The Slayers Ch. 05

Story Info
Revelations.
10.5k words
4.77
10.9k
10

Part 4 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/21/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers

Note: I know that you are all wondering about Reese and Joseph. They are in the works. I am submitting Slayer because it was already written and I wanted to get something posted. Thanks for your patience and for continuing to read.

Kal

*

Cherie went to Paul and Amanda's house and looked around starting with the kitchen. She liked the house with its simplicity and thought had she been born in another place and time; she would have loved to have lived in a house like this. But over the years her extravagant taste had grown even more extravagant and there was no going back. She walked over to the patio door- the point of entry and touched it. She knew that she wouldn't be able to tell anything but she tried anyway. Her thoroughness was what made her so good at what she did. Another investigator wouldn't have tried. It was a small step that could and often did yield large rewards. As she had expected, she felt nothing and continued her search for clues. She stopped in the dining room and moved on when she caught no scent of the intruder. He hadn't gone that way. The closer she got to the stairs, the stronger the scent became. She actually found herself gagging. It had been a long time since anything had affected her that way. Whoever this was whether it was male or female -was sick and a danger not only to humans, but to every other species as well.

She followed the scent to the bedroom and actually threw up. She actually felt sympathy for the human woman that had been touched by the thing. The fact that it was sick explained why it had left a witness and why it hadn't at least taken the woman's body with it. It hadn't been thinking. But now that it was sated, it would realize its mistakes only to make the same mistakes again. As she examined the room, Cherie realized that this wasn't the first time that it had done this. Someone had cleaned up the mess and somehow the murders had gotten swept under the rug. Experience told her that something had triggered the attack. It could have been anything from a smell to a sound or the command to attack. Any rational vampire wouldn't have entered the home of a connected human and then not only leave the body, but a witness.

She righted the turned over chair, examined it and then put it back in the same position before moving to the bed. "Poor human," she murmured when she saw the dried blood on the bed. She found herself hoping that the woman was at least unconscious before the thing raped her. The human police would look for evidence of a sexual assault and if they found evidence of sexual activity they would assume that it was the male witness. Convinced that she had seen all that she came to see, she called Xavier.

"I am at the human woman's home."

"Did you find anything?" Xavier asked.

"Only that whoever this is- he is very ill. That explains why he did what he did. I will also tell you that he will do it again."

"How do you know that it's a he?" Xavier asked.

"I just know, and besides the human woman was raped." Cherie replied. "Xavier- all of us are at risk because of this creature. It needs to be put down..."

"I told you what I wanted to do with it if it wasn't mine," Xavier said his tone icy.

"I understand, but..."

"I am paying you to do as you are told," Xavier said. "Find it, kill it if it is mine or put it on Troy Cross's door step if it isn't. Is there something that you don't understand about those instructions?"

"I understand that this assignment is more than you said it would be," Cherie replied. I didn't charge you nearly enough. But seeing as we made an agreement, I will do exactly as I said I will do except for one thing- I will not endanger myself. If you are willing to renegotiate the terms of our agreement; I am willing to listen."

"Bitch," Xavier hissed.

"Whatever," Cherie replied not bothered by the name calling. "But you and I both know that this bitch is the one that can do what you want so what's it going to be? Am I going to find this thing and just tell you who it belongs to or are we renegotiating?"

In the end, Cherie got what she asked for in addition to being able to bring in extra help at Xavier's expense.

"Thank you darling," she said knowing that he didn't like it. "It's a pleasure doing business with you."

In response, Xavier slammed the phone down hanging up on her.

****

Xavier was still in a tizzy over his conversation with Cherie when he got his next phone call. He knew that it wasn't good news when the servant timidly knocked on his office door, gave him the message and scurried away before Xavier could ask any questions.

"What?" he snapped into the phone. "What the fuck?" He screamed. "Bring her ass over here NOW!"

While he waited for the nurse from the hospital to arrive, Xavier paced. How could things have gotten so fucked up in twenty four hours? He forced himself to calm down. He knew that if he didn't calm down he would make mistakes. It had taken him centuries to learn that lesson and to curb his need for instant gratification. It was a lesson that had nearly cost him his life.

