The Predators Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What took you so long?"

"Why are you such a dick?" she said with a snort. Grabbing his arm, she was already hustling him down the corridor. "You can talk as we move, or is that too much multi-tasking for you?"

"Damn. You're especially bitchy tonight," Vick observed as they walked out to the car.

"Yeah, well, I was having hot sex with my boyfriend when you decided to ruin my night, so excuse me if I'm not fluttering my eyelashes with eagerness to see you."

The two detectives threw a few casual insults at each other to hold off the inevitable, but eventually they had no choice but to talk about the case as they sped toward the crime scene.

As Vick swerved the dark sedan onto Camden Ave, he glanced out the window at the full, sickly-pale moon.

"So...what have we got?" Fay asked.

"Same MO as our two sick son of a bitch psychos in the Martin case. Our second vic is Jessica Carleton, age 22."

Fay wanted to punch out the window, but she settled for clenching her hands.

"Where'd they find the body?"

Vick shrugged. "Abandoned warehouse on the west side."

"Cause of death?"

"Who said she was dead?" Vick turned to her with a sudden grin. "We get lucky, we might just have ourselves a new lead."

"You asshole!" Fay punched him hard in the shoulder, hard enough that the car swerved just a bit.

"OW. Hey, that hurt."

"Good, because you deserved it. Now spill before I make that hit seem like a love tap."

"All right, well, we have a video file on a thumb drive found at the scene. We haven't analyzed it yet, but I'm fairly sure what we're going to find."

Fay's teeth clenched. "So they raped and tortured her. OK, and how did she survive? Did she escape?" The hope in Fay died as soon as she saw Vick's expression.

"Sorry, kid, we're lucky, but not THAT lucky. They drugged her with something, probable overdose, whatever it was. Don't ask me why our perps changed methods this time, but figuring that out is next on my to-do list. Our vic's in a coma, they've got her stable, but as far as when or if she wakes up, that depends on how much of a fighter she is."

Fay sat back and chewed on a fingernail. 'Please be a fighter,' she thought. It would take just one stroke of luck to break this case wide open, that and a whole lot of determination and elbow grease. Speaking of which...

She pulled out her cell and began looking up the contact she'd been dreading to dial.

"We're almost there," Vick said. "Who are you calling?"

"Shut up." She covered the phone's speaker with her hand. "I'm calling the one person I don't want to call."

"Okay, not that I don't love how mysterious you're being, but what's up?"

"What's up is none of your damned business. I'm calling to find out who's taking over for Dmitri, whether it's Kasimir the brother, or Tolya the son."

"I thought we just talked about this. I thought Dmitri's body was still too fresh, that it was still too early to tell, no?"

Fay cringed. "Well, that's true, except I do have someone on the inside."

"You - wait, WHAT?"

The beautiful blonde detective waved her hand dismissively. "It's not what you think...it's not like I'm running some undercover operation behind your back, old man. He's just a guy I know from what seems like a lifetime ago. We've got a history. He'll tell me what I want to know about the succession, he'll know who's going to come out on top."

Vick scratched his balding head. "Okay...so why didn't you call him sooner?"

"Because he won't give me the info I want without asking for something in return."

Vick went silent as they turned onto the street with the warehouse. Telltale blue and red flashes lit up the night.

"Judging from that expression, I'm guessing his price is going to be a steep one," Vick murmured.

"Oh, you have no idea."

END OF PART 2...To Be Continued

~~~~~~~~~~

I rarely write femdom, and it won't feature prominently in the rest of the story, but for this chapter I felt it really fit in with Detective Fay's personality and character, so I chose to include it. I hope you enjoyed part 2, and I promise that at least two more parts are coming. On a side note, if there's something you want to see more of, please feel free to include in the comments. This is my first crack at detective noir/noncon erotica, so I'll do my best.

Remember, it's more than okay to indulge your darker side a little here and there. Actually, it's even healthy :)

~gaggedKitty

12