The Next One Ch. 01

Story Info
Frank's life so far.
10.9k words
4.56
103.6k
41
Story does not have any tags

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 02/12/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Note to readers -- There are no sexual situations in this story where the participants are under eighteen.

Also, I am well aware that the National Guard the way I describe it here is not the way that it really is at this time. The way I have described it is the way that it was in my time and that is the way it works best for the story. If it bothers you just think of this story as taking place in an alternate universe.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

I don't know where I should start. There are several places where I could begin. The place where things started to go bad would be one, the place where the whole story started would be another and there were several places in between the two that could be a jumping off point. The day we met, the day I proposed, the day I deployed to Afghanistan or the day I returned are but a few. Then there would be the day we were married or the day she went to work at Cutter and Sons. Maybe even the day I went to work for XYZ and my subsequent promotions. But the more I think on it I guess that in order to grasp the full picture I need to start at the beginning.

+++++++++++++++++++++

I was six years old at the time. A new family had moved in next door to us during the summer vacation and my parents went over the day they moved in and introduced themselves. They invited the newcomers to dinner since they probably had not unpacked their pots and pans yet.

The new couple came over for dinner and they had a five year old daughter with them. Allison was introduced to me and my mother said:

"Isn't it great Frankie? Now you have a playmate right next door."

Being a typical six year old boy I grimaced and thought to myself, "But she's a girl." Allison was shy and spent most of her time looking at me while hiding behind her parents.

We never did play together that summer although we did get thrown together several times. Our parents became the best of friends and one Saturday at a cookout Allison's parents asked if my parents knew a good babysitter. It seemed that they had something to go to the next evening and my mom said:

"You can leave her here with us. She and Frankie can keep each other company."

"Oh no; we couldn't ask you to do that."

"Sure you can. Some day you can do the same for us."

After that the only time I saw a babysitter was when both sets of parents went out together and then of course the sitter watched both me and Allison.

Allison and I were at odds from the start. She played with dolls and I played with toy cars and trucks. She wanted to move furniture around in her dollhouse and I wanted to build things with my erector set. She couldn't understand why I wouldn't help her dress her dolls or play "Mommy and Daddy" and move things around in her dumb old doll house. Like I said earlier, "she was girl." Girls didn't know nothing about trucks, cars and plastic soldiers. She wouldn't play "Cops and Robbers" or "Cowboys and Indians" with me. She was just a dumb old girl.

++++++++++++++++++

Summer ended and school started and I was told that I had to walk Allison to school. She was starting kindergarten and hadn't been to any kind of pre-school so she was scared and the closer we got to the school the more scared she got and somewhere along the way she grabbed my hand for comfort. I tried to shake it loose, but she held on for dear life. As a result we arrived at school holding hands and all the guys saw it.

"Stay away from Frankie. He's holding hands with a girl so he probably caught cooties" and other stuff like that filled the air.

After school I had to wait for her so she could walk home with me and again it started. "Frankie's gonna get cooties" and the dreaded "Frankie's got a girlfriend, Frankie's got a girlfriend." I was red with shame as we walked home.

The next day Allison wasn't scared so she didn't try to hold my hand, but our parents were firm in their insistence that we should walk to school together and walk home together so I was stuck with it. Stuck with it maybe, but I didn't have to arrive with her next to me. As soon as school was in sight I picked up the pace and was a good ten feet in front of her when I went up the school steps. After school I waited for her and when she came out the door I started walking and I didn't slow down and let her catch up until we were out of sight of the school.

+++++++++++++++++++

As we got older I was relieved of the duty of being Allison's escort to school and by the time she was seven she was walking alone or with some girlfriends. Since we left our houses about the same time each morning I sometimes walked with her and her girlfriends. Our arriving at school that first day was in the past and forgotten by the kids who had tormented me over it.