**

He had been relatively new to the business and a fast learner. His mind was always working on finding ways to improve the business and the product. His goal was to take control of an area and move up from there. At the time he had been working for the Chekovs- one of the most vicious families in New York City. He had to start at the bottom as runner, but he was alright with that. It gave him an idea of how big of an area the Russians controlled and how many people were needed to run it. While it wasn't the biggest area, it was by far the most lucrative. After working for them for a year, he decided that he was ready to take over. The problem was- he wasn't. In his haste to take over, he placed his trust in the wrong people. The night of the attempted takeover began as planned. Somewhere along the line his neck began to tingle. It was an indication that something was wrong, but he ignored it attributing it to nerves. This was his first attempt at anything so huge. He had been skimming money for years but a takeover?

He and his supposed cohorts went to Anatolii Chekov's home expecting to catch him home with his family. The plan was to kill them all and then take over. It was what he considered to be a sound plan even though it was simple. Even as he walked to the front door, Xavier knew that something was wrong, but his eyes were on the prize. He had come too far to turn back. Once they were in the house, his friends jumped and then bound him. Anatolii walked into the room followed by his sons Alek and Sasha both of whom were as big as their father.

"So," Anatolii said in his thick Russian accent, "You think that you can betray me."

Xavier was at a loss for words as his friends and cohorts dragged him to Anatolii's basement and chained him to the wall. He looked at each of them and made a promise. "One day I will kill you." All but one of the five laughed at him. He believed him even though Xavier was chained to a wall. For four solid hours Xavier experienced the most intense and agonizing pain that he had ever known. There were tiny cuts all over his body that they all took turns pouring salt water into. Even the one that had believed him took part.

"Enough play," Anatolii finally said as he tested the sharpness of his knife against his thumb. "It is time to show you what happens to traitors and thieves."

Xavier struggled to break free of his chains and soon gave up.

"Who would like to remove the first piece of skin?"

"I will," the one who had believed him said as he reached for the knife.

He approached Xavier testing the weight of the knife in his hands. When he was close enough, he whispered, "Have courage." And made a cut in his left chest and slowly removed the skin. Xavier screamed as warm blood ran down his stomach.

"Take your time and let the skin grow back!" Anatolii advised. "I mean to use this one as an example."

Xavier lost track of how many times he had been cut and peeled. The areas they cut from were meant to cause the maximum amount of pain. As of yet no one had touched his cock and he prayed that it would remain that way. The torture didn't end until sunrise. As a parting 'good rest', Sasha one of Anatolii's son's opened the shutter to the one basement window and let a few rays of sun in. Xavier screamed as the rays touched his sensitive new skin. Finally, he passed out in agony.

He didn't know how long he had been out before he heard someone calling his name.

"Xavier! Wake up! You must wake up!"

He slowly opened his eyes and tried to focus on the speaker. It was Vanya, the one who had told him to have courage and that had tried to hurt him the least.

"Wake up! I am going to take you out of here!"

Xavier gagged as blood was forced down his throat, but he felt its healing qualities within minutes.

"I will have to carry you," Vanya said as he hefted Xavier onto his shoulder. "Hold on and have courage."

Xavier bit back a cry of pain and then forced himself to relax and fell asleep. When he awoke, he was somewhere deep in the Poconos Mountains where Vanya nursed him back to health.

"I'm still going to kill you," Xavier said on the second day.

"No you will not," Vanya replied. "You need me and you will not make a second foolish mistake. You were not ready to move on the Chekovs and you placed your trust in the wrong people."

"And you are trustworthy?" Xavier asked. "You were the first to cut into me."

"It was the only way that I could stay alive. What do you think would have happened to me if I had refused? Both of our carcasses would have been laid out in the sun that's what! Of everyone that you chose to be a part of your little coup, I was the only trustworthy one, but the one that you told nothing! I risked my life to bring you here and you threaten me?"

Xavier didn't apologize but he had just learned a very valuable and painful lesson. He would trust no one and he would never make a move without planning for every eventuality. He stayed in the mountains for months planning and revising his plans. The first person to die would be Ivan. He had been the one that he had trusted the most and had been the one to lead in his betrayal. He would hunt them one by one, but first he had to get stronger.

