The Layered World Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The three of them sipped their drinks and looked thoughtfully at each other.

"Fina too. We will need the latest Satnav gear, some of which may have to be located ashore and taken aboard."

Jay summoned Sybil to their group with a gesture.

"I know what your look means. Relax and have more drink. I have no intention of allowing Orange to interfere with these important meetings in Tarragona. It is just that there are some lead time items concerning the boat that Hugh and Fina and Jennifer can be working on part time. You are to assume that my time is your time whenever needed."

"How is it possible that every time I am feeling abandoned, he is right there with backup?" She wrapped an arm around and kissed his cheek.

As though he had just announced a celebration, she added, "Emily and I are going to investigate the dining room. You will permit a dressup evening with improved menu?"

Laughing, he said to Hugh, "What about another stroll with Allan? We can be checking for suspicious activity."

Over the centuries, the original 12th Century convent had been much remodeled, including 18th Century major work to create a palace for Prince Philip. Hugh observed that the nooks and crannies would provide opportunities for an SAS style guerilla attack.

Jay asked, "Do the three of us have our service weapons with us?"

Getting nods back, he said, "Let's do a careful survey this evening of possible avenues of approach to our rooms. The women are tough, but vulnerable to serious attack."

Against that worry, they rambled the heights discussing fallout once Orange was launched.

Allan asked, "How long can we expect to maintain our own anonymity?"

Jay was in no hurry to answer and Hugh spoke, "They are expecting retribution for the plane crash. Some of them at least. When bodies and assets begin disappearing, connections will be made. What was the assumption when a pre-emptive strike was planned?"

Jay replied slowly, "Jennifer's brain, with its focus on numbers, has not played the chess game to the point of checkmate, I suspect."

Allan laughed, almost a giggle. "Oh, but she has. The devious woman has been whispering in my ear."

Hugh said, archly, "My god, Allan, intelligence gathered from pillows is not reliable!"

"So you say, but she is very ticklish, and gave up the whole story to my probing fingers."

They looked at him, "Agent, you were warned about romance?"

He smiled back, "It's too late. Way too late. But the gist is that we follow, revelation by revelation, a trail to their assets that causes them to break off the engagement before the losses become too great to withstand."

Jay's gaze was intent. "Followed by a period of standoff? A mad financial form of mutual assured destruction?"

"Except that we have adroitly hidden our assets and replaced them with shell entities."

They traversed the edge of a high wall with a view over the plain to the east. After a minute or two, Jay said, "The PA's will have a fit..."

"If it was anyone other than Jennifer, I would dismiss it quickly."

After another minute of strolling the parapet, Allan said, "Um, there's one more problem..."

Jay and Hugh looked at him, curiously. The blush on his face gave away his youth.

"At the other end of this, I think it is necessary for Manco to have suffered visible, public losses. Not publicly linked to Jihadis, and perhaps somewhat mysterious, but enough to solve the loss of face problem."

Jay said nothing, inwardly blaming himself for not seeing the problem sooner. Manco would never be free of Jihadi vengeance if the radical hotheads thought their noble cause had been beaten by the heathen Westerners.

"Hugh, I think our new recruit just earned his first month's salary."

"Yes, perhaps this pillow talk business is not all a waste."

Hugh continued, "You realize, Allan, that you have just doubled the challenge to the number girls?"

They turned back toward their quarters in the Castle, each buried in thoughts of how to

orchestrate a successful outcome to an ever more complicated plan.

They were nearly to the entrance when Jay touched Hugh's shoulder. "A moment more. Humor me."

They stepped to a dark corner. "The boat, Hugh, how much is the boat worth?"

There was a moment of silence before Hugh answered, "Well, we haven't got it on rent yet, but these fancy boats in Palma must be at least in single digit millions."

Jay's eyes were gleaming. "Gentlemen, at the appropriate time, when our objectives are close to fulfillment, the rented yacht is going to set sail from Palma and, in full view of the harbor, will sustain an incredibly large explosion and sink in a minute or two."

Allan mumbled, "Genius idea."

Hugh said, "I suppose my SAS pals will be paid an extraordinary sum to make this happen without loss of life?"

"Yes, perhaps a skeleton crew making a ferry move to board passengers in Valencia?"

Allan added, "Kelly's mom will make sure the tabloids are properly informed about injuries and estimated cost of total loss of vessel?"

