The Layered World Pt. 09

Story Info
Danger at sea.
10.6k words
4.82
1.3k
1
0

Part 9 of the 11 part series

Updated 10/16/2023
Created 06/25/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Layered World - Part 9 - Danger at Sea

Chapter 34 - Palma

They were in the air on the short flight to Palma, separated into two planes. Jay and Arabella were in a two seat aisle of the small plane. His voice was harsh in her ear, "Hot one, did you..."

"Jay! They insisted. Rubbed their naked bodies on me until I couldn't stand it! He was so gentle at first, told me I was the most beautiful woman he had ever met. Told the twins he would beat them if they did not behave and then was inside so quickly and easily, I almost fainted!"

"Your needs have been met?"

"Oh, I am still tingling, even now!" Ignoring the twins sitting just behind, she kissed Jay on the lips, violently. Giggles sounded to the rear. Jay was hard and wished he was somewhere his needs could be satisfied. He reached a hand back and drew Jennifer to his lap.

"You have found a house?"

"Yes, a great piece of luck. Sybil's insurance client has a rental that is currently empty. Knows all about privacy needs. Sam's subterfuge is in place. All the money will be handled through the company insurance accounts."

They smiled at each other. "Am I allowed a kiss like that last one?"

They merged briefly, with Arabella hissing and applying a pinch to a numbers girl boob tip.

It took two large vans to accommodate thirteen bodies and considerable luggage. There was an inner courtyard at their destination, where Mark and Stan made quick work of getting everything inside. Sam was also quick to instruct everyone about the details of their work bonus trip from London to sunny Mallorca. There was to be no mention of the name of their corporate sponsor.

A veranda on the top of the building provided umbrellas and sweeping views of the harbor. Hugh and Allan sat to either side of Jay as they discussed the impending yacht charter. The target of their interest lay at anchor several hundred yards out from the pier. Black and more than forty meters long, with impressive decks and a flying bridge.

Allan spoke first, "Owned by a corporate charter organization out of Nice. Very particular in their screening, Jay. We got good marks from Sybil's client, and gave them a million dollar bond on a London bank."

"If that leaks, we are pleased?"

"Yes. Consistent profile with something Jay Manco might do. Fee is ten thousand US dollars a day with crew, five thousand without. Insurance to be provided by Offshore through their Palma agent."

The three of them smiled at each other. Hugh took up the briefing. "Jennifer and the Captain are handling details after a handoff from me. He is arriving tomorrow evening. Jen arranged for him to take possession and start the meter running on the rental the following morning. After familiarization, he and Stan and Mark will bring the boat to the pier late in the day to embark the party and offload the owner's crew. There will be a sunset departure."

Allan picked up the thread, "Stan and Mark and I are still working on the transfer of the special goods. We need the Captain here to finalize arrangements. His name, by the way, is Henry Byington. Hugh will get his bio sheet to you. The general idea is that the Artemis, that is its name, will anchor at a safe and convenient place to the east of the airport, and its large Zodiac will make several trips to transfer goods coming from London by secure air cargo."

"What about the necessary demolition materials?"

Hugh answered, "That is a separate undertaking which will be accomplished when the yacht returns from sea. Different set of people whom I will arrange in London and dispatch when needed."

Jay sat comfortably, marveling at the military style competence of his helpers. Jennifer's crazy idea was off to a good start.

"The twins will be anxious to get the comm gear up. There is a dish?"

"We are taking no chances with the one onboard. A special folding version has been procured from one of Anthony's friends and will arrive with the other gear."

Gripping Hugh's shoulder, he inquired, "Your itinerary has firmed up?"

"Yes. As soon as Byington is here and the yacht rental is happening, I will quietly disappear to one of the Barcelona ferries, using another passport, and then proceed to London. Since we always assume our encrypted messages will be broken, you and I will agree on some phrases. If everything blows up, we will go in the clear, anyway."

"Ah, a broken message is good news, an in the clear transmission is bad news?" The three of them smiled again.

Jay nodded and stood, "We need to socialize." He waved at the clutch of women with drinks, engaged in earnest conversation, and walked to a credenza to one side with drink materials.

Emily was seated at the edge of the group of women, taking the sun and listening with one ear. He waved at a far corner and she followed.

"Hustling me already? Hugh hasn't even left for London."

Wrapping an arm around her waist, he said, "Emily dear, I have promised to protect you from damage in our coming adventure. I take that responsibility seriously." She leaned into him and relaxed.

"But there is another reason I am talking to you right now. You are not excess baggage on this trip. Far from it. Your years with Hugh have given you acute insight into security affairs. It would please me greatly if you would act as our eyes and ears for trouble. The others all have serious work assignments with our special project and might miss something they shouldn't. Never fear, Emily will circulate and may pick up something important."

"You are giving me carte blanche to be nosy? The others may object." She smiled and poked his side, both of them knowing to what she was referring.

"There are few secrets of that type in this group. You heard that the Israeli..."

"Yes, and in front of the twins who attacked at the same moment! What a terrible scandal."

Their lips touched and she returned to the women's group.

* * *

There was a buffet lunch, and a long table at which everyone was seated. Jay smiled to himself about the marvelous sunny weather and said, "After lunch, I need a few moments with Arabella and separately with the twins. Also, briefly with the PA's. Other than that, we have a free day. Our Captain is arriving tomorrow and we will sail on the black yacht in the harbor the following evening. Please relax and enjoy yourselves. You've earned a break."

The twins walked off, chattering to each other and staring daggers at him. Arabella remained where she was, at his right hand. The PA's hung over a railing, eying their floating residence.

He asked, "Did you not tell me that through an acquaintance, you have a link to Mossad?"

"Yes, but of course one uses such a connection very carefully."

"Very carefully indeed. I was thinking that the Israeli secret service must have long since established a naval arm? Perhaps even a subsurface naval arm?"

"There are rumors and stories, but they never acknowledge a single thing."

"Nor would you or I if we were in their business. It occurred to me, given the likely desperation of our foes after the financial attacks begin, that Mossad might have an interest in certain events at this end of the Mediterranean pond. An interest that might lead them to deploy forces in this direction."

Her dark eyes widened. He studied the aristocratic face. Strong lines. Not cover girl attractive, but powerful and enticing when she wished it to be.

"I could use my contact for that purpose, but they will immediately want verification."

"Hugh's briefing of Anthony will take care of the Brits and he will secretly brief Tim, who will handle the Americans if he hasn't been sacked. Even if he has, Allan's resignation and presence at sea will have the agency in an agony of curiosity and breaking everything coming to or from us over the air."

Her eyes briefly closed. "You don't ever stop working, do you? Your instructions to relax are just a front. Every one of us is busy taking a piece of something and running with it. When do I open a channel to my contact?"

"Are you close enough to disguise something in a casual conversation on a normal telephone call?"

"Yes. I have training for that." She looked offended and stood, ready to beat his head.

"Then place the call on the first evening, when we are anchored to receive the air cargo shipment."

Instead of beating his head, the hand came down to tangle in the hair and pull their lips together ever so briefly.

"You are a good boss. I could not have anticipated that."

As she walked away, the twins advanced, their faces dark with frowns.

"What is this terrible behavior? We are underwater worrying about Orange and you are bland as can be, taking casual briefs with helpers, including your newest and sexiest female!"

"You wouldn't have it any other way, would you? The Boss is not to display his case of nerves? Please perch on my knees with kisses and bring me up to date, especially about timelines.

"Before we go further, let's have the PA's join." He waved them over.

He began, "You have been remarkably patient with sudden changes to the plan we are about to begin. You are comfortable staying together, afloat on that yacht?" He gestured toward the harbor.

Sybil looked suspicious, "What are you up to, Devil?"

"I'm thinking you need to tour Sardinia, three of you except Kelly, who is our new Spanish resident executive."

Natalie raised her arm, "We do NOT need a tour of Sardinia."

He could see that they wanted a big bed for a fierce wrestle, but it wasn't going to happen at this moment. They walked away and he turned back to the Twins.

After soft kisses and warm noises, Jennifer said, "We agreed to rely on our memories and not write anything down. But our schedule needs integrating with the yacht schedule and once we are at sea, there should be an overall schedule prepared and updated daily."

