The Marriage Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DreamCloud
DreamCloud
7,653 Followers

"I love you, Alia," I told her. I gently combed her hair behind her ear and caressed her cheek. My passion momentarily sated, the events of the evening ran through my mind. I questioned the wisdom of talking, of taking the chance of ruining the night. The look in Alia's eyes told me there would be little chance of that.

"Why did my bride bring you to me?" I asked softly. Alia smiled and stroked my hair.

"That is for her to say," Alia replied, "know that as strange as it is, I have a chance to keep you. I intend to take it." I had a list of problems in my head, things that spoke ill of what just happened. I kept them to myself. I will not gainsay any of it tonight. I had my love in my bed.

"You were so beautiful on the balcony this morning," I said.

"I like that part, the clothes," Alia commented brightly, "getting dressed up for you in nice things."

"You wear them well," I said, "my desire grew just staring. I spent the afternoon trying to get glimpses. I do not think I can give you up, my love." Whatever Angelica had planned, it was her fault it had gone this far. You cannot dangle love in front of a starving heart, and expect it to go empty again.

"Listen to the princess, Cayden," Alia responded softly. I found my name to be so wonderful on her lips. "She has devised this. I have agreed." I left my questions to linger. Alia would have told me all if I demanded. In this, I would allow Angelica more time. I had my love for tonight.

Alia grinned and her hand found my phallus once again. "My Prince is not done yet," she teased. I was not. I would never be. "I warn you, my Lady requested that I tire you if I am so inclined. Something about a horse contest." I laughed as I rolled Alia onto her back.

"I pray I will be exhausted," I jested as I began kissing her neck.

*****

I wore a silly grin below my bloodshot eyes when I arrived at the stables. I had woken up next to Alia for the first time on purpose. It was pleasing to see her soft eyes as the morning light invaded. The unrushed kisses and spoken love. A small taste of the real life non-royals take for granted. Angelica was already stroking Sunrise's neck when I appeared. Cory was patiently waiting with Storm.

"Good morn, my Princess. Cory," I said with a slightly froggy voice. Cory nodded in greeting.

"Sleep well, my Prince?" Angelica asked. I knew she was teasing, but there was no sense of it in her voice.

"Well enough, my Lady," I lied. Had I the choice, I would have curled up in Storm's hay and slept the day away. "Thank you, Cory," I said when he handed me Storm's lead. We mounted and headed slowly toward the orchard.

"Was it lovely?" Angelica asked. There was no teasing in her voice. I think I heard a little longing, but it was mostly true interest.

"I could have happily died," I answered truthfully. Angelica smiled proudly. "Why did I have such a wonderful night?" I asked. Her smiled disappeared. She made a few aborted attempts at answering. I gave her the time she needed.

"I take great risk," Angelica answered reluctantly, "my secrets mark me. I risk your disdain. I risk the union. I risk my family - new and old." She turned toward me with all seriousness. Our mounts continued, oblivious to our discussion.

"Are you a cannibal?" I asked, trying to make light of the conversation. I could not believe there was any real secret that would make me think less of her.

"In some eyes, I am worse," Angelica responded. There was no jest in her voice. She meant it.

"I am listening," I said. No more jests.

"I too love another," Angelica said. I had already guessed it was something like that. I could hardly fault her heart if mine had already made a choice itself. It would be difficult, what I think she was devising. It could be managed and after last night, I intended to try.

"I will bring him into my service," I stated. There was no reason for her to spend our union unloved if I was to be loved.

"It is not that simple," Angelica responded. There was shame in her voice. Thoughts ran through my head. I discounted them.

"It will not be easy, but neither was Alia. I will make it happen. I will not have you unhappy if it is not necessary." I looked over and there were tears in Angelica's eyes. I braced myself.

"It is not a him," Angelica said reluctantly.

"Oh," I said stupidly. I was thinking many things, some horrible, some sad, but I was not thinking that. I looked away, a mistake I know now. I tried to comprehend what that meant to the union, what it meant to us. I had no frame of reference. I had heard of such things, boys liking boys, girls liking girls. I had never met anyone who admitted it. I was not sure what I felt about it. I was not even sure what I was supposed to feel about it.

