The Long Road to Understanding Ch. 08

Story Info
More evidence of Marsha's cheating.
4.8k words
56.8k
8
0

Part 8 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 06/20/2003
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
K.K.
K.K.
3,052 Followers

Chapter 8: The Last Piece of Evidence

Every year on Memorial Day Marsha and I host our first cook out of the year. We invite a few neighbors and friends from work over and have a few drinks and burn some steaks on the grill. When Marsha suggested that we invite Chilly and Leon this year I almost said no but thought better of it. I had no reason I could give Marsha for not inviting them so I agreed.

The day turned out to be beautiful with bright sunshine and temperatures in the high seventies. When Marsha came out of the house to help me get things set up before our guest started to arrive I noticed that she was wearing a pair of tight white shorts. I had seen her in these shorts many times before and always liked the way she looked in them, what struck me this time was that I could see that she was wearing red panties under them. It wasn't terribly obvious but it was easy to see the red shadow through her white shorts.

I said, "Are you sure you want to wear red panties under those shorts?"

Marsha said, "Do they show through? Well I have to wear them. All of my white panties are in the laundry and anything else I have would show through even more. And besides, who cares if you can see the outline of my panties through my shorts. I am sure none of the men will complain."

I said, "I guess you're right," and we both laughed about it.

That afternoon we had about twenty people talking, drinking, eating and milling around the yard and I wasn't trying to keep track of any of them but at one point, while I was cooking steaks I looked around and didn't see Marsha anywhere. Then I looked for Leon and could not see him either. I wanted to go looking for them but I was in the middle of cooking the steaks and serving them to our guests. When I had served all of the steaks that were done and had thrown five more on the grill I took another look around and spotted Leon sitting in a lawn chair drinking a beer, but I still didn't see Marsha. I wondered if Leon had been sitting there all along and I just didn't see him before or had he been in the house with my wife and I just didn't see him return.

I was upset but not angry. How could I be angry when I no proof that anything improper had happened. A few minutes later I saw Marsha come out of the house. Marsha wasn't acting in any way that should make me suspicious so I decided to ignore my over active imagination and get back to cooking the steaks.

Most of the guests left around 6:30 that evening but there were a few left, two of our neighbors and Leon and Chilly. We were starting to clean up the yard with the help of the remaining guests when the sky suddenly clouded up and it began to rain. We all hurried into the house and sat with a drink and waited out the brief shower.

When the rain stopped Chilly and Leon went home leaving us with just our neighbors. Shortly after Chilly and Leon left the sun came back out so we decided to go back outside. I grabbed a couple of towels to dry the chairs off and Marsha fixed a snack tray and drinks.

I was still drying chairs when Marsha came out with her tray of goodies. When I looked over at her she was already starting to sit and I yelled, "Don't sit yet I haven't dried that chair yet."

I was too late. I told her to get up so I could dry the chair but Marsha just said, "No point in drying the chair now, I am already wet. I guess I won't melt."

The six of us sat and talked for about an hour then our neighbors decided it was time to go home. We all got up to go back to the house and I noticed that Marsha's white shorts had soaked through making them transparent. I could clearly see her beautiful ass as she headed toward the house. I had to stop her before our neighbors got a view of her from behind.

I grabbed her by the arm and said, "Wait a minute."

She turned and looked at me and I leaned close to her ear and told her about the condition of her shorts. Marsha looked a little embarrassed. She walked the rest of the way to the house a little behind everyone and tried to make sure that she stood so that no one would get a look at her from behind. As soon as our guests left Marsha said she was going upstairs to put on dry pants.

When she came back down she was wearing her silk pajamas. I was sitting on the sofa watching television and she came and sat next to me.

Smelling her body and see her breasts through the loose fitting pajama top began to arouse me. I slipped my hand inside her top and gently squeezed her breast and teased the nipple between my fingers. Then I leaned over and kissed her, and found that Marsha was just as ready to play as I was, so I opened her top and removed it so that I could suck on her nipples. Marsha responded by reaching her hand between my legs and squeezing and rubbing my cock through my pants.

