There Must Be a Mistake Ch. 10

Story Info
A Scientist Inherits His Niece.
27.9k words
4.66
59.1k
44

Part 10 of the 34 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 05/19/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Note: All persons used in this novel are fictitious. Although the areas used in this novel are real, the streets, buildings, roadways, recreational areas, and other points of interest used to make this interesting reading for you, are neither at the exact heights, or in the location described. If you are looking for a great deal of Explicit Sexual Activity, There Is A Section In This CHAPTER For You. I will return to my normal writing commitment, when my research materials arrive at the U of M library. This is going to be a STORY, for your reading pleasure," with no more than "FIFTY CHAPTERS." With the exclusion of this section, this story could easily have a fit into the category of "NON-EROTIC" as easily as it will fit into a Novel or Novellas. Please remember, this is "A NOVEL."

Chapter 10

42. If Two People Know a Secret...It's Not a Secret

Almost all the invited guests were lounging around the pool area, at the Atwater's Connecticut estate, when the former president came roaring out of his office. "I'm going to kill you Fred. I know you did it. I don't know how you did it, or when you did it, but it had to be you who did it. No one else could have done this to me but you."

"Oh Tremendous One, what insult have I brought down upon your head this time?"

"It's in the papers. I just received a call from the Associated Press asking me for a comment on this story."

"What story is that sir?"

"Don't play with me Fred; the story about my meeting in Charleston on Saturday, and the news conference on Monday."

"What did they say about your meeting and news conference, because I haven't thought about either of them since your last meeting?"

"The reporter read me the entire story from the Washington Post. Then she said there were identical stories in the Charleston Post & Courier, Columbia Star, and the Atlanta Constitution. I asked for her phone number and told her I would check with my staff to see if there was any validity to this story. However, at this time, I knew nothing about it. How did you get the word out Fred; how did you do it. Why did you do this to me?"

"You've made the big time again, sir. The Associated Press called you. Did you miss the attention? Do you miss the press hounding you every day?"

"Don't you dare change the subject on me you reprobate? How did you get the word out without me knowing about it?"

"Sharon and I leave for Barbados in the morning. I don't have any meetings for the remainder of the week. I won't be back until Sunday afternoon, because court opens Monday morning. I haven't done anything but relax since I've been here, at your home. I have not touched my phone, or your phones, to contact anyone in the press. I received one phone call, and that was from Sandy verifying we were going to Barbados, because all our girls are going with us. You should come with us some time. You could use an allover tan."

"Is that how you did it Fred? You co-opted your daughters into doing your dirty work. I want to know how you got the word out to the press about our meeting with Dr. Luck, and our proposed Space Venture. Don't lie to me Fred; I want to know how you did it."

"First, I have not thought about your meeting; it was none of my concern. Second, Cindy and Sandy are as ethical as you are. They don't jaywalk, because it is against the law. I am extremely proud of how my girls have grown up into fine young women. I would never ask them to do something as underhanded as you are suggesting. Debbie and Danny are doctors; and are subject to the same set of ethics we are. They are my children, and they have professional rules they must follow every day."

"Look at me and say that again, Fred; wait a moment, don't bother, you can lie with a straight face."

"I taught you how to do it, didn't I?"

"So you admit you're lying to me."

"I am not lying to you. I have not left the grounds of your estate. I have not used 'my' cell phone, and I have not used any of your phones to make contact with the outside world. You have my permission, as always, to check them to see if either of these statements are lies. When did they say they received this information?"

"They received an anonymous tip at 8:30 PM last night."

"Wonderful, where were we 8:30 PM last evening?"

"Oh crap, we were at the theater watching "Bullets over Broadway."

"I will accept your apology any time you are ready, Mr. Big Sur Mouth."

"I'm sorry Fred; I was sure it was you. It was the same kind of stunt you pulled when I was Attorney General."

"Yes that was fun sir, wasn't it?"

"Fun hell, the president nearly took my head off."

"There was a little bit of bad, but it came with a great deal of good for you didn't it. You received five days of free press coverage, plus your name was on television during all five Sunday news programs."

