The Human Bearer Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That's what we know. Xeus must have transmitted his beliefs to Xana," Frontis said. "At least, that's what I heard. It's not like many wanted to talk about Xeus after he was gone."

"How odd," Riordan murmured. "But it's not like Earthians have been around as bearers since forever. Maybe it's all just... you know, make-believe."

Lakni lay on the bed by his side and wrapped one arm around his belly. The look he gave Riordan was full of meaning. "Is it true that Xana taught you how to communicate with us?"

Why don't you test that?

Riordan only thought those words. Lakni smiled. "So, it is possible. Myth or not, we might be really going home."

The others seemed happy and relieved with that. Riordan didn't want to dash their dreams, but there were just so many question marks for them to think of. All they had were rumors and hearsay. "What do you think happened on Xeno?" he returned to his earlier question.

"We don't know," Blaise said and shook his head. "But your owner had a strong opposition. The more he pushed for the acceptance that we found the race most compatible with ours -- that's yours -- the more they plotted against him... and not only him. His Royal Chancellor offered him full support. Their enemies must have acted earlier than expected."

"And they just killed a bunch of people for it?" Riordan shouted.

"Xenos have killed a lot of people," Lakni said pointedly, "since the beginning of time. They have wiped out species when they didn't surrender. Don't think we'd be so ready to give up on being the rulers of the universe for the sake of a few eggs." He paused for effect. "These aren't my words. I heard them, though. From Xenos high in ranks, fearless of going against His Royal Chancellor Marn Savier. I heard them more than once."

Riordan looked downwards, at how protective Lakni held his belly. He didn't have to ask whose side these Xenos were on. However, what he had just learned from them only complicated things. And now, he had more questions than ever.

Would Kanto answer if he only knew how to ask them?

tbc

@cannd - Lewis might be a big guy, but he's hard at work with all those eggs in him - so he's basically sleeping most of the time, and his Xeno lovers need to leave him alone more often than not. Thanks for not giving spoilers!

12