The Photographer

Story Info
Sometimes things aren't what they seem.
7.3k words
4.52
27.9k
17
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TxRad
TxRad
5,916 Followers

Bill took pictures, but that is such a simple sentence for such a complex man. One picture is worth a thousand words, as the old saying goes, so Bill took pictures and then wrote the story that he saw in the good ones. It had to be at least a thousand words long and sometimes that was hard. At other times, a whole book could be written and still not cover all that was said by that one snapshot.

The first picture he ever took of Rosa was one such as the latter. She had been leaning her elbows on the rail of an old wooden bridge, her chin cupped in her hands as she stared off into the distance. Her right foot was back and the very toe of her sandal was on the wooden planking. It was rocking back and forth absently as her mind wandered wherever she had been that sunny morning.

She was bent at the waist, her butt sticking out. The wind was blowing her long black hair out behind her head. Her full skirt pressed tightly against the front of her hips and thighs. It was all billowy and flapping behind her calves. She had her peasant blouse down off her shoulders and the wind had the front of it molded to her full breasts.

Bill was there early to photograph sailboats as they raced before the wind through the island cut, headed for the Gulf as fast as they could go. Once he saw Rosa, all thoughts of sailboats went right out of his head. His mind was already on the story that would go with the picture.

It only took a moment for him to slip the bracket on the bottom of the camera around his neck to its other half on the head of his walking staff. The staff was cut to just the right height to be used as a rest for taking pictures. At Bill's age, he needed all the steadying he could get.

With quick movements of his hands, he adjusted the focus and snapped off a series of pictures. He was trying to get just the right mixture of her hair and the dress blowing in the wind. He wished that she would turn slightly but she seemed lost in her own thoughts and oblivious to him.

Bill took one last picture and dismounted his camera from the staff. He continued to walk on past the young woman and on out to the center of the bridge. He mounted the camera, took several shots from this side of the girl before turning his attention to the cut, and focused in on a large sailboat.

It must have been a good day for sailing because the boats came along one after the other. Bill had never been sailing but it had always fascinated him. The sun was getting high and casting too little shadow to give the boats and their sails depth and contrast, so it was time to pack it in for the day.

Bill turned to see the young woman leaning her left elbow on the rail, her hip cocked out to the opposite side, looking at him intently. Her hair and dress were now blowing out to the side. Bill nodded at her and took several quick pictures. When the girl did not move or protest Bill took several more at a more leisurely rate. Once again, he tried to capture the perfect mixture of blowing hair and dress.

When she stood up straight, Bill figured she had had enough and was going to leave. To his surprise, she walked over to him and asked, "Are you a professional photographer?"

"Not really, I take pictures and then write stories. Magazines buy the stories and some of the time the pictures also. That's how I make my living now that I am retired."

"Why did you take my picture? Are you going to write about me?"

Bill thought how best to answer that and ended up with the truth. "Yes, I will write about you but not for a magazine, it will be for myself."

"And what will you write? How would you know what to write? You know absolutely nothing about me."

Bill shrugged. "I don't know anything about you, but my mind will find a story in the pictures. It always does and it always has."

"Would you let me read it?"

Sticking with the truth, Bill told her, "I don't know. Sometimes the stories I write for me get a little personal, you know, like fantasies and such. I might be to embarrassed with what my mind comes up with to let you or anyone else read it."

The girl dropped her eyes and Bill thought she blushed but with her dark skin, it was hard to tell. "See, I've already embarrassed you," Bill said hastily.

"No, I embarrassed myself. You aren't the only one with a wayward mind."

She turned and took several steps before turning back. "My name is Rosa. So you will have at least that much right," she said with a smile.

"My name is Bill."

"Good to meet you Bill." She replied before turning and walking away.

Bill took the rest of the pictures on that roll of film of her as she walked away.

*****

At home, Bill developed the pictures of Rosa and the sailboats. Later, he stacked her pictures and put them aside so he could concentrate on the boats. He laid them all out on his dinning room table and slowly scanned each one with a magnifying glass looking for something, anything that might be magazine story worthy.

