The Play Ch. 01

Story Info
A wife and how her infidelity was discovered.
9.1k words
4.32
135.7k
81

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 10/11/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fawguy88
fawguy88
540 Followers

Discovering that your wife of twenty years has betrayed you can be devastating, especially if it hits you without warning. Perhaps a little explanation is necessary. My wife' Jessica and I met, courted and married over twenty years ago. She was the only woman for me, a fact I recognised after our first date. Way back then, she was an attractive blonde with a shapely figure and long legs and she still is. Standing at five six in her bare feet, she was only a couple of inches shorter than me.

To cut a long story short, within eighteen months, she became my wife, Jess Fuller. Over the years, she has retained that attractiveness and figure despite bearing me two sons, now both off our hands and making their way in the world. I told you she had retained her great figure and I wish the same could be said for myself. I had put on more than a few extra pounds and my hair, always on the thin side had started to get even thinner. I wasn't bald, but moving that way. Jess had complained occasionally that I was getting fat and encouraged me to take action to stop the slide and I had responded and started to shed a few pounds through regular exercise and diet adjustments. There wasn't much I could do about my receding hair line, but at least I was trying to restore my appearance and hopefully my attractiveness to my wife.

Our sex life was always gentle and loving, but lately I had sensed that she was less spontaneous in her response to my advances. I hoped that by making the effort, we could restore our love life to its previous levels. In our early years, we went at it like rabbits, but as the years slipped past, the frequency reduced as it does with most couples, but we both agreed that trading frequency and passion for care and tenderness, more than compensated for that.

I have read many stories on this web site and others about the husband being the last to know his wife was seeking to supplement her sex life elsewhere and the usual scenarios of how he discovered her betrayal. These range from the cliché, arriving home early and walking in on the act to finding out from behavioural changes. You know the kind of thing, more attentiveness and eagerness to have sex outside the normal pattern to mood changes or deprival of sex completely!

In my case none of the above fit the bill. No, in my situation, I watched it happen and despite my best efforts, I could not prevent the outcome. It all started perfectly innocently. After our sons, Andrew and Peter flew the nest we found ourselves with time on our hands and after a lot of discussion, decided to join our local amateur dramatic society. Jess had some experience of acting having been a part of the Am Dram scene in college. I had no experience of acting at all, but I was soon roped in, at first as a stage hand and then invited to undertake several walk on parts. Mostly, I had little to say or do, but when called upon, I responded and to my surprise discovered that I was pretty good. I think it was mostly because I never fluffed my lines and was reliable. Our society mostly did comedies or farces which were always well received by the audience.

All that was a couple of years ago and now Jess was taking second leads and sometimes the lead in some of the productions. Leo Bertram, our regular Director asked for a meeting with Jess and I the night before a scheduled meeting to discuss our next production.

After the usual preliminaries were completed he turned to Jess first and said, "Jess, I want to do something a little more risqué this time. It's going to be loosely based on The Graduate. I say, loosely because of the copyright laws. You must have seen the film, Anne Bancroft and Dustin Hoffman, older woman and younger man, there's an attraction and she seduces him and so on. It's a story about attraction and seduction and the impact it has on everyone involved. Our version, is not as dark as the film. I want to introduce some humour at the appropriate moment, but the ending will be a tragedy and I want you, Jess for the lead!"

Turning to me he said, "Tom, I want you for the role as her husband? As I said this is going to be more risqué than anything we have done before and I have to ask if you are prepared to accept Jess getting kissed and fondled by a much younger man?" "Fondled!" I exclaimed, "just what exactly are we talking about here? You'll need to explain this in more detail before we agree to anything!"

"Of course, of course I'll explain it all to you both, but rest assured the sex will only be simulated! There will be kissing, naturally and some tongue interchange. Maybe some breast stimulation, underneath her dress if possible, we need to demonstrate that the leading lady is attracted to the young man and that it develops into a sexual relationship."

I decided he was trying it on to see just how far I would permit this to go!

"So, you want me to allow some young lothario to seduce my wife in front of an audience and then........"

"No!" he interrupted, "It's a play! That's all. Yes it will stretch both you and Jess's acting abilities to the full. I have copies of the script with me and all I'm asking is that you read them tonight and let me know tomorrow if you are prepared to give it a go."

"Where are you going to get to play my would be lover. We don't have any young men in our present cast that would fit the bill?" Jess asked him. "I have that covered too. I know a man that teaches Drama at the one of the major schools in London. He has several young actors that are looking for the opportunity to develop their stage awareness and he thinks they would be delighted to spend the summer season working with us, unpaid of course. They should be at the meeting tomorrow night, I you want to meet your co-star before committing yourself, but I assure you, he is quite handsome, but also very young!"

We ended up agreeing to read the script and tell him our decision tomorrow regarding our participation. We did read the scripts and I was concerned about the love scenes. Jess, on the other hand seemed to quite excited at the prospect of setting out to seduce a shy young man, so much so that she nearly fucked me to a standstill that night.

In the morning we talked about the script and her excitement about the part was palpable. I knew then that she was desperate to do the role. I asked her about the sex scene and she said, "It's only a simulation! It's not as if I'm actually going to fuck him. As for the fondling, well, I get much the same kind of treatment every Christmas from the men I work with and I've learned how to handle them. Is this jealousy that's making you baulk at us taking the part or is it something deeper?"

Was I jealous of her role? After some thought I realised that, no, not really, but I was certain that I had misgivings about her kissing him and letting him take liberties with her beautiful body. Not just that, but in front of an audience, most of whom knew us! That was what was at the root of my problem. I loved Jess and trusted her implicitly, but even simulated sex in a public theatre would start the tongues wagging! Many of our colleagues from work would also be in that audience. What would they make of it all?

I explained my thinking to her and hoped that she would agree not to take the part, but she said, "I understand all that, but it's only an act! I really want to play the role and I think that you are being ridiculous in raising these stupid objections! I love you and you only. This is just too good a part to turn down!"

Seeing that she was so determined and that further procrastination was not going to sway her, I said, "OK, do the bloody role, but for the record, I'm telling you now, I'm not happy about it!"

I noted that she could hardly keep the smile from her lips as she asked, "You have nothing to worry about. You're my man and this play is just for fun. I want to see if I can still be attractive to a young man, even if he is acting a part like me. Now, are you going to take the role as my husband? I really need you to be there for me, it's important that I have your trust in this!"

I thought about and decided that this was one of those occasions that I would be wise to accede to her request, so I nodded my agreement. She came to me and gave me a hug and gave me a promise that I would get my reward after the meeting tonight. The meeting that night was predictable and short. Many of our regular actors were miffed because this play had only three main characters, myself as the cuckold husband, Jessica as the vamp wife in lead, Gerry, her toy boy and would be conquest. The remaining parts were of a walk on nature and no real importance to the story. Sonja and Jason, the other two young actors had small parts to play as well. Jess and Gerry seemed to hit it off right away and as the rest of us discussed the rehearsal programme, they sat quietly together exchanging ideas about how to present their affair on stage, or at least I thought that was what they were doing.

In an effort to appease some of the more vocal objectors, Leo asked for volunteers to understudy me and Jess. Mary Adams and Alan Ward took those roles and rehearsals planned. We had two weeks to the dress rehearsal and then the play would run for three nights Thursday through Saturday. Our experience gained from previous productions led us to believe that three nights was all that the local community would support, hence the short run. Before the meeting broke up Jason asked if anyone would like a lodger as the three young student actors needed a place to stay while in town. He was also looking for folk to feed them their dinner each evening. Jess started to put her hand up, but a quick squeeze on her arm from me stopped that.

