The Mother I Never Knew Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
FinalStand
FinalStand
5,294 Followers

"Bitch, you are going to pay for this," she snarls back at me.

"Well fuck you too," I sigh. She was right; I wasn't sending a strong enough message. "Down on the floor you two," I motioned to the two lesser ranking members. "Mom, I didn't see anything but I assume you have a blade of some kind. Come here," I request. Sienna steps up with a filleting knife.

"Sienna, go to the leader, hold her right hand up to the door and pin it there with your knife -- really stick it to her. If you don't, I'll kill her," I order.

"No problemo," Mom shrugs. Keeping to the wall, and out of my line of fire, she closes up on Big Mouth.

"Sienna," the woman seems surprised.

"Nina," Mom says calmly. "My boy got a medal for killing people. I have no doubt if I don't 'mark' you, he is going to plaster your brains all over the door; your choice." Sienna gives Nina the option -- maiming or death?

Nina relaxes her hand and stops resisting. Sienna actually puts a hand over Nina's eyes and starts whispering to her. In the midst of the talk, Sienna strikes and I can tell Nina didn't sense it coming; Mom is that smooth. Sienna's free hand clamps down on Nina's mouth, muffling the scream.

"Mom, go take Nina to the kitchen; the medical bag is under the sink," I direct those two. The knife comes out with a sickening noise I had hoped never to hear again after assisting in emergency surgery not too long ago. As Mom leads Nina past me, I flip out one of my 9mm and hand it to Mom.

"If she gets out of line, kill her Mom," I explain.

"Understood Joshua," Sienna nods. Nina is in pain but the gesture does sink in.

"You two go outside and stand by the curb; I don't want anyone thinking you belong in this neighborhood or this house," I say. They both stand back up.

"Ummm...Joshua," the closest one asks. She is using my name but I have no idea what hers is. "I'm called Demona," she adds, "Can we get our wallets and phones. We sort of need them for the Metro-pass, plus all our money -- and stuff."

"You mean like Demona in Gargoyles," I inquire. Her face lights up then Demona looks embarrassed.

"Yeah -- it was like the only family-friendly DVD my family had growing up," she informs me.

"I think I had the same one," I nod. "Go get your phones," I tell her. She hesitates. "In the service, guys would do almost anything for their family pics. Don't forget your wallets either."

I maneuver back so I can keep both women under watch. There are the prerequisite number of knives and guns when Demona gets back but Mom and Nina have still not returned.

"Did you and Mom do time together?" I ask the two with me.

"Billie did," Demona acknowledges her partner, "but I didn't. My Mom made her bones helping Sienna -- that was Sienna's second tear," and then Billie elbows her.

"Tears...teardrop tattoos are marks of how many people you've killed for the gang?" I question.

"Keep your mouth shut," Billie hisses to Demona.

"Billie, Sienna is my Mother; who in the hell am I going to tell? I'll never let them send her to jail again," I pledge and I can't believe the words coming out of my mouth but they are genuine.

"Yeah," Demona glowers back at Billie. "Who is he going to tell?"

"Tell what?" Nina grumbles.

"She thinks Mom needs weight loss supplement," I tell. I'm keeping watch on them all. "Nina just so we are clear -- this is it. You come after me and or my Mom, you are going to win but we will take a few of you down with us," I pledge.

"You don't understand," Nina's eyes bore into me. "There are hundreds of us."

"Cool, but the only two numbers you need to consider is that there are 53 former members of my unit in the local area. Of those, a dozen would miss me enough to take my murder serious -- I'm about to e-mail this encounter to them," I say.

"They aren't your normal bad guy -- they are snipers and explosive experts so your people won't realize they've fucked up before they become dead. I figure at twenty of you they call it even," I shrug. "Take that back home to your leaders. Now get out because I also need to get a Concealed Weapons permit."

"We'll see," Nina glowers. Demona surprises Nina by returning her phone and wallet, both who flash me a look.

"I figured the point had been made," I admit.

"The point being we are not going to let you sneak up to your bedroom next time," Billie stares at me.

"That's right," Sienna agrees. "Next time I'm pumping bullets through the door when I see any of your ugly asses outside -- is that clear enough Nina?"

"Whatever," Nina rasps. Demona gets the door and the three file out.

"Do you want the gun back?" Sienna says as I check the door and lock the deadbolt.

"Don't let anyone find it," I caution her.

"You are coming around fast," Sienna chuckles.

