The Dark Trilogy Ch. 02

Story Info
What husband wishes he could have done.
3.6k words
4.49
138.5k
54
0

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/28/2022
Created 07/24/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: This story will stand alone, but to understand the driving force behind it you should read the author's note in "The Dark Trilogy (1)."

*

It was the cliché‚ of all clichés. The husband coming home much earlier than expected and finding his wife in bed with another man and not just any 'other man', but his best friend. It wasn't supposed to happen to me. How could it? Dorothy and I loved each other. Or so I had thought.

The day had started on a positive note. The project that I had been working on for almost six months had come to a successful conclusion. The client had signed on the dotted line and suddenly I was the star. I had single handedly increased the company's revenue by two hundred percent and the morning had been filled with people stopping by my office to congratulate me. I had cleaned up the paper work and at ten-thirty I had placed the finished package on my bosses desk. After promises of promotion and a large bonus he had given me the rest of the week off.

"Go home and chase Dolores around the house" was how he had put it. I had to smile at that; I liked chasing Dolores around the house. I especially liked what happened when she caught me. As I drove home with my head full of images of my sexy wife I contemplated on how full and rich my life was. A beautiful and sexy wife who loved me as much as I loved her, three lovely daughters that I adored and a job that I really liked getting up in the morning and going to. Life was just so damned good.

Dan's station wagon was parked in my drive when I got home. Dan had been my best buddy since the sixth grade. He had been the best man at my wedding and I had been his when he married Mellisa. Mellisa and Dolores had become good friends and were always going shopping and to Avon type parties together and at least once a month the two of them would get together for a 'girls night out'. Mellisa and Dolores must have had something planned that day and I saw my plan to chase Dolores around the house fade away.

But it wasn't Mellisa who had something planned with Dolores as I found as soon as I walked in the front door. Before I could shout out, "Honey, I'm home" I heard Dolores cry out, "Oh God yes Dan, like that, just like that. Deep lover, push it in deep."

Dan's "God, but I do so love your pussy" froze me in place and Dolores destroyed me when she said, "It's yours lover, it has always been yours."

I have always been, at least in my own mind, a calm and rational person. For me, storming upstairs and barging in on the two of them was not an option. I had been betrayed by the woman I loved and who I thought had loved me and my best friend had also betrayed me. A shouting match and a couple of punches would not be enough to satisfy me. I turned and left the house with, "It's yours lover, it has always been yours" ringing inside my head. I had no idea what form my revenge would take, but when I took it they would never see it coming.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Once away from the house I pulled the car over and parked at the curb and sat there and thought about how I could best get back at the two of them and I finally decided that I needed more information. Three that afternoon found me sitting in the office of Sam Heinz who was a private investigator. I told him my story, signed a form giving him permission to enter my house in the course of his investigation, paid him a retainer and then left his office.

Next I went to a jewelry store where I purchased a diamond pendant that I hoped Dolores would never see. It was important to me that Dolores not know that I knew about her and Dan or that she even suspect that I might be suspicious. The diamond would be in my pocket on the off chance that my boss might have called the house with a question on the deal I had just closed. If he had and Dolores asked where I had been I would haul out the stone and tell her I'd spent several hours visiting jewelry stores looking for just the right pendant for her. A suspicious husband wouldn't be giving her a three-carat diamond as a gift, right? After getting the saleswoman's assurance that I could return the pendant if my wife didn't like it I paid for it and headed home.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Going home to Dolores and acting as if everything was fine was one of the hardest things that I had ever done. Acting normal was a chore; I had a hard time putting strength into my hugs and steam into my kisses, but curiously, I had no problem getting erections. I found it somewhat strangely exciting to know I was fucking a whore. That was another curious thing. Our sex life had always been good and there had been no slackening in it that would indicate that she was getting sex elsewhere. I found myself wondering just how long I had been the recipient of sloppy seconds from Dolores. Sloppy seconds was just a figure of speech of course since Dolores obviously cleaned herself out after her trysts with Dan, but I did wonder how many times I had followed him into my wife. The answer to that question was shocking when I got it.

+++++++++++++++++++++

It was three weeks after discovering that my wife was a faithless whore that I got the report from the private detective.

"It would appear that the affair has been fairly long standing. From available information it has been going on for at least eight years. I must warn you ahead of time that the content of the audio and videotapes will shake you to your core. My advice to you is that you destroy the tapes without looking at then or listening to them. Take my written report to your lawyer. It should be enough to get you favorable terms in a divorce action. I can't stop you from viewing the tapes since you did pay for them, but I heartily suggest that you don't."

Human nature being what it is there was no way I was not going to look at those tapes after hearing the detective strongly suggest that I take a pass. In retrospect it would have been much, much better all around if I had taken his advice.

There were taped phone conversations full of I love you's, I miss you's and I wish you were here with me now's and the arranging of the next meeting. The videotapes were, at least for the most part, nothing more than shoddy porn tapes. Dolores and Dan kissed, made out and sucked and fucked. They did it all including one or two things that Dolores never did with me like anal and oral sex.