I whispered to her, "It's enough that you have to try and seduce Gerald and pretend to fuck him without inviting him into our home as well. If I was the jealous type, I might think you really do fancy him and I don't intend to provide him with even more opportunities to do just that. So, just stick to your role and remember who you will be going home with each night."

She retorted with a thinly disguised anger as she almost snarled, "You're fucking jealous already and we haven't even started! What are you going to be like when I start kissing him? Maybe, we should think again?"

"No, I apologise and you're right, I am getting jealous without any cause to be. I really want you to do this role, but I don't mind if we feed them occasionally while they are in town, but I want you all to myself in our own home. I had enough of sharing you when our sons were at home. I know it's selfish of me, but I love you and want to spend as much time as possible with you."

Jess seemed to like that answer, as she squeezed my thigh and said, "I'll convince you later that I love you too. Please no more comments about Gerry, I need him to be ready for the play and free from any hassle from you. He's nervous enough as it is without you adding any more pressure to him."

I promised to chill out and let them the space they wanted to rehearse and refine their roles. So it was that arrangements were made to accommodate and feed our guests. Jess and I were to host them to dinner them twice each week during their two weeks stay. The rehearsals were scheduled to begin the following week. Jess and I turned up for the rehearsals dressed as we usually did for these events, jeans and shirt. In Jess' case she had a cashmere sweater on that emphasised her full breasts and flat tummy. Leo ran through the basic outline of the plot.

Act 1 The first scene was to be set in a restaurant where Jessica (Jess) and Mary Adams were lunching. Gerald (Gerry), Jason and Sonja were also dining and Mary was to make the introductions as she was related to Gerald's father. After the introductions were made they were to spend some minutes chatting before the youngsters took their leave. Jessica was to remark to Mary about how handsome Gerald was and comment about how she would be more than willing to let him do her, if he showed any interest in her at all! Mary, an old friend and well aware of Jessica's lusty nature, would chatter on about her previous lovers, to set the scene that she (Jessica) had a history and was more than willing to share her bed with young men if the opportunity arose. The second part of the scene was engineered to introduce my character to the audience and convey to them that I was totally ignorant of my wife's affairs!

Act 2 The next scene was the one where Jess was to flirt with Gerald and start his seduction. The scene was set on a balcony of a hotel where the rest of us were dining. Jessica and Gerald had gone outside, him to smoke and her to get some fresh air. This setting was where Jessica was to commence with her plan to seduce him. The dialogue was well crafted and witty in places and I thought that a few laughs before the last scene change would probably be welcome, but before that, there was a final scene between them that would set the tongues wagging before the climax. This was to be their first deep kiss and he was to caress her breasts and she was to slow the pace a little by delaying the action before agreeing to meet him again.

Act 3 This act was a real doozy and if the final scene from Act 2 hadn't got the audience's attention, then this one surely would! The dialogue would convey to the audience that their affair had now been running for some weeks and lead to the finale where I was to discover their affair and confront them.

After a quick talk through, reading from the script, we broke up for the evening. I wanted to go straight home as we both had work in the morning, but Jess insisted we go to the pub for a quick drink and to be sociable to our new guests. I ordered up the first round and paid for it and turned to speak with Jess, but she was deep in conversation with Gerry. I was going to interrupt them, when Jason and Sonja collared me and we started to chat about our respective pasts. I discovered that the three of them had met up at Stage School and that Sonja and he were more than just fellow actors and were in fact living together. Gerry was their close friend and I also discovered, a bit of a lad with the ladies. It was Sonja who had inadvertently let that gem slip and I watched her embarrassment as she realised what she had let slip. She was a good actress though and she managed to wriggle out of her own predicament rather nicely, I thought.

................................................................................................................................................... Rehearsals started in earnest the following night with the opening act. This was mostly introducing the players and setting the tone for the drama to follow. It was easy for me to watch from the wings as Jessica started her campaign by flirting with Gerald.