Alia knew, of that I was certain. It made sense now, why she agreed to the arraignment. There would be little for the two women to be jealous about. How does one produce an heir with a woman who does not like men? A stupid thought, the parts would work the same. Was I repulsive to Angelica? Another stupid thought. I could see now why it took her so long to be married. Why she hated the whole idea. I could just open my mouth and end the whole union. I would remain unmarried, Angelica would be shunned for life. Her risk was truly great.

Angelica gave me Alia. A gift beyond measure. Breaking the alliance was not an option. Hurting Angelica horrified me. If I could love Alia, why would I care who Angelica loved? I did not really. It would be something to get used to, but love was love and I knew love. There was no reason why, if it were kept quiet, happiness could not find us both. I turned toward her to tell her so. She was not there.

I turned in my saddle and found Angelica behind me, slumped in her saddle with tears flowing freely. She and Sunrise had stopped when I looked away. It struck me how it must have seemed. I turned Storm and trotted back quickly.

"I am sorry, my Princess," I said soothingly.

"Hate me, ruin me. Which shall it be?" Angelica asked, looking up. Her eyes were clouded with tears. I quickly dismounted and walked to Sunrise.

"Neither, my Princess," I said, holding out my hand to help Angelica dismount. She took it and came down from Sunrise. "Walk with me and tell me about her," I said. It caused more tears, and she buried her head in my shoulder. I held her as best as I could and not let the horses loose. They would not have gone far, but chasing them down did not seem sensible right now.

"Alia said you would kindly," Angelica sobbed, "I really like her you know." I tensed. I was not sure if I should feel jealous about that. "Not like that," Angelica raised her head and slapped my shoulder.

"You will have to forgive me for a while," I said, "I am still getting used to it. I am bound to make mistakes about things I do not understand." Angelica smiled and wiped her tears. Then, she took my hand in hers and we walked.

"You will not think less of me?" Angelica asked.

"No. Differently maybe, but certainly not less," I answered thoughtfully. "Much that alluded me is making sense now. No more secrets, I do not think I could take them." Angelica pulled me closer as we walked.

"I agree, no more. They would only ruin us," Angelica stated. My bride was back. I guided us toward a small tree at the end of the field. I tied off Sunrise and Storm and sat in the sun. The weather was getting brisker, and the weak warmth of the late year sun was welcome. Angelica sat next to me.

"Tell me," I repeated. Angelica had my full attention with no interruptions. She took my hands in hers and began talking.

Mylle Paumera was the ward of King Douderson. She shared a room with Angelica as they grew through adolescence and into adulthood. Angelica's face brightened as she spoke of her. Mylle was described in terms of feelings she generated in Angelica. I could not help but like her.

Angelica described the fear when they had been found out by her brother. The hatred she felt at his admonishment. How her father split Mylle from her and tried to keep them apart. They found ways around that, but were never public again. Uri and Angelica fell out with each other, never really brother and sister again. A situation that obviously pained her. Uri was not in favor of our union, fearing the shame it would bring on the family when Angelica's predilections became known. He was in favor of locking her and Mylle away or forcing them to a convent.

"My father sees this all as transient," Angelica said sadly, "he thinks a man such as you would show me differently." She shook her head, "He loves me, of course, but he does not understand and thinks it is his failing."

"How do you know it is...permanent?" I asked. I regretted the question when it left my mouth. Angelica smiled at me softly.

"What did you feel when I brought Alia into your room last night?" Angelica asked.

"Well, I felt...It was kind of...She made me..." I blushed, unable to find suitable words for discussion with a woman.

"That is Mylle for me," Angelica laughed, "even if it were possible to alter my path, I would not want it. She is my sunrise and sunset."

"Then we risk more, you and I," I said confidently.

"What was done, will be difficult to undo," Angelica disagreed, "I told you so you understand. Maybe in time, but now the risk is too great."

"I will do what I can, for you and for me," I repeated Angelica's words back to her, "Neither king wishes an end to the alliance and I wish my bride to be happy, no matter what form that happiness takes."

"Uri will be twice angry," Angelica said.

"All the more reason to get Mylle away from him." I was resolute. "I will speak with your father in words he will understand. They created the union and will reap the benefits. Let them suffer the consequences. We will bring Mylle home." Angelica fell into my arms and squeezed me tight. I did so enjoy making her happy. It is strange to have a strong desire to please a woman and no desire beyond that.

"We are building a strange family," Angelica whispered, holding me close.

"The only kind we can," I added. How an heir would be managed, I left for another day. I stood and brought Angelica to her feet. I wiped the remnants of her tears from her cheeks. There was comfort with her near. I felt no need to create space. Friendship and respect. Close friendship. "Let us exercise our mounts," I said cheerfully. Angelica smiled and went to retrieve Sunrise.

It was a joyous ride. I showed Angelica more of the countryside. The farms, the mills and well around the tannery. We rode to a hilltop that allowed us to see far. The village of Southerson was laid out below us. It had grown larger over the years. Peace had a way of welcoming others. That was what our union meant to hold, a strong peace for two kingdoms. So much responsibility put on a marriage fate had designed to fail. We would not let it falter.

"Would you mind if I concede our contest this morning?" I asked amidst the calm.

"You admit you would lose then?" Angelica teased, "I queried Cory about the orchard, I know about the blight." I smiled at her.

"Ah, my advantage has been lost. You do not lack intelligence, my Princess."

"Alia said she would do what she could to weaken you," Angelica added with humor.

"I would lose a thousand contests for another night like last's," I said dreamily, "yes, I do admit you have the better of me this morning. I am the better for it though."

"I accept your gracious defeat," Angelica said, "though I still wish to test Sunrise. Shall we ride together?" Storm snorted loudly. He sensed Angelica's mood and wished to run himself.

"Storm agrees, my Lady. We ride." With that, we gave our steeds theirs heads and crossed the fields at a full gallop. Sunrise stayed half a length ahead. She seemed to enjoy the sport as much as her rider. I dearly liked the joy on Angelica's face.

*****

At lunch, I asked King Toric for a moment alone. We agreed to meet in the garden, away from the ears of court.

"I need to ask a boon of you, my Lord," I started, "a wedding gift of sorts."

"If it is in my power, you shall have it," the king said confidently.

"It is within your power, though you will not like it," I said, looking at him without faltering. I felt kingly having this discussion with him. I did not want to appear weak.

"What is it?" the king asked with a hint of exasperation. He sensed something was amiss.

"Afore I ask, I wish you to know this." I built my cause. "If the Bear ever calls in need, I will lead the Lion to his aid. There will be nothing to hinder that resolve. I will have heirs by your daughter that will know Bear and Lion as family. They will know you and your kin, a foot in each kingdom for generations to come. If a sword is thrust at your daughter, know that it will have to pass through me first. Of this I swear - no matter your answer." The king was watching me and took measure of my adamancy. He nodded.

"Ask," the king said simply.

"I wish you to send your ward, Mylle Paumera, to us." I said it clearly so there would be no mistake of my intentions. I added no honorific to the request. It was meant to be between equals. Whatever he was expecting, it was not that. I had caught him by surprise.

"What rumors have you heard?" The king's face reddened. His voice was raised and I could see anger in his eyes. I did not wish to argue or debate truth from fact.

"Will you honor our request?" I asked again. I watched his face change expression multiple times. It took him a while to realize arguing would be useless, and my request was not voiced to elicit shame. I was silent and gave him time.

"She has told you then?" the king realized.

"We have talked on many things, and that was one of them," I answered, "we are a force, Angelica and I. Do not mistake this request as weakness. It strengthens us."

"You know what you ask," the king said, "you find yourself lonely in bed. A man cannot..." His statement faltered at my unbidden smile. I quickly forced it to disappear, but not quickly enough for his mind. I now knew where Angelica got her quick mind.

"That servant girl," the king surmised, "the one Angelica insisted upon. There was reason to it." I nodded, not wanting to say it out loud. In a different situation, a father would draw his sword to such an insult. This union begged a different approach. The king turned away from me and clasped his hands behind him. He paced a while, thinking. I stood, patiently awaiting his will.

"Your sire, he knows of this?" the king asked after some deliberation.

"Half only, in time he will know all," I answered truthfully, "the alliance, and therefore the union, is important to him. He will leave its strength to me." I waited in silence for a few moments then added, "Fate has dealt a solution for both kingdoms. Do not fail to see it due to some imagined insult. I offer a strong alliance and happiness for you daughter. Do you seek something else?" The king laughed at that.

