The Hell in Your Eyes Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

With a small nod, Sam followed in his wake after he grasped her fingers within his own to lead her out of the sun room. Walking leisurely back up the stairs, they stepped down the hall, and entered Jack's bedroom together.

Pausing near the end of the bed, he turned to her, and reached to lightly grasp her chin with his fingers.

"There's a lot that we still need to talk about. I hate that you're afraid of me. I don't want you to feel that way," he whispered.

Her blue eyes were large in her face as he searched her gaze. "We'll sit down after dinner, and then you can ask me anything you want," he promised. "Clear the air, so to speak. Then maybe we can start over."

When Sam nodded again, his lips tilted in a half smile. Lowering his head, he softly kissed her mouth. "I'll get the shower going. If you want something clean to wear when we get out there's some t-shirts in my dresser. I'll only be a minute," he told her softly. Then he dropped his hand, and stepped away from her before crossing the room to enter the bathroom.

Once he was out of her line of vision, Sam's breath slowly deflated from her rib cage. The words... never a dull moment... swiftly came to mind.

Being with Jack was like being on a roller coaster that didn't have a stopping point. The experience was no less thrilling, but at the same time it could be utterly exhausting. Her emotions felt like they had been tied in knots since the moment they had met.

He loved her. The revelation was staggering. This beautiful, impetuous, crazy man loved her, and he wanted her to spend her life with him. Here, in this house. Did she even have a choice in the matter?

She had went along with every single thing that he had asked of her. How would this be any different? It was like she had no will of her own anymore. Jack's will had become hers. Was that what it felt like to be in love?

She had never felt more confused in her life. With a shake of her head she attempted to brush away the heavy thoughts as she stepped towards the dresser.

Now was not the time to dwell on any of this. She would have plenty of time to think everything over once she was home in the solitude of her own room. Once she was there, she might have time to try to figure all of this out.

There was just too much to think about, and she couldn't think straight when she was in such close proximity to Jack. He seemed to have that effect on her. He completely stole her reason whenever he was near.

Taking a deep breath, Sam sighed. Opening the top drawer of the dresser, she peered down inside of it, and frowned when she saw that it didn't contain the shirts that she was looking for.

It seemed to be an underwear drawer of sorts. Along with several pairs of briefs, there were belts, watches, a few pairs of balled up socks, and even a pair of cufflinks that sat in a clear case in the corner of the drawer.

Sam wasn't particularly interested in any of it. What caught her attention was the torn envelope that sat off to the side. Lifting it from the drawer, she peered down at the label, and her blue eyes widened. Her heart momentarily stilled, then began thumping erratically.

No. It couldn't be. She closed her eyes in an attempt to dispel the image before her, but the words were still present when she opened them back up again. It was written clear as day. There was no mistaking it.

"I was thinking we could try this Italian place that's down the street that just opened up. I heard that they make really good bread sticks."

She couldn't move. She couldn't look at him. If she looked at him she was going to dissolve into a thousand pieces.

"Sam?" His palms were pressed to the doorjamb above his head where he stood in the bathroom doorway. When she didn't immediately respond, his head tilted in bewilderment. "What are you doing?"

Still holding the envelope in her hand, she turned to face him. Her face was stricken. His brows knitted in confusion, and then his gaze dropped to her fingers.

His dark eyes widened with the realization of what it was that she had found. For a moment he stilled, and then his expression filled with naked fear. Propelling himself through the doorway, he swiftly approached her. "Let me explain," he pleaded.

When Sam lurched backward to avoid his outstretched hand, Jack halted in his tracks. "I know who you are!" she gasped.

His eyes grew wary, and guilt ridden as he met her horrified gaze. Glancing away, he briskly dragged his fingers through his hair in agitation before turning back to her. "You don't understand," he hastily entreated. "Just give me a chance to explain!"

"How could you do this?" she whispered in amazement. "He was your friend."

He took another step forward, and she instantly took another step back. His jaw hardened in response. "He still is. This has nothing to do with him!" he snapped.

Sam's blue eyes widened incredulously. "This has everything to do with him! You knew. You knew the whole time. How long have you been planning this?"

"It wasn't like that," he insisted vehemently.

Sam's mouth pinched. "What was it like?"

Jack's lips parted, but nothing came out.

"What was it like, Jack?" she furiously demanded.

"This is ridiculous!" he shouted. "My association with him has absolutely nothing to do with us!"

Sam's teeth clamped together as her blue eyes filled with rage. "Take me home," she growled. "Now."