The Unrequited Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Gaius8666
Gaius8666
784 Followers

"Yes..." Jill exhaled deeply. "Old Mrs. Laveau was quite religious and as seems obvious by this, possibly getting a bit senile. No problem though, you surely can change anything you want in the house once you buy it." Looking at her watch she smiled. "Look Gus, I don't mean to push you, but as you can see this is truly the deal of a lifetime. Not to go all Glen Gary Glen Ross on you, but do we have a deal or do we not?"

All eyes turned to Gus and he smiled. Taking out his checkbook he wrote out the full amount out of his main account which had well over six hundred thousand dollars. It was a big purchase but, he knew he would never see a more lopsided deal in his life and he feared he would regret missing out if he did not act. Handing her the check, Jill exhaled in relief as he cried "We have a deal!"

Now that the deal was made, Jill and his sister considerably relaxed and walked downstairs while he continued to explore upstairs. Checking each bedroom again he was giddy as he could not believe he had just purchased such a mansion, fully expecting to just go on this trip to humor his sister not to become the owner of a vast estate. Entering the last room beside the wall of rosaries, he saw an enormous oak bed against the wall bathed in the warm morning light streaming in from outside. Imagining himself christening the bed with a delicious romp with Jasmine he grinned to himself. "You are going to soon see things Old Mrs. Laveau could only dream of!" he whispered as he turned to leave. Shuddering slightly as he felt a sudden cold chill he paused as a movement in the mirror caught his attention out of the corner of his eye. Snapping his neck quickly to look he saw nothing and stopped. Thinking it must be a shadow cast from one of the trees outside, he started out the door when he stopped again, his ears picking up a barely audible whisper.

"Oui"

"Hello?" he called out into the empty room. "Is anyone here?"

Greeted with stony silence, the sounds of Jill and his sister came floating up from the kitchen. Thinking it an echo he went downstairs.

Back in Margaret's car, the two drove the short distance to Commander's Palace for lunch. Dropping the keys into the valet's hand she smiled as Gerard, the longtime Maitre D recognized her and escorted she and brother to her regular table. Looking down at the rumpled and extremely casually dressed Gus his disdain could barely be concealed, but knowing that the future First Lady of the state was a regular patron, he hid his natural contempt. Now with two full Bloody Marys on the table, Margaret lifted her glass.

"To my baby brother, the new home owner!" Clinking her glass with his Gus nodded as he gulped down his drink.

"You are welcome." She smirked.

"What?"

"You are welcome!"

"Oh, right. Thanks Sis, I really appreciate it." Looking down at the table, his heart filled with emotion he remembered all of the tremendous sacrifices she had made for he and his other sisters growing up. It was hard after their parents died and Margaret had to grow up fast. Gus was especially moved that even now, decades later, it was obvious she still was looking out after little brother.

"You are a good big Sister Margaret." he smiled as he grabbed her hand and they took another drink. Seeing the shrimp cocktail arriving Margaret threw up her hands in glee as they both dove into the plate. No food on earth was better than that made at Commanders Palace and today was definitely a day to celebrate.

Looking over at Gus devouring his appetizer Margaret asked. "So Gus, what are you doing next Tuesday?"

Looking up in confusion he shrugged as she continued. "Well, if you are free, I have a young beautiful assistant who just is dying to meet you. She not only is very pretty but smart as a whip and I just know you two will instantly hit it off."

Smiling smugly Gus laughed. "So... First you plan to get your little hipster doofus brother into a house, check, and now it is time to marry him off to a respectable woman, double check. You are nothing if not consistent!"

Smiling back at him as she dug into her salad she said "Being your big sister is a full time job!"

Gaius8666
Gaius8666
784 Followers
12