"Well put!" the king smiled, "I will not argue the merits. In truth, Angelica's unhappiness would weigh on me. You build a strange union, my Prince. Strange, but better than one I could have devised had I molded it myself. I will send for Mylle and pray that three women do not drive you to an early grave." To that, I laughed.

"It would be best if you told Angelica," I said, "it would sit well with her to know you do not think less of her because of it." The king raised his eyebrows and considered me for a moment.

"I thank you," the king said softly, "it is time I let her know that my love has not lessened. I do not pretend to understand, but she is, and always will be, my daughter." He thought for a moment. "She will be so pleased," he chuckled, "I do so like making her smile." And I thought I was the only one who enjoyed that.

I watched from down the hall as King Toric whispered in his daughter's ear. There was a moment of shock in her stance. Then she smothered her father in a bear-like hug. The king was smiling ear to ear as his daughter kissed his cheek, then returned to hugging. It was good to see Angelica's smile. I would have a happy wife, an amorous mistress who I loved beyond words, and soon, a new sister. Not what I imagined, but strangely satisfying.

*****

Alia was waiting in my room when I retired for the night. Lucius made himself scarce; he was ever the thoughtful man. Something had changed in Alia. It was in her poise, the way she carried her head and where her eyes looked. She was sitting comfortably in one of the sitting area chairs by the fire. She had a glass of wine in her hand, another was waiting for me on the table. The firelight was flickering and bouncing off her curls, giving her a slightly orange aura. The effect was enchanting.

"You look rather beautiful," I said as I approached. Her smile enhanced the visage. She reached forward and handed me my glass as I sat in a chair an arm's length away, much farther than I desired.

"Angelica believes you to be the best man in the world," Alia said with a smile as she sipped her wine. The apprehension was missing. That is what was different. I was no longer her lord and master. It was intoxicating.

"I did no more than she did for me," I said humbly. The wine was warm with a very slight bitter snap to it. The fruity undertones came through with the aftertaste. It was appropriate for the fireside.

"Cayden, how do you see my place in all this?" Alia asked. She seemed amused as she waited for her answer. I would have thought she had defined it for herself, prior to agreeing with Angelica. I wondered if there would be a correct answer. I wondered if she could possibly look more enticing than she did sitting in that chair.

"My true wife," I answered. I shifted in my seat to contain the discomfort that had decided to present itself. The wine was heady stuff. I looked over and saw the bottle was a third empty. I wondered how long she had waited for me.

"Will you hold secrets from me," Alia asked with a wicked grin. She had waited for a while. I could tell she wanted to play. I do not know how I knew. I could only guess that my heart picked it up.

"No, my Lady," I said with smile. Alia's grin grew. I was correct - she wanted to play. This was a part of her I did not know. She tilted her glass and emptied it, swallowing gracefully. She held the glass out and looked at me. It took a second, I was not used to people looking at me that way.

"I am sorry, my Lady." I fumbled myself out of my seat and refilled her glass. What a delicious smile she wore. I had never served her before, well, not out of bed. Against my building appetite, I returned to my seat. Alia laughed a most glorious laugh.

"I cannot keep it up," Alia said, "you liked it though?"

"Very much so," I responded, "I will serve you any time you wish it." She was simply adorable.

"Can we just talk for a while?" Alia asked.

"Of course, my Lady," I smiled and settled into my seat.

"I like when you a call me that."

"I like calling you that."

"Will you get bored of me?" Alia asked. She was no longer smiling.

"Gods, I imagine not," I answered, "I think I have more to fear that you will bore of me."

"You would tell me," Alia paused, "if I become stale to you."

"Yes...I mean no, I will never think you stale... why are you asking this?" I was at a loss where this was coming from. I tried to think of what I had done to scare her.

"The queen talked with me today," Alia said quietly, "she was not pleased. Not angry, mind you. She told me I was likely just a fancy for you. It set me to thinking." I controlled my anger and let none of it out. I was thankful my mother was not there, I would have said much I would have come to regret.

DreamCloud
DreamCloud
7,653 Followers