The Motorcycle

Story Info
Looking for a Mechanic, she found Love.
3.1k words
4.53
48.1k
20
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TxRad
TxRad
5,919 Followers

A few months ago, I bought a 1983, Honda VT500 motorcycle. It wasn't in bad shape for it's age, but it still needed work. The bike appeared to have been laid down, as three of the turn signal lights were broken. There were a few scratches here and there, along with a dent in the tank, and a missing side cover, to attest to a hard life at times. It hadn't been licensed since 1993 but whoever stored it, had removed the battery, and drained the gas from the tank.

I bought a battery and cleaned out the flash rust from the tank. When I put gas in it and hooked up the fuel line, gas just poured out of the carburetor overflow line. That meant, I had to pull the carburetors and rebuild them. While I was at it, I drained the oil and changed the filter. The plugs looked good so I re-gapped them and put them back in.

Now that the carburetors weren't flooding, it only took a little time and patience to get the engine to fire off. At first it ran rough but soon settled into a nice smooth rumble. It revved sharply and backed down crisply. I shut it off and let it cool down while I had lunch.

Over lunch, I considered what else needed to be done to make the bike safe to ride. The rear tire was slick and the front showed signs of dry rot. They would have to be replaced. The bike was shaft drive, so changing the rear one was a little beyond my experience. Anyway, the rear brake was adjusted as far as it would go, so the shoes needed replacing. The front forks showed some signs of leaking. It would probably be best to rebuild them right off the bat.

The end of the front brake handle was broke off from the wreck and needed replacing. Then there were the broken turn signs; I didn't like the funky stock ones, so I needed to find a replacement type. I wanted the dent out of the tank and a new side cover. The paint would have to be redone.

The whole bike needed going over, checked, and serviced. I would need someone with more experience, for this also. This would take care of the repairs and maintenance.

There was also a list of things I wanted to add to the bike and change. A set of highway pegs and a set of more comfortable handlebars would make riding more comfortable. Plus a better seat and a sissy bar, with a place to mount the tail light higher. A couple of extra running lights on the front forks would also make it easier to see from the front. A better set of mirrors would make it safer also.

There was probably more but I ran out of lunch before I ran out of ideas. First off I need to find a good mechanic. There are no dealerships locally so I checked the yellow pages. There were a half dozen motorcycle mechanics listed but only one locally. The rest were fifty or sixty miles away.

I called C. C. Davis Motorcycle repair and talked to the lady that answered the phone. She listened patiently as I went over my list of repairs and told me to bring the bike on over, that they could take care of it. Since I no longer had a truck, I decided to ride it over there and asked if there was someone who could run me back to the house. She told me she would see what she could do.

*****

After I checked the oil and water, the bike fired right up. It was about ten miles to where the shop was and I got in no hurry. The motor had great power but the clutch was a little jerky. The brakes were terrible. The front forks were mushy and the rear shocks seemed way to stiff. Slowly, was definitely the order of the day.

*****

As I got off the bike at the shop, a short slim girl came out of the office and stood there looking me and the bike over. "You must be Greg." She said as she walked over and shook my hand.

When my hand touched hers, she gave a little jerk and then stared hard at me for a second before she said, "I'm C.C., and I own this place. I hope you don't have a problem dealing with a woman mechanic?"

Still holding her hand I asked, "Are you a good mechanic?"

She cocked her head to one side and smiled as she slowly took her hand back. "Yes I am. I learned from one of the best, my late husband. He wasn't much of a husband but he was a great mechanic. I don't think there was anything about a bike he didn't know. If he had known half as much about women.... Well, anyway."

She walked slowly around the bike and looked it over closely. After a couple of minutes, she said, "Not bad, a little abused, but very fixable. Come on into the office and lets talk about it. You tell me what you know about its problems, then I'll check it out, and we'll see what it's going to cost you."

*****

In the office, she made a list as I talked, asking me questions to get more details. I will say, she asked intelligent questions. I wasn't sure of the answers to some of them and told her so. She just chuckled and made some more notes.

Back outside, she fired up the bike and then she rode it around the parking lot and up the road a short ways and back. When she got back, she rode straight into the shop. When she tried to put it up on the center stand, she found out that it was bent and it took both of us to get it up on the stand. I stood and watched as she looked the bike over closely and made more notes.

