The Síochán Ch. 02

Story Info
Lessons in time.
9.7k words
4.67
57.6k
27

Part 2 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 04/09/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JazCullen
JazCullen
6,489 Followers

Summer didn't know how long she stood alone in the unending whiteness of her environment. It didn't feel too long but it was hard to tell because there were no reference points at all. There was just the whiteness everywhere, surrounding her, disorientating her. A man suddenly appeared in the distance, walking quickly towards her. He was dressed completely in white, his hair as golden as hers, his face as beautiful as Nathaniel's. She watched him carefully as he neared, wondering if she should fear him or welcome his approach.

He smiled as he reached her, a feeling of peace overcoming her as his lips tugged into a gentle curve. "Welcome, Summer," he said softly. "I have been waiting a long time for you."

His opening words surprised her. His voice was rich and deep, his expression almost reverent as he looked at her. "Where am I?" she asked in confusion. "Who are you and why have you been waiting for me?" She wondered if she was sleeping.

She toyed with the idea that she was dead and was now in Heaven, but after the wicked acts she had just performed with Nathaniel, she quickly dispelled that idea. She would most definitely be in Hell if she were dead. So his next words surprised her completely when he patiently answered her questions.

"Where are you? Well, you are technically dead at the moment," he replied, his smile never wavering even though she gasped in shock at his words. " I am Lucas, your instructor. I was so excited when I was told you would be coming to join us, Summer. I had hoped it would be before you met up with Nathaniel but it appears it wasn't to be." He appeared slightly peeved as he mentioned the vampire, but then his beautiful face cleared and he was smiling once more.

Summer stared at him, his words making no sense, her confusion growing with each passing moment. "You know Nathaniel?" she finally asked, deciding she didn't want to know any of the others things he had mentioned. Not if he was going to tell her she was dead. The thought of her family grieving over her was more than she could bear.

Lucas sighed softly and rolled his eyes. "Everyone knows Nathaniel," he sighed dramatically. "Such a disappointment he was. He used to be one of us but chose to go down another path. I tried to dissuade him from doing so but he always did have a mind of his own. So stubborn; so certain he knew what was best."

It was disconcerting having someone talk about things that she knew nothing about. Lucas appeared to assume that she would be able to follow this conversation intelligently when in fact, her confusion was just growing steadily. "One of us?" Summer questioned.

"One of the Síochán," Lucas smiled, his blue eyes twinkling as if that explained everything. He watched her confused face for a long moment and then gave her a sheepish grin. "I suppose I should explain a little," he said ruefully. "But first, let's get out of here. This endless white is painful on the eye." He didn't appear to do anything but suddenly they were no longer surrounded by the whiteness but were instead in her parlour.

Summer gasped in shock as she looked around the room. There was no apparent transition between the two places, they were just suddenly surrounded by a different environment. She looked closely at the parlour and detected a very slight, dull edge to the room. The colours were less vibrant, the room slightly less tangible than she was used to.

"Very good," Lucas praised with a wide smile, as if he had just read her mind. "You will learn very quickly, I think. You have already determined that this is not your real home. It is merely an approximation of it. We can make it more real so it truly reflects the place, but we tend to leave it a little off kilter just so we know that we are not on the mortal plain. Sometimes it can be a little confusing, all this hopping about. I remember when Marcus first joined us. He spent countless hours in one location only to discover he hadn't actually gone to the mortal plain and was working here instead. He was very angry when he discovered his error."

Lucas laughed loudly at the memory, his long blond hair swaying as he threw his head back. It seemed to take him a moment to realise that Summer had no clue as to what he was talking about and he shot her another sheepish grin. He wasn't doing a very good job on this introduction thing. His excitement at finally having someone as strong as Summer to train was overtaking his duties.

"My apologies, Summer. I digress a little," he smiled, waving a hand towards the chair she had sat in earlier. The same one Nathaniel had sat in as she knelt between his thighs and took his hardness into her mouth. She blushed furiously at the memory and tried to put it out of her mind as she tentatively sat down. Whether the chair was real or not, it felt real enough and as she sank back into it, she felt slightly comforted at being in familiar surroundings.

