Three Sisters Ch. 03

Story Info
Josh begins a new chapter of his life.
8.1k words
4.51
64.3k
64

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/26/2022
Created 08/03/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LickDaFelt
LickDaFelt
146 Followers

Here you go, Chapter 3. Wanted to knock these things out quicker than every month, but a month at the latest was the goal. Unfortunately, work called expectantly and I found myself indisposed for a couple of weeks. This is 17 pages types, so slightly longer than Chapter 2. I have 5 pages already written for Chapter 4, so hopefully it comes out quicker. I took the complaints (and the praise) to heart, but the story is already mapped out in my head. I still thought about the comments when I was writing, so hopefully it shows. Still a slow build up, but moving in the right direction I hope! Your comments make this all worth it, so please don't be shy.

THREE SISTERS CH. 03

Josh stood in the doorway of Dawn's room inside the family's cabin, unable to react to what he was seeing. His mind had finally processed the scene, but had yet to give the body its orders to somehow make this right. But the reality was there was no making this right.

Before him was his girlfriend, Valerie, the woman he thought he was going to grow old with, having sex with another person. That would be devastating under any circumstance. However, the other person was none other than Josh's nemesis, his sister Dawn. They had never been close, had never been friends growing up. But pure betrayal? Stabbing him in the back in the most hurtful way possible? What had he ever done in his life to her to be the target of this hatred?

Nothing, Josh decided. He would never have done this to anyone. No one should feel what he is now feeling. Anger seized Josh now, temporary overpowering his despair and confusion.

Simultaneously, Valerie happened to look over in Josh's direction and gasped when she saw him there. Quickly she rolled to her left, grabbing the sheets to cover her naked lower half and kicking a probably confused Dawn in the head. Valerie disappeared in the darkness behind the far bed. Josh saw Dawn recover, stand up and look his way.

"Josh! Oh my God. It's not... we..." Dawn stuttered out, and began to move his way. Her face glistening with the evidence of her treachery.

Blood flashed in Josh's eyes. His rage boiled over and he made his right hand into a fist and cocked it back, ready to take Dawn's head off. Realization came over Dawn half way to Josh, and she cowered down, covering her face with her hands.

Seeing her terrified, Josh's rationality returned just enough to feel shame that he could have hit a lady, even if Dawn barely qualified. Scared about what he would do if he stayed in that room a second longer, Josh fled into his own room, slamming and locking the door.

There his emotions took over. Anger. Hurt. Sadness. Disappointment. He had no ability to cope with them all. Josh felt tears well up in his eyes, but fought them back. He had not cried since his mother died. Not when he broke his leg playing football. Not when his dog died. So certainly not when his whore of a sister ruined his life. He wasn't going to give her the satisfaction.

All of Josh's thoughts focused on Dawn and how she could do this to him. It occurred to him that Valerie was not without fault here, but he dismissed most of these thoughts believing that her naive nature was no match for the Queen of Sodom.

Josh wasn't aware of how much time had passed when he heard a soft knock at his door. Looking at his phone he realized it was almost 3 in the morning. No doubt Valerie coming to talk to him and explain her side of the story. Josh ignored the knock. He'd talk to her tomorrow when he could trust himself more. The knock came again, followed by a soft sigh. Josh heard Valerie walk away, clearly having given up on talking to him.

Sleep came eventually. Josh awoke sometime later to the sound of knocking once again at his door. He wasn't sure what time it was, but the sunlight coming through his window told him he had gotten at least some sleep.

"Josh, honey, I know you are sad but you can't spend all day in bed," came Jacquie's voice through the door. "Hurry up and get out here, I made you all your favorite things for breakfast."

How the hell did Jacquie know he was sad? Had Dawn fabricated some tale to Jacquie and Alice, in the hopes of mitigating the damage once they learned the truth? Well if she thought he was going to go down without a fight, she had another thing coming. It was about time that his sisters knew the real Dawn, the one that he had seen for years. Also, he needed to get Valerie alone. Sure, she had hurt him, but after he deprogrammed her they could get past this.

Josh dressed quickly and started to exit his room when he saw a note folded up near his door entrance. It contained just two words, "I'm sorry." Val had already started to reach out to him, which elevated Josh's mood to somewhere just north of "fuck me."

