The Mouse

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hmm." Mr. Mason stroked his beard. He turned back to Lani. "How about this? Lani, you're the director. Minerva will be your lead accountant. Raises for both of you."

Lani's jaw dropped. Within half a day, she'd been fired, then rehired, then promoted. "Wow. Yes, yes sir. But only Min is on board."

Minerva nodded to her father and to her friend. "Yes. Definitely."

"One more order of business," Mason announced. He came over to Minerva and hugged her. "I'm truly sorry I wasn't there for you in your childhood. I'm happy I can get to know you now. You're remarkable. And I can't wait to show you off. To everyone."

Minerva blushed harder than she ever had before. "Thank you. Dad."

----

Epilogue:

Colleen Mason wasn't thrilled when her husband revealed his youthful indiscretions. The fact that he'd fathered a child, sowed some wild oats, before they even met was not a pleasant idea.

Then she met the red-headed product of his past relationship. She was nervous, but Matt stood firmly next to her. They shared the same eyes. Colleen suddenly found it hard to hate this beautiful girl; in fact, she found she loved her instead.

Colleen's two teenage sons were naturally curious about their new half sister. But they also fell for her quickly. The whole family also enjoyed her boyfriend, who came with her often during her visits.

For the Mason family, wealth wasn't really a problem. Matt's firm was successful, and was able to weather a brief problem caused by a few of its former financial associates. But thanks to the new financial staff, things were running even more efficiently than before.

But thanks to Matt's personal wealth, he had no problem paying for a wedding a few years later. He and his friend, Landon Senior, had once mused long ago that their families could never be united, as they'd both had only boys (all of whom liked women). But that was before Matt's long lost daughter showed up.

----

Lani rolled her eyes. "Stop it. You look fine."

"Fine?"

"Beautiful. Gorgeous. Whatever." She swatted at her friend's hands. "Quit messing with your dress. You look perfect."

Minerva looked at herself again in the mirror. Her red hair cascaded over the shoulders of her white lace dress. "Okay. I'm just... I'm so nervous."

Lani smiled. "I'd be worried if you weren't. Now let's go, it's time." She walked her friend to the back of the church, where Matt Mason waited.

Lani gave one last smile to her friend. "Everything will be fine, Min. I'll see you up front." Then she grabbed her maid of honor bouquet and processed down the aisle.

Matt held out his arm and smiled warmly. "There's a nice young man waiting for you up there."

"I know."

"We could leave, if you wanted," he joked.

She smirked. "No. I found my perfect match. I'm not running away from that like a scared little mouse."

THE END