The Layered World Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They scrambled around to apply kisses to each of the make believe parents. Arms holding everyone tight, Natalie said, "Tomorrow is a travel day. This lovey-dovey family had better get organized."

Jay said, with a laughing edge to his voice, "The students are to make notes about last night, and send their dates an email of appreciation which says their boss is sending them abroad on special assignment. We won't mind if this is gossiped a bit."

"Before we leave this hug, I have to say that was the nicest midnight sex I've ever had."

After a leaping cartwheel across the bedroom, Jennifer shouted, "What about the terrible beating?"

Scarafina was on her in a flash. "Yes, you awful tart, what about the beating?"

Watching violent shower waterplay, Jay was glad he had insisted on a giant enclosure, and provided soapy pinches generously.

Chapter 21 - Travel Arrangements

Things were much more serious downstairs, where four faces devoured four laptop screens while munching a late morning croissant.

"As I said, tomorrow is our travel day. The rule is that all of us look and act as company executives going about our business, which involves lots of international travel. It's even mostly true. Jay, you will instruct Jennifer in our ways, and I will assist Scarafina." Natalie's face was one big smile. The girls howled with laughter.

Jay stood and said, "Yes, but Jen and I need to talk about certain preparations for Orange. Then we need good hard workouts before all this airplane time."

Helping Jay to repair the bed, Jennifer was in her workout leotard. The one which concealed almost nothing and was not fit for public consumption.

"May I do my yoga exercises while we talk?" She cycled through a series of positions quickly, warming up.

"You make it exceedingly difficult for a male to talk business."

"Pah! You had me in the night. Isn't there any discipline in your brain?"

"My brain is not the problem. Come over here and sit with me for a few minutes. Then you will get a respectable outfit on and we will go to Natalie's fitness place."

She assumed the position she liked, folded inside of his arms and legs, and closed her eyes. He rested his chin on her shoulder and asked, "You have the outlines of the fund transfers in your head?"

"Yes. That was a good idea you had to arrange more than one, but it makes concealment that much more difficult."

"There will be one or two from here, suitably disguised?"

"Yes, the three of us have the details almost worked out."

"What about remote activation? There are advantages to our not being in the location from which the mistaken transfers originated. When do you think we will be ready?"

She took a tumbling run and deliberately smashed into him. From a superior position on his chest, she whispered, "The details must be vetted with the whole group. I think you do have to bring Kelly and Patricia to Spain. With a bodyguard."

He stood, raising her high with one hand on her crotch. "Yes, yes," she chanted, moving her body in beautiful flight and falling to the bed.

From the doorway, Natalie said, "Wonderful. She deserves the best. I have arranged a private jetflight from Teterboro direct to Miami, and two nights at the Eden Roc in South Beach. No TSA hassle until you reach the international departure."

He gestured to Fina and Natalie to join a bed conference. "Fina, talk to Jen about a secure communication channel that is all new. She will tell you why."

"Natalie, give Kelly a call and say that conferences with our Arab clients require her presence, and that of her new hire in customer relations, plus a dependable bodyguard with good Spanish and hopefully some Arabic."

Three bodies lay before him with not much on. Serious looks with half smiles. They were enjoying the beginnings of the Orange plan. As one, they rose for more clothes and attention to the chore list. Jay received a squeeze and a kiss from each of them.

In his study/office, he raised Hugh after his dinner in London. "Jay, it's good to hear from you. I keep getting indirect messages that you are busy."

"Yes, but not going to be in London quite yet. Would you put in a word with the friends that we will provide a full brief as soon as possible?"

"Yes, of course. What about the friends on your side of the water?"

"You will be pleased to know that they are being offered a stroll on South Beach tomorrow evening. Perhaps an hour. Do you suppose they will be grumpy?"

"Without a doubt. And wanting to recruit you."

"If you can arrange to see Sam face to face, tell her that the Africa plan is to go forward immediately and it will be part of my discussion tomorrow. She knows what to do."

"Roger, Jay, see you soon."

He was mentally assembling his discussion points with the CIA when fingers appeared in his long hair, working scalp and hair back and forth. "Kelly is very pleased. Said she already knows a reliable person with arms training and the language skills we need. I suppose Jennifer pointed out everyone must be on the same page?"

