The Layered World Pt. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, yes, I guess that is about it."

A scream came out of the phone, "Oh Tim! My dream house!"

In moments, a rough male voice came over the phone, "Jay! Are you there? This is totally destroying my decision process!"

Jay tried to do damage control, seizing the phone and saying, "Tim, your wife and my Israeli agent are making trouble already. But what she said is more or less what we are thinking. The premises here in town are overwhelmed by bodies..."

"Damn, damn, damn. I should have known my brilliant woman and yours would be no end of mischief. When can we have this social get together?"

When Jay looked around, Jennifer was going into handstand splits. Fortunately, with her shorts on. He asked, "Wiltshire soon?"

"The women here say their cottage in Wiltshire is available whenever you are."

It was quickly agreed that Saturday two days hence would be fine, and Lisa and Allyson would take care of arrangements.

Sybil and Sam looked shellshocked. The Four were in a laughing pile. Natalie and Kelly were poking Jay.

Natalie said, "You are not shipping us to the States right away, there is too much fun here. And a lot of work, too."

"We should turn Allyson and Lisa into real estate agents?"

Nodding, he said, "tell her."

He rose and gestured to Allan toward a corner. Bringing drinks, they found a small sofa. Jay began,

"Friendly smart devils, aren't they?"

"Yes, but we need to get the marching orders organized, don't we?"

"Precisely. It is too sexist and unfair for me to make you my number two, but you are too valuable to be far away. You need a title different from PA. Since you are a Finance guy, what about making you Head of Analytics? You can tease the three women. Or possibly Chief of Staff? Something that allows me to send you on any mission I choose?

Allan looked at him, "You are half serious, aren't you?

"More than half, and I don't mean to torture you. Does it suit your preference not to have a public title or persona?"

"Very much. After all, I signed up to be a spy."

"All right, talk it up with the others. Let's find a fit as we sort the new directions."

The next morning, Jay awoke to find four bodies staring at him with steaming coffee cups in hand. Already dressed for work. He couldn't remember this happening before.

"You are ordered to lie there and allow your PA's to take up their duties. Your micromanaging days are over."

He tried a frown and they frowned back. Sybil spoke first, "Do that compartmented thing and puzzle our path forward. It's more complicated now than insurance and investing."

On their way out of the bedroom, he was told, "Breakfast in an hour."

He focused on the off the cuff comments about his micromanagement. From the point of view of the PA's, he was almost always one jump ahead of their thinking, which must indeed seem like micromanagement. What if he turned to other matters for a while, and let them follow priorities on their own? They would still be in his bed in the evening, wouldn't they?

Chapter 47 - A New Role for Tricia

Smiling, he rose, showered and sought breakfast. Luckily, Tricia was in the kitchen, munching on croissant and giving him a warm smile. Kissing her cheek, he mumbled, "We need to talk."

From across the room, Kelly's voice asked, "Is he pestering you again, mother?"

"Darling daughter, when a man like Jay kisses your cheek and asks for time alone, there is only one response!"

"He tells me that he is endlessly entranced by your body, but I think this morning he actually has work in mind."

Pressing Tricia into him, he said, "She is correct. However, would you like a dinner out this evening?"

Before she could provide another kiss as a positive response, he said, "The daughter is in the middle of reviving a few billions and we must be nice. What about a mother-daughter duo for dinner?"

Clutching her arms around his neck, Tricia used her Hollywood voice, "Well, I never..."

Clasping her hand, he led them to the same quiet corner he had used with Allan. "Your talent is impressing everyone around you. You need to help design the new and public version of Jay Manco."

She relaxed and sat back on the sofa, a discreet distance between them. "Tell me more about new Jay Manco."

"Carefully, we must reshape his behavior and image from reclusive financial executive into a public figure at the head of his industry. Someone who is well informed and well spoken on matters of concern to his CEO peers, here and in other major financial centers."

"I have a role in this transformation? What do you wish me to do?" Her eyes sparkled, daring him to try something provocative.

Standing, he asked, "Would you like a walk in the Park? I'm dreadfully out of shape."

"Gladly, if you will allow me to get into better clothes and my sneakers."

They were the last to leave Sybil's apartment, the others having turned into worker bees and dispersed.

He was astonished to see her in a running tee and capris. The sneakers looked serious. She had a small backpack, which she said had her laptop and other essentials, including water.

"You must be my aunt from Philadelphia, who is a black sheep and doesn't conform to any decent standards, but is so filthy rich that she doesn't have to."

She squeezed his hand, "Would you allow me to play that role, if I wished to?" Her smile was almost a grin.

"Heavens no. The rich winemaker from California with Hollywood connections is more than I can handle."

"The rich winemaker has been missing you in her bed." His hand got more squeezes.

"I promise to reform, but we must talk work. We need a new resume for you, too. What if I had attended one of your wine seminars and been so impressed by your skills in promoting your wines that I immediately offered you the newly created position of Communications Director at Manco Enterprises? That's even mostly true, and the London tabloids will eat it up."

"She looked at him with twinkling eyes and suggested an alternative. "For now, let's create a new public affairs entity. That way, I can take on clients as I wish, and also continue as head of the wine company. Fina and Jen will go on the masthead as juniors. Dressed in London style miniskirts, they can decorate my press conferences."

The sun was poking through fluffy clouds and he held her hand as though they had something going. "You have a remarkable ability to raise my bet and call it to your advantage."

"Trying to chat me up, are you? I must ask Kelly for advice."

The remote bench they had found was surprisingly private.

She climbed into his lap and applied maximum kisses. "What do you think?"

His hands ran up under her skirt and squeezed. "I think I should take this hard ass to bed. But that has to wait. Your idea is better than mine. The Institute can be one of your first customers. Would you mind turning all this into a one pager for Tim? But don't let it go anywhere electronically. We can give it to him at Wiltshire."

While he was distracted, she quickly straddled his legs and extracted a hard cock. Pushing her unders to one side, they were coupled in a flash. She was well lubricated and hissed in his ear, "Take me, brute, I am very needy!"

Jay was bold about sex, but not this bold.

"Lover, much as I would like to finish this, we do not need to be caught in delicto here. Bounce yourself off me and we will continue at the apartment."

Fifteen minutes later, walking naked to his bed, anchored on his cock, she filled his ear with nasty threats and compliments. Even though it was work hours, she mentally justified her slutty behavior as needed respite for the busy executive. Besides, the big cock was bringing her off in a hurry.

"Yes, that's it. Ahhhh." Her wail filled the empty space. What a special thrill to get taken right in Sybil's apartment.

After a minute to recover, he rolled them. She smiled from on top, "You do take care of your women."

His fingers gently caressed her breasts, tweaking the nipples. "Not many men get great sex with great minds."

She took a deep breath and responded, "Not many women are welcomed into Jay Manco's bed."

She hopped to the floor, "Now I am showering and finding Sybil to see how to launch the new company."

Chapter 48 - Preparing for Wiltshire

Jay found himself alone for the first time in an age. His brain told him he had been getting good advice recently. He pondered the history of his flat organization, with no management between him and his PA's. It worked well before plane crashes and Jihadis killing his friends. Before active relationships with intelligence agencies. Before quasi-diplomatic ties to major clients and their governments. Perhaps most importantly, before his aggressive stance to repel Islamic radicalism.

He recognized that historically, he had not needed conventional staff work. The big brain took care of details. The smart PA's functioned in much the same way. Allan had already demonstrated an aptitude for taking care of what might be called digging in front details. Perhaps he could be de facto Chief of Staff. The non-pompous variety. The two of them could work out something of a plan and planning process. Tim would like that, having been forced over the years into the tortuous CIA staff processes. Allan could tell him with a smile that there was now an "enlightened" staff process.