"Sort of; I now believe you will defend Heidi if someone breaks in," I grin back at her, "and I want to know she's safe." I go upstairs to the sound of Mom's laughter.

(Natalie)

I'm a little early for the Natalie at the hospital where she's finishing up her interning after a drive in the downpour and a jog to the center itself. I don't take hospital parking because it belongs to the people who actually need it.

"Hello Zoe," I greet the nurse who always seems to be on station.

"Hey Joshua, I am glad to see you and Dr. Green fixing things up," she means my sister Natalie -- having people call her Dr. Green still feels weird. Neither of us has aired the reason for our recent rift.

"That is what this late lunch is supposed to see but I'm not expecting hugs and kisses by the time this is over," I admit.

"Give her some time," Zoe smiles knowingly at me. "She's a tiny bit pig-headed -- kind of like some man I know." I look over my shoulder trying unsuccessfully to find who she's talking about. "You making the first move is a positive gesture." If only she knew.

"Zoe, who do I see about new patient files?" I evade.

"Family or new?" she quizzes professionally.

"Family," I reply.

"Getting married, are we?" Zoe teases me.

"Let's take it one step at a time," I pale.

"We can shoehorn them in under your own insurance until their own is approved." Zoe explains. "I'll download the forms and requests and I'll have their previous medical records set to Jethro in records. We will keep it low-key."

"Thanks Zoe," I sigh with relief. I shouldn't be so confident; getting Mom's records sent from her Parole Officer to the Hightower Manhattan Hospital will be easy. Creating a medical history for Heidi is going to be a cast-iron bitch.

"What is he thanking you for Nurse Zoe Mitchell?" Dr. Natalie Green teases us both. I'm relieved to see that Natalie isn't busting my balls about Mom.

She changes into street clothes and joins me quickly enough. We take a taxi down eight blocks because the rain is renewed its rampage. We go to the Umberto because my bank account has taken such a beating in the past 24 hours that it has stopped screaming. It looks like I'm not going to England in two months after all.

With a 'Mr. and Ms. Green' we are shown to our table. Grandmother and Grandfather loved this place. We work through the coffees (no drinking alcohol for her) and orders before Natalie breaks down and starts talking.

"So how much of a twisted little piece of work has our Mother become?" Natalie inquires.

"For starters, she is not little, Nat," I gesture. "She's nearly two hundred pounds."

"The sow," Natalie grumbles.

"No," I correct her. "She's muscle, no flab; I think she can bench press nearly as much as I can."

"What the...how did that happen?" Natalie's eyes grow large.

"Natalie, she was in a prison gang and pretty bad-ass, but to answer your next question; we are getting along okay," I tell my sister. "She's trying to adjust."

"Oh, can I see it -- her," Natalie stumbles.

"You hated the idea of her getting out and now you want to see her? What is up?" I have to know.

"I imagine that when she was safely away in a box, I could ignore her but...I thought about what you said about never having known her," Natalie stares down at the table. "You love her despite what she did and you are the only one of us who knew her."

"Maybe you can go out with me and, umm, my new girlfriend," I blather. I'm nervous about Heidi, much more about calling her my GF.

Natalie leans forward somewhat distracted and excited.

"You've met someone? Do tell," she grins.

"She works at a plus-sized lingerie store; her name is Heidi Winters and I like her, though Mom doesn't," of course I'm less sure about the last thing.

"When can we meet her?" Natalie's 'we' is referring to her 'lesbian' roommate Teela who is a rather successful artist and interested in my sister. I say 'lesbian' because she loudly proclaims that status yet I know she hits on guys, since I'm one she's hit on when she was drunk.

"Teela will be floored that you are dating someone outside the Cotillion list," Sis adds. "She's always thought you were such a stick in the mud."

"That won't be a problem after tonight," I mutter. I don't want to show Heidi off, I want to show her a good time which leads me to my phone.

"Heidi, do you have a moment?" I say over the phone, much to my Sister's interest.

"Yes," Heidi says cautiously. This could be me dumping her.

"I am thinking of bring my Sister along tonight but she wants to bring a friend of hers," I inform her. "Are you okay with this or do you want to do the meet and greet thing another night?"

There is a long pause followed by, "Do you still want me to wear clothes?" Natalie's eyes explode wide open upon hearing this.

"Yes; Heidi, who are you with now?" I lecture the white haired wonder.

"I am with you -- and you want me to wear clothes tonight," she is positively upbeat, "so I'm wearing clothes -- and you are going to punish me when we get HOME," she sings through the word 'home', "tonight."