"She did. And we can't use any of these compromised circuits for discussion. Sit down there for a moment while I make one more quick call."

He dug out the card he had from Timothy Branscomb, the CIA station chief in London. The call on his direct line was answered immediately. Jay identified himself and asked if a moment of the chief's time was available. After two redirected rings, a familiar voice answered, "I didn't think I would hear from you again, Jay, after our last conversation."

"Tim, you have a tough job and you have my admiration. I'm calling to offer you an opportunity. Tomorrow evening at ten pm, I will be strolling on South Beach in Miami, interested in discussing items of mutual concern. Can you break away for a day or two in the sun?"

"There's no chance of a conversation here? I will be in so much hot water with Langley if I trespass on domestic turf to meet you!"

"I had that in mind. Perhaps a chance for a little payback for their misdeeds?"

"Jay, you have brightened my whole day. Someone with the right clearances will be there, hopefully me."

"Righto, cheers." Click.

Natalie was in his arms, whispering. "Jay, they are going to be so steamed! Drawing them to Miami, center of some of their nastiest projects!"

"You haven't purchased the onward tickets from Miami yet?"

"I'm about to, but my new instructions are to wait until after the meeting?"

"Yes, and we also need to discuss Kelly's itinerary. Talk to Sybil on a secure line about contacts in Marseille that could provide a van with Spanish plates and a driver who can avoid a border stop. We will deal with the lack of entry stamps later."

"I'm taking Jennifer to shop for clothes just now. Back soon. You are so going to owe me!"

He went to the fitness center by himself. The workout was hard. His body rebelled from too much travel and too much good food. Puffing on the treadmill, he mentally arranged his resources against those of his opponents. He had done this before, but another review didn't hurt. He liked the lineup, but he didn't like one important feature. The jihadis didn't care much about dying, but he did. He especially did not want any of his brilliant helpers injured or killed. Was it possible the two security services could assist?

Showered, he walked back to Natalie's apartment in the warm sun, still mulling over next steps. For now, the CIA needed to be kept at arm's length. They would not think of it that way, so he needed a plausible story by tomorrow evening.

The living room was a shambles. Two bodies in alluring underwear were parading for each other. Actually, they were wearing bikinis. He worried instantly about the attention three beauties with almost no coverage would receive on Spanish beaches. Heaven forbid any of his Muslim acquaintances would see this blasphemy.

"Ladies, we are going to be among people in the next two weeks that would take up stones seeing you like that."

They stopped and stared. "You are right, but there are a few places where this is the uniform du jour."

He growled and advanced. They stood their ground and growled back, then yipped like coyotes. A sudden rush took him down in the middle of the carpet. The allure of sexy limbs was overwhelming. He reached for a torso and captured Scarafina. She screeched, "No! No! I am only for girls!" He pinned her tightly to his chest and stole a kiss. She giggled and collapsed against him. "Jay, you are the best fun. We do have some acceptable clothes for the Muslims, you know."

"We have to calibrate your backgrounds and clothing. When away from home, the Sheikhs and their helpers are used to mingling with women in western dress."

"Yes. I will talk about it with Sybil and Sam while you are spending beach time with this nymph here."

Jennifer howled under their joint attack, complaining she wasn't just a bimbo. Fina and Jay lay with a leg apiece between hers. "I think, for the purposes of this trip, that you are my niece, newly enrolled at university and having fun, but getting mediocre grades. In fact, I may need to do something about the fact that your roommate seems to have similar tendencies."

"Damn, Jay, that is cruel."

"I want you to practice college girl talk while observing everything and listening carefully. There is no way of knowing what might be said that will be useful to us later."

"Double damn. Those horny guys are going to be undressing us with their eyes and wondering how to get us alone."

"Not to worry. Hugh and whomever he brings along will be in the room, looking as tough as the guys who accompany their women."

Natalie walked in and found them on the floor, a tight pile of three. Jen poked her head up, saying, "Believe it or not, we are working. He is rehearsing us about Spain. Why don't you get out of your good clothes and join us?"

"Later. Show me what you plan to wear for travel."

