The Letter of Destruction

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Jonathan, I know we are not getting back together, and you'll never be able to trust me again, but I wanted to apologize and beg you to forgive me. I realize now what I did and how much I hurt you. My life was so different, and I was a spoiled woman without a care in the world. I felt entitled and justified in my actions back then, and never even thought about how you would react. Now I know what I've done and what I've put you through, and I am so sorry.

If there was a way to take it all back, I would do it in a second. Losing you was the worst thing that's ever happened to me, and I miss you and your love so much it hurts. I've grown up over this last year, and when I look back, I can't believe I was that stupid and threw everything away because of my selfish, righteous attitude. I'm so sorry for screwing things up and I beg you find it in your heart to forgive me. I'll always love you, Jonathan, and I want you to know that you were the perfect husband."

Her confession was heartfelt, and I knew that, in time, I might be able to forgive her. I would never stop loving her. She was my life, and I'd loved her for so many years, that kind of love you can't just turn off. Zoe was still a beautiful woman and I felt certain it wouldn't be long before someone took her home, and she started a new life. I hoped she'd learned her lesson and would remain faithful when that happened.

They fired Jamie from the club, and he ended up moving to South Carolina, where a small club on Hilton Head gave him an assistant tennis pro gig. It only took him a month before he got right back to his old tricks and started going after the married women. However, the boys in South Carolina are a little less forgiving than they are in the big city. When he got caught with the wife of one of the good-ole-boys, things didn't end well.

A month later the local newspaper reported an alligator attack on the golf course over the weekend and, the photos showed an arm in one of the 17-foot gators' mouths. Poor Jamie must have gone for a run near the lake and 'accidently' got snagged by one of them gators. Finally, Jamie was no longer the predator and had become the prey.

During one of my lonely nights reflecting our happy times together as a family, I read a passage that gave pause: "A MAN'S BIGGEST MISTAKE IS GIVING ANOGHER MAN AN OPPORTUINTY TO MAKE HIS WOMAN SMILE." I will never make that mistake again.