Taming an Immortal Ch. 06

Story Info
Marcela and the village of harmony.
9k words
4.81
12.4k
22

Part 6 of the 14 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 04/28/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 6 - Marcela and The village of harmony

Every day that week consisted of intense sword training and close combat sequences. Rose didn't understand why they were training so hard seeing that Lord Etienne had no plans for her to continue working with the human chiefs.

But those moments of contact had driven both of them so wild with need afterwards that she had to insist on training alone or in the presence of Miria. Still... there were nights when he'd slip into her room and leave a trail of kisses at the most sensuous spots - a fight, she could not win.

Which was why when Miria suggested that they take the horses for a short ride, Rose eagerly jumped at the chance, racing to the stables to retrieve Tea Leaves.

"Where are we going today?" Rose chirped as she handed Miria a black and white spotted horse.

"Aren't we so cheerful today?" replied the Vampiress, as she led her own steed out of the gates. "There is a human village not far from here. Not a town we have any business in anyway but I'd thought it'd cheer you up."

Rose arched an eyebrow at the Pureblood who broke out into giggles -something she had never seen Miria doing.

"Did I miss something?" asked Rose.

"Oh, I hope for your sake you didn't!" Her giggles grew into full blown laughter. "Although, I wouldn't be surprised if you fainted the first time."

Just what in the world was Miria talking about? Rose was about to ask her when Miria hoisted herself up her horse and galloped off shouting, "If you beat me, I'll tell you!"

Rose looked pathetically at Tea Leaves and knew she'd never know the answer. As the horse broke into a trot, she wondered if the beast could be bribed with an apple treat.

"I'll give you another if you can catch up with Miria," she promised.

Tea Leaves huffed, blowing the parts of her mane off her eyes. Rose took that as a yes.

With the promise of an apple a gallop away, Tea Leaves covered an impressive distance that would usually take her an hour, within half the time. By the time they caught up with Miria, she was leaning against a tree, whistling away.

"At least I made it faster than you expected," said Rose, offering an apple to Tea Leaves, and then to Miria's horse.

"Still lost." She shrugged. "Maybe we can race again on the way back."

"You take Tea Leaves then."

Miria paused to think about it before breaking out into a smile. "Deal. But now we walk. By the look on her face, I'd say she's reached her daily limit."

Rose didn't mind. She was used to walking back when she and Keiko travelled with Lord Etienne. But walking with Miria was different.

For one, she was female.

"Miria, can I ask you something?"

"Yes?"

"How old are you?"

The Pureblood angled her head slightly, both eyebrows arched. "Why the sudden interest?"

Before she could reply, Miria shrugged. "I am about 427 years old. And Lord Etienne... well, I'm not sure myself but he could be close to 700 years old. Long life as a bachelor I must say."

"Have you ever -"

"No and don't you dare ever ask me this again."

Rose nodded quickly, embarrassed that she had blurted out the question without thinking.

"Are we almost there?"

Looking past the canopy of trees - a gift only a Vampire with long legs had- Miria squinted and then nodded. "We should be able to see the main townhall of Cove Viridian in a bit."

They had been walking for a few more kilometres when she noticed the shimmering hue of blue and green washed walls of little houses lining the seafront in the shape of a crescent. A busy port operated just at the tip of its furthest point with a pearly beach bordering the shores.

Rose thought it was a perfect name for the place.

"It's beautiful. You said it's a human village?"

"Sort of. Come." Miria grabbed her by the wrist and they started to jog towards the start of the village. The scent of smoked fish and pie filled the air, making her stomach rumble in agreement.

As they stepped into the centre of the village traffic, Rose couldn't believe it - humans, Vampires and Changelings were intermingling so effortlessly; some even holding hands and laughing as they went about their daily business.

Further ahead, pushing a cart of pies was an old couple -one was definitely human while the other was a Vampire... or at least it looked like it. Long silver-white hair tied in three braids rested on his back and yet, his face looked worn and weathered by the sun -and time.

"How is that possible Miria?" Rose had to know. Purebloods do not age.

But Miria simply shrugged. "It is very common in this village. In fact, it's the only place that I've been to that has aging Purebloods. Lady Elisa called this place cursed - which is the only reason why this village has survived the test of time."

"You mean it's sovereign?"

Laughing, Miria wrapped a hand around her shoulder. "You can say that. But I think it was more because it was Lord Montgomery Arceneaux's favourite village."

It made sense. He was a big proponent of inter-race peace. Perhaps this was where he had lived with his human wife?

"Come on. Nahia told me to get some salt and fresh fish. I don't have a clue what to do, so..."

"I'll help you don't worry," laughed Rose. Whatever it was, this place made her happy. She was about to ask what type of Changeling lived in Cove Viridian when a flock of seagulls stopped just in front of her and shifted into human form; their nakedness such a common occurrence that no one but Rose paid much attention.

One of the Changeling male winked at her as he slipped into a pair of breeches.

"Hi! I am guessing you're not from around here?" He put out his hand, a massive smile on his face. "I'm Drake."

Rose only took his hand because Miria was pushing her from behind.

"Hi... I'm Rose and this is Miria."

Drake waved at Miria then started to pull at Rose's hand. "Looks like it's my job to show you around then!" Turning to Miria he hollered, "See you later Miria! Smoking hot as always!"

Torn from her comfort zone, Rose didn't know what to do. "You know Miria?"

"Everyone knows Miria. She was born here!"

Rose found herself jumping along with Drake; his movement echoing his animal form as they bounced from one place to another. Even his speech was like a chirping bird - incessant and punchy.

"So what are you looking to buy today? We've had a massive haul of shrimp and earlier this morning we even had tuna but that's all gone now. No wait, let me guess - you're a seabream kind of girl! Oh or maybe a mackerel!"

She allowed him to rattle off all her favourite fish. It had to be a skill only seagull Changelings could sense.

"So here, you have the fishing boats. The humans - hey Mark how's it going?" Drake raised his hand in salute to the boatman. "So yeah, the humans they take us to the ocean and do the heavy lifting. We just tell them where the fishes are gathering."

"That's very impressive," said Rose. "You help too I suppose?"

Blowing out air through his lips, Drake pointed to his body. "I didn't earn this bronze from standing in the shade sweetheart."

Rose blushed at the endearment. She had never met a seagull Changeling before but she was starting to like them very much.

"So have you decided what you want?"

"Some mussels?"

Drake halted in the middle of the road; a hand to his heart as he sucked in a deep breath. "Rose! Oh Rose! You break my heart sweetheart. Mussels? These muscles here didn't work so hard to haul in mud-shit for you. No, that won't do. I'm getting Anzer to get you a fucking lobster."

Anzer turned out to be the local fishmonger -long black hair tied in a long ponytail and a butcher's knife in one hand. From the silver glint of his eyes, Rose could tell he was just as amused by Drake's antics as she was.

"These lobsters are much better missy. Drake here got them in himself. I trust that boy," he said, winking at both of them.

Rose knew defeat so putting up both her hands in the air, she laughed. "Well, then lobster it is. Do you also have -"

"She absolutely l-o-v-e-s monkfish!" Drake dashed in front of her and grabbed at the biggest one he could see.

"For goodness sake boy! You're going to scare her shitless." Turning to Rose, Anzer smiled sweetly. "Please excuse him. I didn't manage to teach him manners. He jumped out of the nest after hatching and knocked his brains out."

The monkfish hit the fisherman's head as punishment.

Rose was in hysterics by the time she had everything she needed. Walking along the port, she felt more happier than she had been the past week. Something about being in the open made her warm and fuzzy inside.

Perhaps it was the memory of roaming freely with Lord Etienne and Keiko. No drama, no responsibilities. They had each other and that was enough.

"So is Anzer like your -"

"Dad? Totally. He found me and my brothers abandoned by the beach and brought us home. He always said he wanted to make an omelette but we looked so disgusting that he boiled us instead."

Drake looked extremely happy about his tale. "And what do you know! An hour later, we hatched and he was so upset that he couldn't have any eggs for breakfast."

Rose thought that was so adorable. "I'm glad he didn't! It was such a pleasure to meet you Drake."

"Well," he grinned, leaning against one of the quayside pillar. "I take payment in ki -"

"That's enough flirting, squab."

Spotting Miria, Drake pouted. "Aww come on Miria. My first date and you're stealing her away already?"