Things were normal until one day she wore her hair in pigtails to school. As I remember it she was ten at the time and I was eleven, almost twelve. School let out for the day and as I came down the front steps I saw Allison and two of her friends surrounded by four or five guys. At first I thought nothing of it, but then I heard Allison yelp and it sounded like she was in pain. I headed over and I saw that Bert Ellsworth had his hands on Allison's pigtails and he was jerking her head back and forth. He was laughing and saying "Gee" and Haw" as he pulled her head this way and that. "Good little horsey" he said as he jerked her head to the right and Allison yelped again. I walked up to Bert and told him to leave Allison alone and he sneered at me and said:

"And if I don't?"

I hit him and he dropped Allison's pigtails, took a step back and I stepped forward, put both hands against his chest and pushed. He staggered backwards and fell on his ass. He started crying, got up and ran off. While that was going on Allison and her two friends hurried off toward home.

When I got home my mom was waiting for me and she was pissed.

"I just had a phone call from Sally Ellsworth and she told me that you had beaten up her son and she wanted to know what I was going to do about it. Did you? Did you get in a fight with him?"

I started to tell her what had happened, but she cut me off and said, "I won't have it Franklin! I just will not tolerate it. No child of mine is going to be a bully. You hear me? I won't have it! Get up to your room and stay there until your father comes home!"

I ran to my room crying and whining that it wasn't fair; that all I did was what they told me to do which was watch out for Allison. I went to my room, slammed the door behind me and threw myself don't on the bed. "It isn't fair, it isn't fair" I kept saying over and over to myself.

I'd been in my room maybe five minutes when I heard Mrs. Ames (Allison's mom) come in the house.

"Where is he? Where is that young man?" and I thought "Now what did I do?" I'd only ever heard "young man" when I was in trouble for something like the time I tripped and stumbled and tried to catch myself by grabbing the table. The lamp fell off the table and broke on the floor and my mother came into the room, saw the broken lamp and said:

"And what do you have to say for yourself young man?"

Apparently mom told Mrs. Ames I was in my room because I heard feet running up the steps. My door flew open and Mrs. Ames said, "There you are" and she walked over to me and hugged me. Then she kissed me on the cheek and said:

"Thank you Frankie. Thank you for being Allison's protector."

My mom was standing in the door watching and I was thinking, "What the fuck?" (Yes -- I knew the word -- I was eleven you know). I have one adult hugging me and kissing me and one yelling at me and sending me to my room and for doing the same thing. Grown ups didn't make sense.

My dad came home and asked me what happened and after I told him he and Mr. Ames went to see Mr. and Mrs. Ellsworth and I never heard another word about it, but Bert stayed clear of me for the next couple of years.

There was another outcome, but it didn't surface for another five years and when it did it was coupled with something else from the past. Once (and I was told this years later) when my mom and Mrs. Ames were in the kitchen making salads for a backyard cook out they were jokingly making plans for Allison and I to be married when we grew up. Allison was in the kitchen and she heard them, but she was only six or seven at the time and while she heard it she didn't really know what it meant -- then!

+++++++++++++++++

The next five years went by and because of all the time the two families spent together Allison and I grew closer to each other in a brother/sister sort of way. I was long past where I thought that girls gave you cooties and I was starting to pay closer attention to them. The truth of the matter is that I 'was sweet' on a couple of them. I couldn't seem to keep my eyes off of Nancy Wilde or Beverly Abbeg.

One day as we were leaving school Nancy dropped one of her books and I picked it up and ended up carrying her books and walking her home. That started me walking her home every day after school and one day I asked her to go to the movies with me and she said yes. It was just after my third date with Nancy and the day after my sixteenth birthday when Allison asked me what I was doing dating Nancy.

"What kind of question is that?"

"You aren't supposed to be dating other girls; you are supposed to be mine."

"I'm supposed to be yours? Says who?"

"Your mom and my mom are planning the wedding."

"Get serious Allie."

"I am serious. I overheard them planning our wedding."

"We aren't old enough to get married Allie."

"Maybe not, but when we are it is supposed to be you and me; not you and Nancy Wilde."

I started laughing and walked away from her.

The next day when I got home from school I found my mom and Mrs. Ames waiting for me.

"Why did you send Allison home crying yesterday? What did you do to her?"

"I didn't do anything to her."

I told them about what Allie had said and my mom asked me what I did then.

