The Most Beautiful Eyes Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Vidar was looking ahead ... but not at the king.

He was looking at the still laughing Prince Emil.

At one point, Prince Emil managed to ask with a faint voice, "Is this reality? Isn't this a grand lark? What is this?"

King Thorvaldo hissed out to his older son, "Hush! Hush or leave!"

Prince Emil took several breaths and calmed himself to a certain degree. Muriel imagined he was grinning, but she didn't want to look up to find out.

The previous attendant returned, although he didn't have a tray this time. He had a written document instead. He approached the king and held the document up to him. "This is a sworn statement from the graphologist."

The king took the paper. As the attendant walked away, the king read the document aloud.

It was confirmed. All the examples of Vidar's signatures matched the signatures of the past.

More whispers among the elites.

The king spoke. His hands were shaking. "I ... I have no choice but to accept this." His chest swelled with his long breath. "There honestly isn't much for me to do but plan a wedding for you." He nodded, but he turned around, refusing to face his younger son. "I wish the best for you, my son."

And he ... he left the throne room. He walked through the side door that his wife had used.

That seemed to be enough for Princess Arya. She was smiling and her body looked much lighter. She took Muriel's hand and led her towards the main exit while Vidar followed.

Muriel heard Prince Emil erupt into more laughter.

***

The trio didn't spend the night, or any nights, at the Royal Palace. Vidar told the women he didn't want to sleep there at all. So, they rode on to the townhouse in Padulan and slept there for a night. Then they returned to the Vantrim Castle. A few days after that, newspaper after newspaper was distributed to the population spreading many rumors about Vidar's appearance, but also the basic facts. Prince Vidar wasn't ill. He was cursed, but Muriel Devin, the famous beauty, was happy to marry him.

One newspaper had an article with comments from random people in Matas. Thanks to Vidar's rapid attempts at helping the victims of the recent hurricane, his reputation didn't seem too damaged, although most pitied him. "If he really does look like a monster," one person said, "then he might be frightful, but he was still the first to help us, as he should have been, and he's never been greedy with us. And since Miss Devin's willing to marry him, that seals it for me."

Muriel was happy to read that.

***

12