"You were amazing Fred. Nearly 2 years before the election you told me I was going to win by 8 percentage points. I won by 8.4 percent. Do you have a private line to God?"

"No sir; if I did he would send me directly to that other place for the rest of time. I knew the man I worked for however. He is the one that should have a direct line to the Lady upstairs, because he has a record that assures his admission to that club."

"Don't you dare try to flatter me Fred; I still don't trust you. I know you had something to do with this. You probably had my niece do it for you."

"Sharon, your uncle is abusing me again, and accusing you of doing a bad thing."

His wife approached him and said, "Have you been away from your boss for so long you have forgotten what it is like to be humiliated by him?"

"I guess so. Almost everyone else treats me with respect. Even our daughters are nice to me every once in a while. He is treating me like I'm a member of his household staff."

Sharon kissed him on his head, and then kissed her uncle. "What did my husband do to damage your reputation this time Uncle Clark?"

"Even your wife knows you did it Fred."

"What did he do Uncle Clark? I didn't say he did it, I just want to know what you think he did."

"I don't want to tell you what he did. It is a very closely held secret. He knows about it because I made the mistake of having him tag along with me. I should have had my head examined when I did it. Let me say I had a meeting with some very important and wealthy people. We agreed to meet again this Saturday to discuss the details of what we are planning to do, and make a very important announcement next Monday. The only people who knew the exact dates for those meetings were in that room. Fred was one of those people.

I received a phone call tonight asking me for a comment on Saturday's meeting, and Monday's announcement. We didn't have anything to benefit by announcing it early, especially after what happened in Colorado last week."

"Are you talking about the thing with the scientist and the missile attack?"

"Yes."

"What do you have to do with him?"

"I don't want to discuss that with you or anyone else. I don't want you to talk about that incident with anyone else, is that clear?"

"Yes, I understand. What did you do Fred? This sounds like something you would get your nose into."

"My nose is firmly attached to my face. Your uncle accused me of having you do it for me. You should be angry with him, not me."

"That wasn't nice of you Uncle Clark. I would never betray your trust by doing something like that behind your back."

"I know you wouldn't dear. I was angry with the man you married."

"Believe me Uncle Clark I know that feeling extremely well."

"Hey you two, I am a very nice person. You can ask any lawyer who comes before us and wins."

"What about the attorneys on the other side of the argument Fred?"

"They are sore losers."

"Equal pay for Equal Work comes up this session. If you vote the wrong way, and your daughters cars are in our driveway, I would go to a hotel, and sleep there, under an assumed name, for the rest of your life."

"They have apartments at the court for Justices who have to spend late hours working. I will be working late very often when that comes before us."

"It won't matter Fred; they will find you. They will tear you apart limb from limb, leaving that one special limb of yours for last."

"Getting back to my question; who do you believe could have done this to my group of people?"

"Did anyone keep notes during the meeting?"

"I don't believe so."

"How many people knew about your meeting?"

"There were 17 of us at the meeting, including the children. Oh God that could be it. Apparently the word did get out. The Orion astronauts and Dr. Oyster from Caltech came to our first meeting to thank Gordon Luck for saving their lives and their mission to Mars. I'll bet you someone saw them entered our meeting room, and saw us as we exited the room after they left. When they saw Dr. Luck with us, I will wager they added 2+2 and guessed the rest."

"Great one, they could have checked for the flight plans of their private jets. They may have received the departure dates and destination information for your guests. Once they found out your group was going to Charleston South Carolina the local bloodhounds could get the remainder of the information within hours. Has Ms. Julia filed her flight plan yet?"

"I don't know; I will ask her at dinner."

"I could sue you for defamation of character."

"You are definitely a character Fred. The other eight justices on the court know that only too well."

"I keep them entertained Clarke. It takes the stuffiness out of that small courtroom. They are relaxed instead of sitting there like statues."

"I'm going to make some phone calls. I have to find out if that's how they did this."

"Good thinking Mr. Former President, because I'm hungry. I think I will eat my wife."

"Dammit Fred don't you think of anything but sex while you're on vacation?"

