The Institute Stories Set 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Take the panties off," I ordered. Her eyes turned fearful again as her mind said she was standing still, but her hands followed my instruction.

"You've been playing with Trainees because they're safe," I said. Stephanie shook her head hard; I smiled and shook mine.

"When I'm done, Stephanie," I said. "A part of you is going to stay with me."

I inserted a second link, making it feel like a ruthless invasion coming in through her anus, an invasion of power and pleasure. I lifted her mind with my holds on it; through the ceiling, over the building, up into the sky until there was only emptiness, the warming light of the sun, and my jacks into her. I held her there, letting the sun pleasure her with its warmth, letting her get hotter and hotter until she thought it would be over with the next degree of heat.

I dropped her mind back into its body.

"You've been playing with children getting their first taste of freedom and power, Stephanie," I told her. "I grew up in the Institute; my lessons about power were taught by the Director."

I stared into her eyes for a minute allowing her to catch her breath.

"Goodbye, Stephanie," I said.

"What?"

"You're not going to be same person anymore," I said and dropped her into the Abyss. Stephanie screamed as I closed my links into a loop taking away the sensation of anything except her mind. From her perspective, she floated in a sea of nothing but herself. I pushed her mind into an endless cycle of increasing pleasure, but without the connection to her body it could only grow. I waited fifteen minutes, which to Stephanie felt like several eternities.

"Are you ready, Stephanie?" I asked through my links, the voice of God cutting through the darkness. She was in no state to put together a coherent answer; I dropped her awareness back into her body.

Stephanie collapsed as her body received the totality of what her mind had experienced. Stephanie convulsed and spit up as her mind stretched into insanity to process an eternity of pleasure.

The only Trainee, other than Elijah, who was not puking or lying unconscious walked forward and put her hand on Stephanie. She pulled the hand back immediately and curled into a ball as the backwash of Stephanie's experience took her under.

"The Trainees tried to break your hold on Stephanie," Albert said coming to stand close to me. "What were they thinking?"

"The Director had reasons for choosing me to put his assistant out," I replied.

"We're been losing control of the Trainees?" Albert whispered in shocked tones.

I turned to look a Lianne.

"People are conspiring to break our hold," I said.

"The New Christian Church?!?"

"Among others," I said. "The Trainees needed to have the consequences of becoming an Operative case file illustrated, especially one of mine."

"Ten Trainees," Albert said looking around. "They could have broken anybody's hold, except yours or David's."

He looked at Elijah, who was studying the fallen Trainees, and then his eyes moved to the Trainee who had touched Stephanie.

"At least, our future Operative and the new Healer weren't a part of it," he sighed.

"The Healer has the advantage of being in daily contact with David," I said. I turned and walked towards Elijah.

"You want to be an Operative?" I asked him. He nodded confidently.

"Stephanie is mine," I said. "If by the time you graduate, you can make her hesitate to say my name when I ask who she belongs to, without giving her a command to be yours, I will sponsor and mentor you."

"When is she going to stop having that orgasm?" he said looking at the still twitching Stephanie.

"Soon," I said.

"Operatives," the Director said. "Join me."

Outside the Trainee building, the Director turned his gravchair towards the Institute laboratories. Robert and Sheila walked to the side engrossed in conversation. Lianne tried to make it seem like she was not watching me, while Albert watched her.

We entered a conference room where an Institute technician waited for us.

"Sit down," the Director told us. "This is Jeremy, a population tech; he has some findings I want investigated."

"Operatives," Jeremy said nervously when we took our seats. "What do you know about Geddonists?"

"What is there to know about a suicide cult?" Lianne asked sarcastically.

"Enough, Lianne," the Director said. "Jeremy, frame the issue and your findings. The Operatives have time to hear it all."

"Yes, Sir," the pop-tech replied, feeling more comfortable with instructions to follow. "Geddonists believe Armageddon has arrived or more generally that the human race's time on Earth has come to an end. They're not a suicide cult, so much as a 'lie down and die' cult."

"Lie down and die," Robert snarfed. "Is that the technical term?"

"Robert, this is important," the Director admonished.