Josh saw Alice sitting at the kitchen table, which was overflowing with more food than 5 people should be able to eat. Jacquie was in the kitchen cooking even more. Josh looked around but saw no sign of either Valerie or Dawn.

"Eat up while it's hot," Jacquie said from the kitchen. "And Josh, I know you are sad about Valerie having to go home because her grandmother is sick, but you really should have gotten up to see her off. Her father didn't look happy about not seeing you when he got here this morning. Well, to be fair I didn't get to talk to him, but he sure wasn't happy about something when he pulled up. Maybe he's just really close to his mother-in-law?"

Guess that explained what happened to Val. She must have called her Dad to pick her up. Josh wondered what story she had told him to get him to drive 2 hours in the middle of the night to get her. No wonder he looked pissed off. Josh may have harbored a belief that he could make things better with Valerie in the future, but a small part of him was hoping that long drive home was as uncomfortable as possible. Now what about Satan?

"Where is Dawn?"

"She got called away for a modeling shoot. She woke me up this morning and said she had to leave right away. New York or something. Said she had no idea when she would be back. Someone sent a car to get her and she was out the door."

"Thank Christ."

"Oh you two. I thought you were actually getting along yesterday. Someday you are going to laugh about all this fighting."

"Don't hold your breath." If she only knew.

Josh spent this rest of the morning putting on a brave face. Jacquie didn't mention anything when he barely touched his food. When Alice wanted to go for a walk through woods he was quick to volunteer. Even in his depressed state he couldn't say no to Alice.

Amazingly, he actually enjoyed the 2 hours Alice and him spent alone together. She'd even made him laugh a couple of times. Josh thought back to when he was a kid and his mother died. His memories of his mother were vague, but after the funeral Jacquie had taken all four of them to see a movie, a comedy. The real memory that came through was they had all sat in that theater laughing together. He couldn't even remember the movie. 2 hours of laughing, followed by weeks of everyone crying.

Alice was having a similar effect on him now. Even day-dreamy Alice noticed something was bothering him, but only asked him once if he wanted to talk about anything. Still, her child-like passion for the world was infectious. Josh only thought about Valerie a few thousand times, a marked improvement. Sadly, when he returned to the cabin and was by himself again in his room, life caught up to him just like after the movie.

Josh's funk couldn't be shook off in the late afternoon when Jacquie announced that she was ready to actually go outdoors and to the lake. He declined her invite and spent the remainder of the daylight hours in solitary with his thoughts, which alternated from "Why me, God?" to extravagant plans of revenge against Dawn.

Somewhere along the line he'd fallen asleep and awoke to a plate of dinner left on the nightstand by his bed. Deciding to eat on the kitchen table, Josh grabbed the plate of food and headed outside of his room. He found Jacquie watching a video on the couch. One of the family's homemade movies from before his mother died. He sat down and started eating in silence next to his sister.

Josh recognized himself as a one year old being held by his mother. The entire family was there. Even Dawn looked pretty cute as a kid. You know, before she grew up into Stalin. Everyone looked so happy. Josh glanced over at Jacquie and she looked mesmerized by the scenes before her. Nothing was more important to her than family. Josh usually felt sorry for her that she didn't have more going on in her life. Usually. Now he figured that having a life was vastly overrated.

"You want to talk about it, yet?" Jacquie said, breaking the silence but not her gaze at the TV.

"Talk about what?"

"About whatever it is that is bothering you."

"I'm fine."

"Josh, I raised you. You think I can't tell when something is bothering you? And this one must be a doozy. I don't know that I've ever seen you this down."

"Just sad Valerie left, that's all."

Jacquie finally turned and looked at Josh. Squinted her eyes, and gave a long sigh.

"Fine, don't tell me if you don't want to. You know, I'm a pretty good person to talk to. You might actually feel better."

"I doubt it."

"Try me."

"There isn't anything you can say to make this one better. Plus, you are just going to take her side like you've always done my entire life."

"Whose side?"

"Obviously Dawn's. Who else could I be talking about?"

"You two really did have another fight. Well she's gone for a while, problem solved."

"She needs to never come back. I mean it, Jacquie. Her or me. You have to choose."

"Okay, slow down. Take a deep breath, then tell me what the hell you are talking about."

