The Landlord's Protégé Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Susan apologised over and over for Seth's behaviour and thanked him for complaining. It got him out, as she explained. She told him about Seth's change of heart, his girlfriend and his new interest in the children.

"Well," Victor said, "It must be nearly three months since I've been in the flat, and it looked clean and looked after. I owe you weeks of money for that."

"No, Victor," she replied, "I think you must have called in. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that things were moved."

"Sorry, Susan," he replied, "I haven't been here at all. When I met Seth I left without going up there. I went straight to my house after my holiday, and to the regimental reunion from the house. So I haven't been near the place. Anyway, when I rang Mr Corrigan he told me you wanted me to call as soon as I got back, and here I am. Are you sure someone has been in?"

"Absolutely."

"Something might have come up -- meter reading or something."

"Yes, that might be it."

"Still, I'll ask Corrigan when I next phone him."

The conversation lapsed, and Victor got up from the chair and made his farewells, telling her he was sorry to have missed the children. Susan said they would be at home the next day, it being Sunday. Perhaps he would like to join them to go to the park?

She told Seth that Victor was back and would be going to the park with them the next day. Seth frowned.

"I don't like him hanging round my children. It's not natural."

"You've come on the scene a little late to start complaining," she shot back at him. "That man has been a godsend to me and the kids adore him."

"You need to watch him with them. He could be a pedophile -- that's what they do, you know. They pretend to be helpful and get your trust. Then they abuse the kids."

"Don't be ridiculous," she snapped. "If he'd wanted to get at the kids, he'd have done it already. He hasn't."

"How d'you know? They swear kids to silence. You want to ask Gail about him."

"And put ideas in her head? Don't be daft. But if it'll make you happy I'll watch him."

"Just see you do. I don't want my daughter damaged."

"Seth, she's not your daughter, she's our daughter."

"Yes, I know, but you know what I mean."

Needless to say Gail was overjoyed to see Victor again and hugged and kissed him with abandon. Susan could tell it was totally natural; the child loved him and there was no reserve there.

Carl needed longer to remember him, but seeing his sister so much at ease, he soon overcame his shyness and approached Victor himself.

The afternoon at the park was idyllic; it was very warm for late November, though the nights were drawing in. The children played and Susan and Victor relaxed, passing the odd comment about what they saw. They even had a little picnic at a picnic table near the playground.

By the time they returned to the flat the children were sleepy. Susan put them in the bath and stayed with them. Victor, as usual, stayed out of the room, but Susan asked him to dry Gail off while she did Carl. She saw his reluctance, and had to ask again, "Please? I'm right here. I can't do both."

"OK," he answered and wrapped the towel round the little girl as he dried her off. Her giggles resounded round the flat. Susan smiled. This was what family life should be like, husband and wife together with the children. Except he wasn't her husband, and wasn't the children's father, but he had the same self-forgetful love a father should have for his own children.

Once the she was in bed, Gail begged and begged until Victor agreed to read her a story, but before he got to page four, she was fast asleep. He kissed her forehead and blessed her with a "God Bless". Susan watched the fatherly love of the man for her daughter, and thought how lucky she was.