Hugh frowned, "Risky, Jay."

"Yes. high stakes indeed. Not to mention the damage to my pocketbook! Need to sleep on this and mention none of it to the others."

Dinner was subdued as busy minds sorted through multiple agendas. Jay deliberately sat next to Sybil, to reassure her that the Arab meetings next week would get first priority. She nodded and kissed him. "You terrible faker. The boat scheme has captured your attention!"

In a very low voice, he responded, "You and I are sleeping alone this evening, where I will impress upon you the true state of priorities!"

In an even lower voice, she hissed, "OMG, he's thinking with his cock again!"

Their kissing and arm wrestling at the dinner table attracted attention. Kelly, Sam and Natalie frowned. The Three smiled and Allan applied kisses to his young lovers. Hugh and Emily regarded the Americans with amusement. The team was dealing well with stress and the threat of deadly force.

Chapter 33 - More Meetings with Arabs

Three days later, the party was settled in the Parador Tortosa, located south of the city of Tarragona, awaiting the arrival of the Qatar and Emirates delegations. The venue was a remade 13th Century castle, originally constructed by a Muslim Caliph, but much changed by subsequent Christian occupation.

Jay had been reminded by Jennifer of their new helper, the Israeli Arabella, who needed to be summoned from Lisbon and carefully briefed before joining the next set of Arab meetings. She was delegated to handle all of the Arabella details.

Hugh and Sybil were the welcoming committee, with the Arab venue undecided until the last minute.

"Jay, because of the Muslim history, they have decided to join us here. There is plenty of space, and it will be cozier than if we were in the city centre."

"It will do for our purposes. Have we determined the lineup of our people and their people?"

"The PA's and the twins are excited that their women are allowed western dress and have already reached out. There is a small reception this evening at cocktail hour. Separate dinners because of alcohol and menu issues, but a short business meeting afterwards. I think perhaps only you and I will attend from our side. And possibly not their most senior executives until tomorrow."

"Excellent. Hugh and I may be excused for more work on the boat scheme?"

With Allan, they ascended to the original battlements, which were now a walkway with fine views. Hugh reported that a ship Captain had been engaged and would report as soon as travel arrangements were complete, probably by the end of the week. There would be considerable baggage, some of which needed to be disguised. Anthony's people were assisting, after he had been promised an in person report within a fortnight.

Jay turned to Allan, "What have we explained to your chain of command, double agent?"

"Sir, this is no laughing matter, but so far we are tracking carefully on the story about a floating vacation after the Arab meetings. However, Tim's people may discover at any moment that we have engaged a sea captain with a military background and their antenna will go wild. Especially when my resignation letter arrives."

"Yes, it will be important for us all to be safely at sea by the time that happens. You three and the PA's must be in a tight loop at that point."

Jay smiled at the nervous young man and repeated, "Tight loop."

Overcoming the gnawing in his stomach, Allan smiled back and responded, "Extremely tight, sir." And then added, "About the gun run to Marseille, it will be difficult to evade their surveillance. If not beacons planted on the boat, there is also satellite coverage when requested. We need a better option to acquire the weapons."

Saying "Yes, absolutely," Jay found himself realizing that it wouldn't do for the Arabs to think only his female PA's were hosting them. Damn, Sybil was right that he was distracted by the boat scheme, even after telling her he wasn't.

He had stopped when they were approached by two bodies at high speed. Allan and Hugh stiffened but then noticed one of the bodies was Jennifer. At the last moment, two perfect forward somersaults were executed and two smiling women landed two feet in front of the group.

"Jay, Arabella is here! I am so glad to have an Arabic speaker with many other talents!"

The Israeli agent was caught up in Jennifer's enthusiasm and offered hugs to the men, which were happily accepted.

"Mr. Manco, I am sorry for such a rude arrival. Jennifer does like to get carried away, doesn't she?"

Jay held her tight. "First, you must call me Jay as the others do. Second, you must join the young agent cohort, which also includes Allan standing here. Third, you must sit down immediately with Allan, Jennifer and Fina to develop the story about your background and recruiting by Manco Enterprises. Fourth, you must relax and join our dinner this evening. Is that too many orders all at once?"

He added, "I am remiss in being absent for the meeting preparations. Our guests will expect the male head of Manco Enterprises to be in attendance. Please continue while I tend to business."