Lucas sat in the chair across from her and once again smiled a comforting smile at the beautiful woman before him. She really was quite exquisite. He could understand how Nathaniel would have been drawn to her before she crossed over. He was finding himself immensely attracted to her himself but he knew that he would have to contain himself. The poor thing was already overawed by everything that had happened to her, but he had no doubt that he and Summer would enjoy some delicious, carnal pleasures in the near future.

He quickly brought his mind back to the task at hand. "Now where was I?" he mused quietly. "Ah, that's right! We are the Síochán. It is our job to ensure that harmony exists between good and evil on the mortal plain. We are the Peace Makers so to speak. When something threatens the balance too severely, we step in and correct it so everything is back in harmony again. Síochán means peace." He frowned slightly and pursed his lips. "Though I suppose that is a bit of an oxymoron, having a name meaning peace when the nature of our work is often quite violent."

Summer stared at him open mouthed and wondered if she was really even here with him. What he spoke of was so out of her comfort zone. It didn't sound possible at all, and yet, if someone would have told her a day earlier that she would have given herself so wantonly to a vampire, she would have laughed and thought the person mad.

She eyed Lucas quietly for a long moment, waiting to see if he would say anything further but he didn't, so she finally broke the silence. "You said Nathaniel was one of you?" she queried. The vampire seemed to be the only thing they appeared to have in common. Plus he was all that Summer seemed capable of thinking of at the moment. His beautiful face kept coming to her mind unbidden, the memory of his intense lovemaking swirling madly in her head.

Lucas's beautiful face creased in a small frown before he relaxed and rested back in his chair. "He was one of the very best of us," he answered quietly. "He was always sent on the toughest assignments because he always achieved such positive results. We didn't notice how much he longed to walk in the world below, until the need was ingrained too deeply inside him. He chose to become mortal and then realised he would eventually die, so he sought a way to stop that from happening, and ended up becoming a vampire. Nasty creatures, vampires. We have to intervene with them quite often. I had hoped Nathaniel would police his own kind, given his dual nature, but he steadfastly refuses to get involved."

Summer tried to bring it all together in her confused mind. "So, Nathaniel was a......Síochán who chose to become a vampire? Something about me brought him to my door just before I was murdered by Frederick, and I have been brought here to you, because I am now to become one of these Síochán? Have I understood you correctly, Lucas?" she asked quietly.

Lucas clapped his hands together in delight, immensely proud of Summer's keen intelligence and ability to adapt to her changed circumstances so swiftly. He beamed happily at her. "You are indeed correct, Summer," he smiled.

Summer bit down a choked sob as her eyes filled with tears. "You are clearly insane, Lucas," she said tremulously. "This is all a wicked fantasy and it is not real. I want to go home now. I want to wake up, back in my own bed, surrounded by my family and everyone I hold dear. Tell me how I do this!"

Lucas's elation died quickly as he watched big, wet tears course down her beautiful face. He had thought it had been going amazingly well but it appeared he had erred in his judgement. Summer's grief pierced him deeply and he moved to kneel before her, gathering her slight frame into his arms and holding her close.

He stroked her hair gently as she began to sob in earnest. "I wish I could tell you how to do so," he breathed softly. "But that life is over for you now, Summer. I promise you, you will come to adapt to this one. It is not such a bad life to lead."

***** Half a century on...

Summer peered into the water fountain, her green eyes searching keenly for him. She came here every day at the same time and used an hour of her day to search for the man who never seemed to leave her thoughts. Nathaniel. She never found him. Once she thought she had caught a quick glimpse of him but he was gone in a heartbeat.

Lucas would be along soon. He invariably interrupted her time searching for Nathaniel. His laughing blue eyes would turn pensive, a frown marring his perfect features as he caught her searching the Scrying Fountain. He was jealous that she was unable to stop longing for Nathaniel. He knew she felt linked to the dark haired vampire and it annoyed him greatly.

