The Ten Best Stories on Literotica

Story Info
One reader's opinion on quality writing.
1.1k words
4.25
106.3k
15
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sack
sack
144 Followers

Whether you are a newbie or experienced Literotica inhabitant, it's very easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer volume of stories. When I first started visiting this site, I had absolutely no idea where to start. The stories on the top lists have been criticized as being products of a popularity contest, so I have ignored ratings completely when compiling this list.

What I have not ignored is my gut positive response that reading a good story inevitably brings. The works I have chosen are technically well written, but also offer that extra added something that is difficult to put in words. They have made me laugh out loud, dance around the room, sob hysterically, and contemplate life. They have poked and prodded and bruised and bullied until I finally yielded to their greatness.

In the following list, I have picked one story from ten categories I read frequently. I have tried very hard to be as objective as possible and avoid personal prejudices. But, we are all different and I cannot guarantee that all these marvelous tales will float your boat. Take this as one reader's love letter to ten relative strangers that have made a difference in his life!

1. Erotic Horror- M.I.K.E. by Doormouse

Literotica is indeed lucky to have the extremely talented Doormouse on its roster. She writes with an intensity that is blinding at times. M.I.K.E. is clearly her masterpiece to date, and is well worth reading several times. The poignancy, eloquence and raw emotion herein is rarely to be found on Literotica. You will be sweating after this one!

2. First Time- Things That Go Hump In The Night by Stefan_J

This is one of those stories that suck you in immediately. I simply had to finish it in one sitting, despite the length. Stefan_J is an expert at balancing the erotic and non-erotic aspects of a story. So while there is a slow buildup here, the actual sex scene is quite long and amazingly erotic. I love the details about the protagonist, right down to the comic books he likes. A "feel good" story that gets you in the gut...simply fabulous!

3. Gay Male- Spark by CarsonShepherd

Anything by this author is well worth a read, but Spark is "the best of the best." It bespeaks of real life like no other Gay Male story on Literotica, and in the end rings absolutely true. CarsonShepherd writes the hottest sex scenes around, yet his stories are so much more than pure porn. There is heartfelt emotion that the reader can easily relate to, gay, bi,or straight. Highly recommended to everyone!

4. How To- Easy Guide To Better Writing by Wm_SexSpear

Whether you are an experienced writer or a neophyte about to submit a new story, I consider this submission to be absolutely essential reading. In clear, easy to read language, the author gives very practical suggestions that cannot help but improve your writing. I have read this over at least ten times, and find something different to concentrate on during each go-around. There are many helpful articles in the How To section, but this tome by Wm_SexSpears has never been surpassed!

5. Humor and Satire- Get Into My Shorts By Coolville

This is rolling on the floor hysterical, by far the funniest story I've read in Humor and Satire. In "short", Coolville shows us what stories in various Literotica categories would be like if they were only a sentence or two. Absolutely original, extremely clever, and will give you enough chuckles for days. I read this whenever I am feeling a little down, and it never fails to lift my spirits immediately!

6. Incest/Taboo- The Past In Colorado, Ch. 01 by JtMalone70

In a lean, spartan style, the very talented JtMalone70 leads the reader through a long yet extremely rewarding journey that is best described as "soft porn." The character development is second to none and a model for other writers choosing this category. JtMalone gives Incest a dignity and respect I wouldn't have thought possible. Reading this offering is like contemplating a exquisite gem under a light...new facets are revealed constantly, and one can never get enough of its beauty! Very strongly recommended!

7. Illustrated- Naked Joy by Perdita

More romantic than anything in the Romance category, this heartbrakingly beautiful tale about love in Venice is a real treasure. The illustrations are out and out gorgeous, especially the blue cathedral at the end. Perdita has other fascinating stories as well, but amply shows that "less is more" with this offering. For the simple, poignant expression of love, Naked Joy cannot be beat!

8. Lesbian Sex- Take Two by Colleen Thomas

Anything Colleen Thomas touches turns to gold, but this 48 karat treasure is her masterpiece. Notice how effortlessly the author, in a few well chosen phrases gets the reader immediately involved in the story. She then slowly tightens the screw with a torrid sex scene that is sure to please, before returning the roller coaster to the ground with a breathless ending. This story is proof that Lesbian stories need not be of the "where's the beef?" variety. The beef is all here, and it is a filet mignon cut. Thank you, Colleen for gracing Literotica with your genius!

9. Letters and Transcripts- The Charm Bracelet by Cookie Jar

Cookie Jar continues to amaze and delight with each new offering. Such is the power of this piece that the main item of interest, a letter by a father to his daughter, is never actually opened and read! Along the way, Cookie Jar offers fascinating details and keeps the reader fully engaged until the novel ending. This story is absolutely riveting and something to covet like the letter it describes. Bravo, Cookie!

10. Non Erotic- The Old Man and The Boy by Bearlee

Last but most assuredly not least, is this stunning piece by the multifaceted husband and wife team "Bearlee". Absolutely a must read for anyone that has lost an important male figure in their life, having few equals in sheer beautiful prose that is a delight to read. There are many great offerings in the Non Erotic section, a category that is unfortunately neglected at Literotica. I suggest starting with this lovely thought provoking tale which will shatter, then reconstruct you as a changed person!

I could easily review twenty-plus more stories in the remaining categories, but just as a box of chocolates is to be savored, start with these exquisite concoctions, one delicious tale at a time. Feel free to leave public comments with your own favorites. One can't possibly read everything at Literotica, and often word of mouth (so to speak!) is the best way to let others know about an exceptional offering!

Happy reading, Sack

sack
sack
144 Followers