That Old House

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

* * *

I walked in the front door, empty handed. "Mary? I need you to do me a favor."

It was only the second time I'd called her by her name. The first time she'd disappeared for two days. I hoped our new connection would prevent that.

The feathery touch against my cheek, and the soft kiss reassured me.

"I've got a surprise. I'd like you to hide until I call you. No peeking, alright?"

The gentle tug on my right ear was her reply.

Ten minutes later I had all her things in the living room. The picture of The House was centered over the fireplace. Her photo was on the wall beside the door, where I could see it every time I left. The family picture was centered on the coffee table.

"You can come out now," I called out loudly. I only had her word that she hadn't watched me the entire time. I trusted her.

I was shocked when after a few moments she appeared nearby, in her entirety. A naked slender beauty knelt down and studied the picture on the table. She turned to me, and I saw her wonder.

"...how?..."

She stood, her hand reaching out, touching her old belongings, running her hand across them. An old iron. A metal coffee pot. A large wooden chest, the lid twisted askew. An old china plate, with two tea cups and one saucer. A heavy cast iron pan. An odd shaped glass vase. The mirror. A set of nested rattan baskets. An ornate brass candlestick telephone. The largest item was a strange little table, with a padded surface on a little more than half of it, and a square raised wooden tabletop beside it, with a single drawer. None were in great condition.

I had placed the small table against the wall. She stopped before it, looking back at me, and pointing at it. I nodded. She walked over to a space against a different wall, and pointed again. I moved it to where she indicated, and she knelt beside it, then touched the floor a few inches away. I shifted it over, and she stood. She waved at the old phone, and tapped the wooden surface. I placed it where she'd pointed. She sat on the padded seat, her hand stroking the wooden surface, grasping the phone.

Her image shimmered, wavering and disappeared. A moment later I felt her hand in mine, and she was pulling me. I was towed into the bedroom, and her hands tugged at my belt. I undressed, and climbed in the bed, feeling her join me.

I was hard in moments, and inside of her. She used me for a few moments, and her face appeared before mine.

"...how?..."

I explained my find, the odd coincidence, the generosity of the shopkeeper. "They are all yours, aren't they?"

Her lips met mine, my cock still moving within her. A gentle tug on my right ear confirmed it.

"There may be more. If there is, I'll try to get 'em. She'll be here on Sunday."

Her movements accelerated, and I could no longer talk. I don't know how she did it, but she'd cranked up my need, and moments later I was beyond any chance of thought or reason, desperate to come for her. She moved down, took me in her mouth just in time for me to erupt. She finished me, gave me her touch, and then she was riding me again, my renewed hardness enveloped.

"Can I call you Mary?"

The tug. 'Yes.'

I had a difficult request. "I... I'd like to give something to Bev and Karen. I was thinking the China cup and saucer for Bev, and the vase for Karen."

The lips touched mine, she tugged my left ear, a clear 'No', and then she was doing it to me again, inflaming my desire, driving me crazy. I groaned, thrusting toward her. Moments later she was draining me.

The entire experience hadn't taken ten minutes. Ten glorious, insane, heart-pounding minutes. I lay back gasping. She had other things in mind. Mary was impatient, taking my hand, tugging, drawing me off the bed. I followed, weak kneed as she led me up the stairs, and to the front bedroom to my right. I was guided to the fireplace. I saw the dust brushed away, and the large center stone on the bottom moving. I reached in and helped her. The back of the stone had two grooves, just deep enough to get your fingers under. It was heavy, and difficult to move. At least six inches thick, with a 2 inch lip. After I had moved it out of the way, a metal box rose out of the hole, over a foot long and eight inches wide. It was at least six inches deep, and looked solid.

It landed in front of me, and the lid opened. It was nearly full. I saw jewelry, coins, and some papers on the bottom. A large necklace arose, and my hand was turned upward, the stunning piece placed in my palm. It was a flower, close to two inches across, numerous diamond encrusted petals set in white gold, with a huge yellow multi-faceted stone in the middle. It looked like a daisy.

"For Bev?" I asked, nervously, handling an item which likely cost what I earned in a year. At least if those diamonds were real.

Moments later I received my confirmation, with a gentle tug.

