The Slayers Ch. 06

Story Info
Acceptance.
14.3k words
4.8
12.1k
6

Part 5 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/21/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,664 Followers

Brittney followed Jian back to the house. She had the feeling that she had somehow upset him. The person that had been following them showed herself and Brittney didn't like what she saw. She gave the beautiful black woman a dirty look and kept going. Jian had said that the woman was from the neighborhood but she didn't remember ever seeing her and wondered why Jian hadn't mentioned her before. Her second thought was this woman was the reason why Jian ran again after he finished his run with her. She flushed with embarrassment. Jealousy was a new emotion for her in regards to men and she didn't like it. As she ran back, she pushed the woman out of her mind. The eerie feeling that she had a few minutes before faded and she turned her thoughts to the conversation that she and Jian had before going on the run.

She no had problem believing Jian and Paul about the vampires. To some extent she had always believed that other life forms existed. She hadn't given a lot of thought as to what those life forms were, only that they did exist. That made it easy for her to believe that Jian wasn't human, but why was she so resistant to the idea that he and her belonged together? In all of the vampire stories she had ever read, the vampire had a preordained mate. She didn't know much about the things called the rogue- except in the books they were vampires who chose to change or changed because they hadn't found their mates. When she got a chance, she would have to ask Jian to separate fact from fiction. What she didn't understand was her reluctance to believe that Jian had a mate. No, she amended. She found it difficult to believe that she was his mate. The very thought of it made her nervous and it scared her. How does one go from being friends to being married?

She was a pretty girl who had grown into a pretty woman but men just weren't attracted to her the way that they had been to Amanda. But then she hadn't been the social butterfly that Amanda had been. She had been on a few dates and her longest relationship had lasted four months. The man was someone that she went to college with and was ready for the white picket fence, two point five kids and the dog. But she wasn't ready for that. In her mind four months wasn't long enough to decide if they should be together until death did them part. They had been intimate and she had enjoyed it so that wasn't the issue. It just hadn't felt right. They parted ways and six months later, he was married with a baby on the way. She met Jian not long after that.

By the time thy reached Jian's house, he was running beside her instead of slightly in front of her. The woman who had been trailing them now joined them.

"Let's go inside and I will make the introductions," Jian said as he ran up the stairs and unlocked the door.

"Can I shower and change first?" Brittney asked glad that she had brought more than one change of clothes.

"That's sounds good," Winona replied. "I need a shower too. I'll be back in thirty minutes."

Brittney took a quick shower so that Jian would have time to shower and change before the woman came back. She prepared herself for a long night. She had so many questions and she knew that Jian would tell her what she said that upset him. The more she thought about it, the more she didn't understand his reaction.

Thirty minutes later, Winona was back. Jian served water and tea and made the introductions.

"Brittney, this is Winona Trump. She like us is a slayer. Winona this is Brittney Marsh my partner and mate. Brittney, Winona is here to help us and is the woman that I mentioned that would be training with us. Winona has a gift that I am hoping that you possess. If you do, it will be an added defense mechanism for you. Winona, will you show her?"

Before her eyes, Winona changed into the elderly woman that lived two doors down from Jian and then back into herself. Brittney was flabbergasted and speechless.

"Jian can do it too," Winona said. "His gift is actually much stronger than mine. He is able to change into anything."

"Can I do that?" Brittney asked now intrigued. Her earlier jealousy at Winona was forgotten as she waited for an answer.

"I hope so," Jian replied. "In theory the female mate is supposed to possess whatever gifts the male mate does. That however hasn't always been the case. On occasion the female mate will possess a gift that the male doesn't."

"So how do we find out?" Brittney asked excitedly.

"We will do a series of examinations," Jian replied. "By the time we are through we will know if you at least have the capability."

"What happens if I do? How do I learn how to do it?"

Winona and Jian looked at each other but it was Jian who spoke.

"We will talk about that later. For now I want to see if you have the capability. If you do, Winona will teach you how to control it."

"Why not you?" Brittney asked Jian.