Finally she stood up and stretched her back. Earlier, I had figured her age at mid thirties, now as I looked at her, I figured early forties. Her worn levies fit tightly and showed off slim hips and a nice high round rear end. The loose tee shirt hid most of her upper body, but I occasionally got hints of what was underneath.

Her oval face was framed with short dark brown curls, tight against her scalp. Her brown eyes were large and expressive, with the beginning of laugh lines at the corners. Her nose was not large but it was long and narrow, almost roman. I think, her high cheekbones and small mouth made it look bigger than it was. All in all, she was a very good-looking lady.

Suddenly, I had the feeling that I knew her from somewhere. I grinned as thoughts of getting to know her drifted across my mind.

When she looked over at me, she paused her stretching and asked, "What the hell are you grinning at?"

The grin left my face as I thought how to answer that question. Maybe the truth was best. I shrugged and replied, "Just a male thing, taking inventory of a good looking lady. I was just getting to the fantasizing part."

She chuckled and shook her head, "That's what I figured. At least you're honest about it. Most guys try to lie their way out of it and I don't like that. I don't mind the looking; actually I rather enjoy it. It makes me feel good about myself. I just don't understand most men not owning up to what they are doing. At least they could be honest with me and themselves." She shook her head again and finished her stretching.

"Ok, lets grab a beer and talk money." She said, as she headed for an old icebox in the corner of the shop.

I laughed and said, "I've got a little money saved up but I'm not rich by any means, so take it easy on me. This bike is a toy, something that I really don't need and probably shouldn't have at my age. When I was a young man, I always rode a scooter of one kind or another. When my wife died, twelve years ago, I sold my old bike and haven't been on one since. This one came up out of the blue and the price was a steal, so I bought it on a whim."

She handed me a beer and leaned against the work bench, crossing her legs. She looked me up and down for a second and then said, "You ain't old by any means. I figure, you're about my age, maybe a year or so older. Anyway, riding a motorcycle has nothing to do with your age, just your attitude."

I sat down sideways on the bike seat and took a sip of my beer. "I'll be fifty six in a couple of months, so I have a lot more than a couple of years on you."

She chuckled and said, "I should ask to see your license but I believe you, and it's only ten years that you have on me. Ok, now you know my age, I hope you can keep your mouth shut."

I laughed and replied, "That is something I learned a long time ago. The proper care and feeding of a woman's ego. If you can't say anything nice, just keep your mouth shut. If you know something personal, keep your mouth shut. That keeps things nice, peaceful, and friendly."

She smiled and nodded as she sat her beer down and hopped up to sit on the work bench. She sat there for a minute or two, just sipping her beer and looking at me. Then out of the blue she asked, "Do you have a job?"

I looked at her for a moment, wondering where this was heading. "Yeah, I do. I work in the oil fields; I do onsite geology. It sounds fancy but its just long boring hours of tedious dirty work. I've been doing it twelve hours a day, seven days a week, from the start of a job to the end, for twenty seven years."

"Have you ever thought about retiring?" She asked quietly.

"I'd love to retire but there ain't no way. There's no way, I could make fifteen or sixteen hundred a month around this county, and I won't work in Houston or any other big city. I've been in the country most of my life and I don't do well in big towns. I get into to much trouble." I told her. "Why are you asking, anyway?"

She shrugged and sipped her beer. "My husband Jesse and his partner, had a small dealership and shop, just North of Houston. When he died, the partner became the sole owner and I was out in the cold. Actually the partner thought he was going to get me along with the business. He was a worse asshole than Jesse and I'd had enough of that. Anyway, to make a long story short, the business has been in trouble for a couple of years, ever since Jesse died. It's for sale and at a good price, I'm thinking about buying it."

"What's that got to do with me?" I asked.

She grinned and shook her head, "I'm not sure yet but if we're going to be friends and lovers then maybe we should talk about the future." I stared at her hard with my mouth hanging open.

She laughed and added, "Hmmm, I think I shocked you? Maybe I should have been a bit more subtle."

I closed my mouth and took a sip of beer before I asked, "What makes you think we will be lovers? Not that I don't find the idea interesting to say the least."

Still grinning she said, "Let's just say, I know we will be together for a very long time. Don't ask me how I know, just take my word for it, it will happen. I knew it; from the moment I laid eyes on you. I don't understand it either, but I believe it."