"Yes, sir," Robert replied sitting up straighter. The Director did not use the word important often.

"Geddonist can register with the government, and while it is not codified into law, it is Institute policy that Positives avoid them," the pop-tech continued. "For their safety and to make it easier for the Institute to stay clear of them, Geddonists form enclaves: neighborhoods in large metropolitan areas, a specific building in towns, etc. Large enclaves are rare but not unexpected so the county of Summertown being populated mostly by registered Geddonists did not raise an alarm."

"An entire county?" Sheila asked.

"We've had towns with one hundred percent Geddonist registration," the pop-tech said. "The psych-techs believe the behavior is a form of mental disease, a contagious one. The solution has been to isolate the outbreak before it spreads out of control. Summertown was isolated and if worse had come to worse they would have been allowed to die out."

"So what makes Summertown different?" Robert asked.

"There are two unexplained phenomena," the pop-tech said. "First, the presence of a New Christian Cathedral and two priests."

"The Church sends missionaries to Geddonist enclaves," Lianne said. "We've converted many who lost their faith."

"Yes, Operative," the pop-tech replied. "But Geddonism took a seat in Summertown seventeen years ago, and has continued to grow rather than recede. The Church has kept the same two priests in place the entire time, and the Cathedral was built after the county achieved nearly ninety percent Geddonist registration."

He paused to see if Lianne would say anything.

"In every other case where Geddonism has continued to spread like this, the Church has changed the priests that could not stop the disease and increased the number of missionaries," he finished.

"What does New Christian Policy have to do with the Institute?" Albert asked before Lianne could respond.

"Nothing if it were the only strange thing about the county," the pop-tech admitted. "The real problem is Summertown's population statistics."

He projected a population graph on to the wall with a curve none of us had seen outside of a classroom.

"The Positive mutation and our requirement of it to consummate human mating was unquestionably the worst of the Event effects but not the only one. A greater number of miscarriages and a climb in infant mortality made the situation worse," the pop-tech said looking at his graph. "The reaction to Positives was best in this country due to the Director's ceaseless efforts to convince the people in power of the Event's reality, but there are nations that killed off most of their Zero-Gen Positives. Worldwide we haven't come close to achieving a population growth of zero since the Event."

He stared at the graph as if it were a map to the Holy Grail, which population G-Zero was to pop-techs.

"We've discovered the higher rate of miscarriages was only among the two Zero Generations, people alive during the Event and those born of people alive during the Event. The Institute's genetic testing for viability between matched males and females has brought down the infant mortality rate, though it is more likely counseling is what really turned the corner in that area."

Geddonism was not the only form of mental despair people suffered after the Event.

"The truth is even in areas most accepting of the Institute, we have yet to reach G-Zero," he said turning back to us. "Therefore a Geddonist enclave of this size having a population growth of Zero-Plus is an anomaly of monumental proportions."

Even I sat up and leaned forward.

"Migration of new Geddonists to Summertown," Sheila suggested.

"People without children are ten times as likely to become Geddonists as those with children," the pop-tech said. "Summertown's expenditures on schools is growing and not receding. Those financial numbers is what brought Summertown County to my attention."

"But people with children do become Geddonists," Robert pointed out. "So it is possible, especially if the enclave is recruiting, which has been known to happen."

"The Summertown hospital recently expanded their maternity wing," the pop-tech replied. "These people have been obscuring their finances for years, but it was easy to find a host of things no other Geddonist enclave spends money on."

"Positives are far from saints," Lianne said. "A few could be using Summertown as their personal sandbox."

"The Director has assured us, it is not happening here," the pop-tech said looking over at him. The Operatives turned towards me instead.

"These people can't be this stupid!" Albert said. "Someone had to know we would notice."

"Actually, Operative, an expectation that we would not notice is reasonable. I only ran into them because of a pet project," the pop-tech said. "A Geddonist enclave is a waste of our resources."

"Geddonist enclaves were a waste of our resources," the Director said.

"Do we know what IS happening in Summertown?" Lianne asked the pop-tech.

"No, I do not; but I want an answer," the Director said turning his gravchair towards us. "No controls, Operatives; dissect the residents of Summertown County if you have to."