"You wish. Now say goodbye to Lady Rose. We'll come by and see you again if you behave." Miria rubbed her hands playfully over Drake's blonde hair.

Slapping her hands away, Drake rushed towards Rose. 'Wait... a Lady like... Lady and Lords of the house and shit?"

"Yes and shit, Drake," echoed Miria. "Say goodbye to your family for me."

Rose kept looking back even after the village was but a speck in the horizon. A part of her didn't want to go home - it was the first place she had felt so alive.

"I told you, you'd like the place," said Miria when they finally arrived at the clearing where they left the horses.

Rose hoisted herself on Tea Leaves. "You didn't tell me that was your hometown."

"Now you know."

Smiling at the Vampiress, Rose decided then that this gift that Miria had given her was much more precious than anything she had ever received.

"Thank you Miria."

The Vampiress simply whistled into the wind; eyes cast forward as they trotted back home

***

Dinner that night was a feast. Nahia had been so pleased by the fresh finds that she had exhausted herself preparing an elaborate dish for Rose.

However, the meal was served only for her, while everyone around the table ate leftovers -it wasn't like they needed nutrition, she assured her.

"I heard you were smitten by Cove Viridian." It wasn't a question, she knew. Rose wouldn't be surprised if Lord Etienne had scented Drake's scent and was trying to be sarcastic. Perhaps he was.

"It is hard not to. But, I believe it shows how possible it is for all of us to live in peace and interdependence."

A few of the Nobles around the table nodded in agreement, making Rose smile at them. Being of Noble birth meant that one of their parents were human. While most Purebloods insist that it was merely for reproduction and proliferation of their kind, Rose was always convinced it had to be more.

Surely they had fallen in love at a certain point?

Sneaking a peak at Lord Etienne, Rose knew it had to be true. She had loved him from the first day she met him; an innocent love that grew over the years to be one that gnawed at her with a longing that could only be satiated by touch.

And yet, Rose felt empty, knowing that their stolen kisses and heated explorations were just that - stolen.

Lord Etienne was not hers to claim, now or ever. Whatever this was between them was on borrowed time and would end someday.

"Rose, we will talk later... after you eat." A gentle reminder by the Pureblood sitting at the head of the table. He had a dish similar to hers but his interest was more on watching her eat rather than the meal on his plate.

It had always fascinated him - a human's need to eat so much and so often. He would always hold her up by the ankles as a child and wondered where all the food went to. It had made her giggle so hard she'd vomit out everything she ate - much to Keiko's annoyance.

As she slowly polished down her meal, Rose thought about Cape Viridian and wondered if the village would welcome her if she chose to move there. In slightly less than two months, Lord Etienne would have to choose a bride - regardless of her feelings -and she refused to be the sideline action feeding off the scraps of his attention.

Biting on her last morsel of fish, Rose wiped her lips carefully and pushed the plate away.

"That was extremely delicious Nahia. Your best dish!" The plump Noble simply blew a kiss at her from across the table.

"Take a walk with me," said Lord Etienne when she started to stand up.

Rose wanted to deny him, intending to give an excuse of feeling tired but she nodded, unable to take her eyes off the beautifully sculpted face of his.

Tonight, he had worn a robe of pure black silk; the contrast bringing out the silvery shine of his hair as they swayed in the soft breeze of the night. Rose reached out to catch a handful of his strands and watched as they slipped past her fingers.

"We will have another visitor in the morning," he said, stopping to allow Rose better access to his hair. She knew this was the one privilege she had - the right to touch and play with a Pureblood's status symbol as she wished.

"What is her name?"

"I do not care for that," he admitted, looking down at her face. "What would you like me to do with her?"

Another concession. What was wrong with him? Didn't he realise that this was not a choice she had to make?

"As you please my Lord," she replied, biting back the rising anger in her voice.

Lord Etienne remained silent, continuing to walk in the darkness with her at his side. It was only when they reached his bonsai garden did he stop to look at her again.

"This cherry tree is very special to me." He pointed to a tall blossoming tree surrounded by various shapes of bonsai. "My father and I planted the seed of this tree when I was four. It bloomed every year until the day he left this castle."

His hands held her face gently, rubbing at her cheeks with his fingers. "I haven't seen it bloom since, but yesterday I found this." He took a small pink flower from his pocket and tucked it behind her ear.