It took him almost a year of meticulous planning, but he finally got his revenge and Anatolii's business. He gave Anatolii's wife a choice of being his whore or death- she chose death. The same offer was made to Sasha and Alek's mates-they also chose death. Word of the takeover spread quickly and just as quickly there were attempts to take over the area. Xavier dealt with each threat decisively and brutally with Vanya's help. Vanya, the one person that he considered a friend was killed during the attempted takeover of another territory. Vanya was also the last being that he allowed to get close to him.

*

"Sire," a voice called through the door bringing him back to the present, "you have guests. Where shall I take them?"

Xavier shook his head to clear it of the memory. He needed to be focused.

"Take them to the study," he called back.

Five minutes later he was in the study looking at a very nervous vampire nurse and an equally nervous human doctor.

"Explain," he said as he sat down, "and leave nothing out."

"So," Xavier said when the nurse was through talking. "He was unconscious?"

"Yes sire and then he started screaming," the nurse replied. "As soon as he saw me he started screaming about monsters."

"This other person- the slayer; where did he come from?" Xavier asked.

"I don't know sire," the nurse replied. "I was in the room with the human and suddenly he was there. I had no choice but to leave as he demanded..."

"Or you could have let him kill you," Xavier said icily. "They would have blamed the human thus removing him from the equation."

The nurse paled. Xavier turned his attention to the human doctor.

"Why did you not sense the slayer?"

"I... I was busy- and then the woman showed up. I had barely found out that the man was gone..."

"More excuses!" Xavier yelled making both vampire and human jump. "Tell me about the woman- did she recognize you for what you are?" he asked the nurse.

"No sire," she replied knowing better than say, 'I don't know'.

"How do you know?" He asked as he leaned forward staring at her with cold gray eyes.

The nurse blinked. It wasn't a question that she had been expecting.

"She didn't react the way that humans usually do when they see one of us..."

"That means nothing," Xavier interrupted. "She is a fucking slayer! Which reminds me," he said turning to the doctor, "did you sense her mate?"

"I..." was all he got out before he fell to the floor dead.

"Now," Xavier said to the nurse, "take that with you and put it in its bed. The humans will find it and assume that it had a heart attack. After that, you may go home until I decide what to do about you."

The nurse didn't need to be told twice. She scooped the dead doctor up in her arms and was gone. Xavier rubbed his temples. This was turning into a nightmare.

****

Troy Cross sat in front of his big screen television watching sit coms. It relaxed him better than sex did although he did enjoy sex. His mate of three centuries was the light and love of his life and his mistress. No one knew that she was the brains behind his operation. He was the figurehead. If anyone found out, there would be simultaneous attempts to take over.

"Pet," his wife Danielle purred, "come here."

Troy's groin tingled and he was erect before he reached her. He knew that tone.

"What is your pleasure my love?" he asked as he knelt before her and put his head on her lap.

"You, my dear have done well," she complimented. "With any luck, we'll know what Dubois puts in his wine within a week. Tonight I think that I shall reward you. Tell me, what is it that you desire?"

"Anything?" he whispered as he relished the feel of her hands running through his shortly cropped blond hair.

"Anything," she confirmed.

"I wish to take a long hot bath with you like we used to do," he replied. "I want to wash your hair and allow my hands to do things that they haven't done in months. I want to drink from you and make love with you and not just to you..."

"Is that all?" she asked with a deep chuckle, "Well then today you may do all of those things and more."

"Thank you mistress," Troy said softly as he buried his face between her legs inhaling the scent unique only to her.

"Shall we go to our rooms?" Danielle asked as she bent down and kissed his head.

"Yes," Troy replied with a smile. Even though he wasn't looking at her, he could hear the smile in her voice. She was indeed pleased with him.

Troy stood up and held his hand out to her and kissed it when she placed it in his hand. He looked down at his mate and wanted to drown in the blueness of her eyes. He couldn't wait to run his hands through her waist length hair that was so blonde that it looked white. His mouth salivated at the thought of feeling her pink nipples in his mouth. He had just started to lead her across the room when a servant entered.

"Pardon me," he said nervously, "but a ... a package has arrived for you."

Danielle stepped back from her true role and looked up at her husband beseechingly.

