The Marine Bk. 02 Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How long do you intend on travelling for?"

"Perhaps two weeks at most. We might choose to extend if we can stretch our budget."

He took one last look at our passports before glancing back at us. After stamping both, he wished us a good holiday and waved us through. Anna took a deep breath during the short drive to the Finnish side of the border. Passing the passports to the security guard, I pointed him to the visa's we had for our stay in the EU and answered any questions he had.

"Enjoy your stay in Finland," he told us, handing back the passports.

Once I had the car a couple of kilometres away from the border, I pulled over to the side of the road to stretch our legs. Anna leapt on me, hugging me tightly, kissing my cheek and crying as I held her. I knew she'd been a bundle of nerves since waking up that morning. Fishing out my phone, I turned it on and called Jennifer immediately.

"I won't say you had me worried, Nate, but I'm guessing it wasn't an easy thing."

"I'll make a full report later, Jen. But I'm nowhere near Helsinki right now."

"Give me your position. I'll call in assets, so you don't have to drive if you're far away. What's your position?"

"We've just crossed nearest Kuusamo. That's the Finnish side of the border."

She was silent for at least thirty seconds. "Nate, what the hell are you doing that far north?"

Looking at Anna, perching herself against the front of the car, I smiled at her. "She was being watched, Jen. Just getting out of St. Petersburg wasn't easy. Taking the ferry back wasn't an option."

"Head to Kuusamo and the local airport. I'll call in assistance and get air transport sent in your direction." Pausing, she added, "Is she okay, Nate?"

"She's just fine, Jen. I told her I'd get her out of Russia, and I've done just that."

"Sleep with her?"

"Yeah."

"She no doubt needed your comfort and reassurance, Nate. I bet she was terrified."

"She was."

"Look after her until we get there. Stay safe for now."

"I'll see you soon, Jen."

I wasn't surprised that she'd more than likely arrive with whatever sort of transport she could organise. Letting Anna know that we wouldn't have to drive all the way south made her smile, giving me another hug before we got back in the car and headed west towards Kuusamo. The airport wasn't far from the town centre and not particularly busy. Checking flights, I wasn't surprised to see there was only a couple of flights to and from Helsinki, figuring there'd be seasonal flights to a place like this at most.

Without tickets or boarding passes, we couldn't pass through security control, sending a message to Jennifer that we'd arrived at the airport. Without a response, I smiled to myself, assuming she was already in the air heading towards us. As we waited, Anna cuddled into my side, wrapping an arm around her. No longer frightened, I knew she was just thankful to be safe and sound.

We'd been waiting a couple of hours when we were approached by both Finnish police and security guards. Anna sat up and grabbed my hand tightly, fear written all over her face. "Are you Nicholas Stevens?" one of them asked.

"I am."

"And this is Anna Petrova?" She didn't reply, only able to nod, feeling how nervous she was. Thankfully, all the Finns smiled at her. "We've received word that you both are needing transport south. Your plane is currently on the way. It should be here in another hour or two. If you'd like to pass through security, we can seat your somewhere more comfortable."

Grabbing our things, we passed through security without having to go through everything, taking a seat in an office, guards returning within a few minutes with some coffee and snacks for us. I wasn't surprised our next visitors were even more police who had likely been fed either a bloody good cover story or been vaguely informed of what was going on. Perhaps the most exciting thing that had happened in Kuusamo in years.

Anna was napping on one of the lounges when the door opened again. Jennifer strode in, heading straight for me first, hugging me tightly, before she turned and looked at Anna. She stood up and walked towards me. Taking her hand, Jennifer couldn't stop herself from smiling. "You felt safe straight away?" Anna nodded, noticing her smiling too. "You've taken a big risk doing this. Why?"

"There are plenty who don't want a war. I will do what I can to stop it but staying in Russia was simply untenable. I was being watched and I knew, sooner or later, I would find myself silenced one way or another." She took a deep breath. "What will happen to me now?"

"We'll fly back to Helsinki and give you a day or two to catch your breath. From there we'll fly back to London. Once we land, you'll first be giving a statement to British Intelligence then we'll hand you over to the Americans. That sounds worse than it is. Trust me on this, the Americans will be doing everything they can to make your life very comfortable if the information you've brought is as good as we anticipate it is."

"It may not prevent a war though it may help Ukraine in the end."

The flight to Helsinki only took a couple of hours by private jet, Anna visibly relaxing once we were in the air. Arriving in the Finnish capital, we had an escort to the hotel we would be basing ourselves until we departed. As soon as we were back in the room, Jennifer and I both started communicating, allowing Anna to sit back and relax.

Sticking to the hotel for dinner that evening, it was amusing later that evening when it came to sleeping arrangement. The three of us had a shower first before I walked out last to find Anna to one side on the large bed, Jennifer to the other. "No sex tonight," I was told by Jennifer, "But while Anna is feeling a lot safer, she'll feel even safer cuddling with you all night."

"And you?"

"I always want cuddles with you."

Nothing happened that evening except I was cuddled by two gorgeous women. The next morning was a different matter, the two women discussing things like I wasn't even there, Anna the first to slowly stroke my cock before there was a suggestion that they take turns riding me, hoping I could cum in each of them once before breakfast.

Anna eagerly hopped onto my cock, slowly sinking down before resting her hands on my chest and slowly riding me. Jennifer cuddled into my side, watching my newest lover enjoying herself immensely. I knew Anna was in her early forties by now though I wouldn't have put her past thirty-five. Her smile never wavered as she rode me faster and faster, whipping out the Russian in sheer enjoyment.

"She is beautiful," Jennifer whispered, "And she seems to know your cock already."

"I couldn't help myself," Anna moaned, "I felt safe with him immediately, and sharing a bed..." Leaning down to kiss me, I caressed her cheek before running my fingers through her hair. "I know I won't see you again once we're split up, so I want to remember the next few days."

Anna enjoyed a couple of orgasms before she rolled onto her back and begged me to fuck her, no doubt realising I was close to orgasm. She held onto me after I came inside her, continuing to pump away into her as she smiled again, realising I hadn't gone anywhere close to soft. Wrapping her legs tight, she whispered into my ear how great I felt inside her before suggesting that my other lover was eagerly waiting for me.

After making love with Jennifer, Anna lying next to us and commenting how wonderful we looked together, we showered together and dressed, heading downstairs for breakfast, before returning to the room and getting down to work. In addition to information Anna had managed to bring out of Russia on USBs, she had plenty of information stored in her mind. Jennifer and I spent the entire day taking information both verbally and in written form to pass onto the people back at the Org.

Visibly relaxing during the day, I suggested we head out into Helsinki that evening after Jennifer had organised transportation home. Wanting to ensure we all got home safe and sound, she called in a couple of favours from UK intelligence agencies who were made aware of the asset we would be arriving with. To hear they almost fell over themselves to assist us did make me chuckle.

Before heading out, Jennifer coloured Anna's hair and gave her contacts to change the colour of her eyes. Very simple things that wouldn't pass heavy scrutiny though I was confident enough that no-one would give Anna a second glance except to think she was an attractive woman. I was pleased to see she relaxed during the evening, enjoying her conversations with Jennifer, though was eager to return to the hotel room early, aware it would likely be our last night together.

After making love with her, she enjoyed her first experience with a woman, Jennifer eagerly getting between her legs to eat her out and enjoy some of my cum while I fucked her. Anna's eyes met mine as I pumped into Jennifer. "I didn't expect this when thinking of my escape," she moaned.

"We like to look after people however we can," Jennifer moaned, glancing back and gazing at me, "Fuck me, handsome. Then you need to fuck Anna one last time... Hmmm, maybe you should fuck her in the morning and leave a couple of loads inside her."

Waking the next morning with Anna between Jennifer and myself, Anna was spooned back against me, Jennifer caressing her face and whispering reassuring words that she would be safe once we were in the UK. Jennifer dressed and disappeared for breakfast, giving Anna and I some privacy as we made love for what I assumed would be the final time. After we enjoyed a mutual orgasm, we cuddled as she needed a little cry. "I haven't felt this good in such a long time," she admitted, "I would have loved to have met someone like you under different circumstances."