Rose turned her face into his hand, leaning into the warmth of his body. How many more stolen moments like these did she have left?

"Look at me Rose," he ordered; a finger tilting her chin to face him. "I will ask you one more time. What would you like me to do with her?"

"What I say shouldn't matter my Lord... after all, I am only human and I have no right to counsel you."

Bringing his lips to an inch away from hers, his throat growled low, almost into a purr. "What do you think you are to me then? A pet?"

Clenching her fist tight, she thumped them against his chest in anger. "It doesn't matter! You know this won't go anywhere. It cannot! You are a Pureblood Lord and I am a peasant girl. Even if you love me, mate me, raise a child with me, we both know that it is temporary. I will age and die and then you will mar-"

Her words died against the brutal onslaught of his kiss. His hands cradled her face tight, angling it to give his tongue more access to her mouth to draw hers out in a furious dance. Rose gave a hard shove, nails scratching him as she fought against his strong hold; but Lord Etienne was too strong.

When her body grew limp against his, he simply grabbed her by her thighs and lifted her up, wrapping her legs around his body.

The sudden move caught her by surprise and Rose pulled away from the kiss; instinctively holding on to his neck for dear life, falling perfectly into his trap. Without warning, he pushed off from the ground, leaping up to the nearest branch above them and then higher and higher until they were under the stars.

"Why are we here?" she demanded, looking all the way down.

"I didn't want to be disturbed." His silvery eyes twinkled in the dark. "Here under the stars, is more...suitable for you than the mundane sheets."

Rose found herself smiling despite being angry at him. That was as romantic as Lord Etienne could get.

"And what does my Lord have in mind?"

His lips pressed gently against her collar bone. "Say my name." A soft command as he continued kissing towards the valley between her breasts.

She could feel his fingers reaching out to pinch for her nipples, the hardened nubs sensitive in the cold night air. It was difficult not to give in.

"Etienne..." she whispered into the night. Why was he torturing her so?

"I like how you say my name," he murmured, pulling down the front of her dress to lather kisses all over her exposed flesh. "I want you to look at me and say it when I'm inside you next time."

"Etienne!" Rose was embarrassed just thinking about it. Looking down between them, she could see that the evidence of his arousal was standing proudly, simply waiting for her to touch. She briefly had a glance when Drake and his brothers shifted naked in front of her earlier on but to actually look and touch one...

"Rose..." he whispered, wincing as her fingers tentatively explored the ridges of his cock through the soft material of his robes. When she pulled away, he had to force her hand back down to continue the caress. "It doesn't hurt," he assured her.

She felt a wetness seeping through the cloth at the tip of his cock and rubbed her fingers over it curiously. When he didn't stop her, she moved her hand down the length of his shaft, closing her fingers around the thickness.

"Move your hand up... and down -yes, like that."

Her eyes flared open when she realised her fingers couldn't touch each other all the way in one grip. How was this going to fit... inside her?

"I promise it will only hurt a little at first," he murmured, bringing his forehead down to touch hers. "But then it would only be pleasure."

Her protest was kissed away; his tongue dipping into her mouth to bring her to a complete surrender. Here, alone at the top of the world he was, for this moment, hers.

***

He had showered her with kisses; eliciting sighs as his fingers explored the silky wetness between her legs, bringing her over and over again into shuddering shocks of pleasure. Rose had purred in contentment after, when he curled her onto his lap, lying quietly under the stars.

Any more torturous nights like this and Etienne feared that his hard cock might snap off in agony. He had planned to take her there, but Rose had not been ready. Her body might have been rife with arousal but her mind and her heart were not at peace - they were not his.

He knew it was selfish of him to claim skin privileges from a woman who was saving them for her mate -if he survived having his head chewed off that is. And yet, he couldn't keep away; her innocence and kindness a drug to his needs. Tonight, like so many previous nights, he had crept into her bed and she simply tossed her blankets aside to welcome him.

Holding her like this was just -right. There was no deceit in her actions; a lust for power or money that so many other women - human, Vampire or Changeling - demanded of him. Of course, Etienne had not taken a lover since Rose came into his life. She was the only person who gave everything unconditionally. Her laughter, her conversations, her life, her love...