The only problem was he could not concentrate. Other than pretty sails and boats, there was nothing that caught his eye or his imagination as much as Rosa did. He finally gave up, scooped them all into a pile, and stacked them on the corner of the table.

Getting Rosa's pictures from the dark room, he laid them out in the order he had taken them. He hadn't realized he had taken so many of her until he had started developing them. His eyes wandered down the rows and his hands picked up ten of them. Three from where she was bent over on the rail from the left side, two from the right side, two from where she was leaning against it, and three from where she was walking away.

The first one of the earliest set caught his eye for several reasons. Foremost was the wistful faraway, slightly sad look on her beautiful face. It made Bill feel like he should take her in his arms and just hold her tightly. She looked lost and alone.

The second reason was the curve of her breast and the hard point of her nipple showing under the pressure of the thin wind blown cloth of her blouse. The thin cloth of her skirt pressed into the V between her thighs tight enough to show the mounding of her sex. It hit Bill as being highly erotic.

The same could be said about the downward arch of her back and the way her foot was placed. The wind blown skirt hid her ass but at the same time, it drew the eye to that point. It was a launching point for the imagination and was mirrored in the flow of her long raven black hair.

The story was starting to flow, which made Bill hurry to his old typewriter on his desk. He stood the picture against the wall so he could see it as he typed. He was fumble fingered as he loaded a sheet of paper.

Once he had it in place, he began to bang away at the old machine as fast as his fingers could hit the keys with any accuracy. As it was, his fingers were having all kind of trouble keeping up with his thoughts.

He wrote:

Rosa stared out over the channel with wistful eyes and a sad heart. All the pretty sailboats were a reminder that her husband would not be back. The dangers of the sea had finally swallowed him whole. All she had left were memories.

Her husband had been twenty-three when his ship was reported missing in a hurricane. She had lost their baby a month later. Lost and alone, she constantly contemplated joining all the ones she loved the most that were gone. She would never do it, she was too much of a coward, and she feared God too much.

An old man taking her picture caught her eye. She ignored him but wondered if he knew the answer to her most provocative question. Why did good people have to die so young? Her mother had died when Rosa was ten. Her brother was only nineteen when he had died in the war

The old man might know the answers. With age came experience and wisdom, maybe he could tell her what she needed to know. There would be a price to pay for such information. There always was. Nothing in life was free.

No one either, for that matter, she thought as she turned to look at the old man. His hair was iron gray but showed no signs of receding. His deep tan, crow's feet, and the laugh lines around his mouth showed he was outdoors a lot and a happy person.

He also struck her as an old soul, a person who had seen and done much in their life. He looked strangely familiar but from a long time ago, an impossibly long time ago. She could not put her finger on it but she knew she had known him before. Before what, she was not certain but they had been lovers.

*****

Bill paused in his typing and looked at the picture of Rosa. Where the hell had all that come from and why was he in his own story? He never put himself in his stories.

With a sigh, he got up and moved to his old recliner. In a few minutes, he was asleep. The dreams he had were vivid and raunchy, more like memories than dreams in fact. He moaned in his sleep.

*****

Over the next three or four days he wrote on the story. Actually, to his way of thinking, the story wrote itself and he just typed. Where it all came from he still didn't know but it should have lit the paper on fire.

*****

A few weeks later, Bill was taking pictures in a small park near the beach when he caught sight of Rosa walking along a path. He turned his camera away from the children on the small playground to snap a picture of her. She was wearing what appeared to be the same peasant blouse and full skirt.

When she saw him, she waved and crossed the grassy lawn. Her smile was as seductive as the sway of her hips. Bill took several shots even as his mind brought up excerpts from his story. He also felt his manhood swelling.

To get his mind off the story before he embarrassed himself, he looked up from the camera and asked, "How are you today, Miss Rosa."

"It's just Rosa to you and I'm wonderful today. I was headed for a walk on the beach. Would you care to join me?"

Bill looked around at the kids on the playground and then back to Rosa. "It would be my pleasure. You are far more interesting than anything in this park."