"Who said I wait until vacation? There is a lot of room between my chair and the desk in front of me at the court. Sharon fits there beautifully. We have done everything but Anal while listening to arguments that would put anyone to sleep. We would try it but when she cums in that position, she screams like a banshee."

"I pray to God you never change Fred. I also pray that He doesn't make another one like you. If he does, this world is in trouble."

"My daughter's tell me, He is a She; and please tuck your shirt in Mr. President; your green underwear is showing."

Clarke checked his shirt and it was tucked in.

"You bastard, you did that just to embarrass me."

"No Sir, I did that just to remind you it was Wednesday."

"Go fuck yourself Fred."

"No Sir, your niece would get angry with me if I used any of my semen on anyone but her."

"If you kill him Sharon, I will swear in court that he was abusing you."

"Thank you uncle, but he does abuse me at least three times a night with that wonderful pointer of his. I would miss it dearly if I didn't have it to play with every night, morning, and afternoon, while he's working."

"Please don't tell me that story about being under his desk is true."

"All right, I won't, but I have the pillow and blanket under his desk to keep me warm when he is busy."

"You two deserve each other."

"Thank you Uncle Clark that is the nicest compliment I could ever receive. Come with me dear, I believe your lunch is almost ready."

"Enjoy your phone calls Mighty One, I will not be thinking of you for the rest of the day."

"Bring a bottle of champagne up to your room. You two may get thirsty."

"I was going to take that bottle of 1875 Napoleon Brandy."

"You keep your hands off that bottle of brandy. It cost me $28,000."

"Why are you waiting to drink it? Are you waiting for Ms. Julia to become pregnant? If she does, you know it will not be yours."

"Is there anything you don't know about me?"

"May I have a few moments to think about that?"

"Absolutely, take all the time you need."

"No; there is nothing I do not know about you. You have never had an affair. You have never cheated on your taxes. You have had two speeding tickets, not that you haven't deserved more. You can't parallel park worth a damn. You love your wife more than you love your life. And if you touch this house one more time she will kill you. Shall I get into the more specific portions of your personal life?"

"Clarke if you open your mouth and say yes, I will kill you."

"Hello dear, did you have a good time playing bridge?"

"Hell yes; I nearly came home with Peggy's panties in my pocket. I took her for everything she had."

"How much was that Ms. Julia?"

"$24.78."

"Oh, you play a high-stakes game."

"You bet your ass we do, and its cutthroat. What did my husband do to raise your ire today Fred?"

"He accused me of betraying his trust, which is nothing unusual as you know. This time he did it without thinking. He must be getting old, because he is not using his brain like he used to do. You may wish to take him to a doctor and see if he has anything remaining between his ears."

"Don't you start with me Fred; I will box your ears, until they change sides."

"Do you see what I mean Julia? He believes I will stand still so he can catch me, while he is using his walker."

"You son of a bitch, I'm going to break your neck."

The chase was on. Fred jogged down the right side of the pool, with the former president running several yards behind him.

The 18 invited guests were laughing and clapping their hands, watching the two combatants. Fred was tormenting his mentor with jokes about his age, slowness of foot, and manner of dress.

Fred saw the former President slowing down and came to a stop. He turned around, and opened his arms to catch the man who had appointed him to the highest office in the judiciary.

Clarke did not complain or resist the offer of being held up by his friend.

As they walked very slowly along the side of the pool, Fred asked, "Are you all right, sir? No chest pains; no tingling in the hands or arms; no back pain or anything like that?"

"No Fred, I am not going to have a heart attack, because I chased after a younger man."

"Are you absolutely sure, sir, I don't want to lose you, because of something as stupid as what we just did."

"Fred I'm going to be around for a long time to abuse you and make your life as miserable as possible."

"Those are the nicest words I have ever heard big mouth." He stopped, hugged the former president, and smiled as he held onto his shoulders.

"Clarke, you need to cool off." With those words, Fred pushed his mentor into the pool.

Cell phones appeared from everywhere, as the former presidents' guests started taking pictures of him breaching the water like a whale.

The Secret Service men, assigned to guard him, were in a quandary. They were laughing so hard they would have drowned if they jumped into the pool to rescue him.

However, if they didn't jump into the pool, they could be dismissed from the service for dereliction of duty.

They went with option number two, and continued to laugh, clap their hands, and slap their thighs.

When he gained control of his situation, Clarke yelled, "Someone shoot that bastard before I do."

"Why sir; you stumbled into the pool. Are you drunk again?"

"I haven't had a drink all day, and you know it you numbskull."

"I know nothing of the kind sir; I'm a very sick man."

"If you're not sick now, when I get out of here you are going to be the sickest man alive."

"Did you hear that? The former president of these United States is threatening my life. I'm beginning to think he has become socially inadequate, or mentally ill. We all should be very careful when we sit down to dinner this evening. Maybe the wonderful and talented Miss Julia Atwater should cut his food for him, as if he were returning to the infant stage of human life. It would keep us all safe from any sharp objects that may be near him."

Julia laughed. "Fred do you think he is at the stage that I am going to have to diaper him?"

"Do not humor the boy Julia. He is out of control. If he gets any worse he will start performing on stage."

From a third-floor window Sharon yelled, "Are you cuming Fred, or am I cuming alone?"

"That cum belongs to me, don't you dare serve yourself."

Julia said, "Hurry up Fred; you don't want her to be angry with you before you get to Barbados."

"You are right Julia. I will see you in a few hours, don't start dinner without us; or at least leave something for us in the refrigerator. She is hot today, and I am going to make her hotter by the hour."

"Hurry up Fred before I join you, and give my husband a real heart attack."

"If you were anyone else Julia; I mean anyone else; I would invite you to join us in our room."

"Thank you Fred that would be an invitation I would find hard to refuse."

************

43. A Brief Interlude As I Wait For Scientific Material To Arrive From The University Library.

Fred charged into the building, up two flights of stairs, and met his wife standing by their doorway. She was naked, and had two fingers playing with her clit."

"Get your hand away from there beautiful; that belongs to me."

"I know Fred; I was just heating it up for you."

"Okay, just don't let it boil over." He grabbed his wife, threw her over his shoulder, and kicked the door closed.

"Dammit Fred, you are going to hurt yourself doing this one day."

"Listen, lightweight, I threw you over my shoulder the first day I met you. The day I can't do it, you will be doing 'Woman on Top' for the rest of our married lives."

"That's sounds wonderful Fred. I will accept that promise graciously. It means you will never get to fuck me in the ass again."

"Wait a minute; I didn't think about that. There has to be another way."

"Mister Chief Justice Hastings, would you repeat back please? Did you just say you didn't think about something? I have never heard you utter those words before. I thought you always thought of everything, before you said something. Is it possible your brain is aging?"

He threw her on their bed and brought his mouth to her lips. When their kiss ended he asked her to repeat her question.

"What question was that dear?"

"I don't know, I thought you asked me something. Now where was I? Oh yes, I remember."

His left hand and mouth began torturing her breasts, while his right hand began the process of taking off his clothes. Over the years of their marriage he had become very adept at this procedure, because Sharon's hands were always attached to his head or ears, directing him to areas she wanted him to attend to.

At times she wanted to be the aggressor, and others she wanted to be attacked. At still other times they attacked each other, and when it was over they had the bruises to prove it.

Today she was in a passive mode. She wanted to be attacked by her husband, and he was in prime form. She had teeth marks on both her breasts, and her nipples were red from being twisted by his fingers. She screamed in agony and ecstasy as he brought her to orgasm after orgasm, and he had not gone near her vagina, yet.

By the pool Clarke asked Julia, "What is that boy doing to her? If we were closer to the street, the police would raid us, thinking there was a crime being committed."

"You have the shortest memory of any man I know Clark. 15 or so years ago, that was me screaming, while you were making love to me."

"I don't remember you screaming like that. I know we had the greatest of times together, but they sound like they're breaking all the rules."

"You are an idiot Clark. You may be the brightest person I know, except for Fred, but when you are making love there are no rules. You please your partner, and your partner pleases you in any and every way possible. When you fucked me up the ass, didn't you think that was breaking a rule? If you did, you didn't seem to mind breaking a rule, because you came back time and time again, without any remorse."

123456...8