"Because he wants you to have a female to help you adjust to your new life," Winona said. "There are things that I am better able to help you with and there are things that you might feel more comfortable discussing with a woman."

Jian watched Brittney as Winona explained her role to her. On the face of it she didn't seem upset, but he knew differently. She was nervously picking at her sweatpants and wouldn't look at him. He knew that many of the male mates coddled their females. He had never coddled Brittney and he wasn't about to start. When Winona left he would lay it out for her, leave her alone and then move from there. She wasn't a virgin; he knew that because he knew about the man that wanted to marry her. He unlike many males wasn't bothered by the fact that she had been touched by another. He was no virgin himself and to his way of thinking, it would make their first joining easier.

"Jian has my number if you want to talk about anything," Winona said, "or if you just want some female company. Also let me know when the cremation service is, I'll go as extra security."

"Thank you Winona," Jian said on behalf of him and Brittney. "We will start training with the real weapons tomorrow night."

"Good, I'll see you then," Winona said as she stood up.

"I will see you home," Jian said standing. "Brittney, I will be back. We have things to discuss."

When he came back five minutes later, Brittney hadn't moved.

"She didn't do the tests," she said not looking at him.

"Yes she did, you weren't aware of it," Jian said as he sat down. "You do have the capability to change your form. But in order for it to be activated, we must lie together as mates. This is difficult for you and I understand, but..."

"Why didn't you say something sooner?" Brittney asked. "How long have you known?"

"I have known since we first met," Jian replied. "I didn't tell you because there was no real reason to. I had the rare opportunity to get to know you as a person and a friend before I got to know you as a mate. The past four years have been in preparation for this time and we are better connected than couples who have been together for years. There is also this, you knew and chose not to see it."

She didn't try to deny it. What he said about her being in denial was true.

"So now what?" She asked.

"We discuss what being my mate means for us," Jian replied. "You asked me how you didn't see how --I think bossy was the word that you used I was. I have always been as you now see me. The ultimate responsibility for your safety and care lies with me. That means that I am the ultimate decision maker. That does not mean that you cannot disagree with me or fight with me about a decision, but in the end the decision is mine. In an emergency situation you will always leave first and not come back for me. If you were caught you would be used to extract information from me and then they would rape and kill you while I watched."

He waited to give her a chance to ask questions. When she didn't speak, he continued.

"My other responsibility is to care for you at home. That means that I cook for you and take care of any other needs that you may have."

"And what am I supposed to be doing?" Brittney asked.

"Whatever you wish within reason," Jian replied. "Many female mates take online classes or spend time together."

"Does it have to be that way?" Brittney asked. "I mean can't I do things around the house? You know like a partnership?"

Jian knew that this would be a sticking point for her and was actually surprised that she hadn't taken issue with the decision making process.

"It is negotiable," he replied. "Our entire relationship is a partnership and when we are in the field you will make decisions. It isn't like you will have no say."

"What about work?" Brittney asked. "I won't give that up."

"Nor will you have to," Jian replied. "We will remain here for a time and keep our jobs."

"Oh my god!" Brittney exclaimed. "I didn't call work!"

"It is taken care of," Jian said calmly. "We are off for an additional week."

"You too?" Brittney asked already thinking about the office chatter.

"Yes- Brittney we are now inseparable. What the people at work think has been and is immaterial. It will be another adjustment for you but we will get through it together. It will pass quickly- they all knew what you refused to see."

"So we leave as single friends and go back married?"

"Yes," Jian replied.

"And I'm just supposed to give up my apartment? What about my stuff?"

"There is plenty of space here," Jian replied. "We can pack your things after the service on Tuesday or we can do it the day before if you wish."

"All we have to do is have sex?" Brittney asked.

"It is much, much more than that," Jian replied. "Tonight when we sensed that being, you were willing to do anything to be able to kill it. I understand the need to avenge but that has no place in the mating process. As your mate I will hunt this thing with you- that is a given, but we cannot mate unless that component is greatly reduced from your reasoning."

