The Silver Guardian Bk. 01 Ch. 30

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The match began and Dante took a passive approach, allowing Sebastian to attack so he could gauge his level and ability. The Beta was a strong fighter, but even though Dante continued to offer only defense and no attack, he completely dominated his sparring partner the entire time. Whenever he blocked one of Sebastian's strikes, it was as if the visitor had struck a stone wall.

After she called the match to an end, Lisette spoke, "I love my cousin and am proud of him, but as you can see, our best is nowhere near your own. In this long peace we have grown complacent and are at risk. We will support the O'Connor Pack in whatever comes, but we do not wish to be a burden, so we need to take drastic measures. I request that your Pack train mine and get us back to where we need to be again."

Everyone from the O'Connor Pack was surprised by the request. It was unprecedented, one Pack didn't normally help another Pack to become stronger fighters. On the other hand, the border between O'Connor territory and Grand Est territory was rather like the border between the United States and Canada: given their long history of mutual cooperation, the notion of one entity attacking the other was inconceivable.

Alpha Odin considered the importance of having strong allies in a coming conflict. He didn't want allies just to be cannon fodder soaking up an attack, but not contributing to anything save for a body count. He realized that he needed to support the Grand Est Pack if he wished to be supported by them in return. Not in terms of mutual friendship, that went without saying, but just speaking practically. After several minutes of contemplation, as well as discussing it with his mate using the bond to obtain her opinions and suggestions, he responded to Lisette.

"I can agree with the need for that; we'll need to work out arrangements, though. I propose that you send a number of your wolves here for Dante and Ben and our Betas and Enforcers to train for a few weeks. Then Ben, my Top Beta and Level 5, will travel with his mate and some of our other Betas to your Pack for a few weeks to finish training the rest of your Pack.

"Dante and Ben currently collaborate on handling our security and training, and with Dante running things here, I can afford to have Ben and Sara away supporting you and yours for a few weeks. Between the two joint sessions we should be able to get the majority of your training on track, and the rest would simply be your wolves practicing what they've learned and gaining experience through repetition, which they can do in the upcoming months. How do you feel about that, Lisette?"

She discussed it silently with Raphael for a minute to make sure, but already felt that was a good answer. "That is agreeable, and we shall not forget our debt to you. When the Grand Est Pack immigrated from the Grand Est region of France to America over 125 years ago, it was your forebears and your Pack that sheltered us, supported us and helped us to set up our own Pack lands and territory near Billings. Our Packs have always stood together and Luna willing, we always will. We protect our own Pack and will protect yours above all else."

It was decided that the Grand Est delegation would travel back to Billings where they would assemble a group of 25 wolves to send in two weeks for training. They would stay for two weeks, at which point they would then travel back with a dozen of the O'Connor Pack and continue training for another two weeks. That would set a foundation and give them the time to craft a training and practice routine that would get them back in the game.

Everyone headed to the dining hall since the remainder of the afternoon had now been taken up and it was time to eat. Abigail had gone all out again and had made thick, melt-in-your-mouth bacon-wrapped filet mignon with butter garlic mashed potatoes and balsamic vinaigrette and dill-roasted asparagus on a bed of rice pilaf. Abigail herself with some of her staff came out and explained the meal and her recipes, as well as greeted the visiting Pack. Praise for the meal was heaped on her, and they even managed to make a small blush appear on her cheeks with their words. Overall it was a smashing success, and everyone was impressed with the meal and atmosphere.

Victoria addressed Lisette and their Pack. "We have a treat for you tonight. As it turns out, our son Dante is quite the talented singer and musician, and along with some of the Pack who also play, he's given several concerts for us and will entertain us this evening with another one. He is very talented and puts on a tremendous show. We hope you enjoy it."

Shortly after that they returned to the main living area of the Manor House where they set up a stage and equipment, similar to when Dante had sung and played for the Pack a while back. He played a great set of country and classic rock, including a lot of the favorites from his past performances. The highlight of the show however, was when he called Lily to the stage to sing a duet with him. They'd been practicing for a while, and whenever Dante would play for her recently they would always get in some time practicing their duet as well.

Dante addressed the crowd, "This is our first public duet ever. Lily has the voice of an angel, and I'm proud to share it with you tonight. Here is Kane Brown's 'What Ifs'." Dante started playing and soon Lily and he began singing, harmonizing together and sounding so beautiful and clear.

...What if I was made for you and you were made for me
What if this is it, what if it's meant to be
What if I ain't one of them fools just playin' some game
What if I just pulled you close, what if I leaned in
And the stars line up and it's our last first kiss
What if one of these days baby I'd go and change your name
What if I loved all these what ifs away...

The song prompted huge applause: everyone loved hearing the two lovers singing together and show how obviously in love they were; that was always special to see, and the Pack always welcomed it.

Lisette and Raphael came up after the show to talk to them. "That was absolutely fantastic, you both have real talents! You both looked so in love and sounded so beautiful together!

"I've watched you both, especially you Dante, since I've arrived. To see a man of your caliber be so open and free and unafraid of showing his love, and daring the world to do the same, is rare. But to see a woman like Lily give those same feelings back and bring them out of you is a true love and a fierce devotion indeed. It is so special to see, and it warms the hearts of all who witness it. You are both special and rare individuals; please never change."

Dante smiled broadly and swelled in pride for his Lily, and knew she was indeed the most special of them all. "Thank you, Alpha Lisette, my Lily is indeed rare and she is the most incredible woman I have ever known. I'd be lost without her, and it isn't a stretch to say she saved my life. Not a day will go by when she doesn't know how much I love and cherish her."

Lily was beaming even as her eyes glistened, and she snuggled in close to Dante, wrapping herself and her love around him.

Lisette smiled at them and responded, "Please call me Lisette, and you are a blessed man to have such a love. My Raphael has given me the same, and I love him dearly and think the world of him. Like you, I'd be lost without my mate." She had pulled Raphael close to her and kissed him deeply after she said her piece, reminding him how she felt, while he smiled and wrapped his arms around her.

They wrapped up the night a short while later, and everyone retired to their rooms and fell asleep.

***

They all met for breakfast the next morning, where for their visitors' final meal at the compound Abigail made Eggs Benedict, but she replaced the ham with smoked salmon and topped it with the traditional Hollandaise sauce and capers. Like every prior meal it was truly fantastic, and again everyone complimented Abigail and her staff.

Lisette and the Grand Est Pack loaded into their SUVs a short time later, and Dante and Lily in her armored truck escorted them back to Whitefish with a promise to stay in touch, especially as new developments concerning the recent worrisome events came to light.

Dante and Lily returned to the compound and spent the rest of their day performing their normal duties. Dante's business license and all other government forms would be completed by the end of the week and the security firm would officially be up and running next week, at which time he would start his first job: the security upgrades for the Pack. He already had several other jobs lined up with businesses around the area, and orders from some corporations for the computer security software he had developed. There was also high interest in the audio and visual security packages he had put together. A very substantial steady income should be starting soon, growing Lily and Dante's wealth.

***

Please remember to vote and comment or leave feedback on every chapter!

12