"Yes. See to it. What is your latest thinking about steps after the fake transfer?"

They seized a hand apiece and pulled him into a slow walk around the edge of the veranda. Jay smiled and knew he shouldn't. This was serious business. Deadly serious.

"We have lain awake at night, rehearsing. If this, and if that. We are confident about our numbers, but worry about all the third parties. What will Allan's employer do, what will Anthony do, what if an Arab government decides to get involved?

He stopped and said, "I love you both, but the third parties are my responsibility. In our team, the rest of us rely on those marvelous number minds of yours to plot the essential moves on their finances. You are to ruin them financially. Allan and I and others will deal with third parties. We have allies in that work."

He hugged them tight as they sniffled on his chest. Then swatted them hard on the muscled butts, "Go rehearse once more. Practice makes perfect."

Their arms came up and he provided palms for their blows.

Chapter 35 - At Sea on Artemis

Embarcation day was busy, both afloat and ashore. Mark and Stan had retrieved their nautical Captain from the airport. His name was Henry Byington and the three of them plunged into the process of going through the turnover sheet with the owner's representative. It was lengthy and would take several hours to complete.

At the hotel, Allan and Hugh and Jay were carefully packing, paying attention to what was going where once onboard. Sybil and Emily, without being asked, had organized a walk around the town, which was much needed by the two bundles of nerves named Fina and Jennifer.

Hugh asked Allan, "You have the resignation letter for me?"

"Yes. I have never been so obsequious in my life. You will deliver?"

"I think I will arrange for an official courier from Anthony's office to take it to the Embassy. It will not go unnoticed from whence it was delivered."

Allan winced, "I wish there were a way to keep a lid on this. When Tim and then Langley see the connections among me and Jay Manco and a high powered yacht, all kinds of red lights will blink."

Jay spoke up, "I cautioned the Twins yesterday not to worry outside their scope of responsibility. I'm telling you the same thing. Hugh and Anthony have plenty of horsepower to deal with the Agency. And the Spaniards do not take kindly to US intelligence incursions to their territory.You and I will have our hands full onboard Artemis."

He turned to Hugh and asked, "I have been meaning to inquire if body armor is arriving in the shipment from London?"

"Yes. Six or seven suits, I think. You suppose you might see a few bullets on the flying bridge?"

"If by chance they corral one or two of those mosquito boats that the pirates use off Oman and Somalia, their machine guns are nasty."

"Yes. You know I'm feeling bad about abandoning you to the high seas."

"Oh my, not another team member needing my lecture?"

"Well, I am used to hot fighting."

"Hugh, you are essential back home, anchoring our effort in the financial capital of the world. There are any number of things you may be needed for, including keeping Sybil and Sam safe."

By four, a phone call confirmed that the yacht was heading to the pier, so the luggage was loaded into two vans and goodbys said to their hostess.

The PA's had arranged themselves along the length of the waterfront, partly to keep an eye on extraneous activity and partly to avoid presenting an attractive target on the pier.

Boarding was swift and efficient. Jay took himself to the bridge, where Henry Byington was very much in charge and said he would not have time for introductions until they were clear of the harbor.

Less than an hour later, Palma was fading to the north. Henry was visibly relaxed and chatted with Jay, thanking him for the opportunity to wear a Captain's hat again. The two of them confirmed the arrangement to find a convenient anchorage to the east and Stan, who was at the helm, took a course of 120 degrees to head in that direction. The engines were set for five knots and they made leisurely progress.

Jay saw no reason to banish alcohol this early in the voyage, and invited the team to make themselves comfortable on the spacious rear deck, which was one level down. There was a credenza with a variety of liquids, alcoholic and non, to suit their tastes. He doubted they would heed any orders to relax, but went to join them and keep conversation moving.

"Work talk is forbidden until tomorrow. Indulge me with stories about the Romans and the Venetians and so on."

Sybil had hardly started on her tale about the Roman General Scipio when two figures appeared in chef's outfits, including the hats under which their hair had been pinned.

They began, all in French, "Oh, it is so sad, the Captain informs us the stewards have been dismissed for inappropriate sexual behavior and we are pressed into service for the evening meal. We will present the menu and then provide a song..."