Among things to worry about, first priority was reviving the insurance and investment businesses. That would go to the PA's, with Sybil taking the lead.

Second, was working level security, which belonged to Jennifer and Fina and included getting clean away from Orange.

Third, was creating the Institute, which they were about to address at Wiltshire on the weekend.

His reverie was interrupted by the arrival of Allan, who had been helping the Twins with Orange cleanup chores.

Jay stood to clasp hands and then feint at each other, smiling.

Jay had a new request. "This is between you and me and Hugh. I want a covert action assignment in the near future. Speak with Anthony and Tim for ideas. Figure out where our armory of gear is going to be stored, and begin to think about how we will handle very private transportation needs."

Allan was absorbing the request when Sybil and Jennifer appeared at their sides. "Male bonding?!"

For which they got hugs, kisses and a grope of the impressive chests.

"We were just putting the finishing touches on a scheme for total female submission..."

Sybil used her edgy voice, "Do not insult us. We just came over to report that the Saturday event is semi-organized. With Hugh and Emily, Tim and Allyson, Mark and nine others, that adds up to fifteen bodies for fewer than six beds. Should we assume a campout, or change the plan?"

Allan was quick to answer, "Do these females sleep on the ground when required? Isn't that the answer to your own question?"

Jennifer pushed him against the wall. "We will provide a list, and you will fill the new van from the Cotswold Outdoor store in Piccadilly!"

Chapter 49 - Tim and Allyson Add New Strength to the Team

Assembling the entourage of four vehicles necessary for group travel had been complicated, since Tim was still officially a senior CIA officer. There also was a need to keep the location of their country retreat private.

By midafternoon on Friday, the advance guard had arrived and was busy erecting several large umbrellas and other outdoor paraphernalia needed to support what had become a large meeting.

Lisa and Allyson were present, having spent the morning poking around estate houses for sale or rent. There were several candidates, all expensive. Allan was surrounded by attractive females in short shorts, being teased mercilessly. His growls were ignored, and his muscles demanded for various erecting chores.

Mark was driving the new van, with Hugh and Jay and Tim onboard. Their phones had been turned off to minimize tracking. Tim had joined them at the entrance to an Underground station, very dressed down. In a small case, he had a fancy phone that went directly, via an encrypted link, to an Agency satellite. "A necessary part of being the senior guy in London," he said.

The van got a lot of passerby attention and Tim commented, "The agency would never let me travel in this. I am signed out for vacation days, but of course an agent is never really off duty. Since the Wiltshire location is already in our file on you, I assume our meeting there is not a problem?"

Hugh and Jay looked at each other with smiles. "Tim, your success in keeping Jay Manco's whereabouts known to the Agency is a high point."

"Yes. Fat lot of good it did us when you were cavorting about on the Mediterranean."

"Your superiors were pleased with the end result?"

"Yes, although they are irritated that a full picture of events has not been constructed. For amateurs, you have done very well."

Jay remarked, "I suspect you have not been very forthcoming?"

"My lips are sealed. Everything is behind a TS wall."

"We don't mind that a bit, do we, Hugh?"

"No sir. And we are working to erase every last bit of Orange evidence."

Tim asked, "You have a veritable Fort Knox of funds stashed away. How is that to be safeguarded?"

Jay responded, "Originally, I told the Four that only they were to have knowledge of the Jihadi funds and our own. With the creation of the Institute and other activities, that must change. Your advice will be critical. By the way, is your lovely wife inclined to give her consent to your new position?"

"Ha! I knew you would be after me for that information. We lay in bed last night, thinking about the meeting today, and she pointed out that, with the funds available, we could just disappear to a comfortable destination and be entirely away from spy work."

Jay and Hugh looked at the compact, restless man in their vehicle and wondered about that. After a long pause, he continued,

"She was the one who said that hiding would not work. Didn't even hesitate to tell me the challenge you have offered is one I should take. She has a streak of Jewish toughness in her a mile wide. She also told me she wanted to meet your women to make sure of her first judgment."

