The Ant Woman Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Now, imagine a Pollen Lady had the custody of two princes. Oh, let's not give out names! It would be so vulgar. Imagine this concubine willingly asked the Emperor to give the princes to ... a certain Seed Consort. The older, wiser, and more illustrious Seed Consort could raise the princes better. Not only that, a certain unwell Wood Consort might heal much better with monitored contact with the little babies.

Wouldn't the Emperor be impressed with that Pollen Lady's selflessness? Wouldn't he be touched with how she was willing to give up the prized custody of two princes for the sake of everyone else's happiness? If someone were to suggest such a plan, the Pollen Lady would be grateful to that person.

And once the Seed Consort received custody of the princes, even more attention would come from the Emperor, which would make her even more untouchable and protected from a certain Empress ...

That certain Empress might be angry, no? Perhaps she could be goaded into lashing out in a way that the Emperor noticed?

But Wen and Miseo both agreed that they'd try to keep all children involved safe.

They'd try, at least.

***

The Emperor ...

Well, how could he deny Pollen Lady Hayun's request?

His pride demanded that he keep the children away from Wen, but he couldn't find a reason to do so. After all, wasn't Miseo more than capable of keeping children safe and well behaved? And wasn't Miseo more than capable of being a good example for other consorts to follow? There was no tangible reason to deny Wen the right to little visits with Miseo keeping an eye on things.

Emperor Shungjahe Shunlin ... he still had his conflicting feelings.

On the early morning after sleeping beside Pollen Lady Hayun, he stood to be dressed. The concubine put his arms through a robe's sleeves and wrapped the old fashioned, long and triangular placket flap around his waist. Careful not to get her fingernail guards caught in anything, she put a discreet pin and a smooth cord there to keep the spiraling image in place. Then she put the thick, ornamental sash on him, tying a flat knot in the back and hiding more pins and cords to hold it in place.

She was a pleasant little woman. The Emperor was glad to have spent the night at her palace.

As Hayun slipped a thick ring of carved, pale green jade on his thumb, she said, "Your Majesty, this concubine has a disconcerting thought."

Shrugging, looking away at a painting of a raven playing with a wolf, the Emperor said, "I can't have you feeling disconcerted. Tell me what's troubled you so that I may help you."

He felt Hayun slip a smaller ring on one of his middle fingers. "I haven't been near Wood Consort Wen for some time, but when last I saw her, she seemed very normal, even gentle."

Tightly, his fingers curved.

Her light gasp was barely there.

But she clung to her course. "This concubine would never question the Emperor, yet it must be said that Wood Consort Wen is dutiful and admirable."

His voice shot out like an inconsiderate horn's note. "I'll hear no more of that!"

***

12