Suddenly she understood. She was upset that he would think that she would marry him just so she could kill the monster.

"I would think that you would know better than that," she said tersely. "I won't lie and say that I hoped that killing it would be a part of it, but it wouldn't have been the only reason."

Jian assessed her for a long time before speaking again.

"Your point is well taken and I apologize," Jian said. "The next question is do you accept that you are my mate? That acceptance is the first step and it must be sincere or the process will not begin."

"Before I answer that," Brittney said, "you never told me what you are and what I'll become. You're not a vampire so what are you?"

"I am of a race that was at one time human. We as well as the vampire have been in existence for as long as there have been people. As the vampires evolved so did we because as I said, we are the natural enemy of the vampire. As we evolved, our cells and organs mutated until we are what you now see. Along with that mutation came different gifts such as immortality, the ability to change form and telepathy. If the rogue mutate, then we will as well. We will notice the change but that is all."

"So you always look like that," Brittney asked.

"Yes and I do not age. Once we are mated, you will not age either. I would also like to clarify something," he continued. "When we mate it is not just sex. It is the blending of our beings that will connect us for as long as we both are in existence..."

"Wait- you said that we would be immortal," Brittney interrupted.

"We are but we can be killed although not very easily. If one of us dies the other will feel it unless the death is intentionally blocked," Jian explained.

"Then what?" Brittney asked. "Does the remaining mate die like they do in the books?"

"Those are vampires but it has been known to happen with our kind. If something were to happen to me, you would be free to become a mate to another. It is what I would want for you."

"Is Winona's mate dead?" Brittney asked now curious about the black slayer.

"That is her story to tell," Jian replied. "I also want to reassure you that there will not be another for me as long as you live. Even if you should die and I take another; you will always be my beloved. The rationale behind being able to take another mate is so that we can continue to procreate."

"What about love?" Brittney asked. "You haven't mentioned that at all."

"You as my first mate will always have my love even in death," Jian replied. "The second mate if there is one will be cared for, but love is not a requirement as it is with us. I know that you do not love me, but all that is required is that the male mate love his female and Brittney, I have that love for you. It is another one of those things that you chose not to see."

She was shell shocked and her head began to pound again.

"Sleep on it," Jian said as he took her hand in his. "We have the services to get through and we'll talk again. "You go upstairs and I will stay down here."

"I'll stay down here..."

"No, you will not," Jian interrupted his voice firm. "You must get used to being taken care of. Now go to bed."

No amount of arguing could make Jian change his mind. Brittney went up the stairs, changed into her pajamas and lay down on the mat. She was tired, her head hurt but she couldn't stop thinking about everything that had happened. Tears that began as tears of sadness turned to tears of anger when she thought about Amanda. Her emotions ran from sorrow to anger to hatred and ended with determination. The determination was for two things. She was going to kill the thing that killed Amanda and she was going to face and accept that everything Jian had told her about them being mates.

Jian looked toward the stairs and went to the closet containing the weapons. When Brittney got up and the cremation services planned, they would begin to work out. Instead of starting her out with the real weapons as he had planned, he was going to have her start out with the replicas. He had the feeling that she would become angry and then accidentally hurt herself if he allowed her to handle the real weapons. All in all he was pleased with how the talk with Brittney had gone. She hadn't argued with the fact that they were mates which told him that she knew he was right. He spent the next three hours cleaning their weapons. They each had a pair of solid silver 'sai' fifteen inch for her and eighteen inches for him as well as an extra one that was worn in the belt. They each had a 'bo' or staff that could be used against swords as well as striking from a safe distance and finally a silver 'naginata' a reaping sword for her and a silver 'katana' for him. Each of them would also carry a 'tanto' a knife for close combat. There were various other small weapons that could be hidden in sleeves and pockets and Brittney was as proficient with them as well as the bigger weapons. She also knew how to use common articles such as keys and rocks as weapons. She was well prepared.

When he was through, Jian put the weapons away and went to check on Brittney. She was turned on her side facing the door sound asleep. Her soft snores told Jian how tired she really was and he decided to let her sleep until she woke up. Once they mated, she wouldn't need to sleep. What they did was rest every so often but even so they were completely alert.

