Tomboy Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Slickman
Slickman
8,181 Followers

"WHAT! Tom screamed, as did all the fans. "YOU'RE CRAZY!" Everyone could see Jo had established position before O'Leary got there.

Jo just lay on her back not believing she had fouled out. It also meant the girl would be shooting foul shots with only twenty seconds left. She staggered to her feet and moved to the bench with her head down. The fans booed while O'Leary swished in the two foul shots. Trinity was up by two and Central did not have a go-to player anymore.

"Time out," Meagan yelled. She huddled the players together and looked at Tina. "I want you to get the ball into May and then run to the right corner. May will shoot if she's open but if not she will toss it back to you. Make the shot I know you can do it."

"Yes coach," Tina said nervously. Jo had always been the one on the spot.

"Do it for me," Jo whispered. "I don't want to lose to that bitch." She, of course, meant O'Leary.

The fans were standing and chanting "CENTRAL" as Tina brought the ball up against O'Leary who was as close as she could get. She bounced the ball into May who was double-teamed down low. Tina got to the corner and saw the ball coming from May. She grabbed it and in one motion turned and fired at the hoop. Before the ball left her hand O'Leary's body crashed into hers. Again she crashed to the floor and again she hit her head. But this time everything went dark.

*****

Tina opened her eyes and the first face she saw was Jo's. "What happened?"

"O'Leary creamed you as you shot," Jo said smiling. She was happy Tina had come to. "You came to and walked to the bench with my help but blacked out again. The paramedics are coming in the door right now."

"Wait," Tina said. "Who won?"

Jo grabbed her hand. "They did, April missed the last foul shot."

"It was my fault," Tina sobbed.

"No, it was mine," Jo said. It was the worst game she had played in quite a while. She moved back as the paramedics checked Tina's vitals. When they said she needed to go to the hospital for tests Jo was the first one to volunteer to ride with her.

*****

Tom tried to get to Jo before she ran out with the paramedics but was too late. The boys were told she would be all right which relieved a lot of the anxiety. The locker room was still pretty quiet as they prepared themselves mentally for the Trinity Boy's team.

"Don't be nervous," Billie whispered to him as they announced the starters.

"I'm not," Tom said confidently. He knew what his abilities were and from what he saw during the warm up the Trinity team didn't scare him. He had faced tougher guys back in Clarkton.

Although they were not as tough they were faster and had better ball-handling skills. Tom shied away from taking outside shots until Father Tim yelled at him as he ran by the bench. "Shoot Tom!" The next trip down he put up his first jumper, which rattled in and out.

"Pass the ball," Calvin yelled as they ran back on D. It was going to be a long night. Calvin hit his first two shot and Trinity started double-teaming him. It left Tom open and he drained a long three. Calvin smiled as he ran by. "Good shot."

Tom, Calvin and John formed a triangle in the corner, which meant someone would be open if they tried to double team one of them. John got two quick baskets and Central was up by six at the end of the quarter.

*****

"I'm ok," Tina said to Jo as they waited for a doctor to look at her. "I know you want to see Tom play so go on back." Another girl had driven over to the hospital and was leaving to go back to the gym.

"I don't want to leave you," Jo said. She felt responsible for Tina being hurt. If she had not fouled out of the game O'Leary would have been guarding her instead of Tina.

"This is not your fault Jo," Tina said smiling.

"I think it is," Jo said clutching her hand.

"Believe me, I feel fine," Tina laughed. "Go!"

Jo kissed her on her forehead and left the hospital. When she arrived it was halftime with the score Trinity 30 and Central 38.

"Wow," she said sitting next to her coach. "We are beating them?"

"Your boyfriend is tearing them up," Meagan smiled. "He's got 15 already."

Jo caught his eye and smiled. Tom ran over after making a lay-up during the warm-up. "Is Tina ok?" he asked.

"She says she is," Jo answered. "Sorry I missed the first half."

"I'm glad you are back," Tom smiled as he ran back to get in line.

"I think I now know what caused your problem tonight," Meagan said as she hugged Jo to her.

"It's that apparent, huh?" Jo said as she watched Tom laid the ball softly over the front of the rim.

"I really don't blame you," Meagan grinned. "He's a knockout."

"I know but I let the team down tonight."

Meagan hugged her star player. "There will be more games. I'm just glad you are on my team."

"Did the Notre Dame Coach say anything?"

"Yes, she commented on your off-game but she liked your toughness and of course the fact you still scored 20 points on an off-night."

Jo watched as the second half started and saw Tom block a shot and throw it the length of the floor to Calvin who laid it in. "Why can he have a good game and not me?" she wondered.

"Would you like some words of advice?" Meagan asked as Tom did a two-hand dunk over the tallest player on the Trinity team.

"I would love some," Jo answered.

"Stop seeing him until after the season is over."

Jo jerked back at the suggestion. "Stop seeing him?"

"It's messing up your head and your game," Meagan said. "We only have two more weeks of the regular season and then the State playoffs begin. "I'm sure he will understand and can wait at least a month."

Jo sat and only looked at him for the next ten minutes. "Can you wait a month?" she thought. When the horn sounded Central had beaten Trinity by 14 points. Tom and Calvin were the top scorers at 24 apiece.

Tom and his teammates danced by the bench. It meant they were now tied with Trinity for first place. He looked for Jo but couldn't find her.

"We're going down to Jack's Diner," Calvin said as he smacked Tom on the back. "Come with us."

"Ok, let me find Jo," Tom said as he moved through the cheerleaders and dance team. He saw April. "Have you seen Jo?"

"She left when the game was over," April said smiling. "Are you going down to Jack's?"

"I guess so," Tom said. He ran down to the locker room and quickly showered. He dressed and as he walked behind the large group of kids he called Jo on his cell phone. Her mother answered.

"Hi Mrs. Thompson, is Jo there? This is Tom."

"Tom, Jo is up in her room and said she does not want to speak to anyone. Can I take a message?"

"Are you sure? I really need to talk to her."

"Yes, I........" Jo moved into the kitchen and took the phone from her mother's hand.

"It's me," she said with tears pouring down her face.

Tom could tell she had been crying. "Is Tina ok?"

"Yes," she sobbed. "It's me...I mean us...I can't see you for a while."

"What?" he asked as he stopped walking. "Why not?"

"I can't concentrate on the team and my game. I made my first "F" ever this week on an exam. I just can't see you until after the season." Her voice cracked as she handed the phone to her mother and ran up the stairs.

"Jo, I love you," he said almost in tears himself. "Don't do this." He heard the click as the phone went dead.

End of Tomboy Chapter 3

*

Note from Slickman: Sorry it has taken so long for Chapter 3. I've been busy on some other stories. I'm taking it slow like many of you have asked for. Let me know how you liked the story so far and please don't forget to vote. Thanks...Slick

Slickman
Slickman
8,181 Followers