From the box, what was clearly the matching ring emerged. A smaller flower, maybe half the pendant's size, it had the same pattern, the diamond petals, and the central bright yellow stone. My other hand was turned upright, and the ring placed in it. "Karen?"

'Yes.'

"It's too much, Mary. These are heirlooms, priceless. I should keep them with The House."

A firm tug on my left ear let me know she disagreed. A very firm pull.

"You're sure?"

She almost pulled my right ear off. I had no idea she was that strong. Foolish me.

"Alright, I get it. You're going to give them a hell of a Christmas."

The jewelry was taken from me, placed back into the box which was closed. It rose and settled in my hand.

"Thank you," was all I could say. I stood, and felt her lips against mine.

I followed her back downstairs, her pull leading me along. I ended up in front of her family picture.

"...thank you..."

* * *

I was restless at work, unable to concentrate. Luckily, we had an office party, and nobody seemed to notice. I left as early as I could get away with, eager to get to the airport. I had 11 days off, and only had to use my 2 floating holidays, not a single day of vacation. That was important, since I was down to less than 16 hours. My project had taken all my free time.

Bev was flying into Dulles, which meant another 20 minutes to get to the airport, but I was still there half an hour early. I had made a brief stop on the way, and was watching the flight boards intensely, looking for their gate arrival.

They were eight minutes early, which was great, but they were also the last ones off the plane. I was a nervous wreck, when I finally saw them exit the glass doors into the baggage claim area. I ran over to them, and their grins matched mine. I leaned over the wheelchair, and hugged Bev, never wanting to let her go.

"I missed you," I told her softly.

Karen pried my fingers off the flowers I was holding, while Bev hugged me back. "You are just a big baby, aren't you?" Bev teased.

I gave her a kiss on the cheek, and turned to Karen. Our phone calls had been wonderful, but I was feeling just a little awkward. I needn't have worried. She calmly passed the flowers to Bev, then leaped into my arms, throwing her legs around me, and kissing me soundly. Of course I kissed her back.

"Miss me too?" she asked, her tone teasing.

"You have no idea."

She let her legs slide to the ground, hugging me. "I think I have a damn good idea."

Bev waved the flowers to get my attention, and I took them from her. "Uh, sorry about that." I sorted them out. One was a large wildflower bouquet, which I handed to Bev. The other, a small assortment of three roses, red, yellow and white. "I didn't know which kind you preferred," I said, handing them to Karen.

"Are you kidding? I love them all. Thank you."

There was considerably more baggage this time, it looked like they were planning to stay for a month, not a week. But then, I'm a guy. A pair of jeans and a half-dozen pair of socks, boxers and t-shirts, would have fit in a day-pack.

The weather was cool, bordering on cold, and would get colder. It was supposed to hit 40 that night, nothing like the last time they'd been visiting. I was glad they were both wearing winter coats, I wasn't sure if they'd even have any.

I cranked up the heat as soon as we were in the truck, directing the air-flow toward Bev. "It just got chilly in the last couple of days, timing kind of sucks," I said.

Bev chuckled. "All the more reason to sit in front of the cozy fireplace, and drink a hot toddy."

I'm not sure I even knew what a hot-toddy was.

On the trip to the house, they queried me on the progress, and I caught them up-to-date. Not like they didn't know, with the nightly calls, and never-ending stream of photos. I'd been carefully filtering the pics, trying to keep a few things back for a surprise.

I asked them how things were going at the home, and if there were any new stories from Weird John. We talked about what they normally did for Christmas, and about some of their favorite Christmas memories. I have to admit, I didn't know anything about their religious views, if any.

I'm kind of a non-denominational Christian generalist, having been forced to attend a variety of denominations in the various foster homes growing up, none really sticking. I was raised with Christian values, and a hodgepodge of mixed guidance. I didn't think about religion much, and hadn't attended a service since the military.

Bev was a regular churchgoer. Methodist, and attended most Sundays with several other residents at the home. She certainly wasn't one to push her religion on you, as demonstrated by the fact that I didn't even know what she was.

Karen was a lapsed Catholic. She'd been married in the church, and had gone as a child, but stopped in college. She'd only been a dozen or so times in the last 10 years, a somewhat typical Easter/Christmas Catholic.

