The Pre Wake

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, he hasn't. I do love you Robert, I grew to love you during our time together. I know Darren has always had this hold over me but, living openly with a lover? I would never do that to you, to knowingly embarrass us all among the parishioners we grew up with. But, now Darren wants to retire, leave his parish and move in with me. I couldn't do that to my congregation and still be able to preach the values of marriage from the pulpit, so I resigned my position too. After the divorce I have no idea how or where I will live."

"He is not retiring, Pauline," I said sadly, "he has to resign or be sacked. He has had a string of affairs, ruining the lives of a number of couples' lives in our old parish. His own Bishop is a fool and covered up Greensward's moral failings for far too long. With the evidence I sent him when I heard John died, it has finally forced his Bishop to hang him out to dry. This afternoon, after you sprung the divorce on me, I offered to take Greensward off their hands and provide him a living, calling in a favor from the Bishop of this diocese."

"We can be at the Skyline in half-an-hour, and still have time to get back if he's not there," Adrienne said, as she strode briskly to the door, barking an order to the servant standing there, sending him off running to the dining hall. Within a couple of minutes, four burly cousins came in and bundled John, who bellowed like a beast being dragged from the square meal he desired so badly, through the door.

"We've got this covered, Addy dear," grunted Gareth, "you stay here and patch things up." Gareth and Sylvia followed John and the party, but not before kissing their daughter in farewell and squeezing the shoulders of both Pauline and I, wordlessly offering us hope that together we'd get past this mess.

In the silence, amid the candles guttering in the disturbed air, Pauline asked in her small voice,"What happens now?"

"Either we're both going to be parents to our lovely son again, and doting grandparents, sweetheart," I said, "or it will come down to you making the sacrifice for once."

THE END