No, that isn't totally true. Dolores did suck a mean cock and she never refused to go down on me, but she never let me cum in her mouth. She would get me to the point of ejaculation and then she would finish me by hand. Not so with Dan, she swallowed every drop and then licked his cock clean. That upset me more than the anal part. Dolores and I had tried anal when we were first married and after about six months Dolores finally told me that she didn't like it.

"It hurts me too much baby. I'll do it if you really, really want to, but I would prefer not to."

Regular sex with Dolores was fantastic so it was no big deal to give up anal sex. Now here she was taking it up the Hershey Highway with enthusiasm. Several times she even asked for it.

I had watched about twelve hours of video before I got to the one that Heinz knew I wouldn't be able to handle. It was the tape that had the first night of my last business trip on it. It started out like most of the others with Dolores sucking Dan's cock to get him hard enough to fuck her and then climbing on him and riding him until Dan came. Next they went sixty-nine until Dan was up again and then they fucked in the missionary position. Another blow job and they did doggie style for a while and after about five minutes of taking it from behind she asked Dan to fuck her in her ass. He slid his cock in her and she moaned out, "Yes, oh god damned yes baby. So good, so damned good."

It took him several more minutes to cum and then they were lying on the bed breathing hard and Dolores asked Dan if he was staying the night since I was out of town and he said that he was planning on it.

"How do you cover it with Mellisa?"

"I just start an argument with her and sooner or later she will say something that I pretend pisses me off and then I stomp out of the house. The next day when I go home I tell her I went to my office and slept on the couch I have there."

"She never checks up on you?"

"Of course she does, but I tell her that I don't answer the phone after business hours and besides, if I wanted to talk to her I would have stayed home instead of storming out. It is all part of the plan for when it is time for the divorce."

"How does that work toward a divorce?"

"When we are ready I'll just start another argument, tell her I'm tired of all the bullshit and that I'm leaving her. It won't be a problem. No kids so there won't be any child support. She makes more at her job than I do at mine so there won't be any alimony. I'll let her have the house since I'll be living here with you. Have you decided yet when you want to do it?"

"I wanted to wait a bit, let the girls get a little older."

"You realize the longer we wait the harder it will be on them when we tell them that I'm their real father."

"I have been thinking on that. Maybe we shouldn't tell them. Maybe we should wait a while and then file papers so you can legally adopt them."

"Damn it Dolores, they are my kids and I want to acknowledge them as such."

"If we tell them that you are their real father it will get back to Robert and then we will end up in a big fight over child support."

"Why?"

"You can't honestly believe that he will want to pay to support them if he knows that they aren't his."

"If he brings it up you just tell him that it was something we told the kids to make it easier on them when we move in together."

"What if he demands a DNA test? It will show that they are yours and given Veronica's age that will tell him how long we have been stabbing him in the back and he will probably get a lawyer and create more problems than we need. Just let it be Dan. You will be here with them doing the job of dad and in time they will come to see you as their father."

"I still don't like it."

"It will be all right baby. Oh look" she said as she reached for his erection, "He wants me again."

+++++++++++++++++++++

I sat there stunned into immobility as what I'd just heard registered. My three girls were really Dan's? Knowing that told me how long that Dolores and Dan had been hanging horns on me. Veronica was three weeks short of her tenth birthday and allowing nine months for the pregnancy that meant the two of them had been cuckolding me for at eleven years of my twelve year marriage.

How in the name of God could they have been doing that? How could they have been doing that and me not notice something? Had my love for the unfaithful whore been so great that I was blinded to what she had been doing? Well, I wasn't blind anymore and it was a damned good thing the neither of them were close enough for me to get my hands on them or I would have surely been on my way to jail for murder. The murderous rage would be gone by the time I saw Dolores and I would have myself under control. I was a patient man and in time I would have my revenge on both Dan and Dolores and it would be harsh.

+++++++++++++++++++++

I did none of the things that you read about. I cancelled no credit cards, closed out no accounts and hid no assets. I did absolutely nothing that would tell Dolores that things were not right between us, but I did begin to think on what form my revenge would take. I knew one thing for certain - it would be a cold fucking day in Hell before Dan ever lived in my house!

The first thing I did was make copies of all that I had gotten from the detective and then I rented a safe deposit box to store them in. After several days of thinking about it I finally decided on what I was going to do. The first step was to push Dolores into making a move. Knowing that she always went through the pockets of everything that went into the washing machine I put the receipt for the diamond pendant in the pocket of one of my shirts and dropped it in the laundry basket. Dolores did the laundry on Saturday, but I didn't expect her to say anything right away. She would find the receipt and think it was a gift for her and she would wait for me to give it to her.

The next step was to start staying out late on nights that I normally wouldn't. I stopped at a drug store and bought some perfume and lipstick different from what Dolores used and put just a trace of each on the collar of my suit coat. The object was to make Dolores think I was out fooling around on her and have her confront me. I wanted her to confront me and then I would bring out her affair. She would know that I knew and had done nothing about it and that would give her a false sense of security and that is what I wanted to happen. She had to think that she had nothing to fear from me.

It took five weeks, but confront me she did. I came home late one night and found her waiting up for me.

"Hi sweetie, I thought you would be in bed."

"I waited up for you Robert because we need to talk."

"Can't it wait until the morning? I'm pretty beat and I need to get to bed."

"No, it can't wait. There are some things that I want explained. Your late nights, strange perfume on your clothes, a lipstick color that I don't use on your shirt collar and this" and she pushed the receipt for the pendant across the table to me.

I picked it up and looked at it and said, "Where did you get this?"

"I found it in a shirt pocket while I was doing the laundry."

I put the receipt in my pocket, "That was careless of me."

"Careless? That's all you have to say, that you were careless?"

"What do you expect me to say?"

"Damn it Robert, I want to know what is going on. Are you seeing another woman?"

"As a matter of fact I am."

"You miserable rotten bastard! How could you do that to me?"

"Whoa up there lady. Let's not be hypocritical here. You have been fucking some one else for a couple of years now and the bottom line is that if you can cheat so can I."

"Are you accusing me of cheating?"

"No Dolores, just stating a fact. I came home early one day and I was not even all the way in the door before I heard the two of you going at it. You're lucky I was in a good mood that day. If I had been in a bad mood I would have climbed the stairs and killed you both. But I was in a good mood so I just decided that if our marriage didn't mean anything to you, why should it mean anything to me and so I just turned and left. Shortly after that I got myself a girlfriend. I figured that I could get my quality time from her and just let you keep on whoring since going that route was cheaper than divorcing your sorry ass."

I got up to leave and started to leave the room. "Wait just a minute Robert, we might as well get this over with right now."

I turned and looked at her and she said, "The truth is Robert that I like you a lot, but I don't love you. I did once and I don't know what happened, but I don't love you now. I have been in love with Dan for several years now and he has been after me to leave you and marry him.

"Dan? My best friend Dan?"

"Yes. I have been putting this off waiting for a better time or an easier way to do it, but I now realize that there is no easier way and there is no such thing as a better time. I'm going to divorce you. I haven't seen an attorney yet, but when I do I intend to ask for the house, and custody of the girls with appropriate child support. Since I don't work and don't have any of the skills that would get me a job paying me enough to support me I'll also be asking for alimony. I want two-thirds of your savings - one third for me and one third for the girl's college fund and I want half of what you have in certificates of deposit. I'll also want a share of your pension and 401k when you retire."

"That's it? That's all you want?'

"I'm sure that the lawyer may have some ideas."

"I'll just bet he will. Have you told your parents yet?"

"No, why?"

"There anniversary party is this Friday, remember? I think you need to keep this to yourself until after the party."

"Yes, I suppose you are right."

"Now that everything is out in the open you will need to move your things into the spare bedroom. As long as I'm still paying the bills I'm claiming the master bedroom" and I turned and walked away from her.

+++++++++++++++++++++

For the next two days Dolores and I stayed out of each other's way. On Friday, just before I left for work, I told her I would be home early and to be ready to go to her parents party by six. At one that afternoon I met Mellisa for lunch and I told her what I had discovered and how long it had been going on. I gave he a copy of everything I had gotten from the private detective and then I asked her to sit on it until the next day.

"I'm going after Dolores tonight and I don't want that sleaze bag of a husband of yours letting her know it is coming. After you break the news to him tell him to start running because I will be coming after him next."

At six, after giving the babysitter the information she needed to get in touch with us if need be, Dolores and I got in the car to leave for the party and I saw her looking at me funny.

"What?"

"Nothing really, I just never saw you put on your seat belt before. I thought you didn't believe in them."

"I don't, but Tom Baxter got pulled over for having a broken tail light and when they saw he didn't have his seat belt on they wrote him a ticket for that too. The light ticket cost him $25, but the seat belt ticket cost him $125 and the insurance company raised his rates when they ran a Motor Vehicle Records check and saw the ticket. I don't believe in them, but I can't afford those kinds of costs."

"Well I certainly hope that you don't expect me to wear one. It would wrinkle this dress."

"God knows we wouldn't want that to happen."

Dolores gave me a nasty look as I pulled out of the driveway and then we rode in silence until I pulled out onto the Interstate and accelerated to the seventy-five mile an hour speed limit. Five minutes passed in silence and then Dolores said, "The other night I told you what I wanted and I was surprised that you accepted it so calmly. You didn't tell me what you wanted."

"I have what I want Dolores."

"Oh? What is that?"

"I have my seat belt on and I have the air bag," I said as I turned the wheel and sent the car toward the concrete bridge abutment at seventy-five miles an hour. In the instant before we hit I saw the look on her face as she glanced at the dash and saw the indicator light that said "Passenger air bag off."