I slipped my hand inside her panties and started to finger her pussy as we kissed, entangling our tongues. As my excitement grew I pulled her pajamas off leaving Marsha in just her red panties. For a moment as I looked at her something felt wrong, but I could not put my finger on what it was that bothered me and soon my need for sex took control and I stripped off Marsha's panties and clamped my mouth on her pussy and sucked her to a quick orgasm.

After her orgasm Marsha had me sit on the sofa and she sat on my lap, taking my stiff cock inside her. Once I was completely inside her she began to move slowly up and done on my shaft. The feelings this produced were exquisite.

When I felt that I was getting close to climaxing I had Marsha get on the floor on her knees and I got behind her and pushed myself inside and began to slam my cock into her fast and hard. It was not long after that we both climaxed and collapsed on the floor.

The next day I was sitting in my office at the store, thinking about the events of the day before. I was laughing to myself as I remembered Marsha's wet pants and how embarrassed she was when I told her about them. It was at that moment that I realized that I had missed something important. I thought about the odd feeling I had when I saw Marsha sitting on the sofa in her red panties.

Suddenly knew why I had felt something was wrong. It was the panties. She had been wearing those panties under her white shorts when the party started but when her shorts got wet she wasn't wearing any panties at all. How could I have missed that? As soon as our guests left, Marsha when upstairs to put on dry clothes and came back down with the red panties on again.

So, when did she take those panties off and why? And was she trying to fool me into thinking she had been wearing them all along by putting them back on under her pajamas?

I began to feel that I had all the proof I needed to confront her but I needed to make sense of it. I took a legal pad out of my desk and started writing a list of the thoughts running around in my head.

Once I had these ideas on paper I rearranged them into more lists. I had a list of things I knew to be true. This consisted of things I had been told by Marsha, Leon, and Chilly and things I had seen for myself. Then I had a list of observations I made that could be open to interpretation, and finally I made a list of things that were just pure guesses on my part.

I reordered the lists several times until I could see the pattern forming. I ended up changing some of my guesses but most everything else I had been thinking fit the facts.

I was upset to find that I had proven myself right. I felt betrayed and angry and knew that I had to do something about it. I thought about confronting Marsha when we got home from work that night but I decided to do something else instead.

I called Chilly at work but she wasn't in. I was told that she had the day off so I called her house. Chilly answered and I asked if Leon was home. Chilly said, "I am sorry George, Leon is on the road today. He won't be home till quite late tonight."

I said, "Actually, it's you I want to talk to. Can I come over?"

"Sure, but what is this about?"

I said, "I don't want to talk about this on the phone. I'll be there in a half hour."

Chilly said, "Okay. I'll be here."

I closed up my office and told my assistant manager that I would be out for the rest of the day and I headed over to Chilly's house.

Chilly answered the door on the first ring and I followed her into the house. She had made coffee and poured us both a cup and we sat at her kitchen table to talk. Chilly spoke first, "Now what was so important that you couldn't tell me on the phone?"

I said, "I don't know how to begin so I will just say this straight out. Leon and Marsha are having an affair."

Chilly's eyes opened wide in surprise and she said, "What are you talking about?"

I said, "Leon and Marsha have been sneaking around behind our backs and having an affair."

Chilly just looked at me in disbelief and said, "They are not having any affair. What on earth ever gave you that idea?"

I said, "It's complicated but let me explain."

Chilly shook her head but said, "Okay, I'll listen, but this is impossible."

I got up and began pacing around the room as I talked. I said, "Okay, here it is. First of all, when we met you and Leon in Las Vegas Marsha supposedly didn't know either of you, but I know that you all went to college together at the U Mass. I believe that Marsha and Leon knew each other in college and were probably lovers.

"Second, and I don't know how I missed this connection before, Marsha buys merchandise for sale in her companies department stores so it is quite likely that Leon would have met with Marsha on a sales call. I believe Leon came to Marsha's office on business and they ended up rekindling their college romance."

I watched Chilly's expression as I talked, she was almost smiling, and I could see she still didn't believe me.

I said, "And I am sure our meeting in Las Vegas was not a coincidence. Leon set that up with Marsha."

Chilly said, "Why would they do that?"

I said, "The whole thing was a set up to get me to try swinging with you and Leon and then to con me into joining the club. Marsha never had any interest in going to Las Vegas before but then one night I come home to find that she has not only decide that she would like to go to Vegas but she has already made the reservations.

"When we first met, Leon told me that he recognized me from my store. He said that he bought his entertainment center from me. I saw that entertainment center when Marsha and I came over here and I know he didn't but it from me because I never carried that line of products in my store. Why would he lie about it?"

Chilly said, "But why would they do that? If they wanted to have an affair they could have done it without going to all that trouble?

I said, "They wanted to get me to join the club, that way they could get together every week and neither of us would suspect anything. Didn't you ever wonder how we always seemed to be at the club the same nights that you and Leon were there? Leon had to know when we were going to be there so he could be sure that you two were there.

"Their plan was working pretty good until a few weeks ago when I decided to surprise Marsha and take her out to lunch. When I got to her building I saw Leon's car in the parking lot and I saw Marsha get into the car and drive away."

Chilly said, "You actually saw Leon?"

I said, "No. I saw his BMW but I was too far away to see inside the car."

"Then how can you be sure it was Leon?"

I said, "Because, when I asked Marsha where she was at lunch she said she went out to lunch but didn't tell me who she was with."

"That's not much proof that it was Leon."

"I am not done yet. Do you remember what Marsha was wearing at the cook at on Memorial Day? The white shorts?"

Chilly looked puzzled. "Yes, why?"

"Did you notice that you could see her panties through the shorts?"

Chilly laughed and said, "Yes."

Then I told her how I had noticed that Marsha and Leon seemed to be missing from the party for a while and about how I noticed that she wasn't wearing her panties when her pants got wet. I didn't mention that I didn't catch this detail until the next day.


I could tell that I had gotten Chilly's attention. I said, "Let me just run this by you again to make sure you understand everything I am saying. I believe that Marsha and Leon met in college and had a sexual relationship. Something happened and they broke up, possibly when Leon met you.

"Then after a few years passed Leon goes to make a sales call and runs into Marsha. They discover that there is still a spark there so they have an affair. After a while they decide that they don't like all of the sneaking around and the lying so Leon comes up with the idea of getting me to join the club so that he and Marsha can fuck any time they want without the problems of a typical affair.

"In order to make this work they had to come up with a way we could all meet that wouldn't make me suspicious. Arranging for us to meet in Las Vegas and pretending that they didn't know each other was the idea they came up with. Then they used the fact that the two of you were into swinging to close the deal."

Chilly said, "Wow. You really believe this?"

I said, "Yes I do and they did a great job on me. Marsha even managed to keep me believing that gong to Vegas was really my idea and that she just finally gave in set it up for us. Then she managed to make me believe that swinging with you and Leon was my idea and she just went along because it was something I wanted. She did the same thing with the club. She convinced me that it I was the one who wanted to join and that it was always my choice if we stayed in or quit. Marsha did a beautiful job of manipulating me.

I probably would never have been sure about any of this if I hadn't seen Marsha get in to Leon's car and then the incident with the red panties at the cook out was the clincher."

I sat down and watched Chilly. She was quiet for a few minutes and then she said, "I can see why you would believe that but I am not convinced yet. I would like to investigate this a little myself before I say anything to Leon. Will you promise not to say anything to Marsha until I talk to you again? Maybe I can clear this whole thing up or worse case, confirm your suspicion."

I said, "I guess another day or two won't make any difference. I'll wait to hear from you."

Chilly walked me to the door and I said, "I hope your right and I am wrong but I don't have much hope of that." The expression on Chill's face was one of concern. I wondered if she was concerned because she thought I had lost my mind or was it because she was worried that I might be right. I gave Chilly a kiss on the cheek and then left.

I was headed back to the store when I remembered that I told my assistant manager that I wouldn't be back. Not wanting to talk to anyone, I decide to go someplace and have a drink. I went to a little bar near my store that I go to occasionally and ordered a beer. I sat and slowly drank my beer while I tried to decide how I would handle the confrontation I was sure I was going to have with Marsha. When my bottle was empty I debated having another but decided to go home instead.

On the drive home I thought about how I would deal with Marsha that evening. I wasn't sure I could pretend that nothing was wrong so decided to say that I wasn't feeling well and just keep quiet all evening and hope that Chilly would call me the next day and let me know whatever she found out. I couldn't keep this act up for very long.

I was still thinking about this when I turned the corner onto my street and saw the black BMW parked across the street from my house. I felt my anger begin to build. I wondered if Chilly would believe me now. I decide to sneak into the house and try to catch them in the act, so instead of parking in the driveway I parked on the street in front of my neighbor's house. I walked around to the back of the house and let myself into the garage and from the garage I was able to quietly open the door into the kitchen.

As I stepped quietly into the kitchen I heard Marsha's voice coming from the living room. She was saying, "I don't know. I never expected this to happen."

I didn't hear anyone else and I wondered if she was talking to Leon or was she on the phone.

Then I heard Marsha again, "I don't want this to end either." That was the kicker. I felt those words in the same manner I would have felt a punch in the stomach.

That was all I could take so I quickly move through the kitchen and into the living room.

Imagine my surprise at finding Marsha sitting and talking with Chilly.

My sudden appearance in the room startled both Marsha and Chilly to the point were they both let out little screams.

I looked at Chilly and said, "You told me to wait so that you could come over her and tell Marsha what I told you?"

Chilly said, "You don't understand."

I said, "I don't understand?"

Then Marsha said, "No you don't."

"Well then someone please explain."

Chilly stared to say something but Marsha put her hand up and said, "Let me."

Then Marsha turned to me and said, "You're right, Chilly told me everything you told her. She called me at work and said we needed to talk so I told her to meet me here."

I said, "She told you everything?" I looked from Marsha to Chilly.

Chilly nodded yes and Marsha said, "Everything."

I stared at Marsha and asked, "So are you going to try and deny it?"

Marsha looked down at the floor and said, "No. You had it all right. We knew each other in college and we were lovers. The relationship ended when Leon and Chilly started talking about getting married. We ran into each other again last year and it started again. The Las Vegas trip was a trick just as you figured and everything you said about me making you believe these things were your idea is true."

It's funny that in spite of my anger I was still able to feel proud of myself for figuring it all out. I was beginning to lose interest in what Marsha was saying as my thoughts were now on how I should deal with it.

Marsha made a quick glance toward Chilly and then back to me and said, "Everything you told Chilly was true... except for one thing."

That last statement brought my attention back to what Marsha was saying. I said, "What one thing?"

"It wasn't Leon I was having the affair with, it was Chilly."

I was stunned. I tried to talk but couldn't find any words to express the confusion in my mind at that moment.

Marsha went on, "I knew Chilly in college and we had a sexual relationship. I had never met Leon until he came to my office on a sales call last year. When I found out he was Chilly's husband, I told him I knew Chilly in college and asked him for her phone number. I called Chilly and we arranged to meet for lunch. Once we saw each other again we knew we had to be together whenever we could so I came up with this whole plan. I thought that Chilly and I could have our time together at the club and you would never have to know about us, and until today I thought my plan was working perfectly."

When I was finally able to speak I said, "So all this was so that the two of you could have a lesbian relationship?"

Marsha mad a face when I said that and said, "I don't think of myself as a lesbian. I don't prefer women over men. I have never been attracted to any other woman, only Chilly. I love you and since we met I have not had sex with any other man except for the times you know of when I was with Leon in Vegas and at their house and that guy at the club on our first night."

I said, "In all our visits to the club you never had sex with any of the other men there?"

"No. It was always just Chilly and me."

I said, "Was Leon in on this deception?"

Marsha said, "Not really. Leon doesn't know about Chilly and me."

K.K.
K.K.
3,052 Followers
12