"She fucking slept with Valerie! My girlfriend cheated on me with my fucking sister. Are you happy now? Can you fix my fucking problem?" Josh's voice was rising, focusing his rage on innocent Jacquie.

"This is all your fault. You let her do whatever the fuck she wants. Fuck this guy, fuck that guy. Of course she grew up not knowing that you don't fucking steal people's girlfriends. Maybe if you'd given a damn about us she'd have turned into a decent human being."

Jacquie flinched as if she'd been struck, and Josh understood immediately that he had gone too far.

Literally huffing and puffing, Josh just starred at Jacquie waiting for her reaction.

"You get that all out of your system?"

Josh nodded.

"I can't hear you."

"Yes."

"And is there something you maybe want to say to me?"

"I'm sorry," he said clearly, even while staring at the floor.

"Forgiven. I understand that you are furious with Dawn, Josh. But I'm not Dawn. Now, from the beginning, calmly, tell me what happened."

Relieved that she had been so forgiving, though hardly surprised, Josh told Jacquie everything. He explained how Dawn making fun of him for being a virgin had pissed him off. About how Dawn had learned he wanted to try to move things forward with Valerie. He even mentioned how he thought it was working, due to the sexy bathing suits and Valerie seeming a little more open and flirty. He left out the Truth or Dare game. Jacquie probably wouldn't understand that at all.

Finally, he explained how he had walked in on the two of them together, having sex.

"Well, small favor you didn't kill her right then. I'd be down to two siblings and have to bail your ass out of jail."

"Oh, believe me, I wanted to. I managed to hold back though."

"Guess I didn't raise you all to be indecent human beings after all?" she added, but with a smile that let him know she was just needling him.

"I said I was sorry, Jacquie. You know you're amazing. We all know you're amazing."

"I love you too, Josh. Just like I love Dawn."

"Can we just forget the D word even exists? At least for tonight?"

"Okay."

A long silence ensued, Josh not really knowing what to say and Jacquie looked deep in thought.

"A boy cheated on me once." Jacquie finally said. "You probably don't remember. I was a little younger than you, 17. So you couldn't have been older than 8. Senior year of high school, like you. Brandon Weiss. We couldn't have been dating for more than 3 months, but I'd decided that I was in love. So when he tried to have sex with me I gave in. I thought that is what you had to do to keep a boy interested.

"Anyways, one day I came to school and some chick I didn't recognize was looking for me. Told me to back off if I knew what was good for me. Apparently, he had been screwing some sophomore for almost the entire time we were dating. Certainly during the time he had told me he was in love with me and begged me for sex.

"I couldn't have been more devastated. Imagine how you feel now, only add in teenage girl. Now I know you and Valerie were together a lot longer than me and Brandon, but try explaining that to hysterical 17 year old me. In most ways I was a pretty damn mature 17 year old. I didn't drink, smoke, skip school, or anything my friends would do. Hell, you know I'd basically been raising you guys without any real adult help for a few years at that point. But when it came to my heart, I was no better than anyone else.

"I missed Mom then more than anytime I could remember. I know she would have known what to tell me to make it all better. Mom was so wonderful, Josh. I'm sorry I don't know how to make you feel any better. I wish she was here now."

Josh saw the sadness in her eyes that was always there whenever she talked about their Mom.

"Nah, you did fine. I'm glad you are the one here with me now."

Josh hugged Jacquie and put his head down in her lap. He slowly started to fall asleep as she combed her hand through his hair.

"I'm sorry about Valerie, baby. I promise you'll feel better soon."

Funny thing about it, just like when he was talking to Alice, Josh was already starting to feel better.

A few weeks had passed since the weekend at the cabin. Josh had not seen Dawn during that time, and had only seen Valerie at his graduation ceremony. He had made an attempt to find her afterwards, but she disappeared quickly.

Josh would like to say that he had handled his break-up with Valerie like a champ, but he hadn't been his normal self. Of course Alice hadn't noticed. She just went about her day doing Alice stuff. Reading. Writing in her journals. Playing on the computer. She loved Josh's company and he made a point to spend at least an hour each day with her. Not that it was a chore. The time with Alice always proved to be his favorite of the day.