Jian sat on the floor beside her and was reaching out to touch her when she grabbed his hand and held it tightly in hers. She had just consented to be his mate. Jian blew out a breath and then chuckled at how nervous he had really been. His hope was to have the mating completed before the cremation, but he would follow her lead. Now that she had decided, he lay down beside her, pulled her into his arms and kissed her temple. A moment later, he closed his eyes to rest.

****

Xavier paced. He didn't like the confident tone in Troy Cross's voice and he definitely didn't like what the police captain told him. As far as he knew, this Jack Atkins had no obvious weaknesses to exploit including family. He set his own hours and worked alone.

"Why is he so special?" Xavier asked the captain.

"I don't know," the captain replied. "He isn't FBI or anything like that; he's a gold shield detective. He just showed up here with the correct paperwork. I tried to find out where his home district is, but he has none. He just goes from district to district."

"Is that not unusual?" Xavier asked.

"Very," the captain said. "I have people watching him, but so far there doesn't seem to be anything special about him."

"Thank you captain," Xavier said meaning it. The captain was one of the very few in his employ that did what needed to be done without being told. He was also one of the very rare humans that could tolerate hearing his voice without throwing up. The captain told him that he got slightly nauseated but that was it.

So far Cherie had made no headway on locating the rogue nor had she been able to find out anything about the originals. Xavier had the feeling that time was slipping away. Then an even worse thought occurred to him. Those of his kind that had businesses in the city would have to find a way to work together. He could no longer wait to contact the others. He could feel it in his gut. Next to him, Cross was the most powerful rogue with the Angelo's and the Rivera's being third and fourth respectively. There were a couple of other groups, but he considered them a waste of time. But they could be used for something.

"Fuck it," he thought as he picked up the phone to talk to Troy Cross for the second time in less than twenty-four hours.

"Xavier!" Troy said genuinely surprised, "calling to accept our dinner invitation?"

Xavier almost hung up but didn't. His survival could depend on his biggest competitor.

"No," Xavier replied. "I'm calling about a matter that concerns all of us."

"Now what could that be?" Troy asked.

Xavier told him everything except about the lower rogue who had killed the connected human woman and Jack Atkins. He had to keep some things to himself.

"Do you really expect me to believe this?" Troy asked laughing.

"Believe it or not," Xavier said. "I really don't give a fuck, but when the originals and the slayers show up on your doorstep don't say that I didn't warn you."

"Why are you warning me?" Troy asked suspiciously. "What do you get out of it?"

Xavier almost slammed the phone down but tightened his grip on the receiver.

"Trust me when I say that if that I was certain that I could take them on alone and survive; I wouldn't have called you. I would let them kill all of your asses and I would pick up the pieces. You need to decide what you want to do. If we decide to work together with the others, we must all agree to a truce that says we will not attack each other until the threat is over or we know exactly what we're dealing with."

"Do we agree to share all information?" Troy asked still not convinced.

"Of course!" Xavier replied lying through his teeth, "we'll share all information."

They talked for a few more minutes before agreeing to a truce that would last long enough to figure out what- if anything was going on. They agreed to meet at a neutral place that evening and not to mention anything to anyone else until they talked.

"We'll meet at 'Phillips's' at eleven if that's agreeable with you," Xavier said.

"Fine," Troy replied. "We are now under truce- do you agree?"

"I agree," Xavier replied. "I will even call the club to reserve the room."

***

"What do you think?" Troy asked Danielle he hung up.

"I think that he believes what he's saying, but he isn't telling us everything either," she replied.

"So you don't believe him," Troy commented.

"Do you?" Danielle countered.

"I think that he wouldn't have called us if he didn't believe something was happening. He was nervous even though he tried to hide it." Troy said. "I do agree that he was lying, but it was by omission. We need to find out what it is he's hiding and the way to do that is to enter into a truce with him. I want to know everything before that meeting."

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,664 Followers