The Lawn Guy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'ma go catch mamma."

Keisha quickly ran off. JR went inside the truck to visit with his old friends. He was helping with set-up when the women returned. Shirley walked up to him.

"I love her. You have the Shirley seal of approval."

Shirley introduced Crystal to Oscar and Donell and was greeted as family with hugs. Crystal joined JR getting things set-up. It was still about an hour before festivities began but the crowds were already pouring in. There was a loud noise behind the food truck. Oscar and Donell ran toward the sound. About two minutes later the noise was gone and Oscar came back to where they were with a dejected look on his face.

"The generator's gone. We have no power for lights or refrigeration," Oscar told them.

"My RV has a generator. Will that work?" JR asked.

"Let's look at it. I don't need a lot of power."

They walked to the RV. Oscar looked at the output then ran a cord from the generator to the food truck. When JR started the generator, the power was restored, and all was well again. They double checked everything, and it was all running properly.

"How much gas you got in it?" Oscar asked.

"It runs off the diesel fuel. Should easily last all day."

"Thanks, JR. You saved the day."

"Crystal and I eat free today then?"

"You eat free anyway," Shirley replied.

"You didn't, by any chance, bring catfish today, did you?"

"I always bring catfish when you come. Let me know when you get hungry." she replied.

"You can count on that."

"Why don't you and Crystal go wander around. We'll need you back here at 11:30 for the lunch rush 'til about 1:00."

"I'll be here."

JR took Crystal's hand and they wandered into the crowd. The place was packed. People had lawn chairs surrounding the bandstand. There were local merchants with tents and booths selling a lot of local goods and produce. They returned to the truck just a little before the lunch rush began. JR and Crystal were bussing tables while the family took care of the food prep and sales. Keisha was in charge of making sure condiments were in good supply. Lunch time was busy, but the couple was enjoying every minute of it. When things quieted down, JR asked for some lunch and Shirley brought out both crawfish and catfish for them. Keisha and Donell joined them at the table.

"Donell, how's your moving business going?"

"Great, I got a third truck now. We can haul most anything."

"You've come a long way. I'm proud of you."

"Thanks, that means a lot to me, sir."

"Did you get your storage unit up and running?"

"It turned out I could lease a place cheaper that having my own. I got a really good deal on it too."

"How are mom and dad doing with the restaurant?"

"They finally took your advice and hired some extra help. They're getting a couple of days a week off every week now. They even took off for a week to Atlanta to visit my grandmamma."

"Wow! I'm glad they're finally getting a little free time."

"Donell, how long have you had your moving business?" Crystal asked.

"Seven years now. JR loaned me the money to get it started. He helped set Momma and Daddy up with the restaurant too. We never woulda got it all going if it wasn't for him."

"Sure, you would have. I just helped a little by getting it going a little sooner."

Crystal looked at JR and grinned. Donell finished his lunch and went back inside the truck. Oscar and Shirley joined them with their lunch.

"How was your lunch, Crystal?" Oscar asked.

"That was the best catfish I've ever eaten."

"If JR ever fixes you catfish don't eat it," Shirley laughed.

"Bad huh?"

"Bad's too nice a word for it," she replied. "I threw some of it to a gator once and the gator wouldn't even eat it."

"That might be a bit of an exaggeration," JR replied.

"Not by much," Oscar chuckled.

"I'll remember that," Crystal replied.

"Keisha tells me we need five days at Disney. Is that okay with you two?" JR asked.

"JR, you don't have to do that."

"Shirley, I want to do that. I promised her two years ago I would when she was big enough to ride everything. I think we should plan on a day or two at Universal too since we're going to be right there anyway."

"Now I know you're a crazy man." Shirley said, shaking her head.

"Don't mention Universal. I want to surprise her."

"Is Crystal gonna go?"

"I don't know. I hear her boss is a real asshole," JR replied.

"He is not! I have a wonderful boss. How many bosses invite you to go to dinner with them in Paris?"

"Girl, that kind of boss has booty on his mind. Find another job," Shirley warned.

"Shirley, Crystal works at my company."

"Then you should fire her boss. That ain't right. That's sexual harassment."

"I'm sure his intentions were honorable, Shirley," JR replied.

"There's right and there's wrong. Him offerin' to take her to Paris is wrong if she works for him. You need to at least sit down and tell him to stop messin' with the employees. I'm surprised you don't know better."

"I'll have a talk with him when we get back."

"Good. A man like that can give your business a bad name."

"I'll take care of it."

JR looked at Crystal who was grinning at him.

"JJ, how about taking me for a walk?"

"Why do you call him JJ?" Shirley asked.

"I knew him in college. He went by JJ then."

"Didn't your old girlfriend call you JJ too?" she asked.

"Shirley, Crystal is my girlfriend from college."

"Well, it's about time you got married then. When are you doing it?" she asked Crystal.

"We haven't set a date yet, but the sooner the better I think."

"Long engagements don't make no sense to me," Oscar added. "I saw Lee here earlier. He's the Justice of the Peace and I'd betcha he'd marry you here today."

"We don't have a marriage license yet. I just proposed to her this morning," JR commented.

"I'd bet he has everything you need in his car. Keisha, come here baby," Shirley called.

Keisha ran up to her. "Yes, mamma."

"Go find Mr. Lee and bring him over here. We need to talk to him. Tell him I have a free lunch for him."

"Okay, mamma."

Keisha ran off into the crowd and returned a few minutes later with the JP.

"Hi Shirley, Oscar. What's this I hear about a free lunch?"

"Sit down. I'll go fix it," Oscar told him.

"Lee, what would it take for you to marry these two?" Shirley asked, pointing to JR and Crystal.

"I have the forms in my car. They need ID and twenty dollars. We can do it right now."

JR and Crystal looked at each other and grinned.

"You want to?" JR asked her.

Crystal grinned and nodded her head. "Let's do it."

"I'll get the paperwork. Have Oscar keep my lunch warm."

Lee walked toward the parking area and came back in about ten minutes. He handed them an application for a marriage license. Crystal went to the RV for her ID. They completed the form while Lee ate his lunch. He reviewed the form, collected the twenty dollars, and issued the license on the spot.

"We'll do the wedding in about twenty minutes. Who's your best man?"

"Oscar," JR replied.

"Maid and matron?"

"Shirley and Keisha," Crystal said.

"Go over to the flower booth and pick up your bouquets. I'll meet you all at the bandstand in about twenty minutes."

JR and Crystal were laughing. Crystal and Shirley went to the flower booth and picked up the flowers. About fifteen minutes later the five met up with Lee at the bandstand. When the current band finished their set, Lee walked on stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, pardon the interruption, but we're gonna have a wedding."

The crowd roared and he waved the five onto the stage. JR handed Oscar the ring for Crystal and Shirley the one for him. Lee positioned them on the stage and performed a simple ceremony, then turned them toward the crowd and presented Mr. and Mrs. Robinson. The crowd went wild as they kissed. Crystal turned her back to the crowd and tossed her bouquet behind her. Two women wound up wrestling on the ground over it before a third one snatched it away. As the bride and groom left the stage, they were met by the crowd congratulating them.

"Do you think that was legal?" Crystal asked.

"Um hum. Hi wife."

"Hi husband. It sure took you long enough."

"I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes."