The Long Road to Understanding Ch. 07

Story Info
More evidence that Marsha is cheating with Leon.
1.1k words
47.8k
6
0

Part 7 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 06/20/2003
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
K.K.
K.K.
3,038 Followers

Chapter 7: The Lunch Date

The following Thursday I was expecting a shipment of large screen televisions and entertainment centers at the store. Around ten o'clock that morning I got a call from the distributor telling me that the shipment had been delayed and would not arrive at my store until around seven o'clock that evening.

It has always been my practice to be at the store when a shipment of expensive merchandise arrived so that I can make sure that the merchandise wasn't damaged in transit and that everything on the bill of lading was accounted for. When I realized that I was going to have to stay late at the store that night I decided to surprise Marsha and take her out to lunch. I left the store around 11:30 so that I could get to Marsha's office before noon. It took me twenty minutes to drive across town to her office and I was sitting, waiting for the traffic light to change so I could make a left turn into the parking lot at Marsha's office building, when I noticed a black BMW sitting right in front of the door to her building.

As soon as I saw the car I thought 'that looks like Leon's BMW, and at the very moment I saw Marsha come out of her building and get into the car. I could not believe what was happening. I was still stuck at the light as I watched the car exit the parking lot onto a side street and disappear from my view.

By the time the light changed and traffic cleared so that I could make my left turn, the car was gone and I had no idea where it was going. I tried calling Marsha on her cell phone but got no answer, so I just left a message for her to call me.

I drove home to see if that is where they might be going but she wasn't, so I waited at the house for a while then drove back to the store. I went into my office and closed the door so that I could have some privacy. My employees know that when my door is closed they are not to disturb me. Within the quiet confines of my office I was able to step back from the emotion of the moment and think things through in a calm, rational manner.

At first I was angry and hurt, but then I began to think that maybe I was over reacting. Maybe it wasn't Leon. Maybe the car I saw belonged to someone she worked with. Then I began to try and convince myself that it might not even have been Marsha that I saw getting into the car. Maybe I just thought it was Marsha because of the state of mind I'd been in. After all I was over 200 yards away from the building, how could I be sure from that distance. Somehow I managed to talk myself out of believing what I had seen.

A little after two o'clock Marsha called and said, "I got your message, what's up?"

I said, "I came over to your office at lunch time to see if you wanted to go to lunch with me but you weren't there." I didn't bother to tell her what I thought I had seen.

Marsha said, "Oh, you should have called earlier. A sales rep from one of the companies we buy from took me to lunch. I am sorry you missed me."

Things were beginning to spin around in the back of my mind confusing me even more. I was in no condition to be trying to question Marsha about her lunch date so I said, "No problem. Just wondered where you were. By the way, I have a shipment coming in at seven tonight so I'll be a little late getting home."

Marsha said, "Okay, I'll see you at home. I love you."

Marsha always ended phone conversations with me by saying, "I love you." This time it seemed a little hollow to me.

As I hung up the phone I was wondering if Marsha had just lied to me and then I remembered that Leon was a salesman for a luggage manufacturer. Then things got a little clearer. That was how this all may have started, they met at work. Why hadn't I though of that before. As a buyer Marsha probably met Leon through work. Now I began to wonder how long this had been going on. Did this all start before our trip to Las Vegas?

I had to calm myself down so that I could think logically and without all the emotion about this whole mater. But I still couldn't make sense of it. I thought that possibly Marsha wasn't lying about where she was at lunch. Leon is a salesman and he may very well have taken her to lunch and maybe that was all there was too it. At any rate there was nothing I could do about it at that moment.

When I finally got home from work that night Marsha had my dinner ready and was every bit as loving a wife as she had ever been. She didn't seem nervous or act like she felt guilty about anything.

While Marsha was cleaning the kitchen I slipped upstairs and checked the clothes she had been wearing for evidence that she might have had sex that afternoon, but I found nothing. While none of this meant anything it made me feel a little better, I could continue to tell myself that my suspicions were wrong. Marsha was not sneaking around behind my back. I decided that I did not have enough evidence to even talk to her about my concerns, so I would have to continue on as if nothing was wrong.

Things went on this way for a while longer. We continued going to the club and each time I would try to find a way to catch Leon and Marsha together, but I realized that even if I walked in on them while they were fucking it didn't prove anything. After all, even if there were nothing going on between them, they would probably end up in bed together occasionally at the club. I would have to find evidence that there was something more going on between them than an occasional fuck at the club. Evidence that they had been together outside of club activities would be all the proof I needed to at least be able to confront Marsha about my suspicions.

I was beginning to think that I would never catch them and almost resigned myself to the fact that I would just have to live with this until Marsha and Leon tired of each other or she tired of me.

K.K.
K.K.
3,038 Followers
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Separate Vacations Keeping running shoes under the bed.in Loving Wives
Zero Tolerance Ch. 01 Problems begin in a loving marriage.in Loving Wives
Susan Ch. 01 Jamie deals with his beautiful but difficult wife.in Loving Wives
Who Needs Humiliation Ch. 01 Husband has to go away to school for a month.in Loving Wives
Man in the Mirror Ch. 01 A man questions his worth when he catches his wife cheating.in Loving Wives
More Stories