He turned his gravchair and glided out of the room. The pop-tech nearly ran after him when five Operatives turned towards him like we were going to start the dissections with him.

-----

"They're angry," the Healer said.

"They have a right to be," I replied watching Robert and Sheila's gravcars seem to vibrate with emotion.

"I guess I understand the pain of the people in Summertown," she said.

"No," I said. "You understand the pain the world feels over their crime. Selfishness when everyone has sacrificed is cancer."

"Robert and Sheila are so angry," she said rubbing her temples.

"They had hope; maybe it was something in the water or anything, as long as it showed the human race was healing," I said. "They did not expect to find such a base answer in one sweep of Summertown."

Since the first Operative, Santos, our gray uniforms identified us. There were jokes among Positives and non-Positives about Operatives fucking in the uniform. It made things easier when Operatives needed to go unnoticed during investigations. No one in Summertown County thought a couple looking to buy a house was something to worry about, especially with their mental powers pushing people away from asking too many questions.

"Are you sure calling David in from the Euro-Institute wouldn't be better?" the Healer asked. "I haven't finished the training program."

"He has confidence in you," I told her. "Institute training isn't just about your power."

I watched in the mirror as Albert's gravcar came to a hard stop and turn to block the road behind us. He stepped out of the car and put his hand up. The vehicles had been following us since we entered the County; they halted as Albert's mental command gripped the drivers.

A few minutes later, our four gravcars came to a halt in front of a building. I stepped out and walked towards the front door with the Healer following me. Robert, Sheila, and Lianne fell into step at my sides with the three most powerful Symbolics at the Institute walking behind them.

There was a large crowd in front of the edifice looking like they were building up the courage to mob us. Robert hesitated in his step, and I felt the shockwave as rage fueled the power of his Scream. Everyone in the crowd grabbed their heads and shouted in pain. We walked around them until we were at the doors. Sheila turned around and waited a few seconds before layering a Scream of her own on top of Albert's. The people passed out from the Operatives' combined effort.

"Was that really necessary?" the Healer asked rubbing her arms. "Either of you could have knocked them out."

"It wouldn't have hurt as much," Robert told her while holding the door open for us.

I walked in first, people were pouring out of offices. A man stepped in front of me.

"You can't come in here!" he shouted. The other occupants screamed as my bullet entered between his eyes. I put two more bullets into his chest as I walked by.

"Stop!" Lianne ordered. The fleeing people froze in their tracks. I halted and waited for the Healer to finish walking through Lianne's statues, putting a hand on each of them.

"They've been Healed," she said in amazement. "All of them!"

"But he's a Symbolic!" Sheila protested.

"The Director has always considered Symbolics and their form of Healing our best hope," I reminded her.

"Then he knows how to Heal consciously," Robert said, "and not the way other Symbolics do it."

"Or he loves all of these people," I said. "There's been documented cases of Symbolics Healing their parents and friends so it does not have to be 'in love', just love."

The Healer closed her eyes and stretched out her arms. I felt her reaching out with her power.

"There's too many," she said opening her eyes. "Everyone in my reach has been Healed. That's more than the combined total of ALL people Institute Positives have ever Healed. One man couldn't have done this!"

"If he's powerful enough, he could," one of the Symbolics said with tears in his eyes. "He's in there, Operatives."

He pointed to doors at the end of the hallway. I walked to them with everyone a couple of steps behind me. I opened the doors and took a few steps inside.

The room had once been a gymnasium so the space was wide open. In the middle was a platform with a high chair placed in a position of honor. Seeming to wash from the platform were naked bodies rolling around in various states of coitus. There were at least two hundred people participating in an orgy of mindless lust. In the high chair, a middle-aged man watched all the action while clapping happily.

We wended our way through the bodies until we stood in front of the high chair.

"Hello, Simon," I said.

"Simon says! Simon says!" he shouted gleefully and hesitated before reaching out to me. "Simon says, you fuck!"

His fingers danced as he attempted to manipulate my Symbols to the shape he wanted.

"Oh my God!" Sheila gasped putting a hand over her mouth as she finished a study of Simon. Her reaction was not surprising; in front of us was a vision no one had seen since the advent of the Institute's genetic testing and the discovery of our first Healer.

Simon's face was misshapen with eyes set too widely apart and a forehead too large for the rest of his face. His teeth were malformed, and he had trouble breathing. The biggest shock was the innocence in his eyes; it spoke of an inability to process the pain of life.

"You evil! You evil!" Simon accused after he discovered one of the mysteries surrounding me; my Symbols were immutable.

"Distract him," I told the Symbolics before Simon could make a decision to run. They lined up at angles to him and stretched out their hands.

The four corners tug of power game Trainees played was not the only one Positives entertained themselves with; each power had an iteration of the game Positives with others of their type. Symbolics created a special Symbol and challenged others to change it while they tried to maintain its form.

"Game! Game!" Simon said settling back in his chair. He looked at each of the Symbolics before stretching his hands out. "Simon always wins!"

"God Apart!" the oldest Symbolic said. "He's too powerful; we won't be able to hold him long!"

"Healer," I said without looking at her. She walked around the platform until she could approach Simon from behind. She put a hand on his shoulder and closed her eyes. I watched Simon to ensure he did not notice her.

"It's not genetic," she announced. "Most of it is pre-natal. His mother must have been exposed to a toxin, but something went wrong at birth too. Oxygen loss."

"Can you take care of it?" Lianne asked harshly.

"He's dying," the Healer said ignoring Lianne's words. She let Simon go and stepped back to stare at me. "Positive-Drain, Operative. Less than two weeks before his body ceases to function."

"What have these idiots done!?!" Robert shouted looking around the room.

The Healer took a deep breath and stepped towards Simon.

"Do not, Healer," I told her.

"I can do it!" she insisted.

The other Operatives preferred modern weapons, but I thought the noise of an old fashioned gun was more intimidating. The ability to stretch out the realization of intent by cocking the hammer was also useful. The Healer's hand stopped moving when I pointed the gun at Simon's head.

"Your Elder has stated the most likely result of trying to heal PD is a dead Healer and a still dying Positive," I said. "If you insist on trying, I'll kill him now rather than let him have the two weeks you are predicting."

"David says 'most likely', Operative," she argued. "There's still a chance. It's worth the risk!"

"The Director decides what risks are worth taking, and Operatives make the decision in the field," I said. "I've made it. Step away from him!"

She looked at Simon again but took a step back. The Symbolics crumbled to their knees as Simon overpowered them. I jacked into them, pushing through the burst of energy necessary for them to break free of his hold.

"Cheater! Cheater!" Simon shouted at me.

"Take them outside," I told the other Operatives gesturing at the Symbolics and the Healer after holstering my gun.

"The girl is right, Jason," Sheila said after everyone left. "It's worth the risk. He's obviously capable of Healing on a scale we haven't seen before in any Symbolic. Simon is what we've hoped for, more than we've hoped for!"

"Do you think the Director will order us back to try what the girl suggests?" I asked.

She did not reply.

"I know you don't understand, Simon," I said stepping forward to touch his cheek. "I'm sorry they abandoned you. I'm sorry I have to abandon you."

"Simon says! Simon says!" he giggled. I turned around and followed Sheila out.

Two New Christian priests were at the head of a crowd confronting Lianne and Robert when we stepped out of the building. An old woman stepped out the crowd and approached me.

"What you have done to my Simon?" she asked in tones of accusation.

"How old is he?" I asked.

"What did you do to him, you Institute Bastard?!?"

"You're his mother?" I asked.

"Darla, no," one of the priests said putting a hand on her shoulder. The other priest took a position at her other shoulder.

"The oldest teenagers around are about eighteen," Sheila said to me. "No one in Summertown has been Institute approved for children since Geddonism began to spread here. He's got to be in his mid-thirties."

"Why didn't you bring him to us?" I asked the woman.

"You would have killed him for being born that way!" she spat.

"An interesting view of the Institute," I said. "How did you arrive at it?"

She looked at the priests, but tightened her lips.

"Oh!" I said glancing between the priests. "Now, I'm curious."

"We don't answer to the Institute," one of them forced out between his teeth.