"I laughed at her."

I saw both mothers look at each other and then my mom asked, "Why did you laugh at her?"

"Cause it was just so dumb. Me getting married to Allison? Come on; give me a break here."

"Why? What is wrong with Allison?"

"She's only fourteen."

"She will be fifteen next week."

"So?"

"She's a beautiful girl Frankie and she's obviously stuck on you. Give her a chance Frankie. It wouldn't hurt you to take her out on a date."

I looked from one to the other and it hit me. "It's true. You are trying to hook us up. She wasn't kidding when she said that you guys are already planning the wedding."

"She probably overheard us once when we were joking around, but that's beside the point. Why don't you take her out on a date?"

I let them brow-beat me into it and the next day I asked Allison for a date.

"Why do you want to go out with me?"

I wasn't about to tell her that our mothers were behind it so I said, "I finally stopped looking at you like a sister and woke up to the fact that you are a beautiful girl."

"Beautiful? Me? You really think that?"

The truth was that I did. I HAD stopped looking at her like a sister and saw that indeed she was a damned good looking girl. We went to the movies Saturday and after the movie we went over on Elk Street and played miniature golf. We ended the day at Harry's Malt Shop and we were holding hands when we walked home.

We kissed on the third and fourth dates and on Sunday after that fourth date our parents went somewhere together and Allie came over to my house and we made out on the living room couch. From then on we were a couple. By the time I was seventeen our mothers were jokingly asking if they could start planning the wedding and I was saying "not quite yet" and Allie was saying "Spoil sport! Let them get an early start on it."

++++++++++++++++++++

I was a good student in that I had good attendance and got good -- but not great -- grades, but I hated school so I knew that college was not in my future. I did know that I was going to need a trade so I looked around and tried to guess what would be a good thing for me to try. I decided that computers were here to stay and a little checking showed that the best training in computers and other electronics could be gotten by joining the service.

The only problem there was that I wasn't interested in giving up three years of my life just to learn a trade. Then a friend told me about the National Guard. After basic training and schooling I only had to give them one weekend a month and two weeks every summer. There were no wars going on and there didn't look to be any on the horizon so I signed on the dotted line and as soon as I graduated from high school and turned eighteen I would be off to Camp Bonner for training. I told Allie that I would be back in time for her prom and by the time she graduated high school we could see where we were.

"What do you mean by that? I'm yours and you are mine and that isn't going to change just because you are going to be gone for a while. But I'm holding you to your telling me that you will be back in time to take me to my prom."

++++++++++++++++++++++

I did my basic with no problems and did well enough in the Electronics Technician course that they offered me a place in the advanced electronics course. With training over I was back home in time to take Allison to her senior prom, but she told me that she already had a date and that it was too late to break it.

I wasn't happy with it and I was even less happy when I found out that for the entire time I was gone she had been dating the guy she was going to the prom with. I found that out when I stopped in at Harry's Malt Shop the second night I was back and ran into some guys that I had gone to school with. I also heard that the guy she was dating was bragging about popping her cherry and telling everyone how good she was at giving blow jobs.

The next day I started job hunting and the first place I hit, XYZ Industries, hired me. When Mr. Acker's, the interviewer, asked me what kind of experience I had I told him no actual work experience, but that I had just finished Electronics Technician training.

"What school" he asked me and I told him. "Basic and Advanced?" he asked.

"Yes."

"What was your class standing?"

"Third in Basic and Fourth in Advanced."

"In Advanced was Tim Worthman your instructor?"

"For the last half of it. The first half was taught by Sgt. Parkman."

He asked me to have a seat in his outer office and twenty minutes later he called me back into his office and told me I was hired and could start work the next day. I found out later that Ackers was Sgt. Worthman's cousin and that Acker's had called him and asked about me.

My parents offered to turn the basement into an apartment for me until I could set enough money aside to strike out on my own and I took them up on it. I borrowed enough from my dad to buy a fairly decent Ford F-250 and then I settled in to start my life as an employed adult.

