The Survivors Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The notes had an effect, and a week later, I met with the Johnson crew. They were well equipped and eager to join the fight to retake Billings.

They brought with them much needed building supplies, several trucks, and of all things, a WW2 surplus half-track complete with a huge-ass snowplow blade on the front.

Thus our numbers increased by 15 men and 17 women. There were about a dozen kids along with them, some of whom had been orphaned by the Hellbug or by the Changelings.

The extra manpower enabled us to complete the construction of the extra cabins in plenty of time before the snows hit.

Pete Johnson had the brilliant idea, and the engineering know-how, to build a wooden aqueduct to bring water from the stream to a holding pond hastily dug a few dozen yards from the cabins. Thus ensuring a steady supply of water throughout the winter months.

Angus MacCray was one of the Johnson crew. He had been a Baptist minister before the plague, and was thrilled to have an eager congregation again.

I soon prevailed upon him to formalize my relationship to Melissa.

The wedding was perforce a simple one, but any excuse for a celebration was welcome.

“You know,” she said to me on our wedding night. “I never did know your last name.”

I thought about it for a moment. She was right, I had never told her my last name.

“You are now Mrs. Melissa Phillips.” I informed her.

“ I like the sound of that,” she said with satisfaction.

The next morning we woke up to see a blanket of snow almost a foot deep covering everything in sight.

It was going to be a long winter.

But come spring thaw, we would start the war to retake Billings from the Changelings.

12