The second night of the rehearsals was more difficult as in this act they got to kiss and I had to stand there and watch as my wife at first gave him some soft kisses on his lips, but by the end of the act she was exchanging tongues with him. At one point he made the first move to take their affair to the next level and tried to caress her breasts over her sweater. This was in the script and the actual contact was to be on the blind side from the audience. I thought that she handled it very well by moving his hands firmly down to her sides.

I thought I handled it very well too. Acting a part was one thing and one can lose oneself in the character, but standing in the wings, waiting for my cue to get on stage, watching my wife getting more and more into her role as a seductress was another experience altogether.

I kept telling myself, it's only a play and she is acting out a part, but the kisses seemed to be getting longer and the way they clung to each other, belly to belly and slowly gyrating made it very hard for me. .......................................................................................................................................................... There were benefits of course. When we got home each night after the rehearsals, Jess was on me as soon as we were in the door. She was insatiable and foreplay was out of the question! It was rutting, no other words adequately fit the bill. Afterwards, I tried to get her to talk about why she was so randy and she said, "Tom, come on! Honesty, you can be so stupid at times, you must know why. Good God, I spend half the night kissing and getting close to another man and yes, he is slowly getting to me. I'm so wet after every rehearsal and I'm surprised that my jeans aren't displaying the evidence for all to see. You needn't worry though, after all you're the one reaping the benefit, not him. Make the most of this opportunity because once the play is over, likely as not, we'll be back to the same old, same old twice a week routine."

"Why do we need to revert to the same old, same old as you so nicely put it? Maybe we should use this as a chance to inject some new passion into our lives?" I retorted.

"It could certainly do with an injection of something! The last few nights have been marvellous and I'm getting too really like the attention you've been giving me. So keep it up, so to speak." She replied with a smile.

"Now, on a more serious note." she continued, "Tomorrow night, we move onto Act three rehearsals and the big bedroom scene climax, bed and all! Are you sure you will be able to handle that?"

"To be honest, I'm not too sure! You will be in bed with your young lover and simulating having sex with him, then I come in and confront you. There may not be too much acting involved from my standpoint, how about you? You've already as much as admitted that he turns you on just kissing and holding you. Are you going to be able to keep it at a simulation level?"

"Good question. I think that having you there and with your impeccable sense of stage timing, you will dampen his ardour somewhat too easily. He does get enormous erections when we are in the clinches, he must have blue balls by now and it's really quite amusing turning him on so much and then deserting him just like that. The bonus is that I get to go home and screw the man I love to exhaustion." ...................................................................................................................................................

The Act three rehearsals was tough for me, I stood in the wings as they ran through their lines and then took her to the bed. They were still fully dressed and had some problems keeping the duvet from slipping off them. That would need to be fixed, and with the assistance of some Velcro applied to the strategic points they managed to get through the sex scene with a lot of giggling and innuendos flying around.

When they were reaching towards their climax, it was my cue to stride on-stage and confront them. The pair broke apart with creditable screams of dismay at having been caught, clutching the duvet to their chests in an effort to hide their modesty. At this point I pulled out the gun and pointed it at Gerald's chest, but held my fire. This was to be my biggest moment and I wanted to stretch it out a bit.

On seeing my hesitation, Jessica started to plead with me not to do anything rash, she vowed that she still loved me and this was only a fling! She tried to assure me that this was the first and only time she had cheated on me and begged me to let him go. I rebutted that assertion and asked her why she needed to take a lover, if she was so.... in love with me but before she could answer and right on cue, Gerald interrupted and said sneeringly, "Because you can't give her what she needs anymore. You are old, fat and balding, what makes you think that you hold any attraction for her? And I'll tell you something else, you don't cut it bed with her anymore, that's why she turned to me. I can sure make her jump, don't I honey?" This was my big moment as I turned the gun on him once more and fired twice into his chest! Jessica went down and cradled him in her arms crying and before I could change my mind, I put two bullets into her as well!

fawguy88
fawguy88
540 Followers