I sat there looking at her for several long seconds, letting what had been said, slowly whirl around in my head. Several witty things came to mind to say but I finally settled on asking her a question. "How do you know, I'm not married or living with someone?"

She frowned as she cocked her head to the side and looked at me hard. After a second or two she asked, "You're not are you?"

I chuckled and replied, "No, I'm miserably single."

She grinned and said, "Good." When I laughed she added, "Well, not good you're miserable but good you're single. It makes things much simpler."

She hopped down from the workbench and dusted off the seat of her jeans. "Well, how about it?" She asked. When I got a confused look on my face she laughed and added, "Do you want to settle down and go into business with a crazy woman?"

"Is there any other kind?" I asked rhetorically as my brain spun over the idea. "Let me see if I have this straight. You want me to retire from my job. Actually that would be quit my job, since there is no retirement benefits at all. Hook up with you and buy a motorcycle shop, that was half owned by your dead husband. Not to mention, that my motorcycle mechanics experience is limited, at best. And then we are to live happily ever after."

I paused and asked, "Does that about sum it up." I paused a second time and then said, "Yes, you are a crazy lady."

C.C. grinned and walked over to where I sat, sideways on the seat of the bike, putting a hand on each side of my head, she kissed me. The kiss was soft and sweet, her lips warm against mine. My hands went to her waist and I gently pulled her to me. When my tongue brushed over her lips, her mouth opened and our tongues fenced, tip-to-tip.

After a second or two, she broke the kiss and stepped back. "Not bad for a first try." She said after she took a deep breath and slowly let it out.

I had about the same reaction. My head was spinning from the first touch of her lips to mine. I took a deep breath of my own and blew it out. I looked into her eyes and said, "When my head stops spinning, I want to try that again. I've kissed a good number of women in my life but I've never had that happen before. Wow!"

She grinned and shook her head as she replied, "We better not right now. If we do, then you're going to end up flat on your back right here in the middle of the garage floor, with a wild woman ripping your clothes off."

I took a deep breath and grinned, "And that's a problem?"

She laughed and stepped back from me, "Well, yes and no. I'd have no problem with it but I would like to kind of relax and take it slow and easy. Anyway, I've never raped a guy before and I don't think it's time to start, this late in life."

I chuckled and said, "I don't think you can rape the willing." I looked into her eyes and smiled, "I agree with the taking it slow and easy idea. There's something between us that I don't understand. It does feel like we were meant to be together and maybe have been before."

I paused a moment as I realized what I had said. "Now I'm sounding crazy but it feels like the truth."

She nodded and said, "Yeah, I know what you mean. When I first saw you riding in on that bike, I knew you were someone special and the one I had been waiting for. When we shook hands, I got a jolt like an electric shock."

She stood there looking at me for a long moment before she asked, "Well, have you figured out if you're as crazy as I am? You still haven't answered my original question."

Now it was my turn to stare at her, my mind turning the offer over and over. I took a deep breath and asked the main question in my mind. "Why do you need me? You're the mechanic, you have the in with buying the place, obviously you have the money or someplace to get it. Where do I fit into all this?"

She nodded and said, "Logical and straight forward, aren't you?"

She walked over to the workbench and hopped up to sit on it again. She picked up her beer and took a sip; I could see the wheels working behind her eyes as she decided what to say. Finally, she sat the beer down.

"To tell you the truth, I don't know. I've had the money and the opportunity to buy the business for a couple of months now. I want that place; I can make a go of it. Something hasn't been right though. Something was missing. Then I'm sitting here looking at you and it all fell into place. I needed a reason to succeed and I didn't have one. I also knew, that down deep inside, I needed help to make it work and you were it." She had been staring off into space as she said this.

Now she looked over at me and asked, "Does any of that make sense to you? I know what I want to say but I just can't quite find the words to say it right."

I nodded and stood up. I walked over to the work bench and stopped with my hands on her knees. I looked into her eyes and saw someone I hadn't seen in a long, long time. A kindred spirit, someone who was ready for a big change but was afraid to go it alone. Basically a good person that had had a hard road and was tired. I saw myself.

"I understand perfectly." I said in almost a whisper, my voice wanting to break. I could feel tears trying to form in my eyes.

C.C. was still looking at me closely. Suddenly she slid forward on the workbench and put her arms around me. As she hugged me, she whispered, "Yes you do."

TxRad
TxRad
5,919 Followers