The Warlock Pt. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She smiled.

"You recognize power. I should have known better; I thought that sending a royal envoy consisting of the prince and princess of Dragons would be enough to get you to accept our request." Her tone held a hint of rebuke, and I got the impression that this one was used to having her every thought carried out. She almost made me feel bad about my actions. Almost.

"You're correct that I recognize power. I also recognize when I am being played a fool. Had your envoys contacted me through proper channels, I would have been interested. However, ambushing me in a bar and then trying to assert dominance in my abode was the exact wrong way to achieve my acquiescence. Furthermore, I think you are aware of this and set them up to fail. Whether this was a test for me or for your son and daughter, I have yet to determine," I replied. See Gwydion, I could be respectful.

"What makes you think they are my progeny?" she asked.

"Simple: I am the preeminent Warlock of this or any preceding generation. I am as much of a major power on this plane as there is. The disrespect shown to me by these so-called envoys is more than sufficient cause for me to destroy them. Yet here you are, intervening. Since you have already called them 'royal,' I assume them to be your son and daughter. Which would mean I am addressing the Dragon Queen herself. Since we have established our respective ranks in this world, let me make it easy. What in the Hell do you want from me?"

Her beautiful visage twisted into something ugly for just a split second. I had her number now.

"Martin Melshembar, the esteemed Draconic Council requests an audience with you two days hence at your villa. The Accords of Merlin shall be be observed, and the Assurance of Safety will be in effect," she intoned.

Great, here we go again.

----------------------------

The next day proved interesting. What do you serve a council of Dragons? I made the joke about trying to find enough virgin maidens for them to eat and both Sofie and Xandra shot me down. No sense of humor, I tell ya.

I wanted to gain a little bit of goodwill in the Arcane council, so I went to send a message to Xath. After convincing him I was serious and then telling him that he was the only one who could come, I wandered toward the kitchen to grab something to eat. I slowed down as I heard voices talking and stopped to listen.

"I don't get it. Exactly how big of a deal is Daddy Warlocks?" Chloe was asking. "I would ask him, but I doubt I would get a straight answer."

I heard Gwydion chuckle and Xandra snort.

"Martin is as major a player in the supernatural word as you will ever see," I heard Sofia say. "The Praetorian Guard has an entire Paladin crisis initiative tailored to him specifically should he be deemed a threat."

Wow, that was news to me. It made sense, though.

"The interesting thing is that there are two paths depending on if we were to receive Alpha backup or not," I heard Sofie continue.

"What is 'Alpha backup?'" That was Chloe.

"Me," I heard Gwydion say sadly.

"WHAT!? They would expect you to go after Pops? No way would you do that!" Chloe exclaimed.

"Chloe, baby, the world isn't black and white. There are a number of scenarios that could pit me directly against Martin. It wouldn't be something that I would do lightly, but it could happen." Gwydion said gently.

"I don't get it. You're his best friend, how could you go after him?" Chloe sounded near tears.

"Say a telepath was able to break through his mental defenses. Martin has enough power and influence in the Lower Planes that he could almost launch an invasion of this plane single-handed. The mind control causes him to call in all those favors. I would have to help stop him," Gwydion explained.

"What if the council pisses him off to the point that he takes over and shuts it down? Make no mistake, he could totally annihilate them if he chose. The ramifications of having no organized body to mediate between the various supernaturals would be terrible," Sofia said.

"Pops would never do that," Chloe said. I found myself loving her even more; she had more faith in me than I did.

"Baby, there is a standing item on the Council table to make necromancers kill-on-sight. It is about the only thing the Paladins and Vampyres would ever agree on. On its own, it might pass or it might not. You can bet that Martin is a big reason why that item is not coming to a vote any time soon," Gwydion said.

"I need a shower to get this sand off me. All I can say is that I'm with Pops, unless it looks like he's gonna hurt himself. As for you, buster, if you want more of what you got last night you better be on the same page," she said lightly. I heard what must have been a kiss, then she must have left.

"You both have it bad. How are you going to explain this to the Convocation?" I heard Sophia ask.

"She is my life. I plan on spinning it that I have a tie and great influence with the most powerful Necro ever. That has to gain me some brownie points," Gwydion replied.

"Good luck with that. Best friends with the dreaded Martin Melshembar and lovers with the most powerful Necromancer to walk the earth in the past four thousand years. You might end up losing your golden-boy status." I could hear the laughter in Sofie's voice.

"HA! Who are they going to get to replace me? Jackson and Benedict are the closest, and they don't have the chops yet. Give them a decade or two and they might be worthy," Gwydion snorted.

"Wow, Martin has rubbed off on you," Sofie laughed. "Would you go after him if they told you to?" she asked with a more serious voice.

"Depends, It would have to be pretty bad for me to do it. How about you? I know you're out, but I'm sure there is something left," Gwydion said

"Nope, I am all in with my love. I hope to have his kids someday. I have to believe in something, Gwyd. It wasn't the Paladins, it wasn't Mom and Dad, and it sure as hell wasn't the Guard. Besides you, Martin is the one person that hasn't ever let me down. I just wish I could have realized that years ago," Sophia replied.

"How is it working with Xandra? I didn't know you rolled that way," Gwydion asked.

"I don't, really, but Xandra makes Martin such a better person. How could I not love her for that? As for the sex, that girl's tongue should be considered the eighth wonder of the world. I don't know of a single straight girl that couldn't be turned by her tongue. Does it bother you? Having your big sister dyke it out with a demoness?" Sofia asked.

"As long as it is consensual, I don't care who or what you sleep with, Sis. As for Xandra, she is the lynchpin for all of this. I seriously hope no one figures out how fast things could go to hell without her." Gwydion replied.

Interesting, I hadn't thought of it, but it was so true. My little succubus was probably one of the key players on this plane. I would have to take extra special care of her tonight. I summoned the riding crop I'd gotten her for Valentine's Day; tonight she was getting the full treatment.

*****

The next part is plotted out and ready to go. I just have to clean up the dialogue and polish the fight scenes. Now that things are slowing down at work, I hope to be able to post more. Thanks for your patience!

-Ahaz

12