The Treasure Map

Story Info
I send my wife on a treasure hunt for Christmas.
791 words
4.14
16.8k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
dirtyjoe69
dirtyjoe69
977 Followers

It was Christmas Eve and as our kids were well into their teens my wife and I decided to open all our gifts early. After coming home from a traditional night at our friend's house of singing Christmas carols and cocktails we arrived home.

Unknown to my wife earlier in the day I had set up a little treasure hunt for her main gift. I thought it romantic and since it was coming on our tenth wedding anniversary in the upcoming year I bought her a beautiful ten year wedding anniversary diamond ring set. I figured a little treasure hunt would be fitting for such a treasured gift.

We started out that we were only going to open one gift each of our choice but since the gift my wife chose was the first part of her hunt it left us no option but to open all our gifts.

When she grabbed the gift I told her if she opened that one we would have to open all our gifts so we quickly agreed to make our Christmas Eve our Christmas morning, it was well into the early morning anyway. I took away the box and told her that would be the last one she opened.

We all ripped apart the paper on the other gifts, smiles on all faces when each saw what they got. Then it came time for the final gift, I knew there were going to be tears of joy and I had her son follow her with camera in hand as she took her journey.

She first opened a present that was under the tree, inside was no gift but a note of longing love and the next step for her to take. The note took her in the direction of the television hutch and she soon found another note. She was giddy with the game and I could tell her heart was racing. She was probably thinking this present better be worth the work...lol.

The next note took her all the way upstairs to our bedroom to a painting that was hung on our wall. It is funny how we look at things each and every day but fail to actually look at it. Had she looked at the picture earlier more closely she would have noticed the note but to my luck she hadn't so the game was not ruined.

When she opened the note it lead her back down stairs to another gift under the tree that was hidden in the back. It was a big box that I knew would lead her to think this was it...but...no such luck. As she tore away the paper I could see she thought she finally hit her gift but another note had her traveling again, this time to the kitchen.

When she got to the stove there was a card waiting for her. I professed my love once again and offered her the final piece to her treasure map. The map took her back to the beginning and once again she was at the Christmas tree. Tucked in the back in the tree was a small wrapped box.

Her eyes lit up as she tore at the Christmas wrap, and when she flipped the box open the look of love, appreciation and happiness that was on her face was worth twice as much then the ring was worth. I know for her as well as me every good moment of our twelve years together washed through our thoughts. It was then that I took the ring and asked her to marry me all over again.

The tears started rolling down her cheeks and she was left without words for a brief moment that is when I heard what I wanted and needed to hear. When her words did finally escape her lips my heart fluttered and tears welled up in my eyes as I felt as I did the first moment I knew I was in love with this beautiful woman.

I have wrote many stories about us on this site, some true some just plain fiction (I will leave it to the imagination of the readers which is which) but the love I have for my wife is fully true and I don't know what I would do without her in my life. She is my rock and if I could afford it I would give her a "rock" every Christmas. I couldn't think of a woman who deserves it more than her.

I just hope I have done as well this year! I think I have but we will see...

Merry Christmas all and best wishes to all your families, I hope you are as lucky as I am in love and life.

dirtyjoe69
dirtyjoe69
977 Followers