Rosa dropped her eyes and Bill could see a hint of a blush this time. "You are such a terrible liar," she whispered as she looked up at him, an even bigger smile on her face.

Bill grinned as he noted the smile. "That may be so but it has nothing to do with the fact that you are a very beautiful and intriguing woman."

Rosa laughed and shook her head. "There you go again. You must be very good with your stories."

"Some say yes and some no. Your story wrote itself." He told her.

"When can I read it?" She asked with excitement in her eyes.

"Uh . . . well . . . I . . . uh . . ." The story was pure fantasy and the most pornographic thing he had ever written. "I'd be too embarrassed to have you read it. I kind of let my imagination run away and get too wild for anyone to ever read it."

Rosa cocked her head to the side for a moment and then grinned. "Now I know I have to read it. If for no other reason than to see, what your imagination is capable of. I take it you made me a very bad girl."

Bill stammered even worse and then just nodded. Rosa laughed at his discomfort and then took his arm.

"Let's walk," she said as she pulled him in the direction of the beach.

*****

They walked and talked most of the morning. The story was not mentioned again but they covered whole volumes about each other's lives, as well as their wants and desires for the future. They were so wrapped up in conversation that neither noticed how far they had gone.

Gusts of wind and darkening clouds finally broke through to them. There was a storm bearing down on them from the sea and they were far from town and any kind of shelter that Bill knew of. The same could not be said of Rosa. She led them off into the dunes on a dead run.

The old ship was upright and half buried in the white sand. Bill saw it as they rounded a high dune. He slid to a stop and started to take pictures. He had been all up and down the local beaches and never even imagined anything like this ship existed.

Rosa ran on toward the ship but stopped just short and waved him on. "The storm will be here any second," she yelled over the rising wind.

Bill looked over his shoulder and saw the curtain of rain only a few hundred yards behind him. He took off at a run, trying to cover his camera as he went. The rain was cold with large drops that stung when they hit bare skin. He was soaked by the time he was even halfway to the ship. Rosa was not far ahead and she looked soaked as well. Bill's mind was already working on a story about two people caught in a rainstorm.

Rosa entered the ship through a hole in the side and Bill caught up in less than a minute. Rosa was half sitting and half leaning on an old metal table. She had a big grin on her face as she shook her head wildly to get the water out of her long hair.

Her peasant blouse fell off one shoulder, which just added to her sexy sensuous nature. The wet material clung to her breast on that side and molder itself to the full globe shape. The wet cloth of the skirt stuck to her thighs. Bill was mesmerized as he took in her beauty.

Bill suddenly scrambled to get his camera set up. Rosa was ringing her hair out as he finished. He took several pictures and then looked around before he checked the settings on the camera. It was brighter here inside the ship than he had originally thought.

The room they were in was more of a cubical, as it had no ceiling. It must have been some kind of office for a cargo hole. Large holes high above and more to the center were open, which he took to be cargo hatches and they let in the light as well as the rain. It was dry where they were but wet on the other side of the wall.

"You like taking my picture, don't you," Rosa said.

Bill grinned and nodded. "A beautiful woman is always a welcome thing to take pictures of. They have so many different facets. They are always changing and never get dull or boring."

Rosa laughed; it was a high sweet sound. "That is true; women change and are rarely the same twice."

Bill took several more pictures as Rosa combed her hair with her fingers and then rung more water out of it. But mostly he just watched the play of muscles under the skin of her arms as she twisted and squeezed her hair. Her long fingers were so graceful.

When she had most of the water wrung out of her hair, she shook her head wildly again. Bill instantly was snapping pictures. Rosa saw what he was doing. With a big grin, she stood up suddenly and whipped the peasant blouse off over her head.

Bill took her picture and then lowered the camera as if he did not believe what it showed. He also realized that his imagination had not done justice to Rosa's full rounded breasts. They sat high on her chest and pointed slightly outward. The dark circles were very large and her hard nipples crinkled at the base with the cold and her excitement.

