The Road Trip

Story Info
Vacation takes an unexpected turn.
10k words
4.6
66.9k
15
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TxRad
TxRad
5,920 Followers

On a hot rainy, late summer afternoon, Bob and Chris headed out for their yearly vacation. It was their annual get reacquainted, visit family and old friend jaunt over a large part of the countryside. It had been a harder year than most and they really needed this time. Bob had, had to search for a new job twice when the computer companies he'd worked for went belly up. They were fine now in that respect as he had gotten on with a very diverse software company at a good starting pay. It was just the fact of having to start at the bottom again that rankled Bob. Their most devastating problem came when Chris lost the baby they had both worked so hard to conceive. It had happened two months before when she was in her ninth week. She had slipped on the stairs and taken a fall. The next day she was in the hospital with a miscarriage. Both of them had been heartbroken.

Being married for almost ten years they had expected kids far earlier. After their second anniversary she had stopped the birth control pills; on this they had both agreed. They had expected to have their first child shortly there after, followed by a second a year or so later and then she would have her tubes tied and that would be that. They would have their family and live happily ever after or so they thought. Their lovemaking had taken on a whole new excitement once she was off the pill. The frequency, duration, and passion all three seemed to increase. Their sex life was wild and free, they both wanted a baby.

As time went on and Chris didn't become pregnant their enthusiasm slacked off and little nagging worries started to set in. Six months after she had stopped the pills, Chris made the first of many trips to the clinic. They even called Bob in for some tests. At the end of the third year the Doctors basically said that Chris had some scare tissue on her ovaries and may never have kids. But then again she could get pregnant at anytime; it was a crap shot.

They had gone home and gone about their business as usual but there was always that underlying depression about not having kids. They had even discussed adoption from time to time. The years passed and although their sex lives were good; they still felt there was something missing.

Early in February Chris went in for a check up and there was a new, younger Doctor on the staff that had seen her. Just for the heck of it, she asked him if there was anything new that could be done about her condition. Surprisingly, he said there were several possibilities. They had discussed them and set her up another appointment for later in the week. Bob had even taken off work to go with her. Hope was once again alive.

After a battery of tests on the both of them, it was decide Chris would take a series of fertility drug shots. After that the couple would monitor Chris's cycle and try to make love as often and as close to her peak times as possible. With renewed enthusiasm they went at it like two young kids newly in love. Chris was never without her thermometer and mobile phone and Bob was always sitting on go by a phone no matter what he was doing. It led to some hilarious moments; their friends thought they were nuts. Actually they had agreed not to tell anyone what they were doing, so that if it didn't work they wouldn't have to go through the "I'm so sorry about you not being able to have kids." phase again. It had been hard enough the first time.

At first Chris's cycle was very erratic, but over time it settled down to become fairly predictable. Bob even commented on it jokingly. "Yeah, you go into heat every time I'm in a meeting or we're stuck in traffic."

Chris had laughed and stuck out her tongue at him before saying. "But dear I'm beginning to love the conference table and the back seat of the car. Of course if your boss would quite sucking my toes, I wouldn't cum as quick and screw up your timing. Anyway look at all the entertainment we're providing both at the office and on the freeway."

Bob had laughed and shook his head. He was so happy that she had found her sense of humor again. Her depression and mood swings were getting to him to the point, he had thought about finding an outside interest, if you know what I mean. Where sex had gotten to be almost work before, now it was back to being loving and fun. He thanked God for that.

Around the end of May they were having breakfast on Monday, when suddenly Chris jumped up and dashed for the bathroom. He had followed her to see if she was all right, only to find her on her knees throwing up. She was also, alternately laughing and crying. Moving up close behind her, he had asked if she was alright. Turning around and coming into his arms, she had begun to cry. He held her and stroked her hair until she quieted. Finally she whispered those magical words. "I'm pregnant."

He had taken the day off and they made the trip to the Doctor for confirmation. It was confirmed and they celebrated; they also made slow gentle easy love several times that night. Not because they had to but because they wanted to.