They both had great stories about childhood Christmases but not much since then. Bev went on for a good 10 minutes about her last Christmas with her husband. Obviously one of her favorites.

"To be honest," I told them, "I don't have a lot of great Christmas memories. I hope you two are going to help me change that."

Karen patted me on the shoulder from the backseat. "I'm hoping that this might be the first of many magical holidays together."

That was clear enough.

The conversation was animated, and ate up the time driving to The House. It was good, keeping my mind off the biggest concern I had. Mary.

The woods looked different, the fall foliage gone, many of the trees bare, a vast field of giant stick figures. The House didn't look much different, a few more windows in place since they'd been there last, but from the outside, pretty much the same, except the porch had been painted, white with green trim. Now it was nearly a perfect match for the old photo, right down to the chairs and swinging bench. Most of the surprises would be on the inside.

I hadn't been home after work, so I knew I needed to get the fires going first, as soon as I got the ladies indoors. I lifted Bev out of the truck and into her wheelchair, and rolled her up to the front door. Karen jogged ahead and opened it for us. I barely had her in the door before she spoke up loudly. "Jack! Wait! Stop!"

I got nervous, glancing around to see if Mary was up to something, and saw that Bev was staring at the telephone bench. "How... is that... where did you get that?" she gasped, rolling the chair forward on her own, reaching out to touch the padded bench, then grasping the antique brass candlestick phone.

For a moment, I was too stunned to answer. Mary had been up to something. I don't know how much energy it cost her, but she'd moved things around. The family picture was over the living room mantle, not the picture of the house. The picture of her was no longer by the door. Strangest of all, a fire was burning in the living room fireplace.

I'd setup the fireplaces before leaving that morning, so it wouldn't have been that much work to get it going. One of the foot-long fireplace matches would have done the job, but the fact that it was burning at all had me rattled.

"Jack?" Bev asked, holding up the old phone, and looking back at me.

"A, uh, antique store in town. You'll get to meet the owner on Sunday, when we have a few people over. She had a bunch of stuff she had bought at auction that was supposed to have come from this house. She sold it all to me."

She looked around the room, her gaze returning to the stand. "How did you know it belonged here? I remember it perfectly. It was the first time I ever used a phone. They were so proud of it."

How would I know? Good question. "It just seemed like the right place to put it."

Karen had walked over to the fireplace, standing in front of it, warming her hands, examining the picture above the mantle. "Is this them?"

"Let me see," Bev said, pointing, giving me directions. I pushed her over in front of the fire, took the picture off the wall and handed it to her.

She examined it carefully. "That's my Uncle. I barely remember what Aunt Mary looked like, and never saw the baby. But that's Uncle Don."

Karen was leaning over her shoulder. "They were a good looking family. He's a hot tamale, and she's gorgeous."

Bev passed me the photo, and I came close to dropping it when I felt Mary's soft touch on my cheek. I carefully hung it back up. "Let me get the other fires going, and I'll unload the truck while you two get comfortable. I'll only be a moment."

I moved from room to room, carrying a lit cedar strip with me, getting the fires started. In the dining room I found where the picture of the house had been relocated, sitting on the mantle. In my bedroom, I was alone. "Mary, are you here?"

The tug on my right ear assured me she was listening.

"Thanks for starting the fire. That was a kind gesture. Is it ok that they're here?"

Another 'Yes' tug.

I can't believe I'd avoided the simplest question about her presence while they were visiting. "Do you want me to let them know about you?"

A firm tug on the left ear. 'No.'

"Do you ever want them to know?" I looked around, hoping that my guests wouldn't see me seemingly talking to myself.

'Yes.'

"You'll let me know when you're ready?"

I was hunched over the fire, while it had already started. I felt her lips graze mine, and the gentle tug of a 'Yes'.

"Does it bother you that I'll be sleeping with Karen?"

I had to wait a while. I never got an ear tug, just a poke in the nose. I almost laughed out loud. "I'm going to take that as mixed feelings."

Another soft kiss. Then a teasing nibble at my lip.

"I'll find time for you, I promise. I don't know how and when, but I will."

I had spent too much time in the room already. I stood and felt a soft touch against my crotch. I was instantly hard. "Mary!" I hissed.

