The Link Pt. 03: The Huntress

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Any more coffee?" Mr. Lewis asked. We all declined, and he began collecting the cups on the table. I noticed that he was the last of the kitchen staff. I guessed it was to delay his return to a cell.

"I just wish I knew how Goodfellow is doing it," Landing said. "It's hard to trust peace when I don't know how it's made."

"She has an angel at her side," Lewis said. We all looked at him, and he smiled at us. It was the first he had interjected himself in our conversation. Normally, I would have thought it inappropriate.

"An angel?" Landings said with a chuckle.

"As strange as it sounds, it's true," Lewis said to the General.

"And you know this how?" Landings asked, his grin growing. Lewis wasn't smiling.

"I spent eighteen years trying to kill her," Lewis said, which removed Landings' smile. "In the end, I destroyed the only thing that could have stopped her." He shrugged his shoulders, "Thus I find myself here cooking for you. A punishment that can never measure up to my crimes."

"You're pulling our legs," I said.

"Yeah, and peace on earth is nothing but a dream," Lewis said, then headed back to the kitchen.