It was sweet and cute and very distant from what they were about. The numbers girls had banished their worries and concentrated on making the first meal at sea a fine experience. After four courses had been served, Jay discovered that it was Sybil's idea and the food had been catered by her insurance friend from one of the best restaurants in Palma. The twins laughed and cleared and fell into happy embraces on the deck sofas.

Jay and Allan stole away to meet with Henry about the evening's activities. He was in the Navigator's cabin, just below the bridge, where there was a large map table, the primary radar scope, and other electronic gear.

Henry was short and direct. "We are in a circle at the moment, preparing to anchor just before sunset. The Zodiac engines have been tested, and it is waiting in the well. Our latest information from the air cargo people is that our shipment is on time and should be ready for delivery at 2100."

He continued, "Six mid-sized strapped boxes and just over one thousand pounds. Two trips should do it. I think it would be a good idea for you and Allan to be in rough clothes and ready to lend a hand if needed."

Two hours of quiet work and the delivery was done. Everything on the cargo manifest had been checked and was stored below, staged in several bedrooms. On a darkened bridge, Henry discussed with Jay whether to move or stay put until dawn.

"Our sailing orders show us in this general area for several days, with further information being provided while we are at sea. A typical tourist itinerary."

Jay said, "With today's surveillance equipment, we are not escaping any interested party's notice, but perhaps it would be best to move away from this location, which we might need again and would prefer that our opponents not know about."

It was agreed that Artemis would sail southeasterly in the dark hours, in the general direction of the small island of Cabrera.

In the meantime, Allan had been assisting the Twins and Arabella with setup of the communications gear, which was a formidable array of satellite and wireless links. Fina had a large notebook in which detailed notes were being recorded. Lisa, as she now wished to be called, was nudged frequently as she demonstrated solid experience with the work.

In a quiet moment, Allan pulled her down with him on one of the deck sofas. "You will be in so much trouble with your colleagues when they discover you spent nights at sea with a junior American spy! One who dumped his credentials for a job with the notorious Jay Manco."

With fingers rubbing the front of his trousers, she whispered very quietly in his ear, "Do you suppose I could apply for a job similar to yours?" She followed this with a sloppy tongue kiss and rubbed him harder.

Jennifer and Fina discovered them making out in the dark corner and dropped on top.

"Bad. We are working and you are romancing."

He gathered them in. The Three was now the Four and stretching his love making powers.

"Hush. Be good. If the Boss finds us, he will be angry."

A moment later, Jay's muscled bulk invaded their space. "What is this? Flashing lights over there and the four of you cuddled here?"

Lisa squirmed under his arm and kissed his face. "Thank your talented women. Those lights mean the equipment is successfully executing its startup scripts. Why, it is a veritable green garden of lights!"

Jay flinched, the damn Israelis had penetrated Green Garden. And someone more dangerous than he thought was nestled in his arms. His fingers toyed with hers and found a boob tip to pinch.

"What are the sleeping arrangements? Who is sleeping now and who is sleeping later? Henry tells me he will take the bridge watch until dawn."

Allan replied quickly, "Jennifer and I will take the watch until it begins to get light. You should take these two nymphs to the master bedroom and see that they sleep rather than play. Tomorrow will be busy."

"Good," he mumbled and walked off with a body on each hip. Jennifer straddled Allan's lap and kissed him hard. "He will be doing them in a moment. What about some loving for me?"

Somehow, her shorts and briefs had disappeared and his hand found only bare bottom. Her head was relaxed on his shoulder, over which he could see green lights flashing merrily. At least he hoped they were merry lights.

"He was very tight with you until I came along."

"We were having a fling. A very nice fling. I talked to him about you. He is an admirer of yours and said it was ok to transfer my affections but please do not get carried away. Junior spies like us have to stay alive."

She kissed him and mumbled, "I love you."

He was seriously hard but trapped in his rough pants, still on from the cargo movement. He thought of a tease.

"Why aren't we having the calm before the storm? This is incredibly hot pussy."

She solved the pants problem on her own, unbuttoning, unzipping and plunging herself down on the rampant shaft.

"Ahhh. Better, much better. You watch the lights and I will work you over. I am afraid I am falling for you."