The Bachelorette's Secret Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Everything Steve said was true. Some of those things she had shared with him and others were things she'd shared during the process of being selected for the show. He'd obviously familiarized himself with her dossier, which was both flattering and creepy.

"Look, Steve. It's not that we couldn't be something. It's clear we have chemistry, both inside and outside of the bedroom. You're a wonderful father and you work so hard for your family and to achieve your dreams. You have all the qualities I'm looking for in a husband."

His hand crept up her thigh. "Then what's the problem?"

"I've made the mistake of thinking 'I love you' would lead to something more. To marriage, to a family. I refuse to make that mistake again."

He slipped his hand under her skirt, caressing her inner thigh. "What we have could lead to all of that. I just want time to learn everything I can about you, your ambitions and fears, your favorite movies...your deepest fantasies."

He pushed aside her panties, rubbing her swollen, budding pearl. Mikki panted as the sensation built between her thighs. He moved his other hand underneath her shirt, massaging her breast through her lace bra.

"I love you," he whispered, tweaking her nipple.

Mikki bit her lip to keep herself from crying out.

"Please don't give up on us," he said, his lips caressing the most sensitive crook of her neck.

Mikki rubbed his growing erection through his jeans. "I love you too."

"Then don't give up on us," he moaned softly as she squeezed his cock.

"Oh," she whispered. "I'm close."

"You don't know how badly I want to be inside of you right now."

She was on the verge of coming, when the car came to a stop. They both removed their hands, Mikki adjusting her clothing.

"Shit," Steve whispered.

"We're here," the driver said, exiting the car, probably aware of what they'd been up to in the backseat. The shame she felt at what had transpired between the two of them; the fear of what might have happened if they'd been caught, sobered her almost immediately.

"I get it, Steve. You love having sex with me. You may even actually love me. But you're not ready to commit."

"What I just said, and did, was very much a commitment."

"You're right. A commitment to be my lover."

"And very likely more."

Her feelings for Steve made it so much harder to say goodbye, but she needed to do what was best for her future. "If the circumstances were different, I might consider forgoing my own desires for yours. For giving you the time that you need, while my time to start a family shortens. You would be worth it." The decision came to her as clearly as a cloudless night. "But there are other men I care about, who are ready and willing to give me exactly what you can't. If you really do love me, like you say, you'll let me go."

Mikki kissed him one last time before opening the car door and walking away from the only man she might ever truly love.

#

Mikki burped, groaning at the acidic bite of alcohol that came with it. "I never want another shot of tequila in my life."

She leaned into Ronnie, her head on his shoulder. His arm wrapped tightly around her, they watched the sunset from a bench on the porch of his childhood home. He pulled the quilt tighter around their shoulders.

Mikki could hear the laughter in his voice. "I told you my mom could drink, but you didn't believe me."

"I just wanted her to like me." She took a gulp of the chill evening air, the spinning in her head beginning to subside.

"I'll ask her when she wakes up."

Mikki chuckled. "Don't be such a dick, Steve."

"What'd you call me?"

Drinking led to serious tongue slips. "Sorry, Ronnie."

"It's okay, darlin'."

"Visiting your family, getting to know your mom and siblings, I was really honored to be a part of that today."

"My niece is gonna roast me if you're not with me the next time I visit."

"Well, there's a good chance I will be."

He lifted her chin. "Don't get my hopes up."

"You have nothing to worry about."

"In that case, I may as well go all in." He planted a smoldering kiss on her lips. "I love you, Mikki. And I can't wait to marry you."

#

"What're you gonna do?" Steve asked Mikki, the cameras rolling. She looked dazzling as usual, in a shimmering black sequin dress, smoky eyeliner and red lipstick. It only made him ache for her more.

"I honestly don't know," Mikki said, her eye contact fleeting. She had yet to look him straight in the eye. "Kevin and I have so much in common and have a lot of fun together. Abraham makes me laugh and comes from a similar military family background. And then Ronnie..." She looked just slightly over his right shoulder, avoiding eye contact completely. "He's offering me the world. He told me he loves me and I believe him 100%." The three men awaited Mikki over in the next room.

I should do it. Confess my love to the world and show her just how much I can't live without her.

But Steve loved Mikki way too much to risk her career and reputation for his own selfish interest. It would also be unfair if he were unwilling to propose to her on the spot.

"Good luck tonight and may you-"

A commotion offscreen drew their attention.

"Peter!" Steve heard Sarah yell into his earpiece.

A gunshot rang out. Crew members screamed and scattered, scrambling for the nearest exit. Steve sprang for Mikki, bringing them both to ground, obscured in the tight space between the coffee table and couch.

"Steve!" Mikki yelled.

"Shhh, quiet." Steve whispered, just as the production room door opened. From their spot on the floor, they lacked a clear view of who had just entered the room. He kept his arms tightly wound around Mikki, lying on top of her. The hotel sitting room wasn't large enough for them to stay hidden much longer.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are," Peter drawled in a sing-song voice. "I know you're in here."

What the hell is Peter doing here? Is he the one with the gun?

Footsteps came to a stop at the back of the couch.

"I see you," Peter sang, laughing. "Now get up, so I can get a good look at ya." Even from a few feet away, Steve could smell the liquor on him.

Mikki trembled in his arms. "It's okay," Steve whispered in her ear. "I got you."

He recalled Mikki mentioning being held hostage by a disgruntled client at her workplace and how she suffered from panic attacks. She seemed to be on the verge of one right now.

"You're with me," Steve said, squeezing her gently.

"Steve, I can't...I can't do this," Mikki panted.

"I promise I won't leave you." He grabbed her hand and lifted her up to stand with him. "We're in this together."

"Seems to be what got ya'll in trouble in the first place," Peter said, pointing his pistol at Steve's chest.

"What is this Peter? What do you want?" Steve asked. He noticed the room was empty. They were the only ones who hadn't managed to escape. He should've gotten Mikki out of there.

"What I want, is to understand why my Nubian Queen here, chose you over me."

12