The past fifty years had definitely been an education. Lucas's words had been true and she had spent the first year slowly adapting to that fact that she was no longer alive in the mortal world. It had been hard at first, but Lucas had been patient with her and she had slowly adapted to her changed status.

Being immortal was most definitely a plus side to being dead. She looked exactly the same now as she did when she first met Nathaniel. Well, almost exactly the same. She had cut her hair to a more manageable level though it was still long and curly but it fell to the middle of her back now, instead of to her waist. It had been a necessity as it had soon proved to be impractical to have it so long when she was training.

So, she still looked the same for the most part but she was much different inside. Shaking off her preconceived notions of right and wrong was the hardest thing she had to achieve. She had lived in a morally restrictive time and it had not been so simple to shed her upbringing. She had done it eventually. She had no choice in the matter. The Scrying Fountain showed the future so she was constantly bombarded with the world below changing rapidly as thoughts and ideals moved on.

Summer liked the future. It was so progressive and women had such great freedoms as time wore on. They wore pants like a man, and short skirts which bared their legs to the world. She couldn't wait for the day that she could walk among them with the same freedom she witnessed day in and day out. It wasn't that she couldn't wear the same type of clothing where she was, because she could. She wore tight pants and loose tops when she trained with Lucas, but it wasn't the same as walking among humans.

Her training had taken years. Her skill of being able to tell her future was honed with careful meditation. Lucas had taught her many techniques to be able to make her gift work at will and now she could look ahead almost a month into her future when before she could see only hours or sometimes days.

Lucas had done all her training personally. He had taught her how to fight with swords and daggers. He had taught her how to use the many different handguns and rifles humans were so fond of killing each other with. She had just recently completed her hand to hand combat training and had successfully pinned Lucas in their last bout, much to his chagrin. He had been proud of her achievement even as his ego had been wounded at being bested by her. Just thinking about it brought a smile to her face.

Summer loved Lucas with a vengeance. He was her entire world here and she had spent the last half a century with only him for company. He was kind and devastatingly handsome. He had a ready wit and easy smile but could be hard and unyielding when the need arose.

Despite Nathaniel always being on her mind, she could view Lucas as a man and see that he was a fine specimen. He was around six feet tall and had long flowing blond hair which ended just passed his shoulder. His blue eyes were deep and always seemed to be twinkling, no matter what mood he was in. His wide shoulders and hard muscled chest tapered off to a trim waist and flat stomach and more than once she had licked her lips during a training bout when he wore nothing but a pair of tight black pants.

She knew Lucas desired her. He never attempted to hide his attraction to her. He actually went out of his way to tease her quite mercilessly with delicate little accidental touches which lightly grazed a breast or caught the inside of her thigh before moving swiftly away. Lucas was waiting for her to come to him. He was waiting for her to forget her obsession with Nathaniel.

Lucas was striding quite angrily towards her even as she mused about him. Her lips curled into a slight smile as she turned from the fountain just as he reached her side. His expression surprised her. He was clearly very angry, a mood she had never seen him in before. His deep blue eyes were so intense, his usually smiling mouth set in a firm, hard line.

"Enough of this, Summer," he ground out through clenched teeth, his hands reaching for her shoulders and pulling her hard against his chest. "I have waited far too long," he groaned before his mouth descended on hers and his tongue forced its way inside to taste her sweetness.

She was so startled by his actions that for a moment she could only stand rigidly against him in shock. Then her training kicked in and she twisted automatically in his embrace, catching him completely off guard as she deftly used his height and surprise to toss him smoothly over her shoulder. He landed with a loud thud onto his back, his head cracking off the cold, hard floor.

For another long moment silence reigned in the Scrying Room as Summer stared down at Lucas in shock at her actions and he simply lay there with a stunned expression on his face. Summer wondered if she had really hurt him when he just lay there but then his lips curved into his customary smile.

"You could have simply told me you didn't want me to kiss you," he chuckled lightly, rolling his eyes as he sat up slowly and felt the back of his head where it had struck the floor.

"Did I hurt you?" she asked concerned, kneeling down beside him to check his head. She couldn't really hurt him and she knew that. They were immortal after all. Still, she had reacted on instinct and she felt a little guilty that she had reacted aggressively towards him just because he had kissed her.