Jay and Hugh said simultaneously, "Of course," and laughed.

Jay added, "This is a dangerous business. Adding Allyson may create an explosive mixture."

Tim smiled and said, "Seriously, she and Lisa are like twins already. She sent a text a few minutes ago saying there would be important choices at Wiltshire."

Hugh murmured, "Without dampening all that enthusiasm, they need to understand that a thorough security review is necessary."

Tim and Jay nodded and the three spent the rest of the drive in silence, pursuing their own thoughts about the issues in front of them. Jay pondered how he could play a minor role in shaping decisions, given the considerable talent present, but convey his feeling that agendas for the Institute, for Manco Enterprises, and for a covert action should move forward aggressively. Perhaps, with two about to be former CIA officers in their midst, he needn't worry.

By late afternoon, people and gear and provisions were under control. Camp chairs were in a semicircle and Jay introduced the agenda.

"This evening, everyone is to relax and socialize. Tomorrow is a work day, starting promptly at eight. But now, I am going to embarrass you by going around the circle by way of introduction. You must say where you were born, where you were educated, and how long you have been part of Manco Enterprises."

He added that males would speak last out of deference to the women present. This earned him the first of a series of frowns and smiles. Generous swallows of excellent white wine were consumed as Natalie began.

After the first minute, Jay realized that no one intended to speak truthfully. With each woman, the stories grew more outrageous. Kelly claimed to have been born in a cave in Montana where her mother and father had sought refuge from a terrible rainstorm.

Soon, everyone was laughing and ignoring Jay's instructions, which he thought was a fine result.

In a few minutes, with much more wine being consumed, Lisa appeared at his shoulder, saying, "Allyson needs to talk to you. Will you come over and sit with us?"

As they walked to the group of women, Jay noticed Tim ducking out, pulling the special phone from his pocket. Perhaps they were losing a still employed CIA Chief?"

There was a seat for him, with Allyson on one side and Sybil on the other. Allyson was looking serious, but the others were smiling. This is going to be some sort of torture, he thought.

Sybil began, "She can't believe what is going on. Says one man can't have this many loving friends who don't fight and get territorial. Also can't believe you would delegate a million pound real estate purchase."

There was a silence, after which Lisa said softly, "Please set her mind at rest."

Jay took Allyson's closest hand in his and asked, "You are still interested in joining us? It won't be all wine and roses, you know."

After a tense moment of silence, she exclaimed, "Jay! Those are the very same words Timothy used when he proposed over twenty years ago! 'Wine and roses,' were the very words!"

After another silence, she said, "Of course, we are going to sign up..."

Lisa interrupted, "Girl, you must get conditions now. You are being recruited!"

"Yes, conditions," echoed around the circle.

At this tender moment, Tim reappeared with an expression that meant only one thing.

He said, quietly, "Major alarm, they wouldn't say what. I am needed at the Embassy immediately."

Allyson was already on her feet, walking away and poking in her purse for keys. "I'll drive."

He stopped, turned her around, and said, "No, you must stay as our representative. You have my proxy. You said yourself that important decisions must be made!"

She hugged and kissed him in a familiar way, showing the support of a spouse who bought into this lifestyle many years ago.

He gestured to Jay and they walked to the car together. "It's unusual for Langley to do this, but not unprecedented. They are in an awkward position, with my resignation in hand, but a new station chief not arrived. There is a long tradition of contact relief, and I will follow it. Hopefully, I'll be able to return by morning."

That didn't sound likely, but they both knew that when the balloon goes up, you do what is necessary. Jay wished him luck and turned back to the meeting.

(Continued in Part 12)

Author's Note: This part of The Layered World was written before the recent outbreak of violence in the Middle East. The plot of the story is unfortunately all too close to real life events and it would be untimely to continue while lives are at risk and being lost. Layered World is suspended until it is reasonable to continue. - Sierra

12