Sybil was happy to see him, "Thank god, he has come to his senses. There is a lunch buffet and we can catch up."

An hour later, he was stuffed with food and with useful information about their Qatari and Emirati guests and felt that he would not embarrass his PA's at the reception and subsequent meetings.

Sybil finished her briefing, saying, "These people are of lesser wealth and influence than the Saudis, but to Manco Enterprises they are an important and profitable line of business. Depending on how things go, you should share as much private information as you can. It might pay dividends as we launch Orange."

He picked up her hand and kissed the back of it. "You warned me about distractions and you were right. I apologize. I have told Hugh and Allan to press forward while you and I and the PA's deal with our guests."

She found them a quiet corner and said quietly into his ear, "I know all your adrenalin is flowing over the beginning of Orange and its complications. Give me just enough of your attention with the Arabs to meet expectations and I will carry the day. I know these people." A quick kiss on his lips followed.

It turned out that everything about the meetings, from security through financial discussions, was in a lower key than with the Saudis. Sybil and Jay did not raise the Jihadi issue and neither did the guests.

In the evening, after a successful conclusion to the meetings, the women were all over him in the large canopied bed. Generous amounts of wine with dinner made them excited and feisty. Arabella was there, looking nervous at all the feminine skin showing. Fina and Jennifer sandwiched her and kept up a steady stream of whispers. Soon, she was down to her underwear and trying to smile. Jay caught her eye and mouthed, "It's okay."

"Jay, they promised more business! Do we get a reward? Do you care, even a tiny bit, for your female helpers?" Provocative eyes on bodies that still wore their finest undies stared at him.

Kissing and pinching, he made his way through the writhing mess. "Rewards? Yes, I have instructed the Grand Vizier to have you locked up in the castle tower until the ransoms are paid."

He was smothered in a cloud of perfume and female scent. "Oh pooh, that sounds like no fun at all."

Sitting up, he said, "Actually, it looks like there are three or four days before the yacht is ready. What would you like to do that appears to be a reward for your efforts?"

While they were thinking, Sam slipped out to find Allan, Hugh and Emily and bring them to the instant conference.

The twins were hugging but Jennifer stopped to suggest, "Instead of the boat coming here to get us, why don't we fly to the island, where it is easy to board us, and easy for us to hide among the holiday crowds?"

Jay looked to Hugh, who had been circling the bedroom with his scanner and finding nothing.

"Yes. Better than staying in this parador. Perhaps we can find a small hotel and engage the whole place. It is a bit early in the season."

He added, "And not mention anything to do with Manco Enterprises."

Sam ventured, "Yes, I will become an office manager from London with a party of workers on a special bonus outing." She smiled around the room.

Fina tossed in, "It is really dreadful that my boyfriend could not get away, but Jennifer tells me we can go dancing with the young Spanish guys!"

Jay crooked a finger at Arabella and gathered her between his legs, her back tight to his front. She folded his arms over her impressive chest as he began a series of low male whispers.

"All this is a little much but they are letting off steam before we get to the hard stuff. I can already tell you are a good fit to our group. Thank you for joining us, your skills are about to become very valuable."

She squirmed and whispered back, "I have never ever received instruction from a billionaire in his bed with seven beautiful women watching."

"Eight beautiful women. Six of them have had sex with me and enjoyed it. You can too, but only if you are so inclined. I don't poach and I don't go where I am not wanted."

There was more stress in her next whisper, "I am not attached, but I think we must survive Orange before there are any games."

He kissed under her ear and tossed the body back to the other women, who said he was a bad boy. Arabella had bright eyes.

The meeting was breaking up. Hugh and Emily waved and left. Jennifer and Fina grabbed Arabella, "You should come with us. There is a big bed with room for four. Allan provides protection!"

Smiling broadly, the protective male waved and followed.

The PA's frowned and advanced on Jay. "The poor woman. She will probably be gone in the morning."

Jay laughed, "She is very tough. Maybe her sex life needs a tuneup?" They pounded him and said they were very jealous. Milling in the bathroom to do teeth and pee, Jay felt elated. It seemed the group energy was building to a new peak, especially with the addition of a tough warrior princess.

Maybe they could overcome the Jihadis after all.

(cont'd in Part 9 - Danger at Sea)

12