Rosa wrung water out of the blouse. Bill hurried to take several more shots of her. When she turned to spread the blouse out on the table, Bill took several pictures of her from the back. Her back was straight with an indent along her spine. He was fascinated by the way her shoulder blades moved, as she worked with the cloth.

Straightening up, Rosa looked over her shoulder and smiled at him. "I've never taken my clothes off in front of anyone before and I'm not sure why I'm doing it now," she said in a low soft voice.

"It's the camera. Some people get shy in front of it and others find their exhibitionist streak. You seem to fall into the latter category."

Rosa's laugh was close to a giggle. "It is interesting, the way it makes me feel. There is also the thought of what your story will be about this time. If I was such a bad girl from the pictures on the bridge then what will I be like without my clothes on."

"A lot more detailed," Bill whispered more to himself than to her.

Rosa laughed and hooked her thumbs in the waistband of the skirt. "Then I guess I should show you the rest of me."

Bill licked his lips nervously and whispered, "Yes please, and slowly."

The elastic waistband of the skirt started to move downward slowly. Bill's eye went to the camera and he held his breath as Rosa's ass slowly came into sight. He took several pictures along the way, showing the progression from covered to bare.

As the waistband went down the back of her thighs, Rosa bent at the waist. Bill almost forgot to take pictures as he realized her sex was peeking at him from between her upper thighs. The more she bent over, the more prominent her sex became.

Bill suddenly remembered his camera about the time she stepped to the side over the waistband. "Oh my Lord!" he whispered as she stepped with the other foot off to that side. With her feet spread a little wider than shoulder width, her ass and sex were perfectly displayed, in all their glory.

Slowly Rosa straightened up. She gave a little shivering quiver and turned around. She held the skirt in one hand off to the side. Bill clicked several pictures as she turned and of her from the front. She was breathtaking.

"I..." Rosa started to say and then paused. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "I feel so wicked and wanton," she whispered. "But I also love the thrill I'm getting. I've never felt anything like it."

"I understand completely," Bill whispered back. "I also understand that I didn't do you near the justice in my story that I should have."

Rosa smiled and dropped her eyes as she whispered, "I still want to read your story and the one you'll write from these pictures. I know I'll blush and squirm but..." She let the sentence trail off.

"What else would you do?" Bill asked softly.

She glanced up at him and then blushed deeply. "I have no idea what you mean," she said quickly and then grinned as she turned to wring out the skirt.

Bill took her picture and then had to change rolls of film. As he did, he asked, "Are you a virgin?"

Rosa laughed and shook her head. "No. I was married at one time, a long time ago. He died in a storm on a ship much like this one."

"Then this isn't a good place for you?"

Rosa took a moment to lay out the skirt on the table and then turned to look at the man with the camera. "Actually it is. I feel close to him here and that is a good thing. Like I said, it was long ago and I was a different person."

"You aren't old enough for it to have been that long ago," Bill said as he raised the camera and took her picture as she sat down on the edge of the table and leaned back on her hands.

Her feet were fairly wide apart but the thick black hair on her sex hid it completely. Her stomach was flat but soft looking. Her breasts were separated even more by the way her arms were pulled back. This would be one of the sexiest pictures he had taken so far.

Rosa had not answered his question but then again maybe she took it for a statement. Instead, she asked, "You do know that I'm very excited and very wet don't you?"

Bill nodded and squatted down to take another picture of her. From this lower angle, her sex was even more the focal point and her breasts framed her face. Bill lowered the camera and licked his lips. He had the sudden urge to move forward and bury his face in that dark patch of hair.

"What would you think of me if I touched myself?" Rosa asked in a breathy whisper.

"I'd think you were even more beautiful than I think you are now, which is saying a lot," Bill whispered back.

Her right hand came up to hover over her left breast. She hesitated a few seconds, caressed her breast lightly, and then whispered, "I've always wonder what it would be like to do this in front of someone, a stranger at that."

"So how is it?" Bill asked as he took her picture.

Her fingers brushed over the underside of her breast and then made circles around her hard puckered nipple. Breathily she whispered, "Wonderfully exciting."

TxRad
TxRad
5,916 Followers
12