The House Ch. 06

Story Info
Aaron takes charge.
5.4k words
4.79
19.2k
24

Part 6 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/02/2022
Created 10/08/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers

Dwight helped Minerva into the house and into the bedroom before getting her things from the car. He glanced at the answering machine and saw it blinking furiously. He knew who it was even before he looked at the caller ID. Beth.

The guys from the rescue team had wasted no time in telling their wives about Minerva who in turn wasted no time in calling Beth. He gave very brief thought to calling her back and decided against it, talking to Beth when he was tired, dirty and hungry was never a good idea as it would escalate into a screaming match. Dwight pushed the volume button until there would be no sound if the phone rang and he was certain that it would ring several times before the night was over. By morning there would be several messages from Beth asking and then demanding that he call her back.

Dwight carried Minerva's bag into the bedroom and found her sound asleep but restless. His first thought was that she was dreaming about what happened, but then, he wasn't so sure but he didn't know why. Dwight was tempted to wake her up but decided not to. He covered her up and went to take a shower, as he stripped out of his dirty, sweaty clothes and found himself glad that he had stayed in shape otherwise he couldn't have gotten help for her as quickly as he did. He was equally as glad that they were out of the woods, it wasn't a safe place for either of them, again he didn't know why he thought that.

Minerva was still asleep when Dwight came out of the shower; he dimmed the lights and put on a pair of sweat pants and a tee shirt before going to the kitchen to make sandwiches for them. He glanced at the answering machine and then at the caller ID. Beth had called three more times while he was in the shower, he could only imagine her tone. With a sigh, he called her back.

"Dwight? Why didn't you answer the phone?" Beth asked clearly irate.

"I was in the shower." Dwight replied as he put ice in two glasses.

"All this time?" Beth asked her tone making it clear that she didn't believe him.

"Look Beth." Dwight said irritably, "I don't owe you any explanations. I called you back so that you would stop calling. Good night." he said and hung up.

He shouldn't have called her and he should have known better. A moment later, the answering machine kicked on.

He forgot about Beth when he heard Minerva moan and then call out.

******

Minerva tried to wake up but couldn't. She tried to shut the voices out without success, there was one voice in particular that she found it particularly hard to ignore, it was the voice of a woman.

"Don't forget us." The voice said in a soft voice. After that voice spoke, there were several more all calling her name and telling her to come back to them.

The voices felt wrong to her, Minerva knew that they meant to harm her and that she shouldn't go back to the woods, but she wanted to, no, she needed to. She belonged in the woods.

*****

Dwight ran to the bedroom and called Minerva's name several times before getting into bed with her, his hunger forgotten. He hugged her tight and whispered into her ear, "Wake up!" He did this several times until Minerva slowly opened her eyes and looked at him.

"What's the matter?" she asked sleepily.

"You were dreaming." Dwight said relieved that she was awake but worried about the dream for reasons that he couldn't explain. He knew that she had to be exhausted and the morphine still had her a little groggy but something....

"Are you alright?" Minerva asked as she stretched her legs.

"I'm fine; I made us some sandwiches if you're hungry." Dwight said temporarily forgetting about his concern about the dream.

"That sounds good but I really need a shower, I must smell horrible and here I am in your nice clean bed." Minerva said as she crinkled her nose at her body odor.

"You don't smell bad, you smell like the outdoors." Dwight said kissing her cheek.

"Whatever you say but I say that I stink." Minerva replied. "So how do we do this?"

Dwight thought for a few minutes. They could take the ace wrap off of her ankle and he had an old folding chair that would work as a shower chair, the hand with the cast was going to be the problem.

"Be right back." He said as he got out of bed.

He came back a few minutes later with the folding chair, a plastic shopping bag and duct tape.

When Minerva saw the items, her eyes widened.

"Just what do you think you're going to do with those?" Minerva asked in mock seriousness.

"Oh, I don't know... I thought maybe I'd tape you the chair and have my way with you." Dwight teased.

"I see." Minerva said, "And where does the plastic bag come in?"

Dwight grinned at her, "actually, as interesting as taping you to the chair sounds, the bag is to cover your hand so that the cast doesn't get wet and the tape... well you get the idea. The chair is for you to sit in while you shower."

Minerva sat up excited by the possibility of a hot shower.

"You did bring me a nightgown didn't you?" she asked.

"Oh yeah, the red one with the crotchless panties and the black one...."

"I get it." Minerva said laughing. "Now help me up so that I can get clean."

*****

Aaron tried hard not to think about what might be happening at Dwight's house. He told himself that the main thing was that Minerva was safe at least for the time being and he couldn't let thoughts of her distract him from what needed to be done. His hope was that Minerva would be gone for several days so that he could deal with the beings that threatened her safety.

Aaron left the house and headed toward the woods. The confederate soldier was at his post and saluted when Aaron passed by. It occurred to Aaron that he didn't know the soldier's name so he turned back to ask him.

"Henry Sir." the soldier replied.

"How old were you when you died Henry?" Aaron asked.

"Nineteen, almost twenty." Henry replied.

"So young" Aaron thought as he took in Henry's appearance.

"How did you die?" Aaron asked.

"Dysentery." Henry said clearly embarrassed.

"Don't be embarrassed." Aaron said. "Dead is dead no matter how it happens."

Henry gave Aaron a grateful look and then a salute. Aaron returned the salute and continued on his way. Starting now he would learn to know the inhabitants of his woods, it was necessary if he was going to keep Minerva safe until she passed on.

He hadn't gone very far when he was stopped by Sadie.

"Hello Mr. Aaron." she said politely as she began to walk beside him.

"Hello Sadie." Aaron replied slowing his stride so that she could keep up.

"Is your woman alright?" she asked.

"Yes she is safe." Aaron replied.

"Good." Sadie replied and then hesitated. "Mr. Aaron it ain't that I don't want to help you but I can't, at least not in the way that you want me to. I could get into trouble for it."

Aaron didn't respond for several minutes.

"Sadie, tell me about this Millicent. Who is she and where does she come from?"

Sadie was relieved that Aaron didn't seem to be angry anymore. She hoped that he would see the connection between his emotions and what he could and couldn't do.

"Millicent is a witch who used to be like me, a good witch that is. No one really knows when Millie started to go bad or why but it was a real slow change if you knows what I mean." Sadie said. She come from a rich family who moved to Tennessee from Louisiana before the war started and from whats I understands they didn't know what she was at first but when they found out they sent her away to some school. Whenever she was home, she would talk to me about what was happening to her and her and me got to be good friends and that be why I don't gets why I didn't see her changing." Sadie said sadly.

"What does she want with my woman?" Aaron asked and then wondered why he kept referring to Minerva in that way. He could use her name now, every ghost and being in the woods knew her name now.

"Millie? Nothin. She just likes to cause trouble, the others are another story." Sadie said.

Aaron stopped walking.

"Sadie, if you know what they're planning or what it is that they want with Minerva, now would be a good time to tell me." Aaron said patiently.

"I...I can't." Sadie said softly.

Aaron tamped down his natural impatience and tried again.

"Is it that you can't or that you won't?" he asked as he resumed walking.

"Can't." Sadie said. "I would if I could." she assured him.

"Sadie, Wilcox and Oliver have a witch helping them plan whatever it is that they want to do with Minerva. I have you but you say that you can't help me so why are you here?" Aaron asked.

"What I said was that I can't help you the way that you want me to." Sadie said with a smile.

She noted with satisfaction that Aaron had just taken first step in being able to be with Minerva in the way that he wanted to be. He had referred to her by name and not as just "my woman" she could now give him a little more assistance.

"I can help you as I said before but I just can't tell you what you need to do. But I can tell you when you've made a step in the right direction." Sadie said.

"Damn it Sadie! If it were possible for ghosts to have a headache, I'd have one! Will you please stop with the fucking riddles?" Aaron asked.

Sadie was silent. She was trying to decide how much she could say without actually breaking the rules.

"Alright Mr. Aaron." she said finally. "There is a way that you can be with Minerva but I can't tell you the steps until after you did one. You jus did the first step, you said her name in the woods, in other words, you jus claimed her."

Aaron threw up his hands and stomped off, he abhorred games and to him that's what Sadie was doing, she was playing games.

Sadie let out a sigh and vanished, she hoped that Aaron would figure everything out before it was too late.

Aaron continued his walk stopping every ghost and being that he saw.

"My name is Aaron Richards; I am the lord of these woods and demand to know your intentions toward my woman Minerva."

If the being stated that they had no ill feelings toward Minerva, Aaron made them swear that she would never be harmed by them. If she was harmed, they would be banished to parts unknown and he wouldn't have to be present for it to happen. Everyone he met had already heard of Clara's fate and had no desire to be banished. As he talked with them, Aaron was able to find out the worst fears of whoever it was he was talking to and stored it away for future reference. He was quickly learning that he had an excellent memory and wondered what else he was capable of.

Most of the spirits and beings that he met had no interest in Minerva other than to know that she was Aaron's and off limits to them. Those that he had spoken to previously were spreading word of his arrival and of the questions that he was asking. Another gift he found that he had was the ability to tell whether he was being lied to.

Aaron came across a spirit who had been a nemesis in life. They had never liked each other although neither man knew why. Aaron found Carlton Wagner sitting by a tree as if he was waiting for his arrival.

"So you found yourself a human woman." Carlton said snidely.

"My name is Aaron Richards, I am lord of these woods and I demand to know your intentions toward my woman Minerva." Aaron said for what had to be the hundredth time that day.

"I don't give a fuck who or what you are!" Carlton exclaimed "But as far as your bitch goes, I won't touch her." he added.

"You lie." Aaron said firmly.

Carlton looked Aaron in the face and repeated what he said, "I said that I won't touch your bitch!"

"Maybe not you but you have someone who will do it for you." Aaron said as he decided where he was going to send the smug son of a bitch. "I hear that Vicksburg is quite the place." Aaron said smoothly.

"Vicksburg?" Carlton asked and then realization set in. The first thing was that he should have given a fuck as to whom and what Aaron was. The second thing was that the stories that had been flying around the woods about Aaron were true, he could feel the power as it radiated from him and three, he was going to Vicksburg. He knew no one there and he would become just one of thousands of spirits roaming restlessly for eternity.

Seconds later, Aaron was on his way. Sadie had reappeared beside him not speaking until he spoke first.

"What is it Sadie?" he asked impatiently.

"If you was to ask me a question, I would have to answer." she said slyly looking up at Aaron.

It took Aaron a few minutes to catch on, Sadie couldn't volunteer information but as Lord of his woods, she had to answer him.

"Do you know what they want with Minerva?" he asked.

"Yessir" Sadie replied pleased that she was able to find a way to help without technically breaking the rules.

"Who is in on this plan besides the three that we know about?" Aaron asked.

Sadie went mute.

"Did you not hear the question?" Aaron asked.

"Yessir"

Aaron finally understood, she would only answer yes or no questions.

"Are there more than the three that we know about involved?" he asked.

"Yessir" Sadie replied.

"More than ten?"

"No sir."

"Less than ten?"

"No sir."

"Do they plan to kill her?"

"No sir."

Aaron was confused, then what in the hell did they want with her?

"Do they plan to use her?"

"Y...Yessir" Sadie stammered.

"How? I mean do you know how they're going to use her?"

"Yessir."

"Fuck it! If I demand that you tell me what you know will you?" Aaron asked angrily.

"N...no sir." Sadie replied.

"Are they planning to use her body?"

"Yes and No" Sadie replied and waited for the outburst.

"Damn it!" Aaron swore.

"Do you know where they plan to do this thing?"

"No sir."

"Do you know who the others are?"

"No sir"

"Do you know where Oliver Norton is right now?"

"Yessir."

"Take me to him." Aaron said.

*****

Minerva thought that the shower was the best she'd ever had even though her hand was securely encased in plastic and wrapped with duct tape. The best part was that Dwight washed her hair and massaged her scalp until she was practically purring with contentment.

"You are so hired!" Minerva said as Dwight's hands went from her head to her neck and then her shoulders massaging them gently. "Your ex-wife is such a fool." Minerva murmured as she let her head fall forward.

"Yeah well, I kind of think that I was the fool in that relationship." Dwight said. I stayed way too long but there were the kids to think about." Dwight said as he helped Minerva out of the shower and dried her off.

"Was it that bad?" Minerva asked.

"Bad enough but I don't want to talk about it." Dwight said as he helped Minerva to the bed. "I found some oils at your place and brought those along too."

"You thought of everything didn't you?" Minerva asked as Dwight poured some rose scented oil in his hands and rubbed them together to warm it before rubbing it into her skin. By the time he was finished, Minerva was completely relaxed and hungry.

Dwight rewrapped her ankle and went to get the sandwiches. While she waited, Minerva had the feeling that she was supposed to be somewhere-the woods. She could hear the voices calling to her, telling her not to forget them and to come as soon as she could because they needed her. Minerva felt light headed and lay back on the bed, she covered her ears to quiet the voices and that was how Dwight found her.

"Minerva?" he called setting down the tray.

Minerva didn't seem to hear him so he called her again.

"Minerva?" he called this time shaking her.

When she opened her eyes to look at him for just a moment they seemed dazed and unfocused. Dwight watched as her eyes cleared and she focused on his face.

"No more morphine for me." she quipped.

"You had that hours ago, you still shouldn't be affected by it." Dwight said.

Something was happening to Minerva, he could sense it and it wasn't the morphine. He would bet his life on it just as he would bet that whatever was happening to her was connected with the woods.

Minerva actually felt better after she ate but still not quite right. The urge to go to the woods was still there but diminished for the time being. She wondered why she felt the need to go to the woods and almost said something to Dwight but remembered being cautioned not to. She almost felt as if she was going crazy but not quite, it had to be the morphine she told herself and felt better.

Dwight stripped and climbed into bed next to Minerva and pulled her tight against him. She felt good against him he thought as she snuggled back against him. Once again he thought about where he wanted this to go and what it would mean as far as seeing his kids. Judging by Beth's reaction on the phone, she would try to keep the kids away from him even though he had court ordered visits.

Whatever he was going to do, he would have to do it soon. He was falling in love with Minerva and had the feeling that she might be falling in love with him too. Minerva moaned in her sleep and then cried out "shut up!" and went silent. Dwight pulled her closer and tried to stay awake, for some reason that he didn't understand, he felt that it was important that he guard her.

*****

Aaron followed Sadie to where Oliver sat watching the water as it flowed past him. He was so deep in thought that he never heard Sadie and Aaron approach.

"My name is Aaron Richards and I am lord of these woods. I demand to know your intentions toward my woman Minerva."

Oliver jumped up and backed away while he looked around to see if any other spirits were nearby.

"I know who you are." Oliver said with false bravado.

"What are your intentions regarding Minerva?" Aaron asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Oliver exclaimed.

"I know that you don't plan to kill her so what do you and your friends want with her?" Aaron asked taking a step toward Oliver.

Oliver got ready to vanish but Aaron stopped him with a word.

"Stay."

Oliver panicked when he literally couldn't vanish. Aaron, it appeared was much stronger than any of them had realized. Oliver wasn't the only one that noticed, Sadie and Aaron both noticed that he seemed to be getting stronger by the minute. Aaron was almost to the point where Sadie could give him another clue. Without realizing it he was gaining control over himself but he still wasn't making the connection between his emotions, his wants and his power.

Aaron circled around Oliver several times without speaking making him more nervous each time Aaron passed in front of him. Aaron looked different somehow to Oliver, it was a subtle difference but it was there, he looked more....substantial was the only word that Oliver could come up with.

"What are your intentions toward my woman Minerva?" Aaron asked for the third time.

"I don't know what they're planning, they didn't tell me." Oliver squeaked out.

"I don't believe you" Aaron said as he circled around Oliver again. "You hate me for fucking Clara even though it was well within my rights as her husband and you expect me to believe that you don't know what's happening?" Aaron asked patiently.

It was his patience that frightened Oliver more than Aaron's yelling at him. Oliver tried to vanish again but failed, he knew that he was done and tried to make a deal.

"I'll tell you what I know but you have to banish me to someplace relatively nice." Oliver said.

'You'll tell me whatever I want to know without bartering with me." Aaron said softly. "As lord of these woods, I command you to speak." Aaron said firmly.

Oliver tried to clamp his mouth closed but failed.

"Wilcox wants her to... so he can experiment with her." Oliver said.

"What kind of experiments?" Aaron asked.

"I don't know, he didn't tell me." Oliver insisted his voice quivering with fear.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers
12