The Awards Show Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"First of all, take it from me that you can't let work be your whole life. You have to put time into your relationships and hobbies outside of work. So, for you that means Jane. You have to find a way to give her time that is just hers. Link, for instance, has a date night with Christy. Even when things are chaotic and we're working late every night on something, he sets aside a night where it's just them and no work talk at all. Jesse and I tried it when I was married and it worked...well...you know what I'm saying."

"A date night, huh? It's hard for me to even imagine walking away from work for a night to do that."

"I know, but she'll appreciate it. Trust me; you need time devoted to her. It's the only way you're going to make things work and you have to do it now before things get really hectic."

"Thanks Rhett."

"Anytime, although, I probably shouldn't be helping you with Jane considering everything." Jet heard the wistfulness in his voice.

"Listen, she's good and we're good. I know I haven't messaged much, but I want you to know I'm happy Rhett. Jane and I are really making a go of things and I haven't been happy like this in a long time. It may not be what you want, but I think it's what I need right now." Jet felt a twinge as she said it. She really believed this is what she needed, but she felt like she would always wonder what being with Rhett would be like.

"I know and that's why I'm going to be here for you, but you have to talk to me Jet. I miss you like crazy. I haven't wanted to text with what happened last time, but man I miss seeing your messages. And trust me that I get it. I understand that I'm the one that blew an opportunity with being too busy at work to make time for you. If I can stop you from making the same mistake, well it would make me happy to see you happy."

"Things happen for a reason Rhett; maybe it never would have worked out for us. I don't know. What I do know is that my life feels like it's coming together, except I'm missing my friend."

"Who? Tell me and I'll kick their ass." He sounded almost serious and then Jet remembered how many times he had bullshitted her.

"It's this big idiot guy with great hair. I haven't been sending him hellos and he hasn't been sending them to me either." She mocked him a little in her voice and then laughed.

"Man that sounds nice. Now, go get on your plane and stop being a stranger. Let me know how things go with Jane." He sighed and they said their goodbyes.

Jet felt like a weight was lifted, and more importantly, she had a plan. When she got home, she called Jane and suggested that they go out. Jane was skeptical at first, but ultimately agreed.

12