The Unrequited Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Gus said nothing but in the pit of his stomach he felt a rumble. He was not frightened by this information but actually excited. Always a fan of the paranormal and never one to miss "Ghost Adventures" on TV, this story added a new layer of intrigue to his home although he did not believe in any of it. Sensing his mind churning, Maxine spoke.

"I hope Mabel did not spook you. You know how help can be. I certainly would not want to have to break in a new neighbor if you decide to move."

"No, not at all. It actually makes me like the house even more. I find this quite interesting actually, quite interesting indeed." Shaking the box, he joked "Maybe Mable is right, maybe I should add this to the collection."

As he pondered this development and continued chatting with Maxine, out of the corner of his eye he saw the Bayou Computer Services van pull up in front of his house. Knowing that the techs had arrived he said "Sorry to drink and run neighbor, but the guys are here to finally fix my Wi-Fi."

"Wi what?" she answered, her face betraying her complete ignorance of the subject. "Must be a computer thing. You young people are so clever these days."

"It is, but no doubt you are much better without it." Finishing his drink, he shook her hand and scampered across her lawn to meet the technicians. Watching his tight ass and well sculpted legs as they ran off Maxine sighed.

Thinking suddenly naughty thoughts she had not thought in years she downed her mimosa and called out "MABLE!!! Please come out here. We have much to discuss."

Meeting the workman and guiding him into the foyer he described the problem and for the rest of the afternoon his house was filled with electricians and computer technicians. The high nerd quota in his home that day he was sure would repel girls for weeks, but after several hours and much swearing it appeared the problem was fixed and the Wi-Fi was working perfectly. Handing him the work order to sign, the chief tech spoke.

"Mr. Leblanc. It appears you have a high level of subfrequency electronic interference in this house. Maybe it is the marble, or perhaps you have some underground wiring issues but I think we have it fixed. We upped the amps and installed five routers, ten boosters and twenty repeaters all over the place. Trust me, you are more wired up the AT&T right now!"

Thanking them, Gus looked down at his IPad and saw for the first time the signal was strong and all the bars were full.

"Great! Now, do you think this will keep all my mobile devices from draining so fast?"

"Maybe, I don't know. Honestly this place was a challenge. You have some wacky electrical shit going on in here, but I think we have it well in hand now. You might want to check out your second floor though, there is some truly batshit nutty things going on in the ether up there."

Giving each worker a fifty, they all left quite happy. Angeline had been quite animated all day with all of the work going on in the house, barking incessantly and constantly licking whoever was low enough for her to reach. Now that it was quiet again she once more glued herself to Gus's left leg. Picking up the box that had been delivered earlier he took it into his office and opened it.

Inside was a rather ornate rosary with red and purple glass prayer beads and a small silver cross. There was no note attached but the return address stated "St. Benedict's Monastary - Pelow LA, under the authority of the Bishop of St. Louis Cathedral, New Orleans LA." Holding the object in his hand, he looked down at his dog who had her ears down and was slightly whimpering.

"Don't get upset girl. I think we will fulfill old Mrs. Laveau's last wish and add this to her wall. I bet that will make you feel much better, what do you say?" Scratching her neck, she perked up and started panting, instantly cheering up. Walking out of his office the dog reluctantly followed him out into the hall and to his great surprise, and for the first time all week, she walked by herself up the stairs.

Now with both of them standing in front of the wall of rosaries, Angeline cowered behind his leg as he walked up close to inspect. Seeing an exposed rusted nail head unstrung, he hung the beads before standing back and crossing his arms. Calling out loud, half in jest, he said "OK Mrs. Laveau. I hope you like where I placed it."

12