"Looks like we both got our wish," Max replied.

***

By the time she was able to settle into her bed at Max's family house, Mary was exhausted. It had been a full day, no doubt about it. She had met all of Max's friends, including the gorgeous blonde she'd seen Max hugging. Rachel was a lot of fun and one of the nicest women she'd ever met. Max's parents were amazing as well, welcoming both Mary and Rebecca, and insisting they both stay in their house. The two friends agreed and were set up in the spare rooms. Rebecca was planning to leave in the morning, even after Max had repeatedly tried to persuade her to stay and do some sight-seeing.

"I think you and Mary need this time together," Rebecca had insisted with a smile. "Besides, I don't feel like being a third wheel."

It was the first time Mary had wondered about Rebecca's single status. She'd spoken privately with her friend earlier in the evening until Rebecca was able to reassure her.

"I'm not lonely," Rebecca had assured her. "Sometimes I am, but right now I'm just excited to be going to school."

Mary had relented after making Rebecca promise to email every day and call once a week to make sure she was doing all right.

Finally, Mary was alone in her room and she gratefully slid under the covers to get some sleep. It had been such a whirlwind week and all the traveling had tuckered her out. Apparently, Max wasn't ready to let her sleep. He tapped quietly on her door not five minutes after she'd turned the light out.

"Did I wake you?" he asked with a sheepish grin as she let him in.

"Not yet," she replied. "You can't be in here. Your parents gave us separate rooms for a reason, you know."

His grin got wider and Mary felt that familiar fluttering in her stomach. Bolts of electricity shot all through her body as Max reached for her and she felt the moisture gathering between her legs. From the look in his blue eyes, she knew he knew it too.

"Damn you," she whispered and let him carry her to the bed.

"I still can't believe you're here," he replied in a soft voice as he lay her down and slipped her night shirt over her head, leaving her naked to his roving gaze.

Blushing, Mary tried to cover herself with a pillow, but Max wrenched it from her grasp, tossing it over the side of the bed. Mary stifled a laugh and gave in, reaching for his boxers. Since he was wearing nothing else, they were naked together in seconds.

"Have I mentioned how much I missed you?" Max asked as he dropped kisses down the side of her throat and along the curve of her collarbone.

"No," Mary replied and sighed when his lips brushed over one taut nipple. She was holding his shoulders and had her eyes squeezed shut as he explored his body. Lord, how she'd missed his hands and mouth on her.

"Well, I did. I missed this nipple," he told her and sucked it between his lips. Then he switched to the other one. "And I missed this one too."

Mary laughed breathlessly and clung to him as he continued to tease her.

"I definitely missed your stomach," he said as he smoothed a hot palm down between her breasts and over her belly.

"Well, there's a lot to miss," Mary remarked in a dry tone.

Max lifted his head and scowled playfully at her. "You're beautiful, Mary. All of you, and I don't ever want to hear you say otherwise."

Mary felt tears prick her eyes and she bit her lip as she nodded weakly. He nodded as well and then kissed her, sweeping away all thoughts with that single, heated kiss.

His tongue danced around hers, stroking softly and then pressing firmly. Meanwhile his hands slid up her sides and cupped her breasts. He ran his fingers over the tips of her nipples, making them pucker even more until she moaned into his mouth.

"Ssh," he admonished her, drawing back from her lips.

He was close enough that they were still breathing the same air and Mary just couldn't breathe him in enough. She wanted more of him. Somehow, at the beginning of this sweltering season, he still had a hint of the ice to him and she wanted to lick him all over, tasting as much of him as she could. He just wouldn't let her. He kissed her again, letting his hands wander down her body until he was parting her legs.

Then he pushed his fingers up inside of all her wet heat and she had to bite down on her lower lip to keep from crying out his name. He kissed her lip, easing the sting of her bite but she could feel the upward curl of his lips and knew that he was pleased by her reaction.

"Damn you," she breathed again and he chuckled.

His fingers moved inside her, stroking her until she was writhing under him, gasping in each breath. He told her that she had to be quiet or his parents would hear them. She wanted to reply that this was all his fault but he slipped down her body and gave her sensitive core a long lick, from bottom to aching top.

A strangled sound escaped her as he did it again and she pressed her hands over her mouth to keep the noises from growing. Max slid his tongue between her wet folds and flicked the tip upwards, making her hips lift right off the bed. He licked her again, deeper and then moved his mouth up to that one spot while he slid his fingers inside her. Sucking, he swirled his tongue over the tip and thrust his fingers upward.

"Oh God," she breathed, unable to stop the words from escaping. She could only pray that they weren't loud enough to wake his parents.

Max kept stroking her and licking and teasing her until she turned her face to the bed, smothering her cry of pleasure as he undid her.

Then he lifted himself over her and brought their bodies together while she was still humming from the inside out. Mary looked up into his eyes and watched the intensity that crossed his face. He was breathing hard and a fine sheen of sweat lined his forehead.

"Max," she hissed out his name from between clenched teeth as he drew back and then pushed deep. "I love you." She pulled his face close for a kiss.

His eyes softened at her words and he met her kiss as his pace increased. He pushed hard and fast and Mary lifted her knees, cradling him closer with legs and arms. His strong arms slid around her shoulders and he brought their bodies closer. All the while, he kissed her, passionately exploring her mouth until she was trying to wrench her lips away, just to catch her breath.

His lips and tongue slid across her cheek and he sucked her ear lobe into his mouth as he thrust into her. Mary lifted her hand and placed her palm against his cheek, smiling as his blue eyes opened to stare hazily down at her. Then her mouth fell open as the coiling pressure burst within her. Max felt it and his pounding body tensed over her as he came too.

Mary pressed her open mouth to his shoulder and stifled her scream of pleasure as Max pushed into her. They rode the wave together and Max collapsed on top of her. She ran her palms up and down his back and turned her face to kiss the side of his neck.

"I love you, Mary," he said as he lifted his head and brushed her hair out of her face with gentle hands.

"I know," she replied. And she did, all her doubts and insecurities gone for good. He'd erased them and melted her heart all over again.

They held each other close and slept in one another's arms, neither of them caring if anyone found them that way in the morning.