"At least we've had this short time together, Anna. Something to remember."

"Definitely."

Jennifer returned with breakfast for us before we showered, dressed and packed. Heading to Helsinki Airport, we avoided the main building, taking a separate entrance. I wasn't surprised that we were greeted by some 'friends' who, after checking our credentials and checking Anna's identification, we were driven towards a hangar where a private jet was waiting for us.

Thankfully, they left Anna alone during the flight, allowing her to relax in the seat next to me, Jennifer sitting opposite, hard at work on her laptop. She'd occasionally glance up and smile at me, her eyes flicking to Anna, who was resting her head against my shoulder, body turned towards me, her hand resting on my chest.

Landing at London City Airport, the jet was taken to a hangar far away from prying eyes. Anna held my hand tightly as I escorted her onto the ground, finding that we were being greeted by both British and American agents. Feeling her hand gripping me tighter, two men approached me, showing me their credentials first.

"We don't know exactly who you are so that tells us it's a need-to-know thing," the American stated, "But we have all the information which was deemed necessary regarding the extraction of Ms Petrova. Do you need further time with her?"

"Agent Muller?" I asked.

"Our chief is pleased with the information we've gathered, and he assures you that he can pass it on. We have no further use for Ms Petrova."

It sounded callous but that was the way of the world. Feeling Anna grip my hand tighter; I glanced around to see everyone could see how she was reacting. They wouldn't know everything about the operation, but the fact I'd gone into Russia to get her would explain why she saw me as her safety net. "Can you just give us a couple of minutes before she joins you?"

"Of course."

Everyone left us alone, Jennifer standing in front of us on her phone, as we turned to each other. Anna smiled though her lower lip trembled, taking her in my arms and holding her tight. "You're safe now, and you knew this wouldn't last forever," I said softly.

"I know. Despite the dangers, it's also been quite fun. Never thought I'd say that."

"I'm going to give you an email address and phone number. Think you'll remember them?"

"I have a very good memory, Nick. I won't forget either of them."

After giving her both, I lifted her chin with a finger. "You're a very brave woman, Anna Petrova. I can only hope that everything you've now sacrificed is worth it. And if you ever find yourself in difficulty, just call that number. I'll do what I can to help."

Kissing her softly, she smiled at me one last time before I led her by hand towards the waiting agents. Explaining the procedure that she would have to go through, she replied that she understood but assured them that the information she had would hopefully help them and others in preventing war. I wasn't entirely sure it would though I never counted anything out. With a final wave, Anna was led towards one of the waiting cars and quickly disappeared.

Left alone, I ran a hand over my head and sighed, a sense of relief that we had the information required and Anna was safe. Jennifer moved to stand in front of me, wrapping her arms around me as I closed the embrace, her head resting against my chest. "She was lovely," she whispered.

"Yeah. I'm just glad she'll be safe and sound."

Within forty-eight hours, the Director sent us a message, letting us know that the information received might not completely prevent a war, but intelligence was already being shared with the necessary agencies and allies, and it was hopefully that diplomatic pressure could be brought forward that might just prevent the situation was completely deteriorating.

There was no mention of another mission or task. Therefore, it was a case of returning to my 'day job'. While there are always issues and crises around the world, most eyes in Europe remained on the eastern fringes. While issues within Ukraine had long since disappeared from the evening news, as the civil war had been going on for a few years, those of us in the intelligence community were fed briefings nearly every day. The UK government and the EU remained concerned about the situation. As for the situation further east, we left to the Americans and our regional allies in the area. Those of us in Europe primarily focused on Europe, the Middle East and northern Africa.

News quickly arrived on our desk that the Russians were furious about Anna's escape, aware that she'd managed to do so with sensitive information. What incensed the Russians even further is that, although they didn't have proof, they were aware that Anna had outside help. I knew that, despite taking every precaution possible, my face had been sent by various people. And there were more than enough smart people who would put two and two together regarding my recent visits.

Jennifer and I both remained alert as the Russians had proven that borders meant nothing when they wanted to deal with dissidents or anyone that the Russians considered an enemy. We both knew that, with what we'd been doing near or within their borders, we'd likely painted targets on our backs. It actually brought me comfort that she was now living with me full-time. We kept our townhouse secured and took extra precautions whenever we were out and about. Perhaps a little paranoid but there was no ignoring all the news coming across our desks. Even the Director was letting me know that the Russians were not happy, and European agencies were being lit up. Russia and its allies were starting to fight back hard.

There was at least some good news. Anna called us six weeks after I'd seen her for the last time in London. Though she couldn't tell me where she was, she assured me she was safe, that the Americans had been treating her well, and she was beginning to make herself a new life. She was rather informed, asking Jennifer and I to remain safe as she was sure that her people would want to exact some sort of revenge, and if they couldn't get her, they'd go after anyone who helped her.

"I know you're careful but be careful who you trust," she said softly, "And that goes for both of you. Trust me on this one, the agencies I would provide information for have people everywhere. I've tried to explain what I can but they made sure that people like me didn't know everything, just in case something like this happened."

"You think they'll make a play for me?" I wondered, as I'd been hearing more and more noise that the Russians were trying to figure out who helped her, and there was concerning news that they were starting to figure out that the same person had nabbed information at the dacha and had helped Anna flee. If they figured that out, I knew they'd come for me eventually.

"You know they'll try, Nick. They've had no problem executing dissidents across Europe. Considering the things that you've done in the recent past, I know the masters at the FSB and the SVR will be desperate to find you and they'll call in all the help they can get."

"We're being careful, Anna, but we'll be ready for a fight if necessary."

Even the Director was growing concerned, leaving me wondering if he was going to pull me out. Considering he'd always left me thinking I was somewhat expendable if the circumstances required, the fact he seemed to be taking my safety quite seriously was a surprise. As for Jennifer, she was doing her best not to worry but the constant stream of information was starting to scare her.

"They know," she whispered late one evening, her naked body moulded into my side, "They know everything, Nate. They're not stupid. Going in once is fine. But you know what they think about those who defect, taking vital security information with them. They'll hunt her down and go after anyone who helped her escape."

"I'm not worried about myself, Julia. But if you feel the need..."

"I'm not leaving you, Nate. But I'll admit it. For the first time in my life, I'm a little scared because there is going to be a reprisal and they won't stop until they get what they want, no matter the cost."

Despite her concerns, for the next few months, information and intelligence continued to flow but I focused on work. I ended up spending another fortnight in Ukraine, assisting their intelligence services, while also training a new department that they hoped would help turn the tide should war finally break out. All of Europe was holding its breath as everyone thought it was now inevitable. War breaking out was a case of not if but when the Russians would invade, and the peace of Europe would be broken once again. It was almost heart-breaking, a throwback to forty or fifty years ago, worrying about the Russians and their allies instead of terrorism flowing from other areas of the world.

*****

Lunchtime. Approximately six months after the assignment to St. Petersburg. Anna Petrova was now safe and sound in an undisclosed location. She called us once a week, letting us know what she was doing, working alongside various intelligence agencies. Her years of experience certainly assisted. The Russians were now gearing up in the east, performing 'military exercises' near the Ukrainian border. The fact their Belarusian allies were doing the same thing didn't help, the tension reaching fever pitch.

Jennifer and I, despite being based in London, were now almost entirely focused on the Russian situation. The Baltics, Poland, Moldova, Romania, Georgia, and others were now worried that, if the Russians invaded the Ukraine, the Russians might just go all in and keep going.

I was at my office, going on intelligence reports flooding in from across Europe, Jennifer doing the same in her office at our home. I knew the office building I was in was now being filled with other operatives from different organisations and agencies. With all the experience I had, I recognised the signs. They knew I was the same as then, almost sharing knowing grins whenever our paths crossed in the hallways of the office block.