"It can wait can't it? I am so looking forward to our day together."

"Pardon me mistress," the servant said, "but I think that you will want to see this."

"I won't be long," Troy assured her. "Why don't you go get started?"

"May I come with you? I love surprises," Danielle cooed. "Please?"

"I... mistress..."

"Of course!" Troy replied interrupting the servant.

They walked past the servant and to the foyer where a large barrel sat in the middle of the floor. Danielle and Troy looked at each other when they saw the stamp on the barrel. The lid was already pried off and sat loosely over the top. Troy removed the lid, looked into the barrel and paled.

"Troy? What is it?" Danielle asked as she looked in. "Son of a fucking bitch!" she swore when she saw the skinless body of Thomas Markham sitting in the wine. Troy didn't say anything. His day of fulfilling his desires had just been blown to hell.

Troy watched as Danielle paced the foyer thinking of her next move. This had been a surprise. They had taken a chance on doing the transaction at Xavier's warehouse and they had lost but not entirely. They still had someone at another plant.

"Where is Markham's family?" Danielle finally asked. "We must find them and see to it that they are cared for."

She wasn't doing it out of the goodness of her heart and Troy knew it. His beloved was as cold hearted and ruthless as Xavier was. She was gathering Xavier's enemies. Markham's family was now on that steadily growing list.

"Steven, find them," she said to the servant. "Take them somewhere safe and see to their needs. Call me when they are found. While you're at it check on the other family as well."

"Yes mistress," the servant said with a bow and walked away.

"My love...."

"Later," Danielle said as she walked away. "We have plans to make."

Disappointed, Troy followed her back to the room from where they had just come. It was going to be a long and frustrating day. He watched as she paced back and forth trying to figure out their next step. Finally she stopped, looked at him and smiled.

"Call our friend Xavier and thank him for his generosity. Don't do it in anger, but as if you are genuinely pleased by the gift. He won't expect that- he will be expecting anger or a declaration of war."

"Are you certain of this?" Troy asked.

"I am sure, now make the call," Danielle replied.

This was one of the many things that Troy loved about Danielle. He could question her without repercussions. The reason being that on more than one occasion he had saved them from certain disaster and financial ruin simply by asking her if she was sure about a decision. Later she thanked him by giving him free reign in the bedroom.

Troy picked up the phone and dialed Xavier's number and waited for him to answer. Finally Xavier picked up the phone.

"What?"

"Hello Xavier, this is Troy Cross. You sound-disgruntled. Is something wrong?"

"Troy!" Xavier exclaimed. "You must be calling about the gift that I sent you. I hope that it was to your liking."

"I was calling to thank you for your generosity," Troy replied sounding sincere. "So tell me, are dead vampires part of your secret ingredient?"

"No," Xavier replied laughing, "that was created just for you. I do have to admit that it took balls for you to enter my warehouse. It took even bigger balls to buy my product when there was a chance that you were going to be watched. So have you tried the wine?"

"No," Troy replied. "We're saving it for a special occasion and who knows? Maybe you will be the guest of honor. At any rate, I just called to thank you. Have a pleasant rest."

Troy hung up and looked at Danielle.

"He knows about the other one doesn't he?" She asked.

"Yes- I think that we should hold off on contacting the other person for a while. Xavier is going to be hyper vigilant. Everyone will be watched and he will hire in moles if he hasn't already."

"I am aware of this," Danielle replied, "and you are right. For now we will watch and wait. By the way, I liked the comment about saving Xavier's gift for a special occasion. Why don't we do that? We can have him drink it as his final drink before he leaves this earth. There's nothing more to be done- shall we continue with our plans? You deserve an extra reward for your performance."

Troy grinned with excitement. He knew what that extra reward was. It was something that she did only when she was exceptionally pleased. It had been months since she had been this pleased and that was when he managed to get not only Thomas Markham on their payrolls but the second vampire as well. That day she sucked him off not once but three times as well as allowing him to do with her as he wished. He grabbed her by the hand and dragged her to the bedroom before anything else happened. As he led her away, he had a thought. He had liked being in control and wanted more. As if reading his mind, Danielle gave his hand an impatient tug pulling his thoughts toward her. She didn't like what he was thinking.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers