The Ant Woman Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Holding her wet thighs together, almost childishly thinking she needed to as much of the fluid inside as possible, Wen wiped her mouth and face with her free arm. As she looked up at the curved ceiling in the alcove, she heard the Emperor ask with a gasping, careful tone, "Are you hurt?"

It took her a moment to respond. She felt like she'd been screaming for hours. "I ... I'm not hurt."

"I'm glad."

They didn't say anything else for a while. Wen thought she should at least do something about the mess they made. A hand still against her dripping genitals, she shuffled out of the bed and went off to a wash basin. Some moments later, they both had wet cloths and were wiping themselves off.

And Wen sat down on the bed again, looking down at a piece of jewelry that was tangled on the floor. She nudged it with her big toe. "Your Majesty ... may I ask ...?"

"What is it?" She felt him reach out and slide his fingertips on her hip, where some mild indentations were. "Hm ... you are hurt, aren't you? I've clawed into your innocent flesh."

Shaking her head, Wen said, "No. I'm fine. Please, Great Majesty, listen to your concubine." She tapped another piece of jewelry with her foot. "I must know, why did Your Majesty choose me to have as a concubine."

There was a long, shifting, falling sort of exhale. It was like flying sand. "Because," the Emperor said very gravely, as if he was discussing something far too important, "I could see that even though you dance close to the edge of the law, you have no cruel intentions. You only write for your own pleasure. I thought if I kept you as mine and told you to write, then nobody would have the right to criticize you for it."

Her feet slid back towards the bed. Her breath hitched. Then she said, "This concubine will dare to assume something of her royal husband. His Majesty didn't want ... didn't want to give this concubine his grace. He wanted to give this concubine his protection."

"Yes. Because I admired your determination to express yourself, even if it meant that you'd offend someone." The smooth backs of his fingernails stroked down the small of Wen's back, making her tremble. "Although the glimpse I had into your personality was tiny and incomplete, I admired what I did see. There's something comparable to me in you. I wanted to keep that something hidden from the world's dangers and free to grow."

Wen put a hand to her cheek and sighed as a sense of relief came over her.

He wasn't so frightening after all.

The Emperor changed his position, kneeling behind her and putting his arms around her waist. He nuzzled her back and said, "I want to sleep soon, but I'd like to kiss you a while longer."

With high eyebrows, Wen asked him, "What's a kiss?"

***

For the next week, the Emperor didn't call Wen to his bed. That was fine with her. He had other women that needed attention. She wouldn't have felt comfortable with being the only one he wanted. Regardless, she knew quite a few other concubines, especially the ones in the Sweet Carrot Palace, were jealous of her. They were all smiles and civility, but Wen could see the painful tightness in their eyes and the scraping bitterness in their teeth.

Moto spent a lot of time congratulating Wen. "Oh, Mistress is so lucky to have the Emperor's favor! Oh, we must help her keep her good health, or else she won't retain her beauty. Please, Mistress, let me comb your hair." Luh Lien was as quiet and practical as ever. She didn't say much and when she did it was about a task she was working on.

Pollen Lady Kumi practically doted on her. "Have tea with me. Walk with me. Let me teach you how to play a flute." Wen didn't think she had purely friendly intentions.

At the end of the week, a group of eunuchs arrived at the Sweet Carrot Palace with many gifts. Clothing, jewelry, makeup, honey, sugar, and other lovely things. One of the eunuchs had a scroll to read aloud, and he did so very firmly. "His Majesty's decree has been written! Seafoam Attendant Wen is now promoted to Honey Attendant Wen!"

Wen thanked the eunuch almost as if she was thanking the Emperor. Then she put her fingers to her lips, stopping a giggle, when that eunuch told her, "Mistress Honey, the Emperor has suggested that you dress more closely to your new rank. He doesn't want anyone to be confused when they see you."

It was then that Wen realized most of the women in Sweet Carrot Palace had to show a little bit more respect to her or else risk punishment. A single rank ahead was still ahead. And the inferiors had to bend for their superiors.

***

12