The Warlock Pt. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There was a slight gasp as the room took in exactly what I had proposed. Us supernaturals like to think we are integrated into modern times but our rules go so far back in history that there are still a lot of ancient practices that are still in force. I had just called Luthair out for his attempt on my apprentices life. The council would have to cast an augury to see if my complaint had validity. If the spell came back affirmative, Luthair would feel it and know the terms. If he failed to present himself to me he would be stripped of all but his basic power and he would be branded for any supernatural creature to see. Of course if the spell came back negative, I would be stripped of all but my basic power and would have a brand for all to see until the time period for which I'd specified had elapsed. Some looked at it as a gamble. I looked at it like a challenge.

There is a long standing tradition that an older point of order will be dealt with before a newer point of order. That meant that there was a break as Xath summoned a quorum for the augury spell.

Chloe and Gwydion found me standing outside the chambers, meditating.

"What is going to happen Dad?" Chloe asked in a small voice.

I gave her a hug.

"Nothing kiddo. You are just feeling the group angst because I invoked some seriously ancient magic. The older the magic, the less forgiving the results. That makes people nervous," I said reassuringly.

"You know he will come at you hard if this works out," Gwydion said ominously.

"I want him to. I want him so pissed off and riled up that he makes mistakes. If I could have found a way to insult his mother with this spell I would have. That rat bastard wants to hide in the shadows, let's see him come out and play with the big dogs." Something must have changed in my tone as I noticed Chloe flinch a little.

I calmed down and took a couple deep breaths.

"Sorry guys. It's just that Luthair has been a thorn in my side since the Osiron incident and I am finally getting a chance to be rid of him. Plus the fact that he came after Chloe and essentially killed you, Gwydion. I'd want him for those reasons alone. Not to mention the fact that his position on the council and attitude towards me might make people think I am weak. I will not have that." I said.

Gwydion frowned a bit at that last statement. I knew this was an aspect of my personality that he didn't understand or approve of. I couldn't help it.

We were interrupted by the gong that told us the quorum had cast the spell. I was to present myself for inspection. As I entered the chamber all of the Council members present turned to me. Xath held the ceremonial silver knife and motioned me over to the stone bowl set in front of him. I presented myself to him and held out my hand. In a swift motioned he stabbed the knife into my palm and let the blood drip into the bowl. The pain was excruciating. I figured this was another reason so few people invoked the old magic. It usually came with the price of blood.

The blood sizzled as it hit the bowl and the steam came up and entered my nose. I felt my thoughts and memories getting shifted. I alternately felt anger and hurt. Fear and the desire for revenge. I realized I was feeling the emotions I'd felt the night of the shooting. Abruptly the smoke came out from my nose and back to the bowl then turned a deep red color and dissipated. I had to admit it was pretty cool.

Since I didn't feel any weaker and no one was looking at me with revulsion I assumed the spell was positive.

Xath stood up and addressed the council members.

"Martin Melshembar has challenged Luthair Falcast to a duel for honor. Let it be known that this is a duel to the yield, or to the death. Luthair shall present himself at the end of the next complete lunar cycle to settle this matter according to the edicts of Terra. Let it be known," he intoned.

Great. Now that that was over it was time for a vacation. I missed my ladies.

========================

I think I got a bit more meat on this chapter. As always, feel free to let me know what you think.

Thanks again to my first-time editor. Hopefully I won't disappoint him too much :)

I have a third chapter to my "April's Fool" story line. If the interest is there I will try to put it to paper. Let me know.

Thanks for reading.

-Ahaz