I'd been back a week when my mom asked me why I wasn't going out with Allison and I told her that Allison had a boyfriend and that it wasn't me. She told me that I was being silly and that Allison wouldn't do that to me. I told her what Allison told me about her prom and I told her about what I had found out from my friends (I held back the 'cherry popping and blow jobs) and pointed out the fact that Allison lived right next door and had made no attempt to see me or call me.

"Oh come on Frankie; you know better than that. She isn't supposed to have to come after you. You're the guy Frankie; you do the calling and visiting."

"I did that mom. That's how I found out that I wasn't going to be taking her to the prom. She made me promise that I would be back in time to take her and she told me she was going to hold me to that promise. I kept the promise mom. Here I am and she told me that she had a date for the prom and couldn't break it. As far as I'm concerned Allison is history."

"I'm sure you are mistaken Frankie. It must just be a misunderstanding."

"No it isn't mom and I would appreciate it if you and Mrs. Ames would not try and 'fix it'. Please leave it alone."

++++++++++++++++++++++

Thursday evening I got a call from Marv Pallister asking me if I wanted to go to a party on Friday and I told him I'd love to go. Marv had gone from high school to college and had joined a fraternity. It was my first time at a frat party and I was surprised. Most of the people there were in their late teens, but beer and stronger alcohol were readily available. They had a keg of Miller and both alcoholic and non-alcoholic punches. I was no stranger to beer since I was able to get it at the Enlisted Man's Club while I was in training.

I knew several people there so I got a cup, hit the keg and then walked around and socialized. After I'd been there about an hour I noticed a girl with several guys around her. I didn't recognize her and I mentioned to Marv that she seemed to be pretty popular.

"They are probably feeding her booze to get her drunk enough to pull a train."

"She's done it before?"

"Don't know. I've never seen her here before."

"You don't find that wrong?"

"What's wrong with it? Girls who come to frat parties alone have a pretty good idea of what to expect."

"If she does it sober yeah, but if you have to get her drunk to make it happen?"

"Not my problem. I don't participate. Girls that have multiple partners pick things up. I don't want them sharing with me."

"What if she hollers rape when it is over? You want to be known as a member of this fraternity if she brings the cops and the administration down on the place?"

"You are sweating over nothing."

I just shook my head and walked away from him. I'd known Marv for a good many years and for the most part he was a good guy so I did my best to hide my disgust from him.

I kept my eye on the girl and it wasn't hard to do. Five five and a hundred and ten with long brown hair and a very sexy body topped by a beautiful face. Once when a guy brought her a drink I thought I saw him drop something in it, About ten minutes later the guys with her left her alone while they went to get more drinks or to find an empty room, but for just a bit she was all alone.

I walked over to her, took her by the elbow and walked her unresistingly out of the house. She squinted at me and in a slurred voice she asked me who I was. I told her that I was a friend and that seemed to satisfy her. I got her in my truck and drove away from the house.

It wasn't until I was two blocks away that I thought to ask myself, "Okay; now what?" I couldn't take her home with me and I didn't know who she was or where she lived and even if she was coherent enough to tell me did I want to be the one to take her home in the condition she was in? I would get the blame and I had no doubt about that. I finally decided to check in to a motel.

By the time I got the key and got back to the truck she was passed out and I had to carry her into the room. I pulled the covers down on one bed and put her on it and pulled her shoes off of her. I arranged her on the bed and pulled the covers over her and then sat down on the other bed and asked myself why in the hell I hadn't just minded my own business. I sat there looking at the passed out girl for a bit and then I fell back on the bed and tried to get some sleep.

Slamming car doors woke me in the morning as people loaded up their cars to leave. I looked over at the girl and saw that she was still out. I got up, walked to the windows and moved the drapes aside and looked out and in the daylight I saw a McDonalds across the street. I looked over at the girl and saw that she still hadn't moved so I thought it would be okay to leave her alone for a few minutes.

I walked over to McD's and got two Egg McMuffins and two coffees and went back to the room. She was awake when I got back and when I walked into the room and she saw me she jumped off the bed, ran into the bathroom and I heard the lock click. I walked over to the door and said in a voice loud enough for her to hear: