Summer in Maine Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She laid down on my chest panting.

"I love you." I whispered softly, kissing the top of her head.

***

I woke to an obnoxiously loud seagull squawking outside. I took a deep breath and stretched and felt rumpled sheets next to me. I blinked away the fog from my eyes and noticed I was alone. I tugged my jeans on and walked out to the kitchen. I felt right away that something was wrong. I jogged out the kitchen, the screen door banged against the porch rail. The Jeep was gone. I ran back inside to the bedroom, her clothes were gone, in the bath her toiletries were gone. The coffee table in the living room had a magazine or two on it. I looked in the kitchen and nothing was different except for the note on the counter.

Dear Pete,

I feel like a complete and total asshole right now, because I know when you read this you'll be pretty upset. When I woke up I checked my messages and my Mom had called yesterday. Emmy was in an accident at camp and broke her arm. She's okay, but I didn't feel right staying with you while my folks took care of her.

I heard what you said last night and it scared me. I wanted so badly to say I love you too. I'm just not sure if it's real or not. We come from different worlds, we're at different places in our lives, it would be impossible for us both. You should move on, and remember everything I taught you. I have no doubt you're going to make some girl very happy. You did this one.

Love,

Chrissy

xoxoxo

***

Chrissy hated herself for the lie about Emmy breaking her arm, but she'd hope it would ease the sting of her running off. She was sure there was no other way to end it. The tear was drying leaving a cool streak down her face.

The traffic was getting heavier as she neared Portland, so she decided to get off the highway and start west along back roads. She still had a couple weeks of her vacation, so she wasn't worried about getting home right away.