"Only my male ego," he answered, chuckling lightly again as his blue eyes roamed hungrily over her beautiful face. She really was driving him insane with desire. Training her had been both a joy and a nightmare at the same time, but he wouldn't have traded with any of his counterparts for the position as her instructor. She was magnificent. So beautiful, feisty and utterly desirable.

Seeing that he wasn't truly hurt, Summer allowed her own smile to break through as she shifted her position so she was sitting beside him. "You shouldn't have grabbed me like that," she said ruefully. "You have just finished teaching me how to protect myself. It was a rather silly thing to do."

She watched his face carefully as she spoke, laughing at his rueful expression when she pointed out the obvious. "Why now?" she asked quietly. "We've been together for over half a century, Luc. Why did you suddenly decide to kiss me now?"

Lucas sighed at the abbreviation of his name. She had started doing it quite early on in her stay with him and whilst he would normally have dissuaded others from doing so, he allowed Summer to address him as she saw fit. He had seen it for what it was even as he had mentally cringed at hearing it. She was trying to connect with him, trying to build a rapport with him. It didn't bother him as much as it once had, in fact, he rather enjoyed hearing it now from her lips. It was as if it were her own special name for him. Still, if anyone else tried to do it.....

"The others have been finding it highly amusing that it's taken me fifty years to pluck up the courage to attempt to lay with you," he admitted with a wicked smile playing across his full lips. "They tease me and prod me at every opportunity. I've just come back from speaking with Marcus and he was having such fun at my expense that I lost my head for a moment."

He watched her reaction to his words, seeing the curiosity at him mentioning the other Síochán, and slightly surprised to see she didn't appear concerned that he had actually kissed her.

He understood her curiosity about the others. He had kept them away from her, allowing her time to settle in and complete her training before meeting with the other Síochán. He was honest enough to admit to himself that he hadn't wanted to share her, either. He had jealously guarded their time together because it was bad enough competing with Nathaniel for her affections. It would have been excruciating if he'd had to compete with the likes of Marcus or one of the others as well.

Summer rolled her eyes at him and gave him another smile which sent a shiver of pleasure through him. He loved the ethereal little woman before him so much. He knew she loved him too but he also knew that in a straight contest between himself and Nathaniel, the vampire would win every time. He had stolen her heart first and would always be entrenched deep within her. But that didn't mean that they couldn't explore their attraction together.

He leaned forward and captured her lips with his again, keeping his touch light and tensing slightly just in case she decided to beat him up again. She froze for a moment and then slowly relaxed and moved her lips experimentally against his. She sighed softly and parted her lips, granting him access into her moist, hot mouth.

He groaned loudly at her capitulation, his kiss turning more demanding as he threaded a hand in her hair at the nape of her neck and tilted her head back so he could explore her sweetness more fully. His body hardened instantly as she met his tongue boldly, licking and stroking against him as the kiss deepened even further.

Lucas smiled as he pulled his head back and stared into her beautiful green eyes. "God, I want you, Summer," he said huskily. "I've wanted you since the very first moment I saw you."

His admission didn't surprise her though her reaction to it did. She had been looking for Nathaniel for so long that she had expected never to feel sexual attraction towards another man. Her old views of love were still ingrained within her. If you loved someone, and she did love Nathaniel, then surely you wouldn't want to be with another person?

She pondered it quietly, her expression turning thoughtful as she sifted through her confused feelings. It wasn't as if she had had a relationship with the vampire. He had come to her home and taken her body and her blood, then left with barely a backward glance. That she had attached such importance to their encounter was her problem, not Nathaniel's.

Lucas was beautiful and so incredibly sensual. He oozed the same sexual appeal that Nathaniel had, but he was different as in he was less intense, more relaxed. She did love him. It was hard not to love Lucas. Now that he had finally kissed her, she knew that she desired him too. Fifty years was a long time between sexual encounters. Nathaniel had awoken a desire in her which needed to be quenched.

JazCullen
JazCullen
6,489 Followers