I could almost swear I heard a giggle as I adjusted myself, and almost ran through the main hall out the door to fetch the luggage. I hoped the cool air would settle me down. Who knew that my damn permanent house guest was a tease?

As I carted the luggage and boxes into the house, my thoughts returned to Karen and our relationship. Hard to avoid the thought, when I lifted her suitcase, and she nodded toward my room. It's clear she planned for us to take up where we'd left off last time. How could I tell her I had a girlfriend, as bizarre as it was. Was I cheating on her? Would I be cheating on Mary? What the fuck was I getting myself into?

I didn't have to address the issue too soon. While I was unloading, they spent their time in the bathroom. They had brought enough to stay a while, it seemed. Four large suitcases, two big boxes, and their carryon bags. I was still finished before they were, and started lighting the kerosene lamps as it was starting to get dark out.

As soon as the women came out of the bathroom, Karen headed for the kitchen. "I don't suppose you ate, either?" she said.

"Nope. Not since lunch."

"I'm going to whip something up. Anything off limits?"

"No. I need to go shopping tomorrow, for Christmas dinner, and for having a few people over the next day."

"What's a few?" Karen asked.

"I think it's six adults and some kids, I don't know the numbers, so let's plan on an equal number of kids."

Bev chuckled. "You don't know the number of kids? I take it these aren't close friends of yours."

"Not close friends, but very generous and good friends. Andrew, the county inspector who's been helping me with all the paperwork and inspections to make this place legal, his wife Brianna and their kids. I think he has two. The other is the owner of the store who sold me the things scavenged from The House, her husband and her daughter's family. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm such a lousy host I don't even know her name, or that of any of her family."

That got me some ribbing for being such a man. Karen was so outgoing, I had little doubt she would have had the names, birthdays, next-of-kin, and past history out of both of them after their first meeting.

I sat down next to Bev, relaxing before dinner. It already felt like home again, with the two women in the house. It had felt empty without them. Mary had been welcome company, ameliorating my loneliness, but the noise of the women's presence, the sound of footsteps, the chattering, clattering of utensils, brought the place to life.

"Thanks for the changes in the bathroom. It helps a lot," Bev said. I imagine it was an uncomfortable subject. I'd installed heavy duty rails beside the toilet. I'd added a seat for the bath that could be removed.

"In the future, would you rather I added a powered lift to get you upstairs, or convert the downstairs bath to your needs."

She looked at me curiously. "What are you saying, Jack?"

"When you come to stay. Would you rather have your bedroom upstairs, or remain down here. Upstairs the room will be larger, and I can design the bathroom to be friendlier. Otherwise I can convert the one down here."

"The way things are now is fine. It's not worth the effort for a week's visit. There's so much more you can do with your time," she insisted.

I shook my head. "I'm not saying this right. I want you to stay. Stay here with me. Live in our house. Would you rather be upstairs with me, or down here?"

She looked surprised. It was a few moments before she responded. "Jack, I'm not well. I would be a lot of trouble. You don't want an old crippled woman in your house. I need care. It's just not reasonable."

I turned and took her hand in mine. "I don't give a damn about reasonable, Bev. I need you here. I miss you all the time. This is our home. We've built it together. You've been beside me every step of the way. You're going to live here. The only question is upstairs or downstairs."

"No, Jack. I'm fine where I am. You can invite me out to visit now and then, and I'd appreciate it. You're young. You're going to want a wife and family soon. Young people to fill this house. I won't be a burden to you. It's not fair. Not fair to you, or to the family you'll have one day."

"Bev, you need to understand, as far as I'm concerned, you are my family. My entire family. Any woman that would consider you a burden is not the kind of woman I would want to marry and have children with. I love you, Bev, like the mother I never knew, and I want to see you every day. I want to hear your laughter, and put up with your nagging and teasing. I won't be happy without you here with me. In our home."

She was shaking her head slowly, and I saw her eyes glistening.

I continued, "If it's your friends at the home, you can go to visit them as regularly as you want. If you're concerned about the winter weather, you can even be a snowbird, alternating your time between here and there. I'll miss the hell out of you, but we can make it work out. Don't leave me here alone."

1...678910...15