Diving into bags, they appeared moments later in new outfits. Fina had a royal blue blazer over a discreetly ruffled blouse showing little skin. Underneath were a pair of expensive straight leg jeans. She held out a cloche hat with question mark eyes.

Natalie nodded, "Excellent. That hat makes you a young woman with fashion sense. The briefcase will suggest a business woman, and the dark shades will add mystery."

Jennifer frowned, "She is getting all the attention. International First Class in that getup? Jay, the two of them will be kidnapped!"

The numbers girl had a pale yellow sleeveless blouse with a fabric vest over it. The navy skirt was just to the knee and flared. Natalie nodded again. "Perfect for the PA accompanying her boss on a private flight to Miami. The expensive briefcase will be bulky because it has both of their papers in it. The blond hair will be up in a sophisticated do."

The rest of the day was devoted to chores, and picking up the apartment. Natalie cancelled the cleaning service at the same time she set up a continuous video feed to her security people. Sam had arranged that any surveillance calls in New York would be forwarded to Sam's helper in London.

He was awake in the night and asking himself why. The women were performing flawlessly, and a decent plan was falling into place. A dark shadow rose by his side, pulling his arm with her.

In the kitchen, she started water in the coffeemaker and fell tightly into his arms. He kissed the top of her head and said, "I love it when we share brainwaves."

There was a noise on the stair and they saw two shapes creeping downward. Natalie waved them closer.

Tongues inquired if things were ok. Natalie pushed them into him and turned to the coffee and some bagels.

He turned them around and got a firm grip on two boobs, one plump and one not so plump.

"I don't think young ladies are permitted to wander the house at night in their nothings."

"Jay!" It was a long trailing screech. They leaned back as hard as they could. Miraculously, he wasn't erect.

Natalie said, "Stop that and have something to eat. It's four am and I doubt we are going to sleep again. Perhaps on the plane."

He retrieved robes for everyone and got bodies situated on the sofa, munching contentedly.

The two limos were at the curb at 6:30. With hugs and kisses, Jay and Jennifer climbed into one, and Natalie and Scarafina into the other. Natalie's faultless arrangements had Jay and his new PA in the air before eight, headed to Miami. They had the rear of a six passenger jet to themselves, and Jennifer found her way to his lap. She alternated sipping her coffee and kissing him.

"Am I in trouble with the others?"

"Of course. They are plotting your demise every moment." He sealed her lips with his and found ribs to tickle.

"They have already welcomed you to their special little group. You are to take that welcome literally and not worry. They are more concerned about keeping you alive than anything else."

She pressed her head to his chest and closed her eyes for a nap. He closed his eyes as well, but not for a nap. His active mind was thinking about death of his helpers at the hands of the terrorists. He weighed the relative risks of the radicals killing some or many of them at their offices, versus the risks of their killing the women and himself as an outcome of the Orange project. He'd been through this exercise before, and after a few minutes, came up with the same answer. A pre-emptive strike was the best choice, although many of the options were yet to be chosen. In military history, a bunker mentality seldom carried the day.

He kissed the top of Jen's head and fell asleep.

The change in engine noise as the plane descended for Miami awakened them. Her lips were pursed for a kiss. "You make the very nicest sleeping mat." She straightened up and unbuckled for a quick trip to the toilet. Returning, she said, "I had an interesting thought while asleep. Do you want to hear it now or later?"

Laughing and poking her side, he said, "I suppose you will be asking for extra pay for sleeping and working at the same time?" She squeezed the front of his pants as he went by.

Belted in for landing, he said, "Is there a short version?"

"Kidnapping. Best way to extort money is with hostages. They probably already have a plan."

With Jen doing her PA duties, the Miami limo whisked them from the airport to the Eden Roc in less than an hour. They were registered as Mr. and Mrs. Jones of Greenwich, Connecticut, with all expenses billed to an office account. The room overlooked a wide expanse of beach. They stood at a large sliding glass door, absorbing the ocean view. She dropped her clothes and said, "It's either sex or that sand. Which do you want first?"

Hands caressing her slim hips, he said, "Let's get into our suits, the hotel's beach robes, and explore. I will deal with your slutty tendencies later."