They were so happy; as they got the nursery ready and bought all the stuff that it takes to take care of a child. The Doctor had asked if they wanted to know whether it was a boy or a girl and they had declined. All they cared about was if it was healthy or not. They liked the idea of not knowing and having to pick names for either case and choosing colors, toys, and clothes that would go either way. Like I said they were so happy and in love.

Then the unthinkable happened. Chris had been carrying a laundry basket from the bedroom bath down to the laundry room, when she dropped a piece and bent to pick it up and lost her balance and took a bad tumble down the stairs. Bob was at work and she was home alone. She was unconscious for a while and ended up crawling into the living room to use the phone to call 911. She was at the hospital and in surgery by the time Bob arrived. She had a minor concussion and two cracked ribs along with losing the baby.

They were both devastated. Bob threw himself into his work and she went into a sever case of depression and wouldn't talk to him about anything hardly. The doctors put her on medication and told her to find an outside activity. Bob did his best to cheer her up but his very presence seemed to make her worse. They were on the verge of breaking up. About three weeks after the accident bob came home late to find her gone, the house had been quiet and dark when he came in. He wandered around for several hours trying to find a clue as to where she had gone. The sound of the front door opening drew him at a dead run.

His mind was running amuck as he skidded to a stop in front of her. He wasn't sure whether to yell and scream or just to grab her and hold on. He chose the latter. After a moments hesitation she hugged him back. They stood this way for a long time before he said. "I was so worried, I thought you had left me."

She continued to hold him but he felt her stiffen. "The thought has crossed my mind." She whispered. Then her body relaxed and she asked. "But where would I go? I love you and running away won't help our problem at all. I would still be depressed, whether I was here or somewhere else. I decided to do as the Doctor advised and find an outside interest. I joined a gym today and started an exercise program. Maybe it will make me feel better about myself."

He hugged her tighter and said. "I love you too. I'll always love you, no matter what happens or has happened. We can always try again. You are the love of my life and I've missed you terribly."

She hugged him tighter and started to cry in racking sobs. He held her and stroked her hair. After she had cried herself out, she was silent for a long time before she whispered. "I'm sorry, so sorry." Then she started to cry softly again.

He held her tightly and slowly rocked her from side to side. After a while she quieted and he said. "You have nothing to be sorry for. Accidents happen and there's nothing anyone can do about them. It wasn't your fault."

She took a deep hiccupping breath and sighed as she nodded her head. They stood just holding each other for a long time, there in the front hallway. Finally she moved back and looked deep into his eyes. He smiled at her reassuringly and a shy smile answered him from her face. It was the first one he had seen since the accident.

"This is a heck of a way to start a vacation." Bob said as they splashed along in the hard rain.

Chris chuckled as she turned in the car seat and pulled her legs up onto the seat and tucked her feet under her ass. "Dear, you say that every year almost. August is a rainy month, what can I say? You know it will be beautiful and cool when we reach the coast."

Bob chuckled and nodded his head. "I know, it's just that driving in the rain takes to much of my attention away from you, you gorgeous thing. Those exercise classes were well worth the money; you are looking great and you have a whole new attitude."

Chris could almost feel herself blush as she grinned shyly and said. "Well, thank you kind sir. I've gotten such a rush out of pushing myself and achieving the goals I set. I feel like I can do anything I set my mind to."

Bob laughed and said loudly. "Pick me, pick me."

Chris looked over at him from under her long lashes. "Don't worry that's at the top of my list. Until we were packing and I got out some of my sexier night gowns and lingerie, I hadn't realized how long it had been since we made love. I hadn't even thought about sex. God, how have you stood it? I'm very lucky that you don't have a mistress or two on the side. You don't do you?" She asked with a grin.

Bob glanced over at Chris and grinned back. "As a matter of fact I do, but you haven't been giving me any either."

Chris's grin froze for a second, until what he said sunk in, and then she laughed. "You are terrible. You scared the hell out of me there for a second. You keep that up and I'll have to punish you. I wonder what I can figure out as a punishment for a very horny bad boy while we are driving out of the city in a pouring rain?"

I smiled and took a quick glance at her long shapely legs that were made to look longer by the short tight skirt she wore. "Oh, you like those do you?" She asked with a chuckle as she uncurled them toward the foot well and then curled them back.

I was driving along the service road trying to get up onto the freeway but traffic was backed up badly. Probably a fender bender somewhere ahead, so I decided to move over a couple of blocks and just run parallel for a ways to get ahead of the problem.

The glances I kept tossing at Chris was causing a major problem and jam in the front of my shorts. With a grin I tried to wiggle in my seat and to adjust the problem. "Hey." Chris said. "You leave that alone. If it needs adjusting, I'll do it, thank you. You just drive and don't get us off in a wreck, I'll take care of everything else." I squirmed a little more, but left thing's as they were. Hell, lately I had been hard so much, that this was getting to be the norm; at least she was noticing; that was an improvement.

Three blocks over was a four lane boulevard that was not to badly congested, so I turned and we were making better time towards getting the hell out of town. Chris raised her hands and fiddled with the top button on her blouse for moment and then returned them to her lap. The next time I glanced over at her, I noticed that there were now four buttons undone, where there had been three earlier. I could now see the soft swell of both breasts peeking out of the gap where her cleavage met. Chris had always had nice full breasts, not to large but not to small; they fit her frame. Now with all the exercise and working out, she had slimmed down but her full breasts were still the same, although they looked even fuller and seemed to ride higher on her chest. I had noticed that I was complimenting Chris more and more on her figure. She had even inspired me to spend some time there and to work on removing the spare tire I had been carrying around my waist.

Working traffic, I had made the last three lights and had moved back over to the right to get back on the service road where the freeway curved around to cross this street. The light was red and I pulled into the turn lane. The rain was even harder and I turned my head to say so to Chris. My eyes locked onto the strip of bare flesh that ran from between her breasts to the belt of her skirt. She had all the buttons undone and the blouse open about an inch. My manhood, which had softened as my attention was taken up with traffic, sprang back to full erection. Chris flashed her titties at me quickly and grinned as the light turned green and traffic moved.

I made the turn and worked my way over to the on ramp, with the vision of her bare breasts floating around on the back of my eyeballs. I grinned as I accelerated up to freeway speed. Once I was up to speed and safely tucked into traffic, I risk another glance in her direction. When I did she flashed me again, only a little slowly this time holding the blouse open longer. I had to force my eyes back to the road, but the memory remained as an overlay on my vision.

"You're going to cause a wreck, if you're not careful." I said still grinning.

She laughed. "Just remember, if you wreck us, you don't get any." My grin faded to a tight smile as I concentrated on traffic. This made her laugh even more. "Poor baby." She said. "He has to drive and can't play with these toys." I glanced over to see her rubbing her hand over her bare breast, her nipple rock hard as she squeezed and massaged the soft flesh. The thought of my wife sitting there calmly caressing her breast as we drove through heavy traffic with hundreds of people around us, made my manhood twitch and throb. I could feel a small circle of wetness growing in the front of my shorts.

We passed through the interchange for the east loop, and one large group of cars exited, while another smaller group took their place, headed east with us. I had a little more room now to maneuver, as traffic was more evenly spaced. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Chris leaning against the door with both breasts exposed caressing her hard nipples with the palms of her hands. I took a quick glance her way to see her grin and tweak each nipple between her forefingers and thumbs. She rolled the hard pebbles of her nipples and tugged on them gently. "Oh, that feels so good." She said softly.

Leaving the blouse wide open she sat up straighter in the seat and looked around. "Do you think anyone has been watching me play with my breasts?" Her right hand moved absently to her left breast and her long fingernail flicked the nipple. "I hope so, because it makes me so hot to think they are."

Chuckling I glanced at her and said. "You should feel the wet spot in my shorts." She grinned at me and leaned over to do just that. Her warm fingers and palm slid over the fabric in a soft slow caress. I felt my ass muscles tighten and a shudder went through my stomach muscles. "Oh, that feels good, does it? Just wait, I've got much more planned for you. Much more and much better, but first we have to get out of town and over on the back roads. I don't want to run the freeways and interstates this year. I want to cruise the small back roads and see the real countryside. If we don't get to all the places we normally do over the next two weeks, then so be it. I'm in no hurry for anything, except maybe to fuck and suck your brains out." She ended with a laugh and a squeeze of my rock hard shaft.