Alice loved to lecture him about whatever it was that she had just learned about. Her second favorite hobby was to quiz him about life experiences that she had not experienced. Like what did it feel like accepting a high school diploma in front of the entire school? Poor Alice had not felt well enough to attend her own. Only when a normal person asks this question, you can get away with a quick answer like, "nice" or "pretty sweet." Not with Alice. She wanted to know every single detail. She'd make Josh dig deep to properly explore her quandary, all the better for her to live vicariously through him.

While Josh wasn't on Alice's level mentally, she never made him feel stupid. They'd played chess a thousand times, Josh never coming close to winning, and he couldn't think of a single time where she hadn't complimented him on his play or tell him he was getting better each time. It was bullshit, but it was just one of the million things he loved about her. Josh had always followed Alice around when he was a kid, even before his mother had died. Of course this had been the source of a tremendous amount of Dawn's teasing and insults. All the worse in that Dawn was probably right in that Josh had a little kid's crush on his sister.

Alice had eventually learned about Josh's break-up with Valerie. Naturally, she had proceeded to mercilessly grill him on what heartache felt like. Did he think of her when he woke up? Was it physically painful the moment they decided it was over? Josh had told her they had just had an adult conversation about long distance relationships and decided to end things. He hated lying to her, but the idea of sharing the gory details he had told Jacquie just seemed impossible with the sheltered Alice. When Josh had tried to give Alice a hint that this wasn't a subject he had any interest in talking about, telling her that it was especially painful talking about it, it just opened up a whole new line of questioning about WHY was it painful to talk about.

Jacquie was an entirely different story. She knew Josh was hurting and was always trying to make him feel better. Josh noticed that she'd go out of her way to give him a hug or a kiss on his head every time she saw him. She would ask him about his day or if he noticed any cute girls at his summer job working as the family attorney's office. Josh always smiled and answered no. He enjoyed her attention, but couldn't quite shake the general malaise that seemed to follow him around.

One day approximately a month after 'the incident,' Josh was in his room doing his usual nothing when he heard a knock at the door. Jacquie came in after Josh invited her looking a little excited.

"I've had a revelation. Do you ever think Dawn may have done you a favor?"

If Josh's eyes were daggers...

"Hear me out. You have to have done a little reevaluation of your relationship with Valerie."

"Huh? Have I reevaluated my non-existent relationship with my cheating ex-girlfriend? Sorry, can't say I have."

"No dummy. I mean, forget Da... you-know-who for a second. I mean, before all THAT happened. You probably thought everything with Valerie was perfect, right?"

"I guess."

"And now?"

"Geez, Jacquie. What do you want me to say? That things were perfect and if Dawn wasn't a big slut I'd be with Val until the day I die? I'm not a total imbecile. The Valerie that I thought I knew wasn't the real Valerie. Or at least, there was a side to her that she never showed me. But if you want me to pin a fucking medal on Dawn's chest, don't hold your breath. All she cared about was hurting me. If I never see her again it will be too soon."

"Oh Josh, you only get one family. But, I didn't come here to talk about Dawn. My point is if that never happened, you'd likely still be with Valerie right now. It might have taken you guys years to realize you weren't meant for each other."

"You mean taken her years to realize she didn't want to be with me, right?"

"No, that's not what I meant. And you can't believe that this had anything to do with you."

"Why not? What Dawn said was right. She wanted to have sex, just not with me. She wasn't attracted to me."

"Look me in the eyes when I say this. What happened that night had nothing to do with you. Maybe it was just Dawn doing what Dawn does. Or maybe Valerie was just too drunk to make a proper decision. You did say she never drinks. Or maybe she's gay."

"Oh that's just great. So I spent 2 years of my life as her beard? If that's true, then she decided to date me because I'm some pussy that she knew wouldn't try to get in her pants?"

"Or because you are a great guy that respects a girl's boundaries."

"That doesn't change the fact that I'm 18 years old and the only boobs I've ever seen are digital."

"So had you seen her breasts all would be perfect in the world?"

"Yes. No. I don't know. They were really nice breasts!"

Jacquie laughed then got a playful look on her face.

"As nice as mine?"

"How the hell should I know? I don't go around comparing my girlfriend's breasts to my sister's." Which was totally true. Josh never really thought of his sisters in a sexual way. Well, maybe Dawn a few times. But that was because she was so in-your-face about it that the thought was basically forced into your mind. But never Alice or Jacquie.

LickDaFelt
LickDaFelt
146 Followers