It seemed there was a helpful staff person behind every palm tree, ready to assist their progress. In very short order, there were two beach chairs and two fruity somethings. He said, "This isn't the Wiltshire cottage, so I am afraid you can't take that suit, what there is of it, off for me to apply lotion."

In the tiny bikini, with floppy hat and opaque sun glasses, she looked like a movie star. They were hardly settled when his phone chimed with a text message. "Confirmed for 10pm, corner of 4th and Ocean."

Jennifer smiled. "Sent in the open. That must have fussed a few people."

"Yes, I am sure the whole business has fussed a few folks at Langley. That's the idea, isn't it?"

"I don't get to go along, do I?"

"You certainly don't. Among other things, you are responsible for contingencies. If your phone doesn't ring by midnight, you are to phone Hugh immediately. He and his friends at the British Consulate will deal with the situation. You are also the point person for Manco Enterprises and will keep the London crew in a tight loop."

Chap 22 - Conversation with the CIA

"It seems unfair, Jay, to be relaxing in the lap of luxury while talking about the CIA and its designs on you."

"Close your eyes and mentally build some enclosed spaces. Put Orange and the agencies and related things into an enclosure. Put this beautiful day, the warm ocean at your feet, and the possibility of good sex with your boss in another. Practice going back and forth, not mixing the two."

"Hmmm. Do we get to stay in the one about sand and sex for the rest of the afternoon?"

"Yes. Through dinner, actually. Natalie has a reservation for us at a good place, she says. But first, we have to stay in the first box and talk about your kidnapping idea."

He paused, and went on, "I'm irritated at myself for not seeing this immediately. Tell me what scenarios you imagine."

"Kidnapping and ransoming are complicated and time consuming. The young jihadis have a limited tolerance for both. So whatever plan they are scheming over is likely to include a quick strike and a rapid resolution."

"Hmmm. London isn't promising, is it?"

"No. More of your people located there, but lots of cameras, lots of Metropolitan Police, and several different spy agencies. Not as easy as it used to be for hiding someone. Especially since the incidents in the last few years have people being alert to suspicious activity."

After a silence, he said, "What about a contingency plan? One that is invoked when opportunity offers, like discovering us in a vulnerable situation while traveling."

"Yes. Three or four of them could snatch us right now, for instance."

"There would have to be a leak somewhere. A leak that localized you and me to this hotel even though we have hardly checked in. They would need two mobile teams, one to carry us off, and one to pursue the ransom demand. Seems a remote possibility. We will be gone by tomorrow afternoon."

"And trying it here in Miami means bringing down the FBI kidnapper task force on them as well."

His strong hands captured hers. "I enjoy taking apart these risks with you. You have an extremely sharp mind, young lady."

"You haven't said anything outrageous about my body lately."

"Why don't you take a slow walk down the beach, about a hundred yards or so. By the time you turn around and saunter back, you will have acquired more than one male making outrageous compliments about your divine self."

Jennifer leaned for a soft slap to his cheek. "Bosses are not allowed to talk like that. Be serious and tell me how you are going to handle tonight's rendezvous. What is the purpose of doing this, anyway?"

"The purpose of the meeting is to see if it has crossed their mind that the terrorists have designs on our wealth, and to provide some disinformation about our short term plans. You can help me with the details."

Their dinner restaurant was Moroccan, dark and cozy. Jen reclined on a cushion and said, "This is a warmup for Spain?"

"Natalie's instincts are good. The two of us don't have any visibility here. Although the dimness makes it easier for the kidnappers to seize us."

"I have my weapon in my purse."

"Do you now. I thought I was being sly by carrying mine and not telling you."

"Forewarned is forearmed, as they say."

The food was excellent. They took turns putting fingers in each other's mouths with little tidbits.

"I'm not sure I can maintain the proper distance a niece should have."

"Well, you are a bit young to be my mistress." He poked her ribs and brushed his hand across her bosom.

"I would marry you in an instant if it was permitted."

"It's not, but almost everything else is."

By nine o'clock, when they finished, his thoughts were focused on the meeting in an hour. A cab took them to the hotel. A stroll on the beach used up minutes until it was time for him to leave. He kissed her and said not to worry.

She batted his head, "You know how impossible that is. Be careful."