She moved back over to sit against the door and unfolded her legs. The right foot she left on the floor, and the left she raised to take off her high heeled shoe, before placing her foot on the edge of my seat back near my ass. I had an excellent view of her panty clad sex with the slit clearly outlined in the shear material. Rocking her left knee back and forth and from side to side caused the short tight skirt to ride farther up her thighs and hips, to expose more of her to my quick sharp glances. We were nearly out of town by now and traffic was a whole lot lighter, although I noted that there were several trucks that tried to stay close to us for as long as they could.

I mentioned this to Chris and she raised up for another quick look around. Leaning back, her skirt was now bunched up around her hips and her shear bikini panties were fully displayed. Her right hand went back to teasing her left nipple, but her left hand slowly snaked its way up and down over her tight, smooth, left inner thigh. The side of her thumb just barely brushing the silky material of her panties on its downward movement. After a few moments of teasing herself, she moved the hand down to cover herself and then lightly ran her fingertips over the shear fabric from the waistband down to as far she could reach between her thighs. Pausing her hand there, she giggled. "You're not the only one with a wet spot. Want to feel mine? I felt yours." With a mischievous grin she moved her hand.

I took my right hand off the steering wheel and lightly ran my fingertips down along the inside of her left thigh. I could feel her dampness and I was still a couple of inches from touching her panties. When I did feel the fabric, it was soaking wet. I grinned and ran my fingertips slowly up and down the cloth as she had. I applied a little pressure as my fingers made one more trip down and my longer middle finger pressed into the fold of her slit. Her hips flexed and a shiver ran up her body. "Hmmm." She said, then pushed my hand away. "You get back to driving, before I have a wreck and make a bigger mess than I have now." Grinning she sat up and turned around in the seat to sit normally, but she still didn't close the blouse. Her skirt was high on her thighs but her panties were covered.

"There's the city limits sign." I said, with a glance at her. She grinned and raised her arms over her head, placed her palms on the roof, and then arched her back in a long drawn out stretch. Her breasts were fully exposed and pointing at the top of the windshield. She held this pose for a long moment; the sound of an air horn from the semi truck next to us made her finally drop her arms. She turned toward the window and waved at someone in the cab of the truck. The horn blared again in a long single note blast. She laughed and turned back toward me. "God, life is great. Lets get off and find a convenience store. You can gas the car and fill our ice chest with drinks and snacks, while I find the restroom. We'll need a map that shows the back roads, so we don't get lost." She paused to laugh then said. "Although that might not be such a bad idea."

I sped up to get a head of the truck, which gave us another long blast from his horn as I pulled onto the exit ramp. Chris and I both laughed before I commented. "You seemed to have made a friend. He must have liked the show, I know I did."

Chris laughed as she buttoned the two middle buttons of her blouse, and then she replied. "Sorry dear, but there was a lady driving that rig and not a bad looking one at that."

I chuckled and shook my head. "Things sure have changed in this world. A few years ago, you would never hardly ever see a female truck driver. I wonder if she liked the show?"

As I pulled up to the pumps at the store Chris said. "Well, she was grinning when I waved at her, if that means anything. I need that restroom bad, so I'll see you inside."

We both got out, she headed for the store and I went to top off the tank. I headed inside the store and went back to the soft drink cases and selected an assortment, along with a bag of ice. Leaving these on the counter, I went over and got several bags of chips, a box of snack crackers, and several different types of candy bars. Back at the counter, I noticed that Chris had added a couple of beers and a couple of wine coolers to the growing pile of stuff. The attendant was ringing it up, when Chris came back and dropped some more stuff on the counter. We picked up our purchases and headed out the door. Chris dropped a bag of chips and bent to pick it up, before we headed on to the car. I got out the small ice chest from the back seat and we packed the cold stuff in it and iced it down. The other stuff we dumped in the back seat, except for a cherry lollypop that Chris wanted.

TxRad
TxRad
5,920 Followers