The First Time

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm afraid so. Gotta get back."

"This wouldn't be because of Dr. Morgan, would it? The two of you spent a lot of time together. And he never once asked when his cabin would be ready."

Blair shrugged. "I didn't come here looking to connect with someone. But I didn't walk away, either. He wasn't looking either, but I guess he decided to walk away."

* * * * *

The flight home was subdued. Blair realized she hadn't even opened her iPad to check the news, yet it was just as well. She had no interest in the news right now anyway. Except that on her drive home from the airport, she passed the Global News Service building and decided to stop at her office. If she went home, she would just sit around and sulk. Maybe the news was what she needed right now.

Her boss was surprised to see her and even tried to send her home to finish her vacation. But the brooding look on Blair's face had him backing off. She was somewhat saved when an administrative assistant popped in to tell her she had a phone call.

"It's Dr. Morgan," the assistant said excitedly.

Blair frowned. Why was he calling her here? She grimaced.

"This could be an exclusive," her boss prophesied.

"What?" Blair frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"Haven't you seen the news? Katy Taylor attempted suicide earthly this morning. Her psychiatrist, a Dr. Morgan, saved her. If it's the same Dr. Morgan."

"Katy Taylor, the singer?"

"You know another Katy Taylor?" her boss shot back. "I don't know why he's calling you, but you better take it."

Hurrying to her own cubicle, her boss and the assistant in tow, Blair scooped up the phone. "Hello?" she said calmly.

"Sorry I had to leave without telling you," Matt said by way of apology.

"Katy Taylor is your patient?" she asked without greeting.

Heavy sigh. "Yes. And she's a handful. Remember when I said I go to the resort to decompress?"

"Yes."

"Well, she's one of the ones I need to decompress from."

"They surmised who you are here at GNS and they're expecting me to get an exclusive. Can you tell me anything?"

"We both fell asleep on the sofa," he explained. "My cell phone woke me up. Her manager was frantic. He sent her private jet to pick me up. En route, I finally got Katy to talk to me on the phone and I managed to calm her down. Her manager and assistant watched over her until I got there. She's in the hospital now. That's all I can give you because of privacy restrictions."

"I understand. So, what happens now?"

"I'll treat her as an inpatient."

"So, you had to leave unexpectedly," Blair reiterated hesitantly.

"Yes. Again, I'm sorry."

"So, were we onto something... or just helping each other relax?"

"Well, if you're interested, I'd like to see where things could go with us."

"I'd like that, too," Blair eagerly responded. "But you know, we didn't really talk much about ourselves. I don't even know where you live."

"Well, as it turns out..."

His voice suddenly changed, became clearer. It was almost as though... she looked up. Matt Morgan was standing in her doorway.

"... We live in the same city."

Blair hung up. "So, what about the fact that neither of us was not looking for anything..."

"In my experience, the things you're not looking for are the best things you find. And you're the best I've found."

"Well, this is a first!"

THE END