"We will see how well behaved you are and how much you make me misbehave when doling out midnight favors, Heidi," I lay down the law.

"Yes Master -- I mean Joshua -- I'll do my best to be bad but not get caught! Work; I have to go now. I...can't wait to see you this evening," she hurries away.

"Joshua...what have you done?" Natalie stares at me.

"I like her; she's growing on me. She's very devoted and creative and funny and sincere," I go down her grand, yet not too sexual, qualities. Talking about her willingness to have a three-way with Mom is the precisely wrong way to go.

"How does Mom fit into all this? Were they in prison together?" Natalie requests.

"No. Sienna even warned me away from Heidi and she's even been cruel to Heidi on occasion," I inform Natalie. "Mom even wanted to take her clothes and toss her on the street last night and we nearly fought over me stopping her."

"I wish you had popped her one," Natalie stated with conviction.

"Natalie, if Mom and I go at it seriously, one of us is ending in the hospital and it might well be me," I point out.

"You are a combat veteran and a hero Josh," my sister can't grasp the other side of the equation.

"Natalie, she's been in combat for twenty years and she has the scars and tattoos to prove it," I tell my closest family. "I'm thinking on that body is a roadmap to all the horrible things she's had to do to survive -- she is covered in tattoos that must have some significance."

"Oh damn -- oh damn," Natalie bites her lip. "Oh damn' as in are you safe, and 'oh damn' as in Teela goes all freaky for girls with full body art -- the grittier, the better."

"You are not going to get much grittier than Mom," I warn her. "So are you coming out to 'Mars' with us tonight?"

"Oh Josh, you are so behind the times," Natalie roles her yes. "Mars is dead now; everyone goes to the Velvet House. We'll meet you there at 10:30."

"Thanks for the information and we'll be there," I smile. "Can I talk you into coming by and seeing Mom when you have a day off?"

"I'm off the next three days," she allows. "I'll consider it. Let's see how much I like this new girlfriend. I've hated everyone else you've show up with but this could be your lucky night."

"Thanks," I groan. She has never liked any of my girlfriends, not even Eden and Grandmother, who hated Mother Theresa, tolerated Eden.

(A double handful of Heidi)

It is 7:50 pm when I slip into Helena's, Heidi's place of employment. Heidi has made a serious clothing overhaul but is helping two older clientele and doesn't give me a look as I come into the store. Heidi directs them to the dressing room so I sneak up and wrap my arms around her from behind. She squeaks and tries to turn around.

"Hello Heidi, have you had a good day?" I whisper to her.

"I -- umm," she stammers and I realize I'm not holding Heidi; I leap back.

"Oh God," I blurt out, "I thought you were my girlfriend. Please don't get her in trouble with her boss." Now that the woman has turned around I can see she's almost a carbon copy of my girl, except where Heidi wears her look, this girl has mimicked Heidi closely.

"Everything is fine, Joshua," the woman snickers. "I'm Michelle and Heidi had to run out and get some of her things, so I'm covering for her. She told me to look out for a 'hunky' older man, I though she meant...older -- older; fortyish, not late twenties."

"Oh -- okay, let's start again. I'm Joshua Beverly and it is a pleasure to meet you Michelle," I extend my hand.

"I'm glad I didn't go with my gut instinct and grab your breasts," I sigh. I would have known instantly this woman wasn't Heidi because Heidi's breasts would be busting out of Michelle's ensemble.

"Sometimes you should go with your gut," Michelle teases me and gives my hand a baby smooth shake.

I'm saved by Heidi stumbling in with two large trash bags full of what must be clothes. Heidi drops the bags and rushes me, almost crushing Michelle's hand on the process.

"Joshua," she squeezes me as she presses her face into chest. Yeah, with Michelle's 'Fuck Me' pumps, Heidi's is much shorter.

"You must have made quite the first impression Joshua," Michelle teases.

"She's making me work for it, but I think I'm winning her over," I concede. Heidi hugs me tighter.

"Whatever you want," Heidi mumbles into my chest. Getting Heidi was blindingly easy but doing right by her was looking far more difficult.

"How about you take care of those last two customers?" I suggest then her attire comes crashing down on me. She has on a t-shirt, denim shirt jeans and tennis shoes. This close I can tell her bra is an underwired spider web design.

"I need to change back," she reluctantly admits.

"Actually Heidi, you start locking up in back and I'll deal with the fine old ladies," Michelle taps her friend. I try to remain obfuscated until the nice older ladies depart and Michelle shuts the door and flips the sign to 'Closed'.

"Do you work here?" as Michelle as she rings-out the store for the day.

"No, but Heidi and I go way back and I learned long ago that she's always jumping this way and that, so as her only long-term friend, I've learned to have her back when she's spontaneous," Michelle studies me.

"True enough; I can hardly consider one night and one morning to be to be something to make us true friends," I meet her gaze.

"She likes you," Michelle proceeds with her interrogation.

"I like her but I have a feeling she likes plenty of people," I reply. Michelle weighs that response.

"She likes you enough to risk losing the only job I could find for her by leave work to get most of her stuff -- to put in her house," Michelle regales me, "because she believes it when you say she can have her own room."

"She told me that she does stuff like this all the time," I become emotionally evasive.

"Heidi uses sex to make up for all the many deficiencies elsewhere in her life Joshua," Michelle warns me, "so when she tells me she wants to 'be' with someone, it is important."

"I will tell you what, I'll do my best to figure out what she wants and give it to her in a way that she knows she earned it -- no pity or handouts," I counter. Michelle nods.

"READY TO GO!" Heidi yells from the back as she bounds forward. "Security system is armed and I have three days off. Let's go shopping for that little black dress." Heidi has redressed herself in her 'normal' attire but forgotten her bags. I retrieve them for her before we proceed outside, roll down the rolling gate and make for my jeep.

"Heidi, that can't be all of your stuff," I bring up as we enter traffic. "No dresses of any kind that I could feel through the bags. The way she tenses up across from me; Michelle and the bags are in the backseat. No one pressures her which is possibly the cruelest part of it all.

"Drive toward the village," Heidi says. "It will only take a second."

It doesn't; at the five minute mark I head inside what appears to be a rundown 1950's apartment block. I walk in, curious what direction to take when I suddenly hear Heidi pleading loudly.

"Come on, it is my stuff," she goes on, "you promised me."

"That's tough Babe," the man's voice calls out; "thing change."

I go pounding up the stairs until I come within spitting distance of a man about three inches shorter and 25 pounds lighter but he has a shoulder holstered .38. They are standing at the closest open door and both turn their heads toward me as I come up.

"Heidi's here for her clothes," I explain.

"As I was explaining to the whore, the clothes aren't hers," the guy responds gruffly.

"New plan; I'm going to go in and get those clothes and you can just bill me," I propose as I move two steps closer. He puts his hand on the butt of his pistol.

"I don't think so you fucktard," the guy sneers.

"He's a cop," Heidi warns me frantically. That does bring me up short and pisses off the guy.

"What precinct?" I ask the cop.

"None of your damn business," as she snares Heidi's upper arm until she gasps in pleasure/pain.

"Let go of her and let her get her things or I'm going to make a phone call and crucify you," I tell him. He looks unimpressed though his grip on the phone tightens when reach cautiously into my pocket.

"What do you think you are doing?" he inquires threateningly.

"I'm calling an old high school friend," I say as I hit her number on speed dial. See, the 'Old Prep School' network is alive and well but now includes women. I call such a friend now, Sarah Winchell, Deputy Comptroller for the City -- the person who make sure city employees do, or don't get paid.

"Who?" he threatens then, "hang up."

"Hello Sarah, it is Josh and I need some help," I begin. If the guy pulls his gun out any further we're are going to have a fist fight. "Yeah, I want you to find out how this asshole is working for and why he's impounded some of my girlfriend's stuff. Why don't you crawl up his rectum and see if all his illicit finances are in order. I click a pick and the guy draws his piece."

"Do you have that?" I smile at the asshole as Sarah gets his picture.

"Mother-fucker," the cop snarls. Heidi looks like she's going to pass out but I don't let people push me around -- I never have. "Who are you talking to?"

"Sarah Winchell, who means nothing to you, but she meets with the Deputy Mayor and Deputy Commissioner of Public Safety twice a week," I glare. "Now do I tell my friend that this has been a terrible misunderstanding or do I devote my considerable contacts in this city to destroying your career?"

A second supposed cop, this one African American, comes to the door from inside the apartment.

"What sup?" he inquires softly.

"Heidi the Skank found herself a boyfriend," he tells his partner.

"I'd ask you to apologize but a pinhead like you does not matter to Heidi or me. Do yourself a favor and shut the fuck up or I will make sure the Police Commissioner personally knows who you are in a really bad way inside the next 24 hours," I